Offering Assisted Living as well as Memory Care, The Lorelton is considered to be in 'the Suburbs' of the city. Conveniently located w/in four blocks of a number of stores, restaurants, banks, etc. It is situated w/in a quiet area having a ballpark directly across the street and a large, beautiful stone church adjacent. The Lorelton is listed on Wilmington's Historic Registry, having originally been the Charles B. Lore school which looks like a big, brick castle. When entering, one instantly senses welcome, warmth, individuality and an unpretentious sense of elegance. We are a privately owned and non-profit, one-of-a-kind community with an exemplary reputation throughout the area & within the industry. Our light-drenched apartments w/ huge paned windows, big sills and high ceilings have more of a 'feel' of space than any competitor. The Lorelton has 82 apartments each with unique floor-plans. Our original Manor-style library, w/fireplace, serves as the resident's own private space w/a large, 'living room feel.' This is a money-saving highlight when needing a little extra space for a party or meeting. Our fountain courtyard is well-loved here while incorporating ample seating & and walkways w/flower, fruit & vegetable gardens. Our indoor greenhouse is used year-round & always thriving. Our guest accommodations act as a nice refuge for friends or family coming from out-of-town wherein a full, furnished apartment awaits at below normal pricing. Our monthly art exhibits feature many area artists who host beautiful receptions displaying their works. Pets are welcome yet sensible restrictions apply. Our lobbies & activity areas provide pianos, organs, books, games, video library, internet, billiards, vending machines, gift shop, displays of collectibles, etc. Our dining room is absolutely gorgeous and the menu vast. Features abound making The Lorelton quite impressive!

• Memory Care Services
  • On-site Nurse
  • Library
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Weekly Happy Hour
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Resident Activites
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • Female Residents Accepted
  • Companionship & Conversation
  • Toileting & Incontinence Care
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • 24 hour care
  • Availability of trained clinical staff 24-hours per day
  • Cable Included
  • Laundry services
  • Transfer Assistance
  • On-site Maintenance Personnel
  • Daily up and about check
  • Arts and Crafts Programs
  • Daily Housekeeping
  • Diabetic Insulin Management

The facilities are clean, neat and well cared for. The staff are friendly helpful and really care about the residents and then families.

Very disappointed and unhappy.

We are very disappointed in the move in readiness of the apartment. While the bedroom was repainted nothing else was checked or done before move in date. 1. The bathroom door stuck when closed. 2. The tub hose was cracked, hence leaking. 3. No microwave in kitchen. 4. No washer dryer. 5. The largest kitchen drawer has no stop so it is a fall hazard. 6. Slats are missing from the vertical blinds. And 7. The bathroom tub above the apartment floods and causes water to flow into both the master and second bedroom closets, wetting the clothes and leaving a musty smell. This last problem had them wash clothes and linens for us ( since we had no washer /dryer) and low and behold, the sheet size, easily identifiable pink and blue towels are never to be found or returned. The maintenance crew shows up to look and has returned only to replace wet ceiling tiles in bathroom while nothing else's gets addressed. The bathroom door was finally shaved down but not repainted. They installed a used washer dryer with a full lint basket after they "lost" the towels. We had been told we were getting new appliances, hence the reason they are missing. My parents have been there a month and 3 days and we are still waiting for numbers 4-7 to be resolved.
Theses problems have made it much more difficult for me to convince my parents they should continue living there! I agree with them!
We have not yet gotten what we were promised!
The people are all very nice, but we seem to be getting lip service and no action.
One very good thing. My mother did have a health issue after bedtime and the nursing staff did get to her quickly and helped resolve the issue.

[email protected] [email protected]

I had no idea you have been having so many issues. I know we are getting new washers and dryers for all of the apartments which has been quite an undertaking but now that I am aware of all of this I will raise it to the highest level and get your issues resolved. This is the first time I have ever heard of such complaints so it troubles me. If you would like to come talk to me we can possibly find you a better unit. So sorry :(

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. The property was clean and I liked that the residents where involved in many activities throughout the building. In the end decision it was just not the right fit for my mother.

Great Environment and Friendly People

A very independent woman, Mom has been at the Lorelton for less than we 2 months and we couldn't feel better about her being there. We've actually seen physical & social improvements now that she is "out & about" meeting more people and attending the meals & some activities. Transitions & Change is not always easy and everyone is positive and supportive.

[email protected] [email protected]

That's wonderful! We are truly a family here at The Lorelton. Great to have your feedback!

1. Medical Department A++
2. Housekeeping Department A++
3. Dietary / cuisine: Beyond belief
4. Maintenance – outstanding
5. Activities, Art, Tai Chi
Visiting pet program; films, trips; on site PT

[email protected] [email protected]

Thanks for the great review Mark! We are happy to have you as part of The Lorelton family

A positive atmosphere!

My mother is doing well at the Lorton. The place is clean and the meals are not bad, my mother is specific on what she likes to eat and she is liking the meals they serve. The staff is very nice. We really liked the Lorelton because the owner's parents are actually residents there. It's not just a big corporate place, it's more family oriented.

[email protected] [email protected]

Thanks for the wonderful review and for being part of the Lorelton family!

Lorelton = A ++

I toured the Lorelton and met with Ms. McFalls; she is very professional and astute. The facility is immaculate; well maintained and with one notable exception..... totally handicap accessible.
[Removed]

[email protected] [email protected]

Thank you for your review! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you :)

[email protected] [email protected]

and of course we are 100% handicapped accessible.

From the moment you step into Lorelton and am greeted by their receptionist, you feel the caring atmosphere!
Staff is always helpful, smiling & professional!
The environment is cheerful, stimulating & active! The residents at home & engaging in life!
Good job Lorelton!

Thank you!!

Extremely clean & well maintained. Great all round care & services.

Mother lives here & passed away after 4 years of a caring staff in a beautiful building. In addition, my aunt & uncle have lived here for 3 years. The experience had been very good. They are constantly trying to have fresh ideas for the residents to experience. Their devoted staff is sincere. We are blessed to have The Lorelton.
P.S. This rooms are spacious & beautiful!

[email protected] [email protected]

Thanks for your great review Larry!

This is a wonderful community in which I reside. The staff are helpful, cheerful, and sensitive to the needs of all that need their help. The administration listen to your concern and attempt to correct them. The building is clean with repairs being done when needed.

My father, Harry Wujcik, lived the remainder of his life here. He was 93 years old & independent most of his life. When he could no longer walk, he resided to the lorelton. Food, Medication, fellowship with both residents & staff as well as nursing care were at. His life was pleasant & rewarding. The lorelton staff was wonderful.

[email protected] [email protected]

Thanks Joe! I miss my buddy every day! Take care!

The Lorelton in a wonderfully friendly place to live. We are seem like one happy family. I wouldn’t hesitate to tell anyone how I feel about living here.

Though I did not realize it at first, the best thing that could have happened to me was to move into the Lorelton. The staff & activity people are great!! I have no complaints, they are always there first when I need them! This includes the kitchen people, too!!! Thanks a lot for everything!!

[email protected] [email protected]

We love you Chrissy! Thanks for the kind words!

I love living at the lorelton. The staff is kind & friendly; the food is good; there are many activities & I love the other residents. My apartment is large & kept clean and my visitors love it here.

We love you too Lucia!

Review of The Lorelton - Wilmington, DE

A family member lives at the Lorelton. I visit there frequently. Residents do have some minor dissatisfaction. The ones I hear mentioned are being required to wait when a meal or service is delayed or requires more time than expected.

[email protected] [email protected]

Since our residents are involved in every aspect of the community including the dining program, we have brought on board a new Dining Director who is in the process of hiring and revamping our entire dining program. In addition, our directors are now present for dinner to evaluate any areas we may need more staff or training. :)

Review of Lorelton - Wilmington, DE

Clean. Perfect. Love it here very much!

Review of Lorelton - Wilmington, DE

Clean, safe and secure, excellent care, loved rooms, great activity. My mother loves it there.

Review of Lorelton - Wilmington, DE

My mom fought tooth and nail when we began discussing her need to move from an apartment to assisted living. She and we feel in love with the lorelton. The greatest assets are the people. The nurses, aides, cleaning staff and dining room staff all knew my mom by name within days of her moving in. They are un failingly kind. She often remarks on how good they are to her. They make a real effort to get all residents active & involved. I would recommend Lorelton to other families.

[email protected] [email protected]

awe that's so sweet! Thank you for such a wonderful review! We sure do try! It's nice to know that we are appreciated!

Like heaven.

Review of Lorelton - Wilmington, DE

The Lorelton is by far the most welcoming, friendly and active of all the Assisted Living. Facilities that I have been to. I have lived here more than 20 years and it’s home.

We love you Helen!

This is a great facility - warm, beautiful, well maintained, happy residents, secure, RNs on duty. The apartments are all different shapes and sizes - a one bedroom E or F is plenty of room for two people. The facility is privately owned, so not beholden to corporate rules/regulations, which allows them to ensure they put their residents, first. This one is on my short list.

[email protected] [email protected]

Excellent! Very happy to hear that you were impressed by The Lorelton. Give us a call anytime and let us know what we can do to help.

Enjoyed My Tour

I toured this community for my mother. It was a nice tour, this is a lovely community. They staff was very informative and answered my questions. From what I saw the community is well maintained. I really enjoyed my tour, but it just wasn't the place for my mother.

[email protected] [email protected]

I'm very sorry to hear we weren't a good fit for mom. Is there anything we can do to change that? We've got the greatest residents here at The Lorelton. Would you like to bring mom back for happy/social hour sometime? Maybe making some friends and asking questions would help?

Great New Home

After two weeks at the Lorelton my 95 year old mother is settled in thanks to the home-like environment, very professional staff and multiple choice daily activities. Her individual needs are assessed and attended to on a daily basis. I have no problem communicating with staff in person, email, or phone with a very quick response.

Activities are varied and interactive. I could not be happier with this "new home" where I know my mom is safe and has many opportunities to socialize and maximize the quality of her life.

[email protected] [email protected]

Thank you Beth! We are so happy you are happy to have you as part of The Lorelton Family!

Review of The Lorelton - Wilmington, De

1. Friendly Staff
2. Good activities - exercise etc
3. Great field trips!!!
4. Food is better than average
5. Facilities - public areas and activity areas - are clean and well maintained
6. Apartments are reasonably maintained
Overall, this is the best facility I have been to - in 2 different states!!

[email protected] [email protected]

Thank you David! What a wonderful review!

Review of The Lorelton - Wilmington, DE

My mom was very happy here. She quickly made friends, had a warm and sunny apartment, and received medical attention when necessary. We were both sad when she had to move to a nursing home because she truly enjoyed her time at the Lorelton. Lots of activities and good food are among many things that helped her feel at home.

Review of The Lorelton in Wilmington, DE

Moved mom into the Lorelton about three months ago. The community is everything they said it would be and more. Great staff, lots of activities and top notch care! I highly recommend the Lorelton! We couldn't be happier.

That's wonderful!

Review of Lorelton in Wilmington, DE

Near my church and family. Familiar with this area for 60 years. Very happy here, all staff are very helpful and courteous.

Things are going fine here and so far I do not have any complaints.

Review for The Lorelton - Wilmington, DE

Great place. No problems.

Excellent Rehab

Excellent rehab. Very good nursing.

Nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

[email protected] [email protected]

If things don't work out where you decided to place your loved one, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Overall a very nice place!

Overall I think they do a very good job at Lorelton! In terms of the accommodations, activities, and staff I would have to give them a 5! However, the care services they offer are not very comprehensive, you still have to take care of a lot of things like doctor visits yourself. But what they DO provide here is all very nice. The apartments are clean, nice looking, and a good size. The people here are active and social, and seem to keep themselves busy. They also have a very good meal service, and family members are welcome to join the resident for a small fee. Overall it is a very nice not-for-profit senior commuity, I would recommend them!

[email protected] [email protected]

Hi, I wanted to respond to your review. The Lorelton does provide transportation to doctors and we also have in house doctors who visit. We have geriatric doctors, nurse practitioners and podiatrists who care for our residents.

Lorelton is great

My mom started having falls, was in and out of hospitals, then acute rehab, sub-acute, and then we decided to pursue Assisted Living. The advisor from a Place for Mom recommended a bunch of places and I ended up touring a couple in the Philadelphia area and 4 in the Wilmington area. The Lorelton was by far the nicest of anything I've seen then or since. Beautiful facility (old remodeled school), great rooms with lots of light and space and easy to navigate. Large very nice dining room, library, activities rooms and art room, and all very clean. The staff was also very nice and seemed to genuinely care about the residents. Lastly, the director and head of nursing were extremely helpful in getting paperwork completed for Mom's transfer to the Lorelton, and again later when we decided she needed a higher level of care at a nursing home. The individual care charges can add up and it is more costly than other options. Still, I highly recommend the Lorelton to anyone looking at assisted living in the area.

[email protected] [email protected]

Thank you for your very kind words. :) We definitely try to do our best each and every day here at The Lorelton!

Good Surprise

I have to say that I was happy beyond what I expected. Proven to be a good surprise and they learned very quickly to know my mom and mine names. Couple times try to clarify takes a little more time but they do respond.

Lovely facility! We were looking for independent living. Definitely city type setting and no cottages. Very old building, but well maintained. Decent security. Good activities for the residents. Amazing double high windows and sills made each room like a luxury vintage space. Residents and staff were very friendly and Mom felt very comfortable. Pricing was based on square footage and for a reasonable size space, it was at least $4000/month. That did include 1 meal per day. They had 1 lovely outdoor space, but nothing covered from either the sun or bad weather. Overall, the facility was really fabulous! Just wish there was more outside space for fresh air.

[email protected] [email protected]

Our courtyard area was being redecorated. We have all new cushions and umbrellas for shade! Come back and see us anytime. Very happy you liked the facility. :)

I loved the brightness of the rooms, ...

I loved the brightness of the rooms, availability of washer and dryer in room, and the garden were some of my favorites. I also liked the idea of helping to encourage the residence to get out of bed by making it. Another selling point was the way care pricing was figured out individually.

Went for a tour. Very nice. Got a lo...

Went for a tour. Very nice. Got a lot of information.