Ingleside Assisted Living - Wilmington, DE

Ingleside Homes offers affordable assisted living to all fail seniors, regardless of income, who need assistance with two or more activities of assisted living such as eating, bathing and dressing.

Kind Community

I had a decent tour of this community. Everything went well. All the staff was kind and friendly. My questions were answered. It was a good tour.

Although it has been only one week since my mother has become a residence, I am cautiously optimistic from what I am seeing and hearing from her and her experiences.

She has said that if she had known previously that her experience (so far) would be like this, she would have moved in much sooner.

Very Pleased With This Community

My loved one is doing very well here. He is being cared for very well here. I'am happy with everything they have done for us. The staff is patient and very caring towards the residents. They do a good job with keeping everything very nice and clean. I know he is safe and in good hands here. I would highly recommend this community, it has worked out very well for us here.

Great place!

Ingleside made the transition for my mother very smooth. Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful. I like the small size and the individual attention.

Ingleside-ask questions first.

I honestly do not know who wrote the other reviews and how much time they have spent in the building. It is basically falling apart. One of the two elevators is not in service at least every 10 days and is sometimes out for days at a time resulting in ALL residents left to use one elevator. The administration states they cannot afford to fully repair them, yet Ingleside is one of the most expensive independent living buildings in DE. The washing machines are also often broken, often not to be fixed for 7 days or more.
On Labor Day weekend (2015) the building had to be evacuated due to a power outage caused by a water surge from the malfunctioning dishwasher. It took the Wilmington Fire Dept (all stations) 6 hours to evacuate the building as one elevator was not in service. The firemen were carrying people down in wheelchairs (the building has 13 floors). It was also warm that night and many elderly were becoming dehydrated. There was no set plan thus a resident with ties to a facility in a dangerous part of Wilmington suggested the residents be evacuated to this school where the Red Cross put cots. The bathroom was far from the main room. [removed] I felt very sorry for the elderly who could do nothing as they were at the mercy of the nursing aids and other workers who did a good job, even though not trained for that work. The building really needs to be reviewed and changes implemented. The administration does not seem at all interested into making this expensive place worth the money it costs to live here. I am ambulatory, thus can get out on my own but most are not and need help. There are people with dementia and psychiatric problems mixed in with the regular population. They could walk right out the front door never to be seen again. Please be aware of these things if you are considering coming here. You do not find out these things until you have lived here for a month or two. Make your choice carefully and if choosing for a parent, I would not recommend it. As stated, I am ambulatory and have many problems here. The administration needs to be improved and policies and procedures put in place. Speak to a resident if you can. Also ask about the meals as they lack inspiration and variation. The menu has not been changed for years and often by the third seating (my seating) many items are no longer available. I also cannot be accommodated as a vegetarian and was told I would be before I signed on the dotted line. I am very distressed about my living situation here and hope that various agencies can follow up on some of the problems mentioned. Please think long and hard before you put your love one into this living center as the building is outdated and there are many interior problems. I think it is better to know the problems before committing to live here either for yourself or loved one.

I like the director

Ingleside Assisted Living is pricey. I like the director. He went out of his way to get us set up. He was amazing. They are very accommodating at this facility. It has very much been a good experience

My Mother is very happy at Ingleside and has been for these four months that she has been there.

My most important opinion aside from the financial value is my mother is happy there and continually says how friendly and helpful everyone is!

Good Hard working People

They are willing to work with families and there is no rush. You talk to the director – you talk to the other supervisor – you get to visit and they evaluate the patient. They are very accommodating and willing to meet your needs. I’ve had an excellent experience.

Right Size

My mother chose this community because she really liked the apartment and what the community had to offer. The apartments do not have kitchen so they do offer a meal service. The food is not the best and could use some work. They have a really nice garden out back. The staff is really friendly and the apartment is just the right size, it's not to big and not too small.

Allows food in unit. Other than the c...

Allows food in unit. Other than the common areas could use a touch of paint not a bad place.