Automatic Telephone Dialing System. By providing us with your telephone number, including on our Sites or over the telephone, you agree to be contacted by APFM and senior housing and care providers that have contracted with us to be part of our referral information service program in relation to the Services that we provide you (together, the “Participating Communities”) to explore options relating to our Services. You agree to be contacted by telephone call or text message at the telephone number you provided using automatic telephone dialing systems, even if you previously registered on a Do Not Call registry, and consent is not a condition of any purchase.
COLLECTION & USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information from four primary sources: directly from our users or customers, automatically from the use of our Services, from affiliated and unaffiliated third parties, and by using information we collect to derive new Personal Information. The types of Personal Information we collect about you depend on your interactions with us and are described in more detail below.
Information We Collect Directly from You. We collect information directly from you in a variety of ways. Any information you provide to us is voluntary, but please note that some information may be necessary for us to provide you with our Services. You may also provide Personal Information about another person for whom you may be seeking senior housing and/or care Services (“Resident”).
The categories of Personal Information we collect directly from you include:
• Identifiers, such as your first name, last name, phone number, email address, and mailing address;
• Information you provide on our Sites to request Services for yourself or another person, for example your username, password, location, zip/postal code, mailing address, fax number, and email address;
• Financial information, including the Resident’s budget for senior housing options and whether the Resident receives Medicare or Medicaid;
• Commercial information, including records of your move-in status with referred Participating Communities;
• Feedback you provide to us about our Services, including in response to surveys or through our customer service centers; and
• For Residents, his or her gender; household income; budget; senior care needs, including health information and medical conditions; and veteran status, as well as other information you may choose to voluntarily provide, such as marital status, religion, or ethnicity.
Information Automatically Collected from Your Use of the Sites. We may automatically collect information about you from your use of our Services, including by using website analytics tools or other technologies, like cookies and web beacons (which are described in more detail below).
The categories and types of information we collect automatically from your use of the Services include:
• Identifiers, such as your IP address and unique device identifiers;
• Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the type of browser you use, app version, access dates and times, pages viewed, and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites;
• Geolocation data, such as the country from which you access our Sites;
• Other information that relates to or is capable of being associated with you, such as information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information.
Web Beacons. Some pages of our Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information We Collect from Other Sources.
We may collect information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from:
• Residents (if you are not the Resident) or a person who contacts us seeking Services for a Resident;
• From Participating Communities;
• Third-party social media services, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, that you use to interact with our Services (e.g., to provide feedback on our Services) or that allow you to share information (e.g., via plugins, widgets or other tools); and
• Unaffiliated parties, such as our service providers, analytics companies, advertising networks, affiliates, and other third parties that provide us with information, so we can better understand you and provide you with information that may be of interest to you.
Information We Infer.
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the other information we collect about you. For example, we may infer your location from our collection of your IP address.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For each category of Personal Information we collect about you (whether directly or automatically), we use such category of Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes set forth below:
• To provide you the Services and otherwise complete the transactions and/or referrals you request, perform our contractual obligations, and as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
• Create and manage your online accounts;
• Communicate with you, including by telephone, text, email, and chat, regarding your use of the Services;
• Respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including to provide customer service;
• Send advertising or marketing communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
• Offer and administer surveys, contests, prize draws, sweepstakes, and other promotions;
• Conduct internal research and development;
• Analyze your engagement with APFM and Participating Communities and your use of our Services to better understand your interests and behaviors and customize your experience;
• Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract, and to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of APFM and our users, customers, employees, or the public;
• Debug, identify, and repair errors that impair the functionality of our Services;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with our business;
• Comply with our legal obligations, including our tax obligations and those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and
• With our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with the kinds of transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of APFM’s business or operations.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will share your Personal Information as follows:
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
We may provide links to third party websites from our Sites as a service to our users, but we have no ability to control nor are we responsible for the privacy and data collection, use, and disclosure practices of third party websites. When you click on links that take you to external websites, you will be subject to their privacy policies and practices and not ours. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such websites before providing them with any information.
We use reasonable security measures to store and protect your Personal Information while it is under our control. Please note, however, that no transmission of data over the Internet is 100% secure.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
To learn more about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Your device may also include a feature (“Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt Out of Ads Personalization” on Android) that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
RECORDED TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS
Telephone communications between You and APFM may be recorded or monitored for quality control purposes. By providing information to us, you expressly consent to the recording of these telephone communications.
Our Services are designed for adults, not children under the age of 16. As such, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16, and our Services are not designed for such information.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to submit a complaint or to object to the collection and use of your information by APFM at any time or to require APFM to review, transmit, change, or delete your information that we have collected and retained. APFM will respond to your request to exercise any of these rights after receiving a complete request, with the exception of information that is needed to complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, to provide the information and referral services you have requested from us, as allowed or authorized by law, or that is reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you and Participating Communities. You can exercise these rights by contacting APFM at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Toll free: 888-552-1632
US Mailing Address: A Place for Mom, Inc. 701 5th Ave, Suite 3200 Seattle, WA 98104
Canadian Mailing Address: A Place for Mom Canada, Inc. 181 Bay Street, Suite 4400 Toronto, ON M5J 2T3
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) requires us to disclose to California consumers the categories of Personal Information (as defined in the CCPA) we have collected in the preceding 12 months, our business and commercial purposes for collecting, using, or selling such Personal Information, the categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information, whether we have disclosed or sold any Personal Information for business or commercial purposes in the preceding 12 months, the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed or sold for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding 12 months, and the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information. We have provided these disclosures in the prior sections of this policy. The CCPA also requires us to communicate information about rights California consumers have to request access to their Personal Information, to request deletion of their Personal Information, to request additional details about our information practices, to request to opt out of the “sale” of their Personal Information, if applicable, and to not be discriminated against for exercising such rights.
Your options in regard to the Personal Information we collect about you are described below. You may designate an authorized agent to exercise these options on your behalf by providing your authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and by verifying your own identity with APFM. Alternatively, you may provide a power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465.
You may request access to your Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, or sell and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, subject to specified exceptions. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of the Personal Information we collected, the sources of collection, categories of Personal Information we share for a business or commercial purpose, and the categories of third parties we share your information with. You may request access by calling APFM at 888-552-1632 or by visiting the page: http://my.aplaceformom.com/personal-information-request.html. You must provide your First and Last Name, email address, and phone number used with APFM services in order for us to match you within our systems.
You may request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from or about you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. You may request that we delete Personal Information about you by calling APFM at 888-552-1632 or by visiting the Personal Request Page at http://my.aplaceformom.com/personal-information-request.html. You must provide your First and Last Name, email address, and phone number used with APFM services in order for us to match you within our systems. If you request to delete your Personal Information, certain of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
Personal Information We Disclose or Sell (as defined by the CCPA)
California law requires that we provide transparency about Personal Information we “sell,” which, for purposes of the CCPA, means instances in which APFM has shared Personal Information with certain Participating Communities in exchange for valuable consideration. If in the preceding 12 months, APFM may have disclosed Personal Information to Participating Communities to facilitate providing services to you, this disclosure may be considered a sale under California law. The categories of Personal Information disclosed includes: identifiers, such as your first name, last name, phone number, email address, and mailing address, and information about the Services you are seeking for yourself or a Resident. For information about opting out of these “sales,” please see the “Do Not Sell My Info” section below. We do not knowingly disclose or sell personal information of minors under 16 years old without affirmative authorization.
Do Not Sell My Info
As described above, we may provide Personal Information for the purpose of connecting you with Participating Communities to discuss services that you may be interested in for yourself or for a Resident. We give you the option to opt out of such sharing at any time by following the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link. The link is also available on our Sites and mobile apps.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CANADIAN CONSUMERS
Access to your personal information
Upon written request, you may access your Personal Information that is in our possession and request a correction or update of any such information.
Acknowledgement and authorization
In making a request, you confirm that you are:
OPT OUT OF APFM COMMUNICATIONS
When you receive a newsletter or other promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further newsletters and other promotional communications by following the opt-out instructions included in the communications.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
If you wish to opt out of communications with Participating Communities, you must contact them directly, as we do not control communications from Participating Communities.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS