Sunrise Assisted Living of Wilmington - Wilmington, DE

Just minutes from the Delaware/Pennsylvania state line, Sunrise of Wilmington is set in the heart of Brandywine Hundred. We pride ourselves in our dedication to creating a quality care alternative for seniors in the North Wilmington area.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Not In Our Budget, But Tour Was Nice

My wife, and I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went pretty well, and everyone was kind to us. From what we saw the community looked good. Everything was nice, and clean. The staff was friendly, helpful. It was a good experience, but this community did not fit into our budget.

A tour

This looked like a nice community when I visited. The people I met were friendly. This community seems to offer some nice activities. The cost of this community was just a little higher than what we were looking for.

Lovely Tour

This is a nice community with a friendly staff. I toured it for my parents, and their needs. My tour went well overall, and everyone was kind to my family, and I. The community looked nice, and well-kept. It was a nice experience, and my tour was nice one.

A good decision for us

Mom has started to participate in some of the daily activities. The staff are attentive, available and responsive. The person we spoke to before mom moved in was honest and transparent. The food is good and they offer a good variety of choices. The community is well cared for and I feel comfortable with mom living here. This community is professionally run and I would recommend it.

A Calmer Atmosphere

The atmosphere here is calm and quiet, what we needed for my mom. She is doing well and we are very happy with the care. The staff are doing all that we agreed to. It is a lovely place and the meals are lovely. I would recommend this community.

Good Communication!!

At the beginning when i took a tour of the community there were a few services the place would not be able to assist the family with. The care for my loved one has been good so far. The staff are all nice and they try to provide my loved one a great level of care. Meal plans and activities are offered to the residents.

Having A Ball Here

Molly from A Place For Mom has been phenomenal, she helped me find this community and guided me through everything. My cousin is doing really good and having a ball. She likes the meals and likes helping the staff. She also loves the activities like puzzles, exercising, bingo, walks around the building and outing to the restaurant.

A Good Environment

My father seems to be doing fine at this community. He has helpful and attentive caregivers and staff. I believe he is enjoying the meals that are tasty. The community has some activities and he likes to walk around with the group or around the community. I would recommend them to family and friends.

Sunrise was not the right place for us!!!

I was disappointed when I attended a tour of this community. I saw the memory care and it did not look like the residents were being engaged. It was a depressing feeling. The community did not seem very clean. The person that conducted the tour was nice but she did not seem prepared to answer my questions.

Sunrise Senior Living

Family atmosphere

The facility is beautiful. The staff is very informative if something happens. There is a real family atmosphere. We are very happy with Sunrise. He complains about the food, but nobody's perfect.

You get what you pay for. I wish we could afford it.

Very nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Sunrise of Wilmington was a very nice looking place, I really liked it! This is probably my top pick for when the time comes. The staff were friendly and professional, and the facility itself was very nice looking.

Lovely place. Well mantained and staffed. Everyone I met was very helpful, and nice. I would certainly consider a second look with my mother. Will contact to set up a time.

Seems like a nice place, so far!

Our loved one has only been here a few weeks but so far everything has been good. The facility has a nice homey environment, the living rooms and furniture make it feel like a home rather than a "facility", and they always have some pleasant music playing. The staff are friendly, and they've been very responsive to any requests that we have had.

Review of Sunrise Assisted Living of Wilmington Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Wilmington, DE

I liked the feeling of Sunrise and the area for Dementia people. A very homelike setting. The negative right now is Respite Care is for 30 days. I may consider Sunrise in the future but not now for Respite Care.

Nice place, overall!

Overall they do a good job at Sunrise Assisted Living of Wilmington. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff are all very very friendly. I'd give the staff higher than 5 if I could! They take good care of the residents and seem to have plenty of activities as well. The one area I'd like to see them improve is that on the weekends the dining staff get noticeably less personable.

Professional and Kind

My loved one would have felt uncomfortable because of the level of the clientele. The residents seem come from a moneyed background. Everything was very nice, very clean. The staff seemed very professional and kind. The food was excellent.

I thought everyone was very nice and helpful, especially about getting her in on short notice. This was just for a respite stay. She was concerned with the cleanliness of her personal space, mostly in the bathroom. She says it took a lot of begging to get them to come and sweep the rug. The staff was very friendly, and they had many planned activities. The food was pretty good too.

We can't think of any improvements ne...

We can't think of any improvements needed so far. They were one of the cheaper places we found for as nice as it is. Its really a lovely place! What really sold us was just that feeling that we got. It was such a homey feeling, so we went with our gut and it's been great! It's beautiful, and the price was certainly a factor as well. The only downfall would be that it is only private pay. Other than that, so far, so good.

Very Nice!!

Very nice! We didn't choose this community only because they didn't have a spot on the memory unit only on the Alzheimers unit and they said that they would move her to the memory group during the day. We thought that would be difficult for her moving from one group to another and we thought it was to large for that. But overall we were very impressed.

Good food but some concerns.

There are a couple of things that I am constantly concerned about, his closet where his clothes are is always in shambles. Things are mixed together, he had clothes that weren't his and clothes that were missing that are his, even though his name is on them. They do laundry all together with everyones clothes. He is dressed nicely and his clothes are matching. They don't put a sweater on him everyday which he loves but that is ok. They also seem to have a constant need for supplies, the wipes, gloves, etc, and I wonder why they don't offer a fee to cover the supplies. Sometimes they don't tell us that they need it until the last minute. They have a lot of activities listed on the calendar and they don't happen. We have gone there for the activities and then they didn't happen. They had a lovely Thanksgiving dinner with lots of people and they handled everything nicely. The food is pretty good. Thanksgiving dinner was out of this world, really tasty! I chose this because it is nearby, and was beautiful and friendly and they have a dog on the assisted living and on the alzheimers floor.

Would like more help with appointments

The reason I'm not giving them 5's is becaue my mom is a difficult person, I think they're doing the best they can and she's going to things at their extreme encouragement but it's a difficult sittuation.
I do like the general level of care, the daily stuff, which is why we went there but what I don't really understand, or what I would like to see improvement on is they're kind of halfway. They do the medications, but they won't make arrangements for appointments, and I didn't think a facility like this wouldn't be doing that. There is a doctor that comes in, but he's a general practitioner and he doesn't want to deal with the psychiatric meds, so now I need to find a psychiatrist. They'll take her to her appointments as long as it's on Thursday between 9 and 1 and that's if they're not already taking somebody.
It's fine for the people that are there, but my mom, not only is she a difficult person, but she has a difficult situation.

Very Nice just not the level we needed

I toured Sunrise Assisted Living of Wilmington and the community is wonderful it just didn’t have the level of care I needed for my loved one. The Sunrise properties are also more expensive in Delaware then in Pennsylvania. The common areas were very open and full of light, not like the residents are stuck in a dark corner some where.

Lively, colorful, cheerful ...

Lively, colorful, cheerful atmosphere with activities geared towards individual resident's needs. Emphasis on getting to know patient's likes and dislikes. Staff seems very up-to-date on dementia care. Support meeting offered.

Really liked this place. Manager was...

Really liked this place. Manager was very helpful. Gave us a nice tour. The larger Studio would be perfect for my mom. "Entry" fee is one months rental fee. Rental fee depends on which size apt we decide on.

I am very familiar with this one, my ...

I am very familiar with this one, my dearest neighbor and friend has been there for 8 years. I have the literature, and altho the rates are less than most it is an a la carte sort of set up.

I visited Sunrise yesterday. I was a ...

I visited Sunrise yesterday. I was a beautiful place! My only concern right now is that it is a private pay community only...., What I liked the best was the set-up of the hallways, it really broke from that institutional style look. I also thought the private dining room for parties was a nice extra along with the rap around porch.The Denver was my favorite room design but the lower end units were also very appealing. This is only the beginning o a difficult decision!

Would only use this as a back-up to S...

Would only use this as a back-up to Sunrise of Westtown if we would need care for Bob in 2011 and Westtown does not have space. (1/31/2011).