Windsor Senior Living - Dallas, TX

I am proud to live at Windsor

The people here at Windsor are wonderful, both the residents and the staff. I like that I can get transportation to doctors. The drivers do a good job. The care staff is always willing to help. The breakfast is always great. I will not leave this place ever! I am very proud to live at Windsor.

Great facility! HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT

The rooms are awesome! Perfect set up for a person in need of assisted living. The floor to sealing windows make for some great views of the city and cloud formations etc. Really lovely! The employees responsible for care are sincere and well trained. The value for the location and amenities is fair.

Unfortunately, we have had a horrible experience with management. Their followup with us concerning some overcharges have gone unanswered since November. We were double billed for care and billed for care not received. It should be an easy accounting error to correct but we have not been contacted to make such adjustments. We have even contacted the National Director who seemed eager to help but has not responded to us since his first contact on Dec 9th.

Please help us if anyone has an idea of how we might get help with this situation. Until this is resolved I would never ever recommend you use this facility. It is inexcusable that they have not refunded us for the overcharges!

INEXCUSABLE!!!!!!

Blue Harbor Sales Team

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review Roxanne. We do our best to ensure we're providing our customers with the best service possible, and these reviews help us ensure we're fulfilling this goal. We are disappointed to learn of your recent experience with us, however, and would like to help make things right. Please reach out to Joshua Lindsey at [removed] at your earliest convenience.

I love this place

I moved in to Windsor Senior living in February of 2016. I love the food. It is wonderful. I like all the activities. I participate in bingo and the Friday afternoon happy hour. I enjoy going out to eat with the R.O.M.E.O. group. We had fun at the outing to see a Texas Rangers baseball game last spring. I love this place.

Grandfather's Care

I am very happy with the care that my grandfather is receiving here. I like the staff who are always very nice and caring to his needs. I am happy tht he likes the meals and the variety. He likes being able to do the activities. The community is very clean and a nice atmosphere. I recommend this care and the value for other families and there loved ones.

Chaos

One word I would use to describe this community is chaos. This is a eleven story old hotel building. I was not happy with the experience my mother had at this community. My mother needed more care than they would able to provide.

Nice facility. Good care.

This is a nice facility.

I love living at Windsor

I love it at Windsor. I moved in back in August of this year and I have enjoyed living here. Everything has come together. I like that everything is included. My apartment is fabulous. The food is very good. The residents are friendly.

Alzheimer's care for my wife

I came to Windsor in 2010 because my wife was needing Alzheimer’s care. Windsor fit her needs beautifully. She passed this last October, but I have chosen to continue living at Windsor even though I am independent and do not require any care. My apartment is very accommodating with a good view of downtown Dallas. I like that Windsor is a solid, well-built structure and feel quite safe here. I find that the staff and other residents are friendly.

I like living at Windsor because so many things are taken care of for me. There are lots of activities to choose from. Victoria, the activity director, does a great job. Generally the food is very good. The desserts are very tempting. We are lucky to have Diana, our pastry chef. I enjoy dancing at the weekly happy hour.

I am so glad my daughters found Windsor. I like that i still have my freedom. I enjoy the opportunity to participate in the activities. I just wish i had the time to take part in all of them. The staff is excellent Windsor is a nice community. I really enjoy being here.

Friendly Community

I moved in to Windsor Senior Living in June of this year. I chose to live at Windsor because the first time I visited I had a good warm feeling. I liked everyone I met. I thought the staff seemed caring, the residents were friendly, and also liked the location. I visited many other communities but am pleased with my decision to move to Windsor. I feel safe & comfortable. Everyone is helpful, respectful, and congenial. The dining room is convenient and the food is good. I enjoy the activities. I like that if I should need additional care in the future it will be available & I will not have to move. Everyone at Windsor is really nice. I am a volunteer at Windsor serving as a Resident Ambassador and enjoy my role meeting with and helping new residents to the community.

The community looks pretty well maintained and in good shape!!!

Mom is getting involved in some of the activities at Windsor Senior Living. She is meeting new people. The staff is always very nice, helpful and sweet. I think they are short staffed and I feel the responsiveness time is suffering due to this. She says the food is ok and she has learned what not to order and they do have other options available. I would currently recommend this community.

We made the right choice when we moved to Windsor

My husband and I moved to The Windsor 5 years ago. At the time my husband’s health was starting to fail so we felt it was time for assisted living. We toured four other assisted living places and we found that the Windsor met our needs and was the best choice to make and that has proven to be the right choice. We found everyone here very friendly and very helpful. There are so many activities that we can partake of. The residents are very friendly and we have made a number of close friends. The food is great and my husband and I have really enjoyed it. As my husband’s health failed, the caregivers were wonderful. Between management, caregivers, waitstaff, ect. we have been well taken care of. My husband recently passed away and the staff were great at coming to tell him good-by and checking on me. They have given me many, many hugs which gives you a warm feeling. I do not plan on leaving here as I am very happy

I have everything I need & want at Windsor

My wife died in January of 2010. I knew I could not stay in our large home alone, so I began looking for a new place for me to live alone. When I found Windsor, I found meals 3 times a day for 7 days a week. I found washing and cleaning of my apartment once a week. No other place I looked at gave me as much for my money, and since I am useless in the home, I needed a place that did everything for me. Windsor answered that need, and I moved in here by the end of February, 2010 (over 6 years ago). Other places keep asking me to move there and enjoy all their amenities. Since I have everything I need and want, why should I leave Windsor? No one else can give me more for less; so I think I will stick around a little longer. Here, I have it made. Why change?

Windsor is a good place to live

My two daughters did a lot of research to find a nice Senior Living Community for me while I was in rehab. We decided on Windsor Senior Living and I moved in 5 years ago. The elegance of Windsor impressed me. I appreciate housekeeping for keeping the community so clean. I enjoy the friendliness of the other residents & the staff. We have a happy group of people here at Windsor. It is very easy to meet people. Activities are always available. Windsor is a good place to be.

Do not send Mom here

Do not leave your loved ones here. Windsor used to be a great place for Mom, that is when it was a privately held company. Once the corporation took over, it went downhill FAST. The floor my Mom was on used to have plenty of caregivers, then it dwindled to the state required amount of aides. And, the aides were constantly changing. It wasn't uncommon to see the aides on their iPhones or even dozing off. On one visit to see Mom, she had on a blouse and a blanket. I lifted up the blanket & she had no pants on. I questioned them and they said it was a new aide. She certainly remembered her pants. The costs kept going up & the level
of care kept going down. The only commendation I can give is to the hospice workers. They took great care of Mom. When she died, they called, sent a card and a plant. Windsor? Not one word except that she had to give 2 weeks notice even though Mom was deceased. It's all about the bottom line at Windsor. I wouldn't wish the place on my worst enemy!

Happy Resident

I have been at Windsor 7 years. I was impressed with the staff the first time I came. I was especially impressed with how warm and caring they were. I enjoy being around the other residents. Some have become very special. I have been very happy here and wouldn’t want to be anyplace else.

A Wonderful Place

We began looking approximately 1 ½ years ago for an Assisted Living facility. Our health was deteriorating and we had numerous criteria’s. Windsor Senior Living has met all of our expectations!
Windsor’s staff is very knowledge, helpful, friendly and supportive. The nurses and care givers are exceptional (90% of them will know your name within a week or less). The food is very good with 3 or 4 choices per meal time. The atmosphere is one of support, caring and respect. We have a full service beauty parlor, whirlpool and massage therapist, exercise class, and balance class. Numerous activities: Bible studies, painting classes, billiards room, card room, games, puzzles, knitting classes, volunteer programs making gifts for different charity organizations and Friday’s happy hour with entertainment. Numerous outings to the Rangers Ball game, Arboretum, the Dallas Zoo, Perot Museum (with transportation and care givers), just to name a few. Various shopping trips during the week for those that don’t drive. Just sign up and you are on your way. Folks, you have 3 good meals per day. Housekeeping takes care of changing your bed, cleaning your apartment and laundry once a week. Transportation to be scheduled any time. Check us out! Windsor Senior Living is a wonder place. -- Nancy

A Wonderful Place

Very Pleased With This Community

I'am very pleased with this community, they are caring for me very well. The community looks great, they do a very good job of keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is excellent, they are always there when I need some help. There are many activities offered, I have tried out a few. I have had one problem it that is with the food. The food is not a healthy well balanced meal for a senior. Other than the food issues everything else is going well. I would recommend it.

Review of Windsor Senior Living - Dallas, TX

I am a WWII combat veteran and really enjoy the friendly and caring people at Windsor. Our apartment is spacious for 2 people and well designed to enjoy our daily living. The personnel are well trained and provide needed services like cleaning, showers, and bed making allowing the 2 of us to enjoy our retirement. Also the food is outstanding.

The Windsor is Exceptional!

We are really enjoying the Windsor! Some areas could use some tweaking, but overall the vibe is one of positivity! I'd say the Personal Care Dept is the BEST of all! D raves abt his much-needed assistance showering (offered for a very fair added cost), saying how nice they are, even though it's such a hard job! There are added fees to your basic rent, based upon your lived one's specific needs (ours is 478/mth extra at this point for assistance showering 2 x's a week, medication dispensed and extra personal care).
He also loves housekeeping making his room so clean and tidy every week. He also enjoys the activities, although wishing more residents would get involved, and wanting more activities geared towards men. Having said that, he is not a card or poker player, and it's not Cowboys football season, so....
Food service is average..."too much rice" offered- more veggies and salads would be great. Also, some of the dietary restrictions can be hit or miss with the open restaurant style dining. That's understandable; the residents enjoy the social aspect of dining, which makes it difficult to keep some in line with what they should have vs what they will order. I have dined with him, and have seen how the main menu items can run out by the last hour of dining, BUT the fact that each meal is offered for 2 hours is awesome!
The apt is really nice! There are several floor plans to choose from, as well as carpet vs a wood vinyl...our relative loves carpet, so his apt is perfect for him. The fridge is an apt size, so the ice making and storage is very limited...but we bought a countertop icemaker which has made D a happy camper! (Find at Walmart for $95).
I would say, after looking at SEVERAL options, The Windsor is a GREAT choice for assisted living! It just does not have that dreary look at ALL! The employees, from caregivers to maintenance, transportation to receptionists are all very kind, very team oriented! This is our first full month, but we hope that we continue to have our needs assessed and addressed, as well as we have this month! A lot of your outcome depends on how well your relative takes to the changes, which are probably the most they have seen in decades. Be prepared for helping them adjust to these changes, and be ready to be VERY involved your first few weeks after the move. But know that by choosing The Windsor, your road will be much more smooth than with other residences!

Comfortable living at Windsor

My wife & I moved in to Windsor Senior Living in September 2013. We hired a consultant to help us decide if we should move in to a senior living community & the answer was yes. The consultant suggested several communities to look at & we enthusiastically agreed on Windsor. We especially liked the ability to convert from Independent Living to Assisted Living without having to change apartments. We have made many friends here & enjoy the activities that are planned for everyday. The staff is attentive to your needs and are very cordial. I heartily recommend the Windsor.

Happy Senior

The staff members at the Windsor are very nice. The caregivers are just like friends. I like having an apartment on the south side that faces downtown. The soups & desserts are exceptional. We have lots of fun activities. I really like living at Windsor.

Review of Windsor Senior Living-Dallas, TX

I am a WWII combat veteran and really enjoy the friendly and caring people at Windsor. Our apartment is spacious for 2 people and well designed to enjoy our daily living. The personnel are well trained and provide needed services like cleaning, showers, and bed making allowing 2 of us to enjoy our retirement. Also the food is outstanding.

Contented Resident

When I came to Windsor I wasn't wanting to move but it was a necessity because I needed care. The first people I met were the caregivers and in the four years I have been here I have been most impressed with them. They stand out because so many really do have a heart for doing this. That makes a huge difference. They are polite. The waiting time for care is pretty good, better than it used to be. There are caregivers with whom I have developed a real rapport. I have developed some very close friendships with other residents, particularly with two others with similar conditions to mine. I like the weekly programs. One example is the sewing group because of my friends who attend.

LIfe at Windsor

We were looking for a place because my husband was becoming less mobile. I needed assistance getting him in and out of bed and in the shower. Transporting him to his medical appointments & to dialysis 3 times a week was important. Windsor is able to do that for us. We are very glad that Medical City if just 5 minutes away. This is a good community to interact with other residents at meals and social gatherings. I am very pleased with the staff and especially Lisa, the Health Services Director.

Life at Windsor

Two years ago we made the decision to move to senior living. We sold our house & with Rose's assistance we moved into a lovely apartment on the 5th floor. We have enjoyed our time here at the Windsor, especially the new friends we have made. These folks now are like family. We also enjoy having good food every day. The assisted living care my husband is now receiving has been above & beyond our expectations. The caregivers are kind & efficient, and my husband is very happy with his care. We enjoy living at the Windsor.

A great place for mom!

Windsor is a very nice facility. Mom loves her room.
The personnel is extremely nice. I would like to see more activities for the residents.
Food is really good. We enjoy eating dinner with her from time to time.
I would highly recommend windsor.

I like living at Windsor

I have lived at Windsor Senior Living for over 4 years and find that it meets my wants & needs very well. The staff here is very friendly & efficient. I like the facilities here, the beautiful lobbies, the variety of meeting rooms, the multiple floor layouts, and the number of planned activities that meets the wants of most people here.

We moved my mom in Dec 2015. We have been very pleased thus far. The moment you step foot in the facility you get the vibe that all who work there are happy to be there. The staff (from marketing to nurses to person cleaning the rooms) are all so nice and caring. I sleep good at night because I know my mom is in good hands. On several occasions, I have been stopped by the caregivers at the elevator or on my way to my mom's room to let me know how my mom is doing that day, or if she ate all her food at breakfast or not OR that she danced a lot that morning during music/dance class. I do recommend Windsor Senior Living for your loved one.

Thank you so much!

When I called a place for mom the service and care received was exceptional. You could tell they really cared.
It's a difficult time so the words of care and assurance was warmly felt.
Within a week we found a nice place that mother is very happy with.
Thank you so much for your professional and caring assistance.

Deplorable Service and Leadership

This facility is absolutely horrible. In just two weeks, my mom (who has severe dementia) escaped their "secured" memory care unit repeatedly, but no one could tell us how. They said she was probably leaning on the emergency exit doors, which release after 15 seconds. If that were true, their staff would have heard a fire alarm for 15+ seconds and not responded at all... and they volunteered this information to me. How terrifying!

In fact, as I personally discovered for them two weeks later, THE DOOR TO THEIR MEMORY CARE UNIT WAS NOT LOCKED OR ALARMED. No one on their staff had identified the obvious problem, which was going on for weeks, and put everyone in memory care at serious risk. When I pointed it out, they immediately screwed the door shut.

But instead of finding this blatant security failure or offering basic compassion for a woman with dementia, their assistant executive director, Gary, gave us 24 hours' notice that we were required to hire round-the-clock sitter care for my mom – beginning Christmas eve. Sitter care costs $18/hour, on top of the $6,000/month Windsor charged, bringing our monthly total to $19,000. (Gary was kicking my mom out, but he didn't want to be liable for the decision.)

We moved my mom out immediately. But in the weeks that followed, I learned they were not giving my mom her prescribed medication, they didn't give her any time for her other medications to adjust, and, again, they had a completely unlocked door on their memory care floor for weeks and not one person noticed, despite my mom using it freely.

Please do not send your loved one here for memory care. Please, please, please go someplace else.

Varying levels of memory care an asset

We have been very pleased with Windsor Senior Living. Their memory care offers two separate floors of care depending on the level of dementia and the need for care. The personnel caring for our parent have been extremely caring and friendly. The staff has also made accommodations for our needs.

We unfortunately got caught up in a buyout of the facility to Blue Harbor Senior Living. During that time the administration definitely had issues from the transition which complicated some issues for us. Fortunately, things in the Admin area seem to be improving. However, throughout this transition, the care staff remained professional and caring.

The food seems to vary in quality although given our parent is on the highest level of memory care this may not be a fair assessment for the entire facility.

No place is going to be perfect, but for now we are happy with the way our parent is treated and Windsor has been responsive to our concerns.

great facility

They have been great. It is a pretty facility. Only issue we had was my parents wanted wood floors and received carpet. But no other issues.

The Bentley is another nice place to move into. It has a lot of amenities, the residents seemed open and friendly, the food was good, they are within walking distance of shopping and the tree-lined courtyard is a quiet place to sit and rock, even in the middle of the city.

Overall it's a pretty good place.

Sometimes the staff is overly friendly. When I have eaten there the food has been pretty good. I think they have oodles of activities, but she hasn't really joined in yet. They have someone who comes and gives communion once a week. They have direct T.V. and they were able to get the channel she wanted added. Overall it's a pretty good place. Not having to worry about her all day has been a great relief. We really liked the size of the rooms here, they were huge. The nursing part, the caregivers are pretty good too. I liked that they have so many residents.

The pick based on Size, Amenities, Age-In-Place/Memory Care

I toured this facility with my Father who needs an age-in-place and memory care community for my Stepmother, and he's ready for assisted living after having care-giver burnout and getting frail himself. He ended up liking this community the best out of 5 others visited for his needs, we did a second visit and brought my Stepmother who agreed it was good. The first thing that got them excited was the videos on their website. The entire site is full of videos and no pictures, the opposite of the other communities. I'd like it if they had a balance, but you have to do there anyway. The daughter of the investor speaking about aging got him, as well as the testimonials, the Arboretum garden planting program, and the chefs going on to the local morning shows with their award winning special dietary desserts (gluten free/natural sugar free substitute), plus you can download their monthly activity calendar, see what special author visits or workshops they have for the month, and they have a downloadable PDF on caregiver day off/vacation time you can pay for as a member of the general public, which is really a nice option. All the main staff have their own videos, which make you feel good and get a feel off of them. They all seem to love their job. Van, the Marketing Director, did something for our visit no other community did: She got a male resident to sit with us for lunch, and a female with the same male resident to sit again on my Stepmother's visit. We could all ask questions of them and socialize, and that really made a HUGE difference in the experience for them as well as me. My Dad and Stepmother (up until March) were cruise travelers, members of the Richardson Symphony, and avid readers and lovers of PBS, sports, etc. My Stepmother is very social and a member of women's church groups for volunteerism and socially. Windsor is a converted Sheraton hotel, which is brilliant when you think about how it can work for an age-in-place/memory care community. It's larger, more residents and has more couples they can socialize with. Learn more on the website. It looks like a hotel, but once the apartments are furnished with your own furniture, they feel like home. We saw both models and actual apartments that residents gave their permission to look in. It's kind of neat if you can get one on floors that overlook LBJ or high enough to avoid having a view of lower rooftops. However, when you're sitting down you see sky not rooftop views. The walls are concrete so it's actually quiet! There are various size layouts and they liked the Jamestown. Con: Their floor plans aren't complete with measurements of walls so you have to go back and measure yourself to figure out your exact furniture. They have different sizes based on location I guess. There are 3 separate outdoor areas, and the center area is beautiful with flowers, plants, an herb/vegetable garden, a fountain, grill and benches, all viewable from the lobby and dining room. They have concerts there weather permitting, and ballrooms to utilize for morning exercise and author visits, classes, dances, etc. The other larger outdoor area has a large fountain, putting green, and sitting area but not much else. The other you have to go through Memory Care and remember a code to get outside to a green path to a gazebo and active garden area. One of the residents who keeps up the garden showed us what he was growing. I loved it. That is a big thing for me to have that in case they want to participate. On the 2nd floor of Memory Care, they have a gardening patio off the living room which I liked. They show old movies regularly too. The dining room is large and like a hotel dining room. Everyone lines up their walkers against the wall, it's light and bright. Many tables had groups of friends, or singles or couples. People were very social and one group was laughing, which I hadn't seen in 5 other visits to assisted living communities! They have happy hours with beer and wine on Fridays in their bar area, and that day there was a senior group choir from the Jewish Community Center performing after lunch. The food: an every day menu then the chef's lineup for lunch: 3 dishes and a "chef's special." Dessert choices are full out or gluten/sugar free and I had the latter twice and they were good. The male resident ordered specific things from the special but just 2 things and it was accommodated. All the food was tasty, perfectly portioned and a bit of a step up from any of the other communities except for Monticello West. They have the onsite salon but you pay out of pocket for services. There seemed to be enough waitstaff so the wait wasn't too terribly long for the residents as I've seen it elsewhere. Price-wise, internet, landline, laundry, cable, weekly basic cleaning, etc. is covered in your rent but there is a pet deposit though. Each apartment comes with a microwave and small refrigerator. You can paint your rooms but there is a fee to do so. Emeritus, depending on the location, allows you either to customize walls or choose from a list of customizations for floors/walls. There was a giant fish tank by the dining room, which will replace my Dad's small one. For them, it had all the right things: Apartment, get to live together until they can't anymore then move to memory care, a hotel feel outside of your apartment so it's like a vacation, more ability to meet and socialize with like-minded couples (some smaller communities only had 2 or 4 couples in the entire place), lots of things to do onsite, and the food is good with lots of choices, there are lots of activities and places to go in and outside, and the professional care. As the male resident shared, "Each caregiver is a person. Some care a lot, some less so. Nobody's perfect but I'm happy with the care for my wife, the first memory care resident who is now in hospice for 2 years." My Dad is still driving so he'll get a free parking space and back entrance. Choosing a place for your parents or for yourself is best done as a team when they are ready to start the beginning of a new life and let go of the old that's not working for them anymore. Windsor got them excited about this prospect, and I'm excited too. It was tough at first, but my Dad turned a corner and started realizing it was time to make a change. Now he can't wait to get a call with news that their choice room is available. Each of us is different and you have to really do due diligence to find the right fit. It's like Goldilocks- which is "just right?" Windsor was for us. Next I will go through their house with an organizer/planner while they go out of town to visit family and get things ready for an estate sale. Then I'm going to learn about renting their home and becoming a property manager if the finances make sense, in order to get an income stream going for them. Lot's of work ahead but I'm really excited for them as I believe they'll thrive in this environment after an adjustment period of big change. Right now I think they're struggling.

Nice inside, but lots of tr...

Nice inside, but lots of traffic noise, OK interior courtyard. Hotel

Keep Looking

a converted hotel. dingy, old look on the inside. it's relatively clean, but so outdated looking - almost depressing! staff is nice. ran into the owner, he took the time to talk, but seemed superficial and arrogant. food is ok. location is ok, but too much construction going on in the area right now.

Our #1 choice. 3 very clea...

Our #1 choice. 3 very clear levels of memory care. Outstanding staff. Excellent food. Good excursions and activities and outside areas. Very flexible about working with you. Large facility that won't make residents feel trapped or cramped. Lots of nooks and crannies for sitting or socializing.

Good: 1. LOVE that they h...

Good: 1. LOVE that they have 3 levels of memory care, if/when that would be needed. 2. Good location for all to visit.

AMAZING!!!

I am in love with the Windsor! The staff - I don't think they can be beat anywhere in Dallas. They are amazing at the Windsor! They have everything. They're keeping my mother busy and creating things that she wants to do. They're taking her interests into account. It's amazing. My mother loves it there too. She's in a big apartment on the 10th floor with 1000sq ft. The care is absolutely unbeatable all the way from owner and managers down to the caregivers. She fell and broke her arm and by the time we got back from the hospital they upped her care to check on her every two hours. You don't have to change apartments to get the care level change. It's unbelievable.

They have entertainment there everyday, live entertainment at least every other day. They have bingo, crafts - you name it!

I just can't say enough good about the staff and the facility. They call everybody by name. It's amazing. I don't know how they do it. The med staff, the caregivers, you don't even have to ask for them to do something they just do it.

Lots of noise from LBJ high...

Lots of noise from LBJ highway high air pollution also. Converted hotel.

I liked this facility and i...

I liked this facility and it is a good mid location for family. The rooms were not as large for the price as the Atria and Town Village. I like the medication availability onsite and that it has both IL ans ASL options. will be on the final visit list

Other communities don't compare

The entire reason we chose this community for our loved one is their memory care unit is divided by the resident’s ability. Residents with higher ability to move around and socialize are put together. In the time that he has been at the community he seems to be adjusting remarkably well. The residents have individual rooms and are encouraged to keep a lanyard around their necks that has a GPS and a key card to their room so that they could lock their room. We looked at 6 other communities and none of them compared to Windsor. It is very posh and beautiful but to us the biggest selling point was the separation between abilities.

Been here twice and like it most of a...

Been here twice and like it most of all so far.

We loved this one! The facility is g...

We loved this one! The facility is gorgeous and the rooms were really extra nice.

AL & ALZHEIMER'S Newly renovated Hot...

AL & ALZHEIMER'S Newly renovated Hotel--a little confusing floorplan.

Private Pay, Does have VA program ass...

Private Pay, Does have VA program assistance for Dad, I have toured this facility. Very nice.