The Wellington at Arapaho - Richardson, TX

Get plugged in to The Wellington at Arapaho, where residents can experience luxury and style in a supportive environment in the Telecom Corridor. Our Independent Living and Assisted Living community in Richardson boasts the comforts of home with walk-in closets and wall-to-wall carpet in spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans. The Wellington offers the privacy and freedom to live the way residents choose in cozy surroundings with desired amenities. At the same time, it offers companionship coupled with a strong sense of community and friendship. Say goodbye to the worries of living alone, home maintenance and housework. Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle with happy hours, knitting club, restaurant-style meals and housekeeping and flat-linen services. Our caring and professional staff members provide a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with some of the activities of daily living. We encourage independence and promote the privacy each of our residents expect and deserve. Our convenient location, less than 30 minutes from downtown Dallas in an affluent inner suburb, provides residents with a wide spectrum of dining, shopping and entertainment venues.

Older facility, but totally remodeled. Staff very helpful and nice. Food OK but very repetitive. Not good with actually holding scheduled events (chair exercise, crafts, etc.) in the Assisted Living part. Good value. I recommend.

Too Much Walking

We loved this place it was nicely decorated and extremely clean and well maintained. The staff was wonderfully helpful and kind. However, we just felt that it was a little too large for dad gave a feeling of being disoriented. For my dad, there would just be too much walking for him.
Another issue that had me concerned was their pricing structure there was a flat room fee but everything else was an add on price so what you thought would fit in your budget after everything else was added on could put you way out of your budget.

A peaceful community.

The residents at this community are friendly. They say hello and some know my name. The staff are wonderful. They are knowledgable and helpful. The food is good and they do offer some daily activities. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it.

Different Environment But Good Place

The care is doing great for my loved one. The meals are different for my loved one but she has found substitutions. It is a clean community and her room is clean too. The staff are absolutely good to speak with and give the right care.

My Mom Loves the Meals

Everything is going very well for my mother here at this community. She is being cared for well, and I know she is in good hands here. The staff are pleasant and very helpful. There are plenty of activities available for the residents to participate in. She is very pleased with the meals. The is a lovely community, and everything has worked out great for us here. I'am satisfied and would recommend this community.

I would not recommend this community !!

This community did absolutely horrible taking care of my loved ones. There was never a nurse available at the facility nor was there anyone ever there to distribute the residents medications to them. I cant put into words the lack of care my parents received at Wellington, I would never recommend this place to anyone looking for additional care for there loved ones.

Excellent Care!

My mom is very happy here at her new home. She loves that community and the excellent staff that are always so nice and helpful. This community is very clean and beautiful in every area. The food is outstand and a great variety to choose from. Wonderful activies are available. We would highly recommend this for other families.

Excellent Care

My mother is receiving excellent care from the wonderful staff at this community. The staff makes to feel like your at home. Other patients make you feel welcome when you arrive and they also look out for each other. Activites are wonderful and field trips are offered. Excellent meals are available to everyone. The rooms and grounds are very clean at all times. The community is highly recommended to wonderful care.

My mother and her brother lived there for 4 months and they were not happy so they moved back at home with my husband and I. The people were nice just had their clicks. Funny at that age going to dining room was like going into one at high school. The apartment had been completely remodeled and was very nice and everything in there was new. There were not that many activities they were interested in.

Review of The Wellington at Arapaho - Richardson, TX

Staff was very kind and friendly did not see a lot of residents. (most likely napping after lunch). Loved that they have the ability to move into assisted care for a few days if needed. Lots of help with maneuvering the VA Benefits process.

Mom is happy

Mom has been at the Wellington for about 2 1/2 months now. She has really enjoyed the food, the friends, and the entertainment. The staff there has been friendly and helpful. She loves her cleaning lady. We are glad we chose this facility.

artificial welcome

Artificial welcome, false hope, heartbreaking to elderly, hidden fees, [removed]. I will publish my experience being at the wellington. The place is lovely, around the corner and convenient.

You get overwhelmingly excited for discounts but hidden fees drown you. If you talk with your heart then expect it to be broken. Upon completion of agreement make sure if its for real or is it just a game. It's more of business to their liking.
Even at the move in date, ask yourself, is this for real?

I'm terribly hurt, saddened. Smoking is allowed but must be escorted. I was so looking forward, and quickly made arrangements. But they discarded my Father due to being smoker. Then why allow agreement in the first place.

Very sweet, welcoming, nice place, I couldn't believe the discount offered. (I thought my prayers were answered). an agreement, paid deposit of $500.00. All set, immediately I flew my folks over from another city, which was 9 hours away. I had well informed them my father was a smoker, had been for more than 50 years, quite healthy 82 year old fellow. Just had a birthday day before on 23rd nov.
sad n shocking part was, there are many hidden fees which truly adds up, they don't mention to you upfront. The marketing director knew, I had financial difficulties and that I was trying to meet there quotes. They quickly makeup their mind, don't give you a chance and dump you. I felt terribly played, there was no sincerity. Nothing felt genuine, little personal talks felt like garbage. I thought and prayed, what is this!
I cried, broke down, couldn't really have lunch. I am shocked, my mum was really sad tearful that all arrangements had been broken. They said it was the smoking not allowed, yet her coworker had already made an agreement to take my father out for smoking. So why have excuse, just say it, it's this much once upon agreement. Then I wouldn't have sent for my folks. Wellington do you know what emotional pain is? Or rather, do you know what it tis, to love your folks unconditionally? ! And whatever savings you have, you hope your father feels home. That thousands of dollars was not ample enough for you. Assisted homes is more business, there is no heart in the matter.

We will continue our search after touring the Wellington at Arapaho. The sales consultant was very friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms we viewed were adequate, but nothing out of the ordinary. We didn't see much activity or other residents out, but our tour did begin at 10:00 am on a Saturday. The lady at the front desk was somewhat unfriendly and said the sales rep was giving a tour to another family when we arrived at our scheduled time and said we could wait. She appeared irritated we scheduled the appointment through "A Place for Mom." Our first impression was not good, but the sales rep did improve our initial impression. We did not like that both assisted and independent living areas are in the same building complex. I won't go into detail, but that was a problem for our mother in another facility in which she lived. As stated previously,we will continue our search.

Friendly staff and residents. Restaurant style dining.
Pull cords in bedroom and bathroom. The one bedroom apartments are well designed and have a full kitchen. It had the feel of a place one could call "home."

5 Stars!

My loved one loves it here! She says she hasn't been this happy in years. Everyone is introducing themselves to her and inviting her to different activities. She really feels at home. The Wellington at Arapaho is excellent. This is a really nice community. I am glad that my loved one is comfortable and enjoys it here.

Fantastic Staff, so friendly & welcoming

Thank you for helping my Mom feel so at home and Happy! She loves the Staff and her new neighbors. The first visit was so nice and she instantly loved Trish. I think she has finally found the perfect place with so many activities and kind folks. She feels at home here, thank you. Kathy

Their activities director was wonderfu

We eventually had to move because this was out of our price range. They were very good, everyone was nice, and it was clean. The food was good, but best of all was the activities. Their activities director was wonderful, and always had something going on. I wish I could have taken her with me when we moved.

above and beyond

We had a problem with the air conditioner, and they went above and beyond to get it fixed, having to pull it a part four times over the course of two weeks. They were very responsive when mom was complaining about the temperature, and followed up regularly with me. It has been a very positive experience.

My experience with Wellington at Arap...

My experience with Wellington at Arapahoe has been good. My mom is happy. I'm satisfied with their services. I'm overall satisfied with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, and care they provide.

The rooms were very small

The rooms were very small, and we only got to see the studio, they didn't have a one bedroom open to view. Without being able to see the actual room I was looking at, I didn't want to commit. They didn't have as many residents here as the place we chose.

Facilty and activities are...

Facilty and activities are wonderful. Halls are too long and dark. Hard to tell where you are. Rooms were forgettable for the money and quite small. I was disappointed, as this was my first choice going in... Not sure about assisted living since there is no separate bedroom, which makes it seem more institutional that residential.

The Wellington

We now have my mother in law at the Wellington. We feel it is a very nice and friendly place. Cost wise We feel it is a good value for the money knowing all are expensive.
They were very helpful with helping us find a good mover.
Also, moving day everyone was friendly and helpful. Since moving in they have had some one come to check to see how my Mother in law was doing or going with her to meals. I would recommend the Wellington.

Rooms are too small

Rooms are too small

Great Value

The Wellington was the best decision for our situation. They offer a great value for what we are getting. I like that it wasn't too big and overwhelming. The community has a very quiet and comforting atmosphere. The staff here is super super sweet. We are very pleased with them.

Breakfast is not included, but compli...

Breakfast is not included, but complimentary contintal breakfast is.

nice place

nice place

Beautiful facilities. Residents seem ...

Beautiful facilities. Residents seem to be enjoying lunch; show tunes playing in lobby.

Actually had a deposit on room here a...

Actually had a deposit on room here a couple of weeks ago. Took her for a lunch visit. She was not impressed. I liked it, but staff seemed to be off.

Cats are allowed. Low turn over; acti...

Cats are allowed. Low turn over; activities director has been there for 2.5 years and when she moved from previous location, 10 other residents followed her. Director has been there 7.5 years.

Very nice; Separate IL and AL wings...

Very nice; Separate IL and AL wings. Dinged on State inspection. Enjoyed lunch with residents. Mom really likes it.

Nice facility. I remember being impre...

Nice facility. I remember being impressed by the show tunes playing in the lobby and people gathered visiting one another.