Brookdale Hockessin - Hockessin, DE

[name removed] really did us well! My mother and I toured the facility and were really impressed - especially when they told us my mom's dog could come with her for her spate of respite care. If her stay is as good as our tour, we'll be incredibly happy.

home sweet home

everyone was so helpful and friendly the care and services are all excellent you get great value for the cost,

home sweet home

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about how the tour went for my loved one at this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. They had a nice open floor plan with nice amenities available to all of the residents. Overall I was pleased with our experience it was just not the right location for mom in the end decision.

Very nice and clean facility. A couple items - there is just 1 standard room size and no kitchen facility and second the bathrooms are small and dated with no storage space.

Very nice. Exec director took us around. Excellent facility just not a good fit for mom

Great Community

I toured this community in a hurry for my sister. [Removed], the sales manager helped with this process and made it easy for me. We came in for a tour and was able to get the assessment completed there for my sister same day even last minute. The nurse doing the assessment was very helpful also. During the tour we met different staff members that greeted us. So far my sister has been there for almost a month now and she loves it. She likes the activities and the birds in the front lobby. She likes the food! I would definitely recommend this community to others

Nice facility with friendly, accessible staff.

Nice Community

Overall Brookdale Hockessin is a nice community. The Community is pretty clean, staff is extremely nice. Different activities for the residents to enjoy. Take good care of the residents. Food is pretty good as well. I give it a 4/5.

Brookdale - Hockessin

Our timeline was very limiting, and we had our feet to the fire to get dad placed quickly and Renee' at Brookdale made that happen. We were surprised at the number of care services that we would need to pay for in addition to the resident fee, based on their nurse's evaluation. There are plenty of activities and each time I visit I notice the same residence are participating. So far my Dad has not joined in the "reindeer games", and I am hoping (& have requested) that they will try to draw him in, since he is no longer a joiner. Hope that explains my less then perfect "scores".

not too happy

I am not too happy with some things at Brookdale Hockessin. I am being charged for some thing that I am not receiving. I am having a hard time with aids at this facility. The staff here assessed mom as being able to be in assisted living, but once they got her in they decided this is not the place for her. It is an adjustment, they accepted her in, they should keep her for a while. I told them everything upfront. I am hoping to keep her here a while longer and maybe she will settle down. I am just not happy with the way they have handled things here.

In the beginning there was a lack of communication between everyone that was involved in my husband's care but once that was straightened out things appear to be running a lot smoother now. Everyone is very helpful & caring towards my husband. I feel that he is in good hands with the nursing staff there & they will call me if there is a problem no matter what time it is & we will discuss his care.

Friendly and caring staff, excellent food,large resident room.

Good size rooms and reasonably priced

There are several reasons we chose Windsor Place for our loved one. First would be the location, then the size of the facility it's not big but it is comfortable. They have nice size rooms for the residents and the cost is reasonable. The appearance of the building itself is also very nice. We toured about three or four other facilities but chose Windsor Place for the reasons listed above. We would recommend Windsor Place to others who are looking.

Windsor Place provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Windsor Place we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.