The Forum at Park Lane - Dallas, TX

The Forum at Park Lane, offering Independent Living, Assisted Living and Nursing Care, is an independent full-service community located in a superb North Dallas location, across the street from North Park Center. Just a walk out the front door and you're close to over 250 shops, boutiques and restaurants. Our community features a comfortable lifestyle, superb amenities and the highest standards of hospitality and service.

Independent Living

In independent living, ideal for seniors who desire an active lifestyle, our residents enjoy gracious apartment accommodations, a variety of floor plans, fine restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, planned social and cultural activities, scheduled transportation and much more.

Assisted Living

Assisted Living is designed for seniors who desire residential living but require support with some activities of daily living such as medication reminders, bathing, dressing and dining. With the support of a 24-hour staff, licensed nurse and customized service and care plan based on individual needs, residents are able to maximize their independence and participate in activities that promote socialization and friendships.

Nursing Care

Our Nursing Care Center is the choice for seniors requiring post-hospital and post-surgical care and for those who have more complex around the-clock nursing care needs. Our center offers 24-hour skilled nursing as well as physical, occupational and speech therapies designed to restore each resident to his or her highest level of functioning and independence.

At The Forum at Park Lane, we do everything possible to understand and meet the needs and expectations of the people we serve. We invite you to visit us an experience the warm hospitality and high quality of our community.

Not wanting to move mom twice

When I toured the community they were in the process of redoing the assisted living area so I wasn't able to see any of the apartments due to the construction. I had been told the wing wouldn't be ready until possibly the fall which concerned me. The residents that had been in the assisted living wing had to be moved over to the memory care wing and that wouldn't have worked for my mother she would have been miserable. From what I had been told the assisted living was going to be like the independent living side. So with the assisted living side being under construction, I decided on another option just because I didn't want to have to move my mom twice once to some room that was open while construction was being completed then move her again once the assisted living wing was complete.

Tour for mom

I toured this community. I liked the nice staff who were able to answer the questions. We liked the list of activities that were offered. I would recommend this community to others. The activities would of been helpful and the menu was appealing. Families might consider this community for nice care

Seems like a very nice environment. We had a good visit - the dining room is very nice, like a restaurant with good tasting food. Lots of pretty community areas. Full time activity director with great enthusiasm and ideas, and since this was very important to us, we were glad to have seen this place.

This is not the place for non mobile patients. It is no restraints.

I had my mother at the forum for rehabilitation after having a stroke. I had numerous reports from friends and family members that visited finding her on the floor or hanging halfway off the bed. There are not enough staff members to handle patients with mobility issues. During the one month she was at the facility she got two bladder infections and they did not want to treat her immediately but wait a week for lab results to come back. There were signs on the walls in her room saying she was not to be left unattended and yet they took her to the dining room for breakfast where they let her fall out of her chair on her head. She never recovered from that fall and was totally bedbound after that. The nurse assured me that no one would have done that. The facility is a no restraint facility which means even if the patient is at risk of falling out of a wheelchair without having a seatbelt they will not use one. They also think that falling out of the bed onto a pad is totally acceptable for an 80-year-old arthritic person. They were totally callous about the fact that she repeatedly kept falling out of the bed. They refused to put in bedrails. If you have a loved one who needs lots of care do not leave them at this facility.

Five Star Reviews

I am the Executive Director and I am genuinely interested in your comments. We are a restraint free community as our company has determined that the dangers posed to residents are more profound than the benefits of using these systems. Also, federal and state regulations have limitations concerning the use of restraints such as bedrails and lap belts. Low beds combined with bed side mats are a best practice to help prevent injuries from falls. As far as our staffing, we do staff to meet or exceed state guidelines. I would welcome a conversation with you. I have found when we work together with family members it only helps us become better. Please call or come by…my door is always open.

The Forum is wonderful!

I can't say enough wonderful things about The Forum. I called A Place for Mom and our Senior Living Advisor was outstanding. She emailed me a list of facilities to check out based on our criteria and was very responsive to any questions or follow-up emails. We moved my parents to The Forum from another facility in Dallas. The Forum has the ability to accommodate my mother, who requires Assisted Living and my father, who requires Skilled Nursing (in wheelchair). The activity calendar includes: outings to the symphony, museum, Target, Wal-mart, Blackout Casino Night, HH (if you drink), chair exercises 6 days a week, Bible study, Arts and Crafts, Yoga, NP Mall shopping trips every Saturday, Current Events and more! The Forum allocates most of their resources toward their nursing staff and assistants and the result is true success. The doctor is careful not to over medicate and respects the residents requests (our preference is "less is more"). It is a positive and caring environment and I am so thankful that my parents are now at The Forum. My parents quality of life has improved dramatically. We can all rest assured that they are well taken care of, not be over-medicated and will have no shortage of activities.

The Forum at Park Lane

Visited 7 Independent Living facilities in Dallas and participated in interviews at 4 of them. My mother (and I) *easily* graviated towards The [removed] Great staff (very professional, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, responsive), ... wonderful, welcoming residents, ... beautiful, clean, spacious surroundings, ... dinners that in NO way taste like 'institutional' fare, ... transportation services that have invariably proven to be so punctual and reliable, ... great location w/ close proximity to Baylor and so many health care professionals, ... and it's directly across the street from Northpark Mall, to boot!

My mother has acclimated to her new living arrangements quicklyand has settled in so well! Needless to say, her happiness is *my* happiness. What a huge stress relief to know she's doing so well and is in such *good* hands and company, there.

will have neighbors that are much low...

will have neighbors that are much lower functioning both cognitively and physically. Staff in scrubs