Roseleaf Gardens Memory Care - Chico, CA

Nice tour but they were not aware that I was coming

I liked the gated grounds they were well kept. The living quarters was adequate, clean and no funny smells lingering about. I did smell a several patients who needed their diapers to be changed prior to sitting down to lunch.

The worst of Chico

The owner [ARemoved], is a horrible person who only cares for herself and not the well-being of the patients. The facilities are worn down and not taken care of. The staff are unmotivated due to the careless management. If you care for your parent, due not allow them to reside in such a horrible place.

Florie Kuperman

As a board member and officer of FDM Community Services, Inc., I would like to take a moment to respond to the comment posted by Chad. First, I would like to be clear about the fact that I have never previously spoken with Chad, through any medium, and that, to my knowledge, no one of that name has toured any of our locations. Our organization takes offense to the description he has provided. I wonder how someone whom I have never directly met, nor who, to my knowledge, has spent any time in our facilities, feels it is appropriate to make such negative comments, and attack a member of our team personally in such a manner. Our company has served our elders for over 20 years, and has always attempted to do what was in the best interest of our residents and our community. I believe our facilities are in an excellent state of repair, and we make a point of taking care of identified maintenance issues as they arise. Further, in my role as a board member and officer, I try to remain involved in the life of our communities, and stay aware of what happens within them, so the accusation that we exercise careless management is yet another unfounded and reckless statement to make. Likewise, in general, we have long tenured staff across our programs, and always do our best to provide a fair, comfortable, and supportive work environment. In closing, I would like to say that Chad's comments are, at best, misguided, inaccurate, and unfounded and, at worst, are slanderous and defamatory.

It smelled like urine and the workers were on their phones while one lady was asking for help and another gentleman was walking around with wet pants. It was very sad to see the lack of care. There were a couple workers that were paying attention but the majority seemed like young adults who had no empathy for anyone and just kept playing around on thier phones. Not a place I would want one of my loved ones to be at. The owners were very nice and seemed to know what to say to appear to have the best interest in mind but seeing how the staff was acting and how unclean the place looked and smelled they don't seem to actually care as much as they say they do.

Active facility with can-do attitude.

This is a wonderful active facility with excellent activities. They are dedicated to making the facility fit the individual rather than otherwise. If there is a problem they work to address it. They do not give up on a resident and simply dismiss them as some other facilities may. There are great activities and the staff are very welcoming of family and friends.

i would not recommend because it is costly it leaves the other person paying for high cost it is a very clean facility i rated the property a 5 star rating i all so rated the cleanliness a 5 star rating as well i gave the care services a 5 star rating and i all so gave the activities a 3