Atria Paradise - Paradise, CA

A place for mom AND dad

At Atria Paradise, we’ve found a place for mom AND dad. Mom has dementia and is in memory care, Dad is supposed to be in assisted living, but the staff at Atria has allowed my Dad to sleep with my Mom in memory care. The staff is easy to communicate with and they answer all of your questions. They act quickly; they don’t let time go by. They’re very prompt at getting back to us if Dad needs a cane or a walker, or if he or Mom tripped and fell but weren’t hurt. The food is great, not too salty, and very nutritious. There’s quite a variety to choose from. On the assisted living side of the facility, they have a main menu to choose from but they have alternate options as well for those with dietary restrictions. On the memory care side, they don’t have alternate options but you can always tell them if your loved one has special needs. However, they don’t allow pureed food. I don’t have any doubts about the way they keep things clean; it’s always really nice in the community. They have fun activities like circle time where they’ll have everyone sit in a circle and do physical exercises; there’s a man that comes in who leads a group with cards and gives them hints as to who is on the card and the group has to guess. They even encourage my dad to sing – when we first walked into the lobby of the facility, my dad had remembered he was in a choral group that had sung there before and he remembered it being a nice place. It was like a sign to me. Atria was the last place on our list of places to tour and it just happened to be THE place. If there’s one thing that I could suggest, it would be really great if they had something for the family in charge of paying the bills that wasn’t just a packet of paperwork – I would’ve liked to have a schedule for laundry, what sort of toiletries they need in the memory care unit (because they only want specific brands), etc. Otherwise, I definitely recommend them.

5 stars all the way!!

I can not say enough good things about this place. It is a wonderful community when you walk in, it looks like a beautiful hotel. The staff is all very caring and helpful. My mother is settling in very well and fits in just right. She now has a social life that she would not have if she was still at home sitting my herself. I am truly happy with my decision to move her to this wonderful place.

We toured this community and found the staff to be very helpful to our needs. The community was nice on this tour. they had a great menu and a nice variety. They have good activities and we liked the staff who did answer our questions. I recommend this community to other families.

Excellent

We are very happy with them. Very friendly staff. Not sure about activities yet but probably a five.

wonderful

The staff at Atria Paradise is wonderful. Very friendly and efficient. I really do not see anything that I would improve there. The food is excellent, the place is nice, and the staff is very friendly, caring, and helpful. They have really been wonderful.

They have been very good to work with

We never actually moved in here, but they were very helpful in reserving a place. There was a time when we thought that we would be able to move my mom here, and they recognized that if she improved, we would be able to make the move. They worked with me to have a room available while we waited, and have worked with me since, in terminating our agreement. They have been very good to work with, and I thought it was a very nice place.

The personell at Atria Paradise are very nice people. They do not always communicate as effectively as I would like though.

Atria Paradise was taken over by a corporation about a year ago, and they have been a little disorganized since then. It used to be a more small town type organization. There are some changes that have come with that. There are a lot of new people, etc.

They let me keep my Labrador retriever, make dietary accommodations, etc. So they have been very friendly and accommodating.

Great vaule for dollar spent compared to other facilities

cost for for services was great a very nice place and they accommodate specials needs such as diet and allowing residents to keep their pets. dinning room is a little slow but they are trying to improve. Good location close to services and Chico is very close by. Great value for money spent.

My loved one is content at Atria Para...

My loved one is content at Atria Paradise.

Wonderful Community, Exceptional Care Staff!

Wonderful community in an absolutely beautiful setting. The staff are so great with my Grandmother and you can really see that they care. We shopped all around the area, including Chico, and found Atria to be the best option for pricing and what you get. My Grandmother is very happy there and we feel we made an excellent choice!

I wasn't particularly impressed.

Much more expensive, than the place that I chose. It wasn't as nice as the place I chose, and this was twice as much. There was a charge for everything. I wasn't particularly impressed.

Kate Vance

Thank you for visiting our community. I am sorry we did not end up being the perfect fit for your needs. If we can be of further assistance to your family in the future, I encourage you to reach via [removed]; including “Atria Paradise” in your subject line. We wish you the best of luck!

Excellent Place!

They are really excellent! They are definitely expensive, but you get your money's worth for what they do! The food kind of depends on the day, but it's pretty good. My loved one has gained some weight - yay! They have great communication. What really set them apart was that when you walk in, there no "smell" - that was number one. The whole building just reminded me of being on a cruise ship. Even the dining area. Very nice.

Location Didn't Work

I really like this place. It was nice but Helen wanted a private room and she also wanted to stay in Chico so I was trying to respect her wishes.

LaDawn K.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us, and I apologize that there were no private memory care apartments available during the time of your visit. I encourage you to please check back with us for an update if Paradise ever becomes an option again for your family. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] or [removed], and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Elegant Decor

Oak Knoll is a very nice and very clean community. We did feel like there was a little more pressure from this community then others. The decor is a little darker but very elegant. Just wasn't as bright and open as other communities. Overall it was a very good community just not what we were looking for.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review. I’m glad to hear that you liked our community, and I apologize for any pressure you felt from our staff. I will certainly share your review with the appropriate individuals who can make sure that our visitors always feel welcome and comfortable knowing that the decision is theirs to make. We want to be of assistance to your family whether you choose us or not. If we can answer any questions, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains lies Atria Paradise, an independent and assisted living community for active older adults in historic Butte County. As part of the Chico metropolitan area, Atria is located near restaurants, medical centers, shops, museums, places of worship and other local points of interest. Residents can relax with their neighbors inside their beautiful mountain community, or venture into town during one of our regular group excursions. Atria Paradise offers a lifestyle of choice, with care that can be adapted as individual needs change. Our independent living option offers spacious, freestanding cottages – a model of maintenance-free retirement living. Our assisted living option provides just the right amount of discreet support to help residents remain as independent as possible, while our Life Guidance® memory care program provides specialized care for those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Our responsive, 24-hour staff, comfortable surroundings and industry-leading quality standards make Atria Paradise a senior living community that truly lives up to its name.

License #045002489