Foulk Manor South - Wilmington, DE

As one of the friendliest retirement communities in North Wilmington, Foulk Manor South is located just minutes from Concord Pike, Route 202 and Interstate 95, and sits amidst the history and fine traditions of the Brandywine Hundred community.

Our residents and their families appreciate and enjoy our delicious meals, excellent care and inviting atmosphere. We are best known for our smaller homelike and intimate setting. Festive patios and gardens adorn the community.

Recreation and creative activities are a passion at Foulk Manor South. Our residents enjoy frequent trips, happy hours, socials, clubs, gardening and upbeat exercise programs.

We pride ourselves in our long-standing reputation for striving to provide excellent care in our assisted living, Alzheimer's and Intermediate nursing neighborhoods.

Call in today to set up a tour and hear about special promotions offered exclusively to A Place For Mom families.

I met with [Removed] regarding the different options available for my wife's parents for their care. It took only a short time, but in that time I was totally convinced that we were making the right decision for their care..[Removed] made a difficult time very easy for us. My wife and I thank her and everyone we met along the way at Foulk Manor South. The attitude of the staff always stems from the leadership and it is obvious from the moment you step in. This is one well run, thoughtful and happy place. [Removed]

Things are going ok

The food is good and the community is kept clean. The staff are ok, however sometimes it is hard to reach someone by phone. The administrator is great and worked with us. I feel comfortable going to the administrators with any concerns I may have. We were able to decorate mom's room to her liking. They are working with hospice and so far it has been an ok experience.

Enjoyable Environment!!

After my experience of a tour at this community I would defiantly recommend it to anyone. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I thought they where very knowledgeable and had a lot of organization in how they ran the facility. Overall great place just was not the right fit for my mother.

Professional Staff!!

The staff at this community where very friendly and helped my loved one make a smooth transition into this facility as best as they could. She really enjoys the meals they offer as well as the dinning experience with the other women who live there. They have a great activity program and even offer to take them to the grocery store and other errands if need be.

Went With the North Side

I had a tour of the south side of this community. I thought it was a good tour and I everything looked nice. This was just not the area that was needed, we are in the north side of the community.

I really liked this community. However they do not have an open room in nursing care and so my mother would have to move to the "gardens" until a room opens in nursing care unit.

I Didn't Like It

When I had my tour, the residents looked drugged and were in wheelchairs. It looked really bad and I was glad to be done with the tour. However, it did look clean but I did not want to put my loved one here.

Five Star Reviews

Foulk Manor South cares for a wide variety of residents with multiple diagnoses and clinical issues which require advanced clinical care. We take pride in the care we deliver to our residents on a daily basis, I would like to invite you back to tour and discuss issues open and honestly with me so I may understand your concerns. Please contact me directly at [removed]. Thank you, Mike Salitsky, Executive Director.

My Tour Went Well

I toured this facility for my father. It was a pleasant tour. The community looks nice and well maintained. The staff was kind and friendly. There are nice activities and good food offered. Overall my tour went well.

Toured

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. While the facility was generally clean and well kept, it wasn't somewhere I would have been comfortable placing my loved one. The apartments were very small, and the whole place just had a depressing feel. The the residents were not active, and generally just seemed to be sitting around in their pajamas.

Five Star Reviews

I would like to apologize for your recent experience at Foulk Manor South. As the Executive Director of this community, I take great pride in our quality of service, hospitality, and engagement our residents with our outstanding Lifestyle360 program. We recognize that we may have moments of imperfection, and appreciate your feedback so we can find ways to strive to do better. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to have you visit us again and have a to better experience at Foulk Manor South. I look forward to hearing from you or seeing you soon! Sincerely, Mike Salitsky, Executive Director.

My sisters and I recently looked at Foulk Manor South and I have to say the staff there are extremely caring and really took the time to meet with us on short notice. We have been searching for a place for our father to live and after touring a few places in the area, we feel Foulk Manor South would be the best place. The outdoor courtyard is beautiful and they have walking paths with park benches. We like the homelike feel and there are many male residents we feel our father will become friends with. During our tour, we had the pleasure of meeting a few residents and everyone seems really nice.

Older facility, staff seem ok, fair location, and rooms, but nothing to make me consider their facility for my mother. Looking for nicer amenaties, and activities.

They had too much of a nursing home feel.

They had too much of a nursing home feel. We didn't feel like she would get the care she needed. I wouldn't say the place was dirty, it was clean, but it just didn't seem as bright as some of the others we saw. Though they were friendly.

They don't nickle and dime you to death.

It's been pretty good for the most part. There has been kind of an issue as to being diagnosed with dementia and when I toured they thought she would be a candidate for assisted living but the staff seems to be having a difficult time with that.
They don't nickle and dime you to death, I only pay extra for landry and hairdresser and I would expect to pay extra for those things. Everything is included cable and meals, snacks everything. Mom is not very cooperative and when she asks them to leave the room they do and they need to push a little more with her and they are working on that. They have a lot of activities to do plenty of things. They have an activites candar with happy hour or music or trips to the library that type of thing. It is smaller and more intimate, they had empty rooms but they weren't desperate and trying to grab anybody they could and they were very accommodating. Communication between staff and us is the only area where they could improve.

OVERALL GREAT FACILITY

What makes FMS great is Mom loves. The staff is generally receptive to what needs to be done. The small number of residents in assisted living is a big benefit.

Mom's daily experience

We are happy with the care Mom is getting. Friendly staff along with great health care aides and nurses. She seems very happy and comfortable. A feeling of home.

Loved their approach and ph...

Loved their approach and philosophy, memory support unit was an uninspiring white hallway. Access to an enclosed garden and community room.

Talked with recruiter. Seems nice

Talked with recruiter. Seems nice

Foulk Manor South was very nice, clea...

Foulk Manor South was very nice, clean and friendly. Suites were awesome. Residents all looked clean and well dressed. the Director knew everyone by name. Total of suites is 26? I like that the place is intimate and not too big.