Whiterock Court - Dallas, TX

Nestled within the hills and trees along the White Rock Trail in Lake Highlands, you’ll be charmed by our picturesque rural beauty built just minutes away from the conveniences of the city. We’re close to all the things that make life rich, like shopping, fine dining, world-class healthcare and all the entertainment and culture of Dallas.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind

Sister Loves This Community

My sister is enjoying her time here in this community. She has adjusted well, and seems to like it. She loves it, and I'am comfortable with her move to this community. I know she is safe, and in safe, and good hands. It is a nice community.

Grounds are pretty

I am doing ok since moving here. I feel safe and secure here. The living space I am in is very nice a good size for me. The housekeeping is doing what they are supposed to do. The staff, in general, is nice polite and helpful. However, the kitchen staff needs much improvement because the food here is terrible. The vegetables are overcooked and mushy, the main course has no taste and there is no variety they serve the same thing all the time no dessert if offered and when there is one it's usually burnt. There are a lot of activities that are offered. The staff tries extremely hard to present a homey feel to the community and they do a good job overall but the food must be improved.

Friendly Staff

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was kind, and friendly to my family. The community looked clean, and everything appeared to be well-kept. The staff I met was kind, and informative. It was a good experience, but I did not feel this was the community for us.

I really did like this option for my Father who is independent now but will need more assistance in future so I like that he would not have to move again when he needs more assistance. The place is cheerful and peaceful with nature around, it looks very clean and fresh smelling. The Contact person was very helpful and genuinely empathetic to this transition for our family. I even met a few of the Residents on my tour who seemed very happy there. The studio rooms are nice and perfect size for my Dad plus 3 meals are included daily. It's a smaller Community of Sr. Living which is good environment for my Dad. I have scheduled another Tour there soon with my Father so he can see it for himself and I think its a good fit and the cost is reasonable. Only negative thing is, there is not a lot of availability there now though and the room that would be perfect for him does not have a balcony as some of the other studio rooms do there and I know he'd want that. Another good thing here is they provide transportation for Residents for a 10 mile radius and which help our family so much. I'm hoping a studio room with balcony will open up in near future for him at Whiterock Court. I enjoyed my tour.

Mom in Law is Doing Pretty Well

This is a good community, and my mother is doing pretty well since her move here. It has been an adjustment process, but we know she is in good hands. The staff is kind, and helpful. They recently had a change in management. So everyone is still getting use to that. It is a good, safe community, and I would recommend it.

I found this all inclusive environment to be ideal. It is open an welcoming. Upon arrival, there were carolers entertaining residents after a holiday feast. I found many amenities like a salon, chapel, library, billards room, places for cards/bridge, puzzles. I lean to the 1 bedroom apt for my mom. The one financial negative was a very high non refundable deposit.

Outstanding Care

I am happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The staff is outstanding caring. Mom is very happy with the meals that are served. The activity director is outstanding. They offer live entertainment,. There are field trips that momv is really enjoying. The staff make you feel like your at home. Other residents seemed happy. I highly recommend this community for great care for family members.

A great place for Dad

I absolutely love White Rock Court and what they have done for my dad. General Manger, [Removed] and his staff are attentive and caring and truly care about their residents; in short, they are wonderful folks who go the extra mile. The food quite good, the place is clean and modern and overall good value for the money. White Rock was perfect for my dad. The place is independent living with on site home heath care when extra care is needed. My dad was going downhill fast and has done a complete 180 turned around thanks to White Rock Court. When my mother passed away, everyone was very supportive to both dad and I, helping us to get though a very tuff time. Would I trust my dad to White Rock Court again, you bet I would.

Settled in very nicely.

My time here at Whiterock Court hasn't been long but definitely a great experience and I would surely recommend to those who can adjust easily. I know quite a few people here and although I don't always have the time since I still work I participate in some of the activities from time to time. I stopped cooking some time ago and really enjoy the food here for the most part. Whiterock is a very clean place and the staff are very nice and friendly. I have no complaints to speak of.

Very satisfied

I'm very satisfied with my experience at Whiterock Court, I would give them top marks across the board. The staff is professional and welcoming, and they go out of their way to give the place a friendly family atmosphere. My biggest concern was how they'd handle the food, but I think they do a good job. It's nutritious, they serve a good variety of dishes, and you've always got a few different choices every night.

Wouldn't recommend

Over priced, not enough activities, floor plans are horrible, no full kitchens, they have bugs. Its not independent living a lot of them needs extra care, the caregivers aren't great. The staff is horrible, the food is sometimes not cooked all the way. The hallways smells. The sales lady is fake just to get you to sign a lease anyone can see through her and after that you don't matter she's loud. The facility takes anyone to keep it 100% occupied. You have two pay three months in advance. The cleaning staff is not great and they have one that really doesn't understand english or speaks it well. The new managers are horrible I think they have been here for about 2-3 months they dont seem to care for the resident.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office.

First, it sounds as if you are having quite the negative experience, and for that I sincerely apologize. I find your concerns about cleanliness and lack of empathy particularly concerning. Have you called the Resident Relations line to lodge a formal complaint? If not, I highly recommend you do. The Resident Relations team takes these concerns very seriously and investigates them at every opportunity. Their number is [removed].

Katie

I don't recommend

I won't not recommend this place. Yes the community is in a great area. The staff is okay. The expression on their faces make you feel like its just a front just to get you in to sign a lease. The community is over priced with not that many things to do. The activity room is very small with on two exercise machine and a little TV. The movie room is okay. The business/library is horrible only have one computer for the resident and one computer for employees. I notice that employees, vistors and reaidenta uses the same restroom in the lobby. Employees should have their own restroom. I went to have lunch their and the food was half cooked not good for the elderly. Housekeeping only comes in the apartments once a week which is light duty and for the price of this community they need full service housing. Their isn't many activities for the resident basically all they will do is sit in the apartment all day. The sales lady is not friendly she seem fake to me. The managers are a couple that seem not to friendly with a I don't care attitude. They are involved. One of the tours that I seen was African Americans and the way that they treated them was awful like they were been rushed off. I would not recommend this community to anyone if you have to place your family member is the facility please stay involved if not continue to look because their are a lot of better communities out here with more to offer and better prices

Not Great Would Recommend

I would recommend it to anyone, its not great but the staff is friendly. The maintenance is an issue because of communication lacking between staff to client.

very nice place

The staff there at Whiterock Court is really nice and very helpful. The facility also is very nice.

The only complaint I could make is that it is very expensive, but then I know all of these type places are.

They are doing a very good job.

They are doing a very good job. They are bending over backwards. I don't have any complaints, and they were pretty comparable to the other places in the area.

independent living but serv...

independent living but services available

Everyone, including residen...

Everyone, including residents, was very friendly and willing to answer all my questions. The un-gated campus is in a secluded residential neighborhood which makes for a quiet area (with the exception of a quick 'swoosh' which I assume is the DART rail). There is a fence around the grounds of the memory-care building, though, and I think the back of the main building as well. In addition to memory care they have wellness programs, nurses, and visiting physicians, and there's a rehabilitation center next door. The food was enjoyable and the outside of the campus is lovely. The inside, however, was somewhat sterile, but the residents partook of the common areas to socialize and play games. Their 'exercise room' is more an alcove with three or four machines, but it's better than nothing. I was disappointed with the layouts of the apartments, however, and the fact that they do not have stoves or ovens, but all three meals are provided for. A definite bonus, which my family would probably appreciate if they were more mobile, is that you can stay in any sister residents in the world, complete with meals.

Still new, but good so far!

I have not been living here long, so I am still adjusting to the atmosphere, but it has been a great place so far. It is definitely clean, and there are lots of activities available even if I don't participate. The food is okay, it could be better. I live more independently within the community, so I do not interact much with the care services. It is a different place from what I have seen before, but it has been good so far!

Park-like Setting

My aunt is happy. She complains, yes, but one of the things is that they don't clean her room the way she thinks it ought to be done. The place is nice. The only thing I've noticed is that the stairwells, they're not always clean. The location is really what attracted us to it. The location is in a nice, park like area. It is in an area where there are trees around. If you sit out on the front porch you get a view of the woods, and the people can come and go as they please. There's an 1/8th mile level, concrete walkway around the building so you can exercise. She invited us over just today for lunch so that we could see what's going on. The food was good, although the portions were small. Every week they take them to Walmart, and once a month they take them on trips. They'll also take them to the doctor, and they don't charge for any of it. There's really nothing I could complain about. The people are all friendly and answer all my questions.

Great!

Compared to the rest of the world, the value is a 5! I'm not sure about the activities but I know they have an activities director and things available. All of the categories above are what I like about them. They seem to be very truthful about their commitments and what they are going to provide, unlike the last place my mother and Bill were. There is nothing I can think of at the moment that they could improve on.

Great community

Whiterock Court is a very good community and was in my top two communities. They were located very close to my home. The staff was friendly and the community was clean. They seem like a very open community. They are a multi-story community. Our loved one was the one that made the final decision and ended up choosing a different community but Whiterock Court would have also been a good choice.

Home like cooking

Compared to other communities that we previously had experience with Whiterock Court is the best. It is a more expensive then the other communities but it is worth the money. She is much happier here. The staff is really friendly and the community is very clean. They do not have any dementia or Alzheimer’s residents the residents are very active. Because there is no one slouched around in a wheelchair and residents are moving around it keeps it from being a depressing environment. The residents actually dress up for dinner and the dining is setup like a 4 star restaurant. The food is always good and served at the right temperature. The chef they have always makes the meals from scratch.

Convenient and well priced

(Care Services Not Rated) We really liked the location of Whiterock Court it makes it convenient for our family. Another reason we chose them was the pricing they offered for a studio. The staff was great and helpful as well.

For my mother

My husband and I toured 4 facilities and talked on the phone to several more. White Rock Court met all our requirements, We are very please with my mothers apartment and care. But it was the spirit of the staff that helped with our decision. My mother is unable to participate in most activities so they are of really little use to her. Our main objective is her well being and having her meals prepared for her. She is happy and the food is really good.

I visited it, liked it and will visit...

I visited it, liked it and will visit again

beautiful, wonderful food.