Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Meadowstone Place holds a very special place in the collective hearts of Spectrum Properties. It was our first Retirement Community and a lot of love and tender loving care went into making it the outstanding place it is today…..The Place You Want To Call Home! We have some residents at Meadowstone Place who have been here as long as we have. It seems that once you experience living here with us…..you don’t want to be anywhere else. And why should you? We have so many wonderful things to offer you….not the least of which is the magnificent food, far above others in quality and excellence. And yet, with all of the fabulous food, services and amenities, Meadowstone Place has retained the comfort and feel of a small, tight knit community. A place where people really care about each other and are always willing to lend a hand. We offer Optional Amenities of Dining, Housekeeping, and a Beauty Salon. Give us a call….come for a lunch tour…..experience first hand the Independent Lifestyle that awaits you.

I Found A Great Community

I'm doing fine and I really like the community. There is lots of stuff to do. It is very clean and well organized. We have friendly people here.

Tour and attention

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff team were very nice and friendly to answer the questions we had on the care. The menu was nice and the list of the activiites. We liked the clean community and the know that this would of been a good enviroment. At the time of the tour thet did not have the room that we were wanting. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Nice tour. Does not meet our needs at this time.

On an overall basis they are excellent. However like everything nothing is perfect, but they at the office they try hard to be perfect.

I moved here two months ago. It was the easiest adjustment I could have hoped. Everyone was so friendly & welcoming it felt like home immediately. After touring many options, I know I made the Right Choice.

Love it!

There is always something to do.

Large Apartment.
Great staff very caring – happy.
So kind & pleasant to everyone. So many trees – lovely flowers & plants. The food is great, chef will help you if you are on a special diet.
So many activities for anyone to choose your favorites. My favorite is all special speakers from the college.

Disappointed

My husband and I have been at meadowstone less than a year. When we first came here, we really liked it. This is the 8 things that have happened that has changed our minds:
1) first, rates were increased......on rent, food, and housekeeping. ...ok that usually happens.
2) Next we had a very hard-of-hearing neighbor upstairs that put her TV on the loudest setting, and would not use her hesring aids...we reported it several times, and were told by the office that she would be spoken to. When we asked, when it continued, that she was hard of hearing, and that they certainly couldn't make her move....we never said anything about her moving, just that the noise level was extremely loud. She finally moved out.
3) then we were flooded by the neighbor beside us....maintenance told us that the man had admitted to leaving his shower running for about 30 minutes. There was lots of water, and hard on us having to move stuff out of the flooded area, which was an inconvenience.
4) One week later, it happened AGAIN...same neighbor, same story. This caused a lot of frustration, because NO one wanted to assume any responsibility for damage done. Most of the items that we had were in plastic, but an expensive sheepskin rug got wet, and began to mold, the cleaning bill was $101.++. It would be nice to be reimbursed for that.
5) The second time that we called, we left a message that it didn't appear to be as bad as the week beofre and it was a holiday on monday, so we expected to have maintenance on tuesday. Well, I was just getting out of the shower on saturday morning, when I heard someone coming into my apartment. Since I had understood that no one would come in while we were not home, not answering the door, I was very surprised to open my bedroom door a couple of inches, and find a strange man that was NOT one of our regular maintenance guys, right there...on his way into my bedroom/bathroom!. I was frightened and upset. I did not get any communication from the office, until I called to let management know that I was scared and upset several days later. I have not talked with a single person who said that they would not have been frightened!
6)Next, since we have the doctor visit us here at the complex, which is a great convenience, I had been in the room with my doctor for about ten minutes, the door was opened wide and a member of management asked if he was ready for the next one....she had a person who did not live here and her DIL. I was speechless! That is a violation of privacy! I would never, ever walk in on a doctor-patient, and quite frankly, don't know anyone who would! I called main office, twice! And left messages, and never received a phone call back.
I had decided to not write a review,
7) but Friday, October 14, we had a flooded bathroom from faulty plumbing upstairs. This caused the linens in the closet to get wet along with bath rugs...pretty agravating when they had to cut a big hole in the bathroom ceiling to get to the faulty part...the ruined sheetrock that came down was black...black as tar...which says that there had been leaking for a long time to be that black.
8) my cabinets in the kitchen also had several places that did not get painted, and the fiberboard under the counter top was flaking off in splinters, and the cabinet doors were not closing properly. ( they still don't). The guys that fixed this problem did a good job.
In conversations with friends and neighbors, we are being told that there is a lot of problems here....no hot water, no water pressure, etc. But, we do have really nice landscaping!
I hate having to put this, but you said you wanted honesty, and this is all true. I have pictures, and will gladly answer any questions that you might have.

Great Senior Independent Living

My mom has been here now for at least 3 years and she considers it home. She does not want to go anywhere else. The staff is awesome. They call the daughters if there is an issue. It has just been a completely great experience for my mom between my sister's location and mine.

Exemplary Community

We have worked closely with Meadowstone Place for over 2 years. Our experience with the residents, management and staff have been exemplary. I have recommended the property to several individuals within our client network and their response has been the same. I look forward to a very long relationship with this property.

Won over

My wife was reluctant to sell home and move to retirement community but once moved in she is on the team. The inhabitants are all friendly, all of the employees are great and always in good humor. We're for the duration.

Exceeds all expectations.

I relocated my mother to Meadowstone Place in late-August 2015. After one year, the facility, staff, operations, activities, etc. have completely exceeded any of our expectations. This facility is a true hidden gem in the ocean of retirement community options in the Dallas area.

Consistently well maintained. Broad array of activities. Good dining options/program. Very, very attentive staff. Very convenient location. Good security. Good amenities on the property.

Would offer 6-stars if this was an option.

A safe and beautiful place to call Home

This is my third year living at Meadowstone Place.I have found a home and a second family here. My children live out-of-town but are comfortable knowing I am happy, that I feel safe, that I am busy doing things I enjoy with people who are bright and interesting and still full of life. I have a full kitchen that allows me to cook and bake but if I want company I can always choose to sit down in the dining room with friends for a pleasant meal prepared by the chef. The apartment is spacious, comfortable and well appointed with crown molding and recessed lighting. The grounds and gardens are beautiful and I can spend time working in the vegetable garden or planting flowers around my front and back doors. When I step out either my front or my back door I step into the out of doors not a hallway which makes me feel like I am in a house. It is a quiet and beautiful place to live.

KEEP ON GETTING ON

As soon as my wife and I saw this place and met the staff and residents, we immediately said we wanted to belong. We have been here 7 months and we are not only pleased, but we are overjoyed and blessed that The Lord brought us here. All of the previous reviews that I have read echoes my feelings exactly. This facility would not be as great as it is if it were not for the staff. The happiness reflected by the residents is the direct results of the management that cares for us and pays attention to details and our needs. I am happy to write this review and share my feelings with future residents looking for the perfect place to retire and share life with us.

Full of Heart

This staff works so hard to make sure that we are taken care of. I was recently diagnosed with cancer. When I got the news, over the phone, I was in the exercise room. I immediately went looking for Lawana. When I didn't find her, I went home to cry. She called me about 5 minutes later. She and Jennifer came to my apartment, hugged me, and allowed me to vent. They didn't have to do it. They were there for me and took a long time with me. This is why this place is so special. They care with their hearts. The activities planned are so great too. They work so hard.

Outstanding

Outstanding in all ways. Solid original construction in a beautiful green setting, carefully maintained. Attentive, caring staff with a low turnover. Management company and owners are local, a plus if you have ever dealt with a national company that is investor-oriented. Community of friendly people support a social atmosphere that is very positive. Transportation is scheduled for all needs, and there is ample parking for drivers. Apartments have nice kitchens for independent living, with lunch meals at center and frequent activities with food. Extensive and varied activities. Many residents use walkers or wheelchairs; aging in place is handled through home health services. My son's family from far away loved staying here in a guest room for a summer visit. A happy place.

Truly a Dallas Diamond!!

Our parents moved to Meadowstone Place about 5 years ago. My siblings and I researched many places in the North Dallas area. What appealed to our entire family most is that, even though these are apartments, the minute you see one of the units, you realize that these are homes in a lovely neighborhood full of trees. The units each have a front and back door and a fenced patio. Our Mom loves to keep plants and flowers all year long so this is perfect for her and she can see them from her kitchen. There are activities for every kind of interest and you can participate as little or as much as you would like. Even after we lost Dad, Mom would not think of moving anywhere else. Actually, the staff makes Meadowstone Place what it is. It is apparent that they love what they do. The care and thoughtfulness in all they do is outstanding. We love visiting Mom and the staff know us all by name . We like to think of them as an extension of our family. We know she is safe there and we appreciate that there is an active Dallas Police Officer that always lives on the premises. We could not be more pleased to have our Mom living in Meadowstone Place.

Downsized and moved here 3 months ago. Cannot be happier. Both residents and staff are overtly anxious to help in anyway they can.
I have met many of the residents since arrival, and not a single one of them has ever had a negative comment about their life here (except, maybe "What took me so long?").
PS: My dog is as happy as I am. A world full of new friends and smiling faces.

Happy with Meadowstone

Very safe and pleasant home-like environment. The apartments are very spacious. The community is small enough for the staff to get to know the residents. Pet friendly too! The residents seem really happy. The activities are interesting and help the residents get to know one another.

My dad is so happy at Meadowstone Place and that makes me happy!

My father has been living at Meadowstone Place for several years and we are so happy! They take wonderful care of their residents -- there is really a "family" feel and I know my dad is in a safe, fun, friendly environment. I tell all of my friends who are looking for a senior residence for their parent(s) to check out Meadowstone Place first -- it's got everything to have that feel of independence, surrounded by a community of love. Thank you Meadowstone!!

More than we could ask for!

My mother -in -law has enjoyed Meadowstone Place for more than a year now! She moved to Dallas and was not familiar with the area and didn't know anyone. Now, she is so busy we have to plan far in advance to get on her schedule! The staff is friendly and helpful and we couldn't be more pleased with her apartment and the entire facility. There is something for everyone at this facility. I am continually surprised by all the small details Meadowstone Place has thought of - doctors that come to the facility, lectures and outings. She is safe, secure and enjoying life at Meadowstone Place.

Glad to be here

We have lived here for 4 months and loving it. Our neighbors are friendly, our apartment is pretty and plenty of room for our things. Even our little dog loves it. Plenty of places to walk. We love walking here because of the flowers along the walks. It is so peaceful. And we usually see a neighbor to stop and chat with. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Everyone seems to go out of their way to be of help. If something needs fixing in our apartment, there is never a long wait. The food is delicious and we can choose if we want to eat in the clubhouse or eat in our apartment. Lots of entertainment available and trips to local restaurants on the Meadowstone bus. We are so glad we made this move.

Great Place

My mother has lived here for 3.5 years and we have really appreciated the way she has been cared for. Even though she lives independently, the staff watches out for their residents and inquires if any concerns. It was a transition for my mother moving from another state, but she has come to enjoy the facility and we are thankful that it is close to us and safe for her. She takes advantage of the on-site hair salon and apartment cleaning service that is offered as well as the daily lunches.

A hidden gem

Residents are very friendly and welcoming. Many activities on and off the property in which to participate if one chooses. Very large, quiet apartments. Staff is especially helpful and prompt to answer questions, concerns or take care of problems. Committees for all kinds of interests and a resident council allowing for input.
Location is within 2 miles of several different grocery stores, shopping, and restaurants. Convenient to downtown Dallas and all major highways.
So happy to have found this gem.

A short tour

We had a nice tour but it was not what we wanted. Staff did not offer any of the meals. The community was very clean and staff were nice to us. We wanted a closed location. We would recommend this community.

Very nice facility, lovely spacious apartments for very reasonable cost.

Meadowstone Place-Dallas, Tx

Terri gave us a very nice tour. The apartment we saw was very spacious and clean. She answered all our questions, except for the price, which she did not want to misquote, so asked us too call Lawana to discuss that. Since we would either have to purchase the meals there, or cook our own, and pay the utilities, it was a bit too expensive for us according to the price we had been given before going on the tour. It was located in a nice neighborhood, but just did not seem to fit our budget.

Feels like a home

Apartment home community. It feels like a home. Privacy when you want it. Marvelous food when you do not want to cook. The chefs are exceptional with planning and preparing tastey cuisine with nutritional variety!

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Excellent management and service to residents.
Good location
Great entertainment
Good food
Friendly retirement center
Handy beauty salon

Review of Meadowstone Place -Dallas, TX

Without a doubt, having visited and checked many senior living facilities here. This is the greatest place anywhere! Anyone else residing here will agree! We have won previous awards, and all have been deserving.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

The staff is great. They are attentive to everyone's needs and very hands on.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Wonderful, bright, friendly place to live. It is certainly a family here. Everyone of the staff makes you feel wanted and welcomed.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

This is here for a wonderful apt., food, and staff. Here at Meadowstone could not be a better place. Lots to do, places to go, life is great at Meadowstone. I looked at 7 retirement centers before this one.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

I returned from out of state after 7 weeks of living wit ha relative and moved here on August 7th, August 8th was my first night (2014). I had a few moments at first when I had my doubts! But now have so many friends, I love it here. I hope to here for a long time.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Meadowstone is a very nice, well-kept community that takes great care of all of its residents. There are always plenty of activities for residents to participate in and get to know their neighbors. All of the staff are very nice and do a fantastic job in their positions.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Meadowstone Place is outstanding in every respect.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

There are many accolades that I could write here but not not enough space. The personnel from the director to the maintenance personnel are the caring, efficient, loving...the list could go on. I moved from St. Louis one year ago and am so happy in my new home!!! The word Home describes Meadowstone the best! Throw in the word Community and you have a near perfect place to live.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

I've lived here six years. After one year at another senior residence.

Meadowstone Place has a number of advantages that makes it special - size of apt, food, food payment, activities, locationn and very congenial residents!

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Love this place!! What a great place to reside. Love the food, activities, and all the employees!

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

I have lived in this community since July 1, 2013. It's a terrific place to reside. Every staff member is attentive, friendly and caring. Everything from the food, activities and equipment is first rate.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Thee people here are so wonderful! We have great programs - food and the activities are so wonderful. Something for every person.

Lived here 6 years!

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

I love it here. Everyone is so great!! Been here 4 years.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

I have lived here 7 years and it is so great!!

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

My husband and I have lived here for just a year. The time has gone so fast. There are more activities than we can fit in. The food is delicious and pleniful.

It is located near stores and doctors. We can either drive or take Meadowstone's bus.

Have taken our bus to several functions. Nice not worry about parking at big events.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

We moved to Meadowstone in late June, and everything I have to say is positive. The staff is helpful and gracious. One can partake in as many or as few activities as one wishes. Or one can abstain from any activity. Regarding the activities, there are a lot to choose from. My husband and I are extremely occupied and happy here at Meadowstone.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Maintenance is very good - exceptionally! All people here want to help you. And care about you. We do have the choice for eating in the dining room or at home. The breakfast is indeed in the rent. So you do not have to wonder. The people in the front office are outstanding.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

People are friendly all the person who walk here are helpful, care, friendly. The maintenance people are outstanding. They fixe in no time. The food is good and the service is good too.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Enjoy the activities, especially jewelry class.

Fun with the games.

The varied programs, music, book reviews etc. are all very good.

I need pool exercises (appreciate that it is available) as well as exercise 6x a week.

Excellent hospitality - cheery atmosphere - friendly people

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Community staff are great. Helpful at all times. My only complaint is the "bumpy" rides. Need a new bus.

Nancy Davison

The best!!

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

I like Meadowstone - the apt. is great & when I had a door problem, it was taken care of promptly!

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Meadowstone is just the right size! It is in a beautiful neighborhood with large oak trees and green lawns. Just 2 story high back doors and front doors for all apartments. The food is super!! Kind kind staff.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Wonderful place to live and I love it.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

I've lived here less than a year overall it has exceeded my expectations. Everything is clean & personale are friendly, courteous & helpful.

Nathan (transportation) is exceptionally competent, poliate, and considerate.

A new bus is really needed! Only negative "The Food"

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

I moved to Meadowstone in Feb. 2014. After the death of my husband, I was tired, scared and lonely. The staff is so kind and caring. Almost immediately, I felt secure and accepted. There are so many activities, wonderful, library, bus transportation. Close medical facilities and independent life style is perfect for me.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

There is a lot I like about this community - first, is the staff, we have top notch maintenance. I like the fact that we have front doors and back doors - no hotel style living.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Meadowstone management is always looking to help out residents with fun, productive and interesting programs. Also the property is always maintained and managed professionally.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

This is a wonderful place to live. It meets all of my needs physical, emotional, mentally, and yes, spiritually. I do not intend to live any other place. The staff meets all our needs.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

I have lived here for seventeen years and hope I never have to leave. The staff has always been very supportive and caring.

Review of Meadowstone Place - Dallas, TX

Beautiful staff, so accommodating. Wonderful friends and neighbors. It's centered around the diversity of the resident in selecting activities. We are included in the appearance of Meadowstone. We garden, keep our little space neat, our home decorated to our taste and share plants.

Everything is fantastic.

Best value for the money!

I have never lived in an apartment where the management has been so very, very helpful and friendly. The facility is older but well kept. If there is anything that needs fixing or just checking, someone is there to take care of it quickly. The layout of the apartments are terrific. This is a great value for the price. I would not hesitate to recommend the Meadowstone Place retirement facility.

They are awesome!

They are awesome! I don't have any concerns at all. They are wonderful. I want to give them a ten out of five! They are fantastic. I can't say enough.

Lawana Dance

Thank you for the awesome review! You made our day! Lawana and the team!

Lawana Dance

THANK YOU! We love it and especially the "ten out of five"!!! We are here is you need anything.

5 Star Senior Living!

My Parents love living here! First class all the way!

Dream home for your Parents!

My parents have now been living at Meadowstone Place almost 2 yrs and after 40 yrs of being in their home was concerned if they (my Mother) would ever feel 'at home', but the apt, staff, surroundings, neighbors, activities, have made them both feel right at home. They are both very happy at Meadowstone. My Dad is more active with exercise and activities than he's been in years and loving it! The staff and shuttle driver (Nathan) go out of their way to assist the residents and let them know that they truly care. I doubt there is one resident that they do not know well. I highly recommend Meadowstone Place to anyone searching for non-assisted living for their parents. Is a beautiful and wonderful place to live!

Best of The Best

This was a tough decision for particularly my Mother after leaving their home of over 40 yrs but both love this Community, the Staff, Nathan the shuttle driver is over the top The Best, the activities and work out classes and facilities. Cannot say enough about the positive experience my parents are having at Meadowstone Place!!!

Great experience

Lawana was very helpful during our entire experience. From getting the lease signed to lining up movers for us. Always smiling and willing to do whatever we needed.

Meadowstone was our choice

We have been pleasently suprised so far. Meadow Stone was not actually on the radar when we started looking for an apartment for my mother, "A Place for Mom" was very helpful in getting us to the Arena of our level of services that we were looking for. The staff here has been just wonderful, any issues that have arisen have been promptly addressed.

I Found a Home at Meadowstone Place

I had been living for a few years at a facility which was becoming an increasingly poor match for me. They were beginning to admit new residents that were less and less capable and I was finding myself surrounded by older and older people. It was tending to dilute the activities and made it harder to find and make new friends. Plus the rent kept rising higher and higher each year and I no longer considered it reasonable. I looked at 2 places recommended by A Place for Mom. The first was very nice but just did not feel right for me. The second place I visited felt immediately right. The apartment was lovely and in a great configuration, larger by square feet than my previous apartment. The management was very friendly and the people there came right up and introduced themselves and asked about me and told me about themselves. This was an alert group. The person who came with me also felt the apartment and the arrangement looked very good. And the price was substantially lower than what I had been paying before. And here I only had to pay for the meals I ate. And now with a full kitchen available to me I could go back to cooking for myself again. Something I had been missing and unable to do in that little partial kitchenette I had before. Even my own washer and dryer! Everything I wanted and at a lower price. And it just felt right, I belonged here.

We toured this residence Sa...

We toured this residence Saturday afternoon and Mom was very impressed with the size and storage of one of the units. She liked the amenities and planned activities. The location was more to her liking. Everything seemed to be well maintained. She liked the outdoor space and that she would be able to have some flowers or a small garden, in addition to the community garden area. Although the price was a little high, Lawana informed her of a military assistance program that might help with the rent. She also liked the onsite beauty shop because she likes to get her hair done weekly. She likes to cook but likes the option of having meals delivered if she ever needs that service. This one is the highest on her list. She will keep in contact on this residence.

We really liked this facility, but th...

We really liked this facility, but they didn't provide transportation to our doctors/specialists at Baylor Plano. So we've kind of put them on hold.