The Reserve at North Dallas - Dallas, TX

Mom's Care and Comfort

The care at this community. We are happy with the cleanliness of the community. They offer really good meals and I like knowing that my mom is happy with the nice variety. She is enjoying the activities that are offered for her to participate with the other residents. Other families might want to tour this community for the care and the value that is available for a loved one.

My Visit To The Community

This looked like a beautiful community when we toured it. The people we met were nice. This community is centrally located, however it was just a little more expensive than what we were looking for.

The best community you will ever find in DFW for your loved one

I have nothing but praise for The Reserve at North Dallas Senior Living. After an exhaustive search through the entire metroplex for the very best senior living facility for my father, I found this wonderful community. Being extremely selective about the amenities my dad's new home needed to be able to provide him with, I was thrilled to discover he could find everything right there. From the first visit, he and I noticed how considerate and warm the entire staff was and how friendly the other residents were. Not only is the community gorgeous (having had a full face-lift), but it has a full roster of activities, on-site home health, and a great location for shopping and doctors. Medical City is right down the road and transportation for the residents is easy to schedule. We tasted the menu and loved all the choices of food, as well as just plain felt like we were exploring a luxurious resort. My dad has since moved in and is the most content I have ever seen him, with no complaints. For the first time ever, I feel that my father is living a full life in an environment where he is truly cared for and appreciated.

Lovely community

i recently visited the community for my grandmother and the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. i loved that they had an entertainer during mix and mingle. the other residents looked happy to be there as well. it was a little too much out of my budget but i would definitely recommend this community. 5 stars!

Helpful tour guide!

The Reserve at North Dallas was lovely. The staff was all fantastic and we got a good tour of the place. The reason we had to choose another community was the price. The Reserve was out of our budget, but it was a very nice place.

I would not recommend this community.

The community worked with me when I moved in. Things however have not gone as well as I would have hoped. They forgot to run cable into many rooms including mine. It has been about a month since I moved in and I still do not have cable. My room does have a dishwasher, washer and dryer as well as a full size refrigerator. The food is ok but the service to bring it to your room is slow. Housekeeping has not been to my room yet.

Accommodating

The entire staff is very accommodating, pleasant and personable. They teamed together to create the ideal solution for my mother-in-law which definitely helped make her decision easier.

I would not recommend this community!!

This community is struggling with managerial issues. They have lost a lot of hourly employees so it has caused some issues with response time, however the staff that are currently there are nice. They lost their chef so the food has declined recently. They try to continue to keep the community clean.

The Reserve at North Dallas was amazing!

We loved The Reserve at North Dallas. It was a very immaculate community. The staff that offered the tour were simply wonderful and gracious. We would have chosen The Reserve if it wasn't so far from family. We appreciate the help A Place for Mom gave us!

This was our first choice for independent living!!!

The people we met during our tour were very nice. We were looking at this community for independent living. If mom had not had her fall she wanted to live here. The community was clean and well taken care of.

Some Improvements Needed

The director has just been phenomenal in helping my loved one get adapted to their facility. He has been very friendly. The transportation coordinator has been difficult though and has been exceptionally rude. The medical services can be improved as far as the administration of the medicine. The rest of the staff have been phenomenal however. They also just transferred ownership, so I do not know if things are going to get better or worse.

they let things slip through the cracks

At Town Village North Dallas they let things slip through the cracks. Dad has been there since September 1st and he still isn't signed up for housecleaning service. Other than that things are fine. He has been doing the cleaning himself but they really need to get things going here.

Seeing is believing.

Our mom has visual disabilities. Town Village went above and beyond to ensure she was able to function on her own in her new home. From placement, in regard to dining, activities, and accessibility to outside, to renovating her home in a manner conducive to her visual needs. Our family, including mom, could not be happier with our decision.

maid service is lacking a bit

The property itself is ok. There is a fancy new one that is built now... In terms of cleanliness, there are some improvements to be done... I spoke to the housekeeping person and they cleaned my father in-law's the room, but half way. Overall. the maid service seems to be lacking a bit and the kitchen is a bit understaffed. They have to order their food, wait a long time and the food is not so good. They do offer some activities like bingo and card games. I have not seen any new programs, but they have movies and outings. My father in-law hasn't signed up for any programs yet.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at [removed] or email us at [removed] to discuss them in greater detail.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We toured quite a few options in the area and this place made it on to our short list! It's a fantastic looking community, the facility itself is well kept and clean and the staff are all very friendly and caring. This community is on the larger side, and we felt that our loved one would be more comfortable in a smaller community, but this is definitely somewhere I would recommend being worth a look!

No Memory Care

No Memory Care

Institutional

While the staff is friendly, they are understaffed and overworked -- especially the dining room staff. The food is institutional -- about like you'd find at an elementary school. Service is slow. On the plus side, the activities director tries to keep residents involved and the staff tries to be responsive.

Overall I think they do a great job h...

Overall I think they do a great job here! It's a nice place, and my loved one seems happy. It is always very clean, and the staff have all been friendly and helpful. I do think there are a few ways they could improve. They didn't do a great job of introducing my loved one to the community socially, and they aren't all that great about communicating the activities that they've got going on.
They've also had a few problems with follow-through on some small things. For example my loved one asked that a pitcher of iced tea be brought to her room for a social gathering she was having, which they agreed to and then whoever was in charge of getting that taken care of must have forgotten.

Nice, but the apt. could use a face l...

Nice, but the apt. could use a face lift. Best food of the ones we have visited.

Really want to go here!!!

Really want to go here!!!