When you think of assisted living and memory care, what do you see? If cookie-cutter apartments, quiet hallways, bland food and stereotypical activities come to mind, then think again. Over twenty years of experience have taught us that today’s seniors want more choices and are leading a more active lifestyle than generations before.

Newly renovated and special new pricing! Call to learn more.

Sister Is Well In This Community

I know my sister is in good hands, and safe in this community. It is a good community with kind people. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. They are great with their commutation. The community is very well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness around facility. She has gotten involved with some of the activities they offer. I would recommend this community to my family, and friends.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I’ll read your review to the team and acknowledge them for their dedication and thank them for a job well done. Please stay in close contact and let us know what we can do to ensure your sister continues to thrive here at Rockland Place. Thanks again, Brenda Negron, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Brenda Negron.

Price was a little high for us

The people I met at this community were nice. They say they are able to accommodate different dietary needs and they seem to offer some nice activities. The community looked clean.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting. I’m glad you had a positive experience and thank you for the high praise for our community, friendly staff and cleanliness. We are committed to continuous improvement; if you could let me know what we could do differently to earn four or five stars, please call me any time at [removed]. I hope we see you again soon and if you have questions along the way please feel free to give us a call. Thanks again, Brenda Negron, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Brenda Negron.

Comfortable care!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and things have so far everything is going okay for her. I am comfortable with the care the staff are providing to her but I do think that the administration could use some more organization in there paper work. My mom has mentioned that the food is a little bland and could use better quality. Overall the adjustment has been a little difficult and I think they could use some improvements.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for sharing your positive experience – we love what we do and I’m glad it shows. It would be great to know what we can do differently to earn a five-star review. We are focused on constant improvement and your insights would be helpful. Please call me anytime at [removed] with ideas or input to ensure your Mom continues to thrive. Sincerely, Jen Quinones, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Jen Quinones.

Beautiful and very clean facility. Numerous room varieties and all seemed very spacious with adequate closet space. When closets weren't available the facility provided an Armoire for the room. Most units had full kitchens from the days of independent living. It appears these are being replaced. The facility had a very "Home like" feel.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to review our community and for your positive feedback. We’re committed to creating an extraordinary community where people thrive and an excellent value for the lifestyle our residents enjoy. I’m glad you’re satisfied. Sincerely, Jen Quinones, Executive Director

Severe Understaffing

PLEASE READ. I would never recommend a loved one or family friend to live at Rockland. I was once told by the nursing supervisor [Removed], and I quote "make no doubt about it, this is a nursing home not assisted living". They simply do not staff with registered nurses around the clock and many of the residents need a level of care by staff that have enough education and skill to care for them. They deserve the best and unfortunately WATERMARK is more about the almighty dollar. Severe lack of staff and skill leads to poor care.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m surprised and sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your experience. We typically receive high marks for our care and associates and we are routinely voted the number one Assisted Living in Wilmington. I would like to assure you we meet all state staffing requirements and regulations, and often surpass them. I would definitely appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in person to apologize and address your concerns. Please call me at [removed] to discuss. Thank you. Sincerely, Jen Quinones,

An Okay Experience

We had an okay experience during my husband experience here at this community, but I did have to take him out. They were unable to provide the level of care he needed. They said he had a situation with one of the employees. I would say they did a decent job caring for him and his needs, but it wasn't a good fit for him and his needs.

Not Impressed

I was not impressed with the experience. My tour went well and it seems nice but I would not want to visit them in the future. Not the right place for my loved one.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for visiting. I’m glad your tour went well and I’m sorry our community wasn’t a perfect match for you. I wish you all the best in your search and hope you find a community that is ideal for you. Sincerely, Jen Quinones, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Jen Quinones.

Rockland Place offers a variety of activities!!!

Mom was not happy with moving into this community. She does say that the staff treat her like royalty. The staff have bent over backwards to make her feel welcome. They are encouraging her to become more active in the community and with other residents. She likes the food and they keep the community spotless. I would recommend this community.

Only private pay, does not accept Medicaid. Very nice and helpful over the phone.

Look Elsewhere

I am considering removing my mother from this facility. A nurse told me their were 3 fractures on just a single shift only a week or so ago. They do not want to pay enough staff to work at Rockland. Many of the nursing staff are not even from the US and I find difficult to communicate with. As for the dining, mediocre at best. I worry for her well being. Look elsewhere.

Watermark Ambassador

I’m a bit shocked by your review as we have had no complaints from family members. I sincerely apologize for your frustration and I urge you to contact me directly at your soonest convenience. We are committed to extraordinary care and our staffing levels are budgeted higher than surrounding communities. Our family members don’t hesitate to contact me if there is an issue and we are committed to resolution and satisfaction. I hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely, Jen Quinones, Executive Director

first-hand experience

It's a very nice place I would recommend it to others and it's price is not too expensive.

Peace of mind

The RN, Bobbi, is fantastic and really took the time to understand the needs of both of my parents. We were able to move them in together, and it has been a blessing for the family to know they are well taken care of.
Patrick [removed], the Director, was very professional and helped find a solution for us. The cost is on the high side, but the facility, the food, the staff, are excellent. The staff really seem to enjoy what they are doing and have a purpose. I walk away justifying the cost each time I visit.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for taking the time to write this online review for Rockland Place I look forward to sharing this with our entire team. It is our pleasure and privilege to serve your parents and I am so glad that you and your family are enjoying the peace of mind that you made the right decision. If at any point you learn of anything additional we can do to help them thrive, please do not hesitate to let me know. Whether it is a new class, club, program, menu item or excursion just give us a call and we will work to make it happen. Thanks again. Sincerely, Jen Quinones, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Jen Quinones.

Very happy with the services and level of caring at Rockland for their residents. I am extremely pleased with the staff and their care for my mother.

It has been very good..

Everybody is dressed well and clean. Everything inside is clean and neat. My only concern is the cost of the care level. I was hoping it would go down. I'm still waiting on the decision. Other than that it has been very good. My mother seems happy there. They take good care of her. I would certainly recommend the Rockland Place to another person. It's a really nice community with a friendly atmosphere.

Review of Rockland Place - Wilmington, DE

The staff is very caring and they are all there with the residents best interest in mind.

Review of Rockland Place - Wilmington, DE

First impression was Great , but then when mom moved in there were not many activities and the food was fair. No fresh fruits or salads on a daily basis. Everything looks like from a can or pre packaged. Nursing staff did not seam to have enough experience working with the elderly , and the way some of the aids talked to the other residents with out any respect . Needless to stay it took a fall for me and my family to deceid she will not be returning .

very accomidating

My dad is at a level where he needs a little more supervision, and the staff is working as best they can to accommodate and help out wherever they can. We are very well pleased with their willingness to assist and communicate with us as we all strive together to give dad the best care possible.

negative experience

Unfortunately we had a fairly negative experience at Rockland Place. My mom broke her femur and nothing was done about it for a good while. They can definitely improve. It is scary quiet. What I fear is that there was no good real help up where mom was, and there was no way for us to know that until what happened to mom. Had we known beforehand, we would have gone somewhere else. They need to do a lot more understanding of how important it is to keep these people socialized. Their help on the weekends especially was very weak.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for providing your feedback and concerns. I’d like to welcome and invite you to call me at [removed] to discuss in further detail. All of us at Rockland Place take your input very seriously and are committed to running an exemplary community. Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you further.

Sincerely,
David Albert, Executive Director

Great location, staff and activities

The staff is very friendly. The physical therapist my mother worked with was excellent. The place is very clean and the housekeeping and maintenance has been great. They have the most activities of all the places we looked at. The lobby is very well appointed and impressive when you walk in. My mother came kicking and screaming in there. They were very flexible and helpful with her transition in becoming a resident. The location and setting we have found to be the best choice for our mother.

Pretty good

I think it’s overall pretty good. I haven’t tried the food, but my loved one doesn’t seem to like the food. We had issues at the being with getting our loved one integrated. After we expressed our concerns they reached out to encourage her.

Rockland Place

The facility and staff are wonderful. They are friendly, helpful and competent. It is a pleasure to have a place like this for our mother.

The staff was friendly

Rockland Place was beautiful. The staff was friendly, but this was more expensive than the one we chose and it just didn't work out.

It was a positive experience.

It was a positive experience. For activities they have a little bit of everything; games, music, a ton of stuff, just everything. I was impressed that out of 100 residents they recognized me and my dad right away and knew exactly where he was. I chose this community for two reasons, they have two levels of memory care which he will need in the future, and the speech therapist he needed was there full time.

Needed a Higher Level of Care

Rockland Place was a very nice community but it just did not have the level of care I needed for my loved one. Well they would have been able to care for her now but if she worsened she would have to move to a different community. They were on the pricey side but overall it was a very nice community.

Director was an excellent tour guide ...

Director was an excellent tour guide and we were very impressed with this facility. We didn't have lunch so cannot comment on the food but the restaurant was very nice in appearance. This is our 2nd choice so far in our search but we need to check on whether it is better to stay in PA or to move to DE.

Was beautiful but nothing struck me t...

Was beautiful but nothing struck me that I did not see in other facilities that were a little less expensive.