Brandywine Living at Longwood - Kennett Square, PA

Brandywine Living at Longwood - Kennett Square, PA has yet not published prices.

Best decision we ever made

My mother in law had a life changing event about a year ago. She moved here from out of state and was living with us for a while and it was difficult for her. We looked at several places and decided on Brandywine Living. It was the best decision we ever made!

The place is first class, welcoming and clean with a very friendly and caring staff. They have great food, have laundry services and lots of activities for the mind, body and spirit. She is happier than she has been in years! My sister in law said it's like she's on a permanent cruise vacation! And the best part, since she's happy, we're happy.

We appreciate this place more than we can say.

My mother's extended family...Brandywine!

My mother went to Brandywine at Longwood 3 years ago and we didn't think she would be with us beyond 3 months because her health was so fragile. The staff is excellent and so attentive to the residents. My mother loves her caregivers and has a smile on her face every time we visit. The community is beautiful and very clean. My mother is in the secured memory care unit which is like another family for her. They all eat together and participate in activities together. The Reflections nurse is so caring and accessible. She communicates with my siblings and I promptly whenever we reach out to her. We know my mother is in excellent hands! I would highly recommend Brandywine for their Assisted Living and their Memory Care.

Not what we expected at all...

My father spent a few months in the memory unit at Brandywine before we had to move him to a more suitable home. Though the grounds and the buildings/rooms are very nice, the care is lacking. There were times they wouldn't make sure my father took his meds that were prescribed by his doctor. That is just totally unacceptable. I think the assisted living section is probably great, however I don't think they are equipped and able to handle the memory unit and the additional care the people need in the unit.

Michelle Rauh

Hi Kim,

Thank you for your review. We are disheartened to read your words and would like to encourage you to call us so we can evaluate the situation and circumstances surrounding your description of events regarding your father. At Brandywine all medications are administered by a nurse, not a med-tech, and we take it very seriously if proper protocols are not followed. Caring for seniors is great responsibility that we do not take lightly. Please call us at your convenience at [removed] and ask to speak with a member of our community relations team . We look forward to talking with you.

A Special Place at a Special Time of Life

Brandywine Senior Living Longwood welcomed my mother two years ago and has provided consistent compassionate support at this special time of her life. No one wants to be in this chapter of their life, and no one would write this as a storybook ending for a loved one, yet the reality is our parents will age, and not all can live independently until the last day. My mother was frightened, confused, lonely and unhappy living in her home far away. The family made the hard choice to find a new care plan to not only bring mom the supports she needed, but also to ease our daily worries about her well being. The Brandywine staff took time to explain all aspects of the transition process and they have remained attentive to my family. My mother is respected here, as is each Resident. My mother attends amazing activities, enjoys interesting field trips, looks forward to festive holiday parties, and has made many new friends. Her quality of life has improved significantly, despite her declining capacities associated with dementia. No other facility offered such special care. Brandywine Senior Living Longwood delivers excellence each day to every resident. My mother is thriving and she is safe. I feel grateful for their outstanding services.

Brandywine Senior Living at Longwood stands out!

My mother has been at Brandywine Senior Living at Longwood for two and a half years and has benefited greatly from her experience there. When she first arrived at Brandywine, she was very thin due to a significantly reduced appetite. She has flourished at Brandywine, eating well, exercising and socializing to her heart’s content. The entire family is very pleased with her environment, the facilities are immaculate, the meals are delicious, and the staff is caring and committed. When researching and visiting assisted living facilities in the area for a new home for our mother, the family found many good and even excellent facilities. We chose Brandywine because it stood out!

Parents needed help quickly

I had toured the facility months earlier as a possible location for my parents and liked the facility. Due to a medical emergency we were required to move my mother here first and then my father after hospitalization and rehab. The administration and staff have been extremely helpful during this transition. They are both settled in comfortably and have adjusted to their new living situation. I have no hesitation recommending Brandywine Senior Living at Longwood.

Best personal care living within a 25-mile radius of my home.

A little expensive but they don't nickel and dime for things that other places charge for like transportation, cable TV and phone. Other places looked more institutional. I liken this place to a cruise ship that never docks at a port. Your senior loved ones can enjoy a lovely lifestyle here.

They are really accommodating, and they are always welcoming and nice.

It's very clean, and they are very friendly. It is just too expensive, I got quoted one price and the price has since gone up. When you run out of money they have to move. I feel like I don't have a hands on with the administrative staff. Figuring out who to talk to for different issues. They are really accommodating, and they are always welcoming and nice. They are very patient. The food is really, really superior to a lot of the places I have been to. They are always doing activities, but there could be a little more variety.

Brandywine Senior Living at Longwood

This has been a terrific place for my father who was tentative, scared and hesitant about assisted living. He really likes the place and now considers it home!! The other day he told my husband he was 'homesick' and he meant for Brandywine not Phoenix!!

This is amazing to us. The staff are wonderful and really knew how to respond to him. He can be quite the handful!

Good Community

These communities are all expensive but you also get what you pay for. I know our loved one is safe and is being taken care of. I would like to see better communication between the community and the family. If you ask a question they will answer it after you find the right person. Ensure that you double check your bill and ensure is the same as they have in their office. Everything has been fine and we have been pleased. They have been very accommodating. Overall it is a good community that takes care of its residents.

Good location.

Good location.

Liked all of the common areas, seemed...

Liked all of the common areas, seemed very clean. Assisted living apts. seem small but nice. Did not like that they don't have Wifi b/c my mom loves her computer. Not so big on assigned seating all of the time; food was average but service seemed good. I worry that some of the staff are not even LPNs; many are CPAs or only go through Brandywine's training. Liked that they have 24/7 nurse on-site and can do sliding scale insulin. would prefer a place that has skilled nursing on-site. Liked the 92 degree salt water pool (but a little small) and all of the activities; liked the Memory care area and courtyard. About 22 residents in memory care; all beds full. I think 40-some in Assisted Living. About 5-6 couples. Did have a small fitness center that he could use, but I think w/ supervision. LOVED that all residents are Longwood Gardens members, and they have transportation there 3X/week. Loved the front family room and porch area; loved the colorful aquarium. Liked the country kitchen area w/ access to snacks.

The home is lovely. I was very please...

The home is lovely. I was very pleased with it. They take VA benefits and that was helpful to hear.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Longwood is scenically situated in Kennett Square, in the heart of the Brandywine Valley of Pennsylvania, approximately one mile south of the renowned Longwood Gardens, the Vineyards of Chester County, and The Mushroom Farms for which Kennett Square is famous.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
For pure fun, our residents enjoy Longwood’s indoor pool, Movie Theater, Tap Room or Sunday tea parties. In fact, Longwood offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And, of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that at Longwood, as with all Brandywine communities, our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards is apparent in all we do. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, Relax…we’re here.