Shipley Manor - Wilmington, DE

Shipley Manor is a full service,continuing care rental retirement community serving independent living,assisted living, and skilled and rehabilitation services.

Shipley Manor,a proud member of the community for over 26 years, was originally elementary school; it is now located in the Brandywine Hundred neighborhood.

Shipley Manor is designed for people who approach life with style and energy. Get comfortable in the library with a good book,or keep tabs on the business world through the local paper! Take part in activities ranging from fitness classes, bridge, to the community choir. It is a great way to meet your neighbors and form lasting friendships.

We invite you to visit our community,to experience Shipley Manor lifestyle firsthand.

Cant judge a book

The community needs a complete overhaul. Every time I visited my mom, there's always something breaking down. The ceiling was leaking, they had a huge bucket for days collecting water, and you can always find the staff on their cell phones or sitting down. I will say, if you want to hear a lot of gossip and whats going on about the building, just sit in the room for awhile. The staff is so loud and gossiping just about anything. Better than a soap opera.

Rehab was nice, In and out. no complaints
Food was decent

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for bringing your observations to our attention. I apologize that your experience was not up to our usual higher standards. I immediately met with Shipley’s leadership management team to review our cell phone policy and the expectation of business-like conduct with their team. The issue of the leak that you spoke of has been rectified. I have assigned our Environmental Services Director to audit areas throughout our community to ensure that our equipment is properly functioning , in addition to our routine preventative maintenance checks. I can be reached at Shipley Manor if I can be of further assistance to you - Kris Perrone, Executive Director of Shipley Manor

I visit there about once a week. There is a storage closet on the right side of the hallway and there is a recessive cpr manakin laying/sitting in a chair that looks like a resident that has been put in the closet and or passed out! It is very alarming and unexpected as you walk by. My Mom's room is dusty all the time with garbage underneath tabels and floor needs to be vaccuumed. Bathroom in room needs a paint job, face lift of some kind.
The activities are great-happy hour-dining services.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent observations. I am Kris Perrone, Executive Director of Shipley Manor. After reading your review, I immediately ordered the proper storage container for the CPR mannequin. I do understand how that observation was alarming to you. Thank you for brining that to our attention. Shipley strives to have a neat and clean environment. I apologize that your experience was not up to that standard. I have assigned our housekeeping supervisor to audit resident rooms and bathrooms for cleanliness and have assigned our Maintenance Supervisor to observe all resident bathrooms and bedrooms in the health center to identify those in need of paint and/or repairs. Please be assured that we will correct any items that are found not to be up to high standard. I can be reached directly at Shipley Manor if I can be of further assistance to you. Kristen Binz-Perrone, Executive Director

Not impressed

We used Shipley Manor briefly for rehab care for a loved one, and overall I was not impressed. The care services seemed uncoordinated, and they seemed more focused on convincing us to convert her to a full time resident than helping her to recover.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent observations with us. I am Kris Perrone, Executive Director of Shipley Manor. As Executive Director, please be assured that I will personally look into the coordination of care for our residents through the care planning process and address any areas that are not up to our high standards. I apologize that your experience was not a positive one. I can be reached directly at Shipley Manor if I can be of further assistance to you.

The staff at this community is very f...

The staff at this community is very friendly and courteous. They seem to be genuinely concerned about my mother's well being and that she stay active. The facility is small enough to stay friendly but large enough to give variety. My mother says the food is good and she doesn't miss having an early meal because brunch menus are available. the maintenance personnel have been very helpful in performing various task for her.

Just wonderful!!

They have been wonderful for my mom, just wonderful! I enjoy going to visit my mother there. They are very friendly and the care service is wonderful. She is independent, but she fell and the staff on duty was able to help. So when she took her tumble they were able to provide the care there so that she wouldn't have to go somewhere else for that. They have a lot of activities, movies, bingo, blood pressure checks, outings, mystery tours, etc, and they can participate as much or as little as they want. I can't find a fault!

Didn't care for the assisted living.

I didn't care for the assisted living, it was very institutional and not very pleasant.

Took care of all the medical

My mother was here almost 10 years and they handled all of the medical stuff. I think it was a good experience, my siblings didn't care for it but I think that's because you have to walk through the health center and it's kind of in your face what's coming down the road, it's really not fun, but I personally thought it was a good place.
I don't know if my mom needed a change or what, I let it happen and I don't think I should have. They had a psychiatrist come in and dealt with all of the medical stuff but we needed someone to help with the daily things like getting dressed even though I liked having the nurse check on her directly and daily.

Owners gave a fabulous tour and invit...

Owners gave a fabulous tour and invited us for lunch. The residents were very friendly and the atmosphere felt like a family. This is our 1st choice. The music opportunities were unique and she loved the fact that they have a choir.