Roseleaf Oroville at Larkspur Lodge - Oroville, CA

I have the best experience with this facility. My dad lives at the Lodge for 3 years noe until the new company took over, it is now Roseleaf. The caregivers are very helpful and kind. Management is very professional and supportive about my dad's condition. They are very friendly. The only problem is, they don't have much activities going on and I hope they can do something about it. They need to change the front porch needs to be painted. Overall, I recommend this facility.

My Thought Of The Tour!

This community had more of a hospital feeling. This is for skilled nursing and it was not the right place for us. The people I met were nice and the community was clean.

Good experience

Our father was a resident of the Lodge for four years.
After an adjustment period, he thought of the Lodge as his home and the staff as part of his family.
His room was always clean and tidy.
There were always activities to keep him occupied and happy.
The food was fabulous and he enjoyed every meal.
The most impressive feature about Larkspur Lodge is the staff.
They are the most caring people my wife and I have ever encountered. They took a sincere interest in our father
and treated him with the utmost dignity and respect.
Our father was very comfortable and happy in the last
four years of his life.
He enjoyed every moment that he spent at Larkspur Lodge.

Horrible!!

There is honestly nothing nice that I have to say about this facility. Although they do their best to put on a smile, the staff here either don't realize, or just don't care, that there is always someone around the corner. The care staff are rude, inconsiderate and inappropriate. I don't think they even realize what they are supposed to be doing. They are supposed to be there to provide support and care to our loved ones, but all it is to them is a paycheck. There is no "care" in the caregivers at Larkspur Lodge. I have personally heard a "caregiver" bragging to another "caregiver" about refusing to take one of the more difficult residents to the restroom because she had already taken her, so she was making this resident wait until last rounds, which was 3 hours away!! I have witnessed another "caregiver" screaming and cursing at other employees in a common area of the facility during mealtime while all the residents should have been able to enjoy their meal. This rightfully should have gotten that employee fired, but she is still employed there, which leads me to believe that no disciplinary action was taken. Most of the staff is just plain lazy and only does the bare minimum to get through the day. [removed] The floor supervisors are a complete joke! I would NEVER recommend Larkspur Lodge to ANYBODY!!! If you actually care about the person that you are trying to find a home for, do not even consider Larkspur Lodge!

Room for Improvement

This facility used to be fantastic but both quality and value have declined. As of June 2016 the home is under new ownership so maybe things will improve in time.
There are now several pot holes in the main entrance so use caution when entering. The landscaping has not been well maintained especially in the rear and the overall appearance has dramatically declined. Much of the furniture is in need of replacement especially the sofas and chairs in the activities room.
For some ridiculous reason the main television in the activities room is now only allowed on for special occasions so many of the residents who looked forward to viewing it now just sit and stare at nothing or quarrel with each other. No daily newspaper is provided either which is a shame for several used to enjoy reading one.
Many of the wheelchairs are either marked with the wrong resident's name or not marked at all and only a
handful of the caregivers now wear name tags so good luck knowing who someone is.
The caregiver's quality is all over the map. While some are fantastic others are obviously only there for their paycheck and the difference shows.
As a result I now can only give this facility a 3 star rating instead of the previous 5 star since I now see lots of room for improvement.

My father John W. Clark was a resident of Larkspur Lodge until his passing on July 19, 2014. The staff and caregivers are loving, caring people.

During the last 2 weeks of my father's life, I was able to stay with him 24 hrs. a day. As his daughter, I was so grateful to be able to be with him. The caregivers and staff not only took wonderful care of my father, but they also took care of me. By that I mean they were always asking if there was anything I need, they brought me coffee they asked if I want meals. But most of all they were there when I needed a hug and a shoulder to cry on.

When my father took his last breath, I went into the office and told Kurt that my dad was gone, he hugged me, then went to my father's room. Kurt sat next to him and while holding my father's hand, he prayed.

Since that day, my sister and I continue to go back to Larkspur once a week to visit the other residents and staff. My father is gone but we still go back to our second home, Larkspur Lodge

I have had a ton of experience with this place. The owners and "higher up" staff (including the activities director and office manager) attempt to make it seem like they are involved with the residents and day to day activities that happen within the facility, but the truth is that they do nothing here. They almost never come past their nice offices into the facility, unless it is to harass the care givers. They have high employee turnover rate, and don't care about keeping care givers who actually care about and live their residents. They just drop anyone who speaks their mind, whether they were an amazing caregiver or not. I have seen five or six of the most compassionate, caring young women be fired from this place simply for standing up for their own rights as employees (like when the office manager shorts their paychecks because she is not qualified to be in that position when she was just a caregiver before, and has now somehow become an "office manager"). She stays in her office all day, shorts paychecks, has a smug attitude, and is in no way suited for a position of power, which she abuses to make the caregiving staff constantly feel like they have to do her job (like making daily care schedules, lunch and break schedules, and shower and bed changing schedules). And if care staff does not do her job right, they get in trouble for it (even though she is the one who is supposed to be doing it). Residents are often put second, as the caregivers who are actually passionate about their care and often fired for speaking up about wrong doings and short comings of the facility. Many caregivers work hard every day to take care of the residents, and the horrible management reaps te rewards and gives no credit or praise to their staff.

They are good folk and they are very clean.

They are good folk and they are very clean. They came down in the middle of the night to help her one night. There is always stuff going on. It's been good. The food is pretty good, and they have a good variety, she asked for half a portion and they were able to accommodate that. They really welcomed her and were so willing to work with us.

Larkspur Lodge Assisted Living in Oroville California offers a unique setting for seniors with a wide range of needs including memory loss and dementia. Managed personally by the original owners, the resident care has maintained an outstanding reputation within the community.

At Larkspur Lodge we provide care that is consistently respectful, dignified, and compassionate. We understand the conflict and turmoil many families face in having a loved one afflicted with memory loss, and pledge our support by working closely with our family members to keep them informed and included.

We believe it is important to connect with each resident on a personal level to create a sense of belonging. We encourage independence and realize the importance of never doing for residents what they can do for themselves. We believe in applauding accomplishments, both large and small, and have a full range of activities which provide an opportunity to succeed.