Windchime of Chico - Chico, CA has yet not published prices.

Care and attention

This community is not what I wanted for my husband's care. The community did not have access to water. The staff did not make sure that he was not giving him the care that i needed. The community was clean and the activiites were offered to him. I would recommend this community, but they need to just residents . Over all this is a nice community and I would recommend the community to other families for good care .

The staff at Windchime has been very helpful and responsive to individual needs of my brother. They made him feel welcome and his transition to assisted living was much easier than expected due to the help of the staff. I feel that my brother is in a safe place and is well taken care of while he deals with his memory issues.

Everything is Great

My mom is happy here and likes the staff and they love her a lot. I selected this community because it was available and closer to my home. I feel they could do a little better at cleaning, it seems that not much is done. They accommodate her meals with moist food and mom says it's good. The staff bring meals to her room sometimes and ice cream at night. They are on top of her medication too. She has made a lot of friends and she likes getting her hair done from the stylist.

We love Windchime!!

The staff are responsive and take good care of the residents. They offer daily activities. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. The community is clean and I would recommend it.

Very nice patio areas,clean grounds,spacious residential rooms and a private bathroom. Well staffed, I seen employees everywhere I went. I snuck in prior to my appt. and spoke with several residents with regards to the care they recieved, the food, group activities and overall satification with the facility. They all were pleased very pleased their stay at Windchime.

We Were Happy

As far as I know the staff seemed to be very nice and attentive to my mom's needs. Everything went well at this community. It seemed to be a clean place. We were happy with the respite stay and they were able to give us a better price than other communities.

Needs Improvement

One thing I will say about this community is that they are trying to improve things! My husbands health has gone down hill since being here at this community. The caregivers work really hard, but I feel the resident ratio to staff isn't good, there are many times they are under staffed in there memory care unit. I have noticed activities written on the board, but I never see anything going on. Their responsive time needs to improve. Until there are improvements made, I would have to think twice before I would recommend this community.

Top notch facility!

Basically I chose this facility is because there was linen, wood banisters, top notch stuff...snooty enough for my mom, who is quiet the princess :) I like that the bathroms were large and handicap accessible. I also liked that I didn't have to bring in a lot of furniture- they provided a good amount. They staff was really helpful and so friendly!

Better for Higher Functioning People

Windchime was okay but you know how you just get a feeling sometimes about a place? This place was okay but I just like another place better. It may have been because of the stage my mother was in. Some of these places are for people who are higher functioning and still able to be involved with activities and things like that. Windchime seemed like this - good for people who still can do some functioning. My mom is just at a point where she can't.

They Really Look Out for My Mom!

The value is a little bit subjective. Mom does need a level of care and it's kind of hard to gauge the value but I think that the scale that Windchime is charging is fair for what is offered. All in all I think that Windchime is a very good value. It is set up in such a fashion that there is just a set dollar amount placed on it and it's all inclusive. There is no nit-picking about charging if you need a bandaid or you need your meal taken up to your room. This happens to work really well for my mom. There are no hidden charges and the care is fantastic.

It's similar to a hotel with a drive up area and there is a drop off area that is covered so it's out of the elements.

This is a good facility, flat out. They are good people all the way around. The directory there is incredible, she really is. They care about what they do and that makes a difference. The marketing director said to me, "I don't mind where your mom ends up, just get her out of Arizona. It doesn't seem like she's good situation and we don't want to see her in a bad place whether we get the contract or not." I thought that was huge. They genuinely care.

Large Community, Really Nice

We really liked this one. Athina, the head person who shows you around, really let us see all the rooms. It was a two story building. My sister, who is a retired social worker, said that was just too much navigating for Helen. Athina really worked to find us a room that would make Helen's world smaller and more manageable there in the end we just felt it was too large.

A very nice room with a vie...

A very nice room with a view and close to dining area and living area. Decided it was just a bit too large and maybe overwhelming for her, but it was a close second for me.

Bright and Open

Windchime is a very nice and clean community. The staff was really friendly and they offered a lot of activities. It really would have been a very good choice for our situation but it was not within the area we were looking for. We wanted something closer to Paradise. The community is very bright and open which makes it very warm and welcoming. Overall it was a very good community it was just out of the area.

Windchime is a 94 bed Assisted Living and Dementia Care Community located on the shores of California Park Lake in Chico, CA. Our residents enjoy a variety of activities that cater to their interests and first class meals. Our dedicated staff of nurses, medication technicians, and care givers are here to give your loved one the finest care available.

The family is an important part of this process, so we make sure family members are informed and included every step of the way. We look forward to showing you the difference we can make.