Foulk Manor North - Wilmington, DE

Foulk Manor North offers our residents a continuum of care encompassing independent living, assisted living, memory care in our Bridge to Rediscovery community and skilled nursing. Set on ten beautifully wooded acres, right next to the New Castle County Brandywine Hundred Library, Foulk Manor North is convenient to I-95 and Route 202.

A warm welcome greets each visitor to Foulk Manor North. From our dedicated management team, caring team members and friendly residents, you will feel like a member of the family after just one visit to our community! Our comfortable size makes it easy for residents to enjoy all areas of Foulk Manor North without having to walk too far. Residents make new friends while staying independent and active at Foulk Manor North.

Stop by Foulk Manor North for your personal tour and complimentary lunch!

Communication is Very Great

My parents are doing okay as new residents of the community. Everything is a lot better and more than I thought it would be. The staff has great communication to our family. It is a clean community. I would recommend them but the price is a little expensive.

Not Impressed!!

The community didn't have someone that could provide the kind of care that my loved one needed. My loved one had an incident and no one had noticed it till a few hours after it had happened. The staff didn't manage my loved ones catheter good and this ended up in their health being put at risk. Staff didn't communicate well in between shifts with each other.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your input. Foulk Manor and all other Five Star Senior Living communities strive to deliver quality care to our residents and hold our staff only to the highest standards of hospitality and service. We operate under strict industry standards and often times exceed these regulations. With that being said, we are always looking for ways to improve, so if you are willing, we kindly ask you to call our Gold Star Service line [removed] and provide us with more details.

Some Improvements Need

The room was good, but I didn't feel like the bathroom was taken care of well. My friend is in the assisted living unit and I just think that the bathroom is not handled very well. There could have been improvement there.

I do like the staff, but it's expensive.

I do like the staff. We are going to be moving my loved one very soon because of the price. She was accepted in the independent living but they moved her into assisted living. Assisted living is twice as expensive. That is the reason we are moving her. I think they should have a bigger space for their dementia day program. The program is good for socializing but the room is very small with a lot of people in it. They could improve on their communication and follow ups.

Five Star Reviews

In an effort to assist our residents and family members with stretching their hard earned dollars, I would love to have an opportunity to discuss the many options that Foulk Manor North has to offer. Always keep in mind that when planning for one’s financial future, understand that Long Term Care Medicaid will also be a financial alternative upon meeting Foulk Manor North’s entrance qualifications. Please let us know how we could best improve our overall communication. We believe in the “open-door” policy and putting people first!

Thanks for your consideration,
Virginia Gray
Executive Director

Do your research!

I highly recommend that you do your research. Talk to existing residents but more importantly talk to their family members. I will never put a loved one in this facility. It was very good years ago not now. Administration changed and nursing staff has had high turnover. That should sum it up for you!

Five Star Reviews

I would like to apologize for your overall opinion of Foulk Manor North. As the Executive Director of this community, I take great pride in our quality of service and hospitality. Although we recognize that we may have moments of imperfections, we also recognize that team member retention continues to be an industry-wide challenge. However, I am pleased to say that my leadership team has longevity and a dedicated commitment to service. It is also important to mention that Foulk Manor North conducts annual resident and family satisfaction surveys that assists us with improving our overall services. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you either by telephone or in person, to better understand what your personal experience has been at Foulk Manor North. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Sincerely, Virginia C. Gray, Executive Director

1.5 stars for management

I rate 1.5 stars for management. When I originally went there my parents were evaluated. I was very afraid when we would run out of money and when the funds run out they said there would be medicaid. I was told everything would be fine. After a few weeks, they had to put my parents in two different rooms because of my dads dementia. I was told there was a waiting list for medicaid. I'm really unhappy that everything changed. Right now I'm trying to find an alternative for my parents.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you taking the time to write a review about Foulk Manor North. I apologize for the experience you and your loved one had at our community. I am the Executive Director and I am concerned about the items you have mentioned. We work hard to provide clinical excellence in an environment with all of the warmth and hospitality of home. We scrutinize ourselves daily as part of our efforts to achieve the high standards and personal touch that we expect at Foulk Manor North. Likewise, we ask our residents and families for their invaluable input through a variety of venues. To that end, I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you by phone or in person as soon as possible. Virginia Gray, Executive Director.

Visitingy loved one

Staff is very friendly while visiting but not so much when alone with the patients! We have been lied to by a CNA or Tech. Told us She was up and dressed and must have gotten undressed and back in bed.
We knew this was obviously a lie due to the timing envolved and her condition.

A Happy Resident

Foulk Manor North is a great community. I recently moved in there and and am enjoying myself. I am in the independent living area in one of the cottages. The staff is great and very friendly. The food is fantastic! The dining experience is great, with a variety of food available. The servers are great and the dining room is well organized. They do have call lights available. The staff is very attentive to needs. I had a need for door handles in my cottage and they were installed before I even moved in! The area that is lacking is the activities. I've heard others complain about not having enough activities available to residents. Hopefully this can be remedied.

Home

Both my Aunt and Uncle are residents of Foulk Manor North and love it very much. The staff is what makes this place great. They are all warm and friendly, and very eager to help in any way possible. Foulk Manor gets an A++ from my family.

Staff was really awesome! Secured entrance was a great plus. Greeted as soon as you walked in the door. The facility was quite lovely and the rooms were very, very nice. Lots of activities for the residents and the amenities were modern. All day dining is a real plus. The cottage was perfect, however, it was a fairly long walk to get to the dining area. They had a spectacular screened in patio area that was supersized with absolutely beautiful furniture. That alone was a huge selling point for Mom. This facility is a top contender in our search!

Best place to Live

This place is wonderful! The staff is attentive and the food is out of this world. If you are considering a change in your life, Foulk Manor North should be at the top of your list.

My mother was at Foulk Manor

My mother was at Foulk Manor North for about a year and a half in the memory care unit. The people there were absolutely wonderful. My mother was very difficult in the stage of Dementia she was at when she became a resident there and I was certain she would not adjust well. However, with the kind and caring staff there, she wound up adjusting amazingly well. She was treated with respect and loving care until she passed away there in 2013. Although the facility is very expensive, I felt it was worth it with the fine care my mother received.

I am very pleased with Foulk Manor North.

I am very pleased with Foulk Manor North. My loved one is settling in and loves it.

Liked it

We toured this community when we were looking for services for our loved one. It was a nice community and we wanted to rate it highly. Ultimately, we went with a community that was closer to us, but this one was nice.

Institutional and sad

This was awful, it was institutional. It was a very sad place, with an awful odor, and the people were not very friendly.

Good choice!

I am very pleased with Foulk Manor North. The staff is helpful and polite. My loved one is happy and is adjusting very well.

Not a Good Experience

When I visited Foulk Manor North I did not have a good experience. The staff was yelling down the hallway to talk to other staff members, which made it very confusing. The community does not have a good layout for the Alzheimer unit just seems like it would be confusing for them. Was not what I needed for my loved one.

Try to keep residents...

Try to keep residents engaged to enjoy and encourage sense of accomplishment to minimize transition to assisted living. $4,950/month minimum and only accept private pay. Have sister facility in Voorhees, NJ that accepts Medicaid after two year stay.

discovered independent living peers h...

discovered independent living peers here nowhere near as frisky and 'independent' as we are. Would be depressing to be around this gang.

This will be considered to have a tem...

This will be considered to have a temporary two weeks tryout in the future.