Millcroft - Newark, DE

Horrible met with Exec Director who didn't really give us the time of day. Acted like we were wasting her time. We talked in her office and never got a facility tour. Would NOT ever consider placing anyone there

Five Star Reviews

As the Executive Director at Millcroft, I can assure you that it is my intent to exceed the expectations of our residents, families and, most certainly, our guests. I apologize that this was not your experience. I take pride in the quality care and comfort we provide and for the many happy residents and families we serve at Millcroft. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your specific circumstances and what resources may be available to you here or elsewhere. Thank you for your consideration.

A Good Choice

My father has been in Millcroft Assited Living for several months now and I have found it to be a wonderful facility. The sales counselor made my Dad feel very comfortable during the initial interviewing and evaluation process. He understood my Father's anxiety about leaving his home and was very sensitive to that. The nursing staff is the best! The head nurse wasted no time addressing my Dad's many health issues. Her goal was to get him healthier and his health has improved greatly since he has been there. He is on a better diet, getting more exercise than at home, and in a community like this, there is always someone to talk to.
Millcroft has such a patient and caring staff. I am so thankful for them and thankful for the peace of mind I have every day knowing he is in their care.

Wonderful Place!

Millcroft Independent Living is a wonderful place! My father-in-law is settled in there and likes it very much. We've been very impressed with the staff and the way they look out for residents. It's a lovely facility, with plenty of activities and events for residents.

My only minor complaint is with the food - I ate there several times with my father-in-law and was disappointed by the lack of fruits and vegetables in the meals.

Other than that, we have been more than pleased.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your feedback about your visit to our community. We regret that your dining experience was unsatisfactory. We strive to exceed expectations every day in the dining experience and one of the ways to do that is with helpful feedback. We hope that you choose to re-visit us in the future but, in the meantime, thank you for helping us to improve our customer service with your comments. Warm Regards, Adrienne Indellini, Executive Director.

Called for information, but got the rude phone call back.

I called several times to get information about this senior living community, the front desk person was friendly, but she kept apologizing for not finding anyone to give me information. I finally ended up the voice mail of the executive director, even though the voice was the same as the front desk person. Left my name and number and was interested in getting some information. It took this woman, three days to call me back, she apologized for not getting back to me earlier, I have been on her to do list to call for the last two days. Needless to say she wasn't able to help me, she said she was the executive director, she didn't have that information. She asked me permission to be put on hold, but I heard her put the phone down, but I was not on hold and I could hear everything. She was talking to another person, talking about she can't be bother with these information phone calls. I put her on my speaker phone at work, she was talking about patients, how she needs to go out for a liquid lunch and that as soon as she gets off the phone with this birch "me". She put on this sweet voice and said that she is about to run out for a meeting, but she was going to transfer my call to the salesperson. I hung up.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to our community. Five Star Senior Living prides itself by putting people first and ensuring excellent customer service by phone or in person – both being of the utmost importance. Your feedback is extremely helpful as it allows us to further educate our team members. We hope that you choose to call us again in the future but, in the meantime, thank you for helping us to improve our customer service with your comments. Warm Regards, Adrienne Indellini, Executive Director.

millcroft therapy home should not be rated 5 star, more like half of a star.

Very disappointing visit at Millcroft, we had a scheduled tour with the admission manager named Mary Cable, but when we came for our visit, she left for the day. The front desk person was great named Helen. She called down to the Mary's office and then the nursing floors to find her, a nurse came to front area and let us know she left about a hour ago. I just spoke to her on the phone twice to confirm the time. My Mom was at the hospital with a broken hip, an attending physician recommend Millcroft. The doctor talked about the therapy department now that Kristen took over, so with a doctor telling us that and we saw that you are rated 5 stars from medicare. We got a brief tour or should I say rushed tour, there would be no way that Medicare gave this place 5 stars, maybe they got confused that the company that owns them is called 5 star senior living. There was a total of 15 call bells going off at once, or should I say, I saw 15 different rooms needing help on a electronic message board placed around the hallways. The hallways had a strong or for of per, the nursing staff - the ones giving help to the patients, where disrespectful with them. They where talking about how nasty each patient's crotch smelled like......fish, yeast and varies of other names can't put in this review. Did find out from the nursing staff member who was touring us, revived that the therapy department manager that the doctor recommended was either leaving or has left millcroft. I would not recommend this therapy and nursing home, if you go to millcroft, try to get them to give you a tour of the second floor, the nurse touring us, said that is NOT part of the tour, what are they hiding on the second floor. We also didn't get a brochure, the touring nurse took us out a different door then when we first came in. Mom is now at a truly nice therapy and nursing home.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your feedback about your recent visit to our community. Five Star Senior Living care standards for our residents is our number one priority. Your feedback is extremely helpful as it allows us to further educate our team members. We hope that you choose to re-visit us in the future but, in the meantime, thank you for helping us to improve our customer service with your comments.

We live here at Millcroft, a lot of changes, not good for us or Millcroft.

I live here at Millcroft, what a difference a year makes. I have been very, very disappointed with Millcroft, especially the way that the upper management has been running this place. We get the great promises from Wendy, some Region Big Boss about fixing the broken down bus that has been according to most of my friends who have lived here longer then me, over 3 years. The bus has rust holes, that you can see the road as you sit in your seat. We can't go more then 15 miles from here, because Wendy is afraid the bus will break down. Some of us spend about 4 to 7 grand a month here and Wendy says it's not in the budget to get a used working or a new bus, according to our activities person, the bus is almost 30 years old. The food is ok, as long as the Dining Room Director doesn't spend over 3 dollars a day on our food. She talks loud and often about it, so our 4 to 7 thousand dollars, only 150 dollars a month is food. Millcroft has been pushing this new celebrity chef down our throat, we are all in agreement that we like Chef Tim and Dave's food better. We have this exercise room that we are suppose to get a lesson or two on how to use it, the activities person wants nothing to do with it and Mary tells us to talk to the Rehab leader, who wants to charge us a dollar a minute to show us, ok, that's another 60 dollars with the food cost of 150, but the exercise directions is not included. Millcroft has a new executive director mrs Duca, she never keeps her word, unless it's "I am sorry", I never got back to you. We have many, many long term management employees, either forced to resign or she had fired them since August of this year. My friends and I are tired of the " I am sorry" excuse from Wendy and mrs. Duca. My friends and I talk on about this everyday, we should be enjoying life and not worried what the upper management of the five star company decisions. We realize that my fellow friends and I don't have 7 of the management team, before mrs. Duca came here. As soon as the new place opens up the road, summit senior living, there has to be at least 20 of is going their, I better their bus works and they spend more then 3 dollars a day on 3 meals for each of us.

High Prices, Dark Community, No Personality Employees and Not lately Place for my parents

My Sister and I toured the Assisted Living facility with the nursing home director. This Assisted Living was very dark facility, the charge nurse we where introduced to, very hard to understand, can't imagine how my parent's would understand that nurse. She was speaking so fast and very aggressive about assessing my parent's. During the tour there wasn't any patients around, we asked the director touring us, she said a lot of patients are not very social. RED FLAG!!!! When we got the brochure for millcroft, there was no way that we could afford $258 for the first patient, $49 for the second person, that's over $ 9 Grand, NOT including "levels of care", that could run another $500 to $2700 a month. Total of $9500 to $11700. We looked at windsor place and gardens at white chapel, where half as much, much nicer facility, plus they both haves nurses that we felt more comfortable with and according to the the people touring us, they have nursing coverage 24 hours a day, compared to collecting, plus the patients looked very engaged in activities. We did look at the prices at Millbrook nursing home at Millbrook, the prices where lower then their assisted living.

Five Star Reviews

I am very sorry to hear about your experience during your recent tour here. That is certainly not the norm for us but I do understand how important first impressions can be. I know that we cannot change your experience but I would like to offer some information that you may find useful as you are making a very important decision. Milcroft Assisted Living recently received recognition Excellence in Action recognition for our customer satisfaction and high level of service excellence. We are the only community in Delaware who received this award. While we are quite honored to receive this, we never want any person to have a bad tour experience. I do value the feedback that you have provided and we as a community are committed to provide exceptional experiences at all levels. I will certainly share your information with our team as we also strive for excellence. Thank you again and best regards in the future.

Kathleen H. Duca
Executive Director

Aunt seemed content.

My aunt lived here and she seemed content in the assisted living. They offered a higher level of care if needed so that if one person needed to have more care they could still be together.

Five Star Reviews

Thank you very much for your positive comments. Our employees work hard each day to provide quality care and services and your comment is a testimony to their work.

Geoffrey L. Henry, NHA, Executive Director

They don't provide a cottage or manor...

They don't provide a cottage or manor house there. But, the location is closer us that can be considered for an assisting care living in the future.

brief tour; nice but seemed cramped a...

brief tour; nice but seemed cramped and had small hallways. lots of friendly people

Established for over 30 years in Newark, Millcroft is truly the cornerstone of senior living. With our independent living, assisted living, and skilled and intermediate nursing rehabilitation, Millcroft is set apart from others by its in-house therapy service, full service rental retirement community, and wonderful location near downtown Newark and Christiana Health Care system.
_________________________________________

From Our Residents & Families...

I am sure we all have heard the word PERFECT. Well it was just that at Millcroft on Wednesday September 12th. We, the residents and patients were invited to a 30th anniversary celebration along with our invited quests. The preparation for the event was out of this world. Everything was done with such thought and hard work.

-Justa Olivere

Thank you so much for the loving care, support, and friendship that you showed my parents, Charles and Mary Young over the four years they were in assisted living. You showed such dedication to their well being and making them feel at “home”.

-Virginia

I just wanted to write and express the thanks of our family for your care of my mother, Cecilia Poleck... I especially wanted to thank you for your kindness and generosity in letting Mom stay in a private room these past two years. It was very much appreciated by all of us.

I have recommended Millcroft to others and will continue to do so.

-Tina Vall and Family