The Waterford on the Bay - Brooklyn, NY

The facility seemed very sterile and institutional looking. It had a very strong odor of cleansing materials. Good to know that the facility is clean but it made it smell like a hospital, not a home. The furniture looked old, the walls needed painting, etc. All of the residents I saw were using some sort of walking device (canes, walkers, wheelchairs). My mom does not and I think it would be counter productive for her to see so many people less than mobile. The rooms seemed small and cramped. Lastly, while I know she would have some options available for meals, my mom is a picky eater and a heavily kosher menu would also be a problem for her.

We arrived without an appointment but the staff was still able to give us a tour. They were very accommodating. My 88 year old friend and I were not impressed by the size of the rooms or the layout of the facility. It felt like a glorified nursing home.

Front desk said there was no record of our scheduling a tour. dining room less nice than Signature room cleaned daily fewer activities library part of the activity room.

Close Care for mom

This is an outstanding and beautiful community for the care of a family member. We toured this community and liked the friendly and caring staff. The menu was appealing and a good healthy variety. The location would have been good for families members, but mom wanting some room for indoor smoking. We liked the activities that would have been an offer to her to participate. We would recommend this community for other families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Clean, cheerful, great location, food looked good, staff friendly. [Removed] is very caring and authentic. Furniture a little dated.

Excellent Assisted Living Facility

My father had the best care at the Waterford Assisted Living Facility. The employees are attentive, thoughtful, caring and I placed my full trust in everyone. The Administration was always helpful and easy to reach. Even the employees who cleaned his room where kind and considerate to my father. Unfortunately, my father passed away, however he was treated so well during his stay at the Waterford and I am forever grateful to them.

I highly recommend the Waterford Assisted Living Facility.

Warm regards,

[Removed]

Great choice for assisted living

We are very pleased with our choice of The Waterford for mom. The staff is attentive and compassionate and the administrator took time to answer all our questions and concerns. The residents are looked after and trhe facility is kept clean and organized. The staff nurse is very attentive & knowledgeable, and mom likes the food. The location is great and we look forward to the warm weather so as to talk a stroll outside.

Great Facility!!

I thought this community was a very well maintained property and had a lot of great amenities to offer all of there residents. They had a wide variety of package options that we could choose from and different apartment arrangements. In the end decision it was just not the right fit for my loved one.

They are caring for him!

My husband is well cared for at The Waterford on theBay. They are able to meet his needs and that was the main thing we were looking for while touring.

I am quite pleased with The Waterford so far. They are taking very good care of my husband and I am pleased with the community. He has been there a little over a month and has adjusted very well, it has been a good experience.

I liked this place very much. The facility is well kept up and comfortable. Family atmosphere in spite of the large size. Lots of activities to accommodate people with individual levels of capability. Price may be within reach for me. Downside is the long commute from Middle Village.

Good food!

My aunt moved here recently per recommendation from A Place for Mom. My cousin said things are going very well so far and my aunt is participating in activities. She really likes the food as well!So far it's been a positive experience.

The Waterford

Very friendly staff, likeable people.Food could use some serious improvements

The residence was clean with many accommodations for the residents. The staff was friendly and professional. The rooms were comfortable and had nice views of the water.

Husband is Well Here

Everything has worked out very well for my husband since his move to this community. It is a very nice facility, and I'am very pleased with all they have done for us. This is a nice community.

Really did not like. Patients calling for help, no one responding. Dining room very institutional. Cold feel and disorganized. Reminded us of one flew over the cookoos nest.

Lisa Sclafani

We are really surprised to here this review. Our staff is very alert and attentive and our dining room is quite lavish. We are an award winning Community and do wish that you would come back and visit again, so that you can see that. We apologize for any circumstance that could have given you this feel during your visit. All the best,

Many Amenities and Activities Offered Here!

One of the reasons why i liked this community was because of all the activities they had to offer. Some of the activities that the tour guide mentioned that they had were yoga, cooking and trivia classes. Not only did they have a lot to offer but, it was a nice place with a positive atmosphere.

This was a great choice for our loved one

We are very pleased with our choice of The Waterford on the Bay for my mother. The facilities are very clean, airy and bright, the staff friendly. Residents are encouraged to participate in the various recreational activities provided as well as encouraged to be as self-sufficient and independent as their individual health condition allows. The management has been very responsive and helpful and are always available to resolve any issues. In summary, I recommend the Waterford for your consideration without hesitation.

The right decision for Mom.

Of course this has been a bit of an adjustment for my Mom since moving into the Waterford but I am confident this is the best place fro her. The staff are very nice and helpful. From the admin to the caregivers everyone has been great! You can tell the staff really care about the well being of the residents which makes it an awesome place to be. Mom really likes the dining experience she has there and really seems to enjoy the food. I am very confident in the decision made for Mom to be at The Waterford and would definitely recommend.

Very nice place

We're very satisfied with how things have turned out at The Waterford on the Bay, they're doing a super job! The staff here is friendly, caring, and very professional. The facility is clean and well kept, and I like that the place feels very open and bright on the inside. There are also no odors to speak of. It's a very nice place, overall.

Toured

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I just wasn't impressed with what I saw at The Waterford. The rooms were small for the price, and the place just didn't feel very welcoming. The residents we saw didn't look particularly happy, and we also didn't like that there was no secure outdoor area.

Overall she is doing well and getting very good care.

Overall she is doing well and getting very good care. The staff seem to be pretty friendly, and responsive to issues we brought up. The toilets were a little low, so we had to get a riser, we had assumed they would be taller. A shared room can be a difficult adjustment.It was very nice, and due to the proximity, and they didn't have that nursing home/hospital smell, the furniture was more up to date, and it was bright. The prices were all comparable.

It Couldn't Be Better

Right from the beginning they were really good. The way the described how my mother would be treated and everything they said about it turned out to be true and great. The location is spectacular because it's on the water. The place is immaculate. Just a great, great experience. I don't think it could be better. I wish we would have done sooner.

they are good

I really think they are good at The Waterford on the Bay. They are very clean at this facility. The value is better than anywhere else really. Mom has only been there briefly as she got ill and had to go to the hospital so this is just based on the brief time she has been there. Overall I am pleased so far.

The food is the biggest problem.

My mother is not happy with it. The food is the biggest problem. I went to go have dinner with my mother once, and it was just terrible. I got sick on that food. The vegetables were mushy. The chicken was hard as a rock. I have to have take-out brought to my mother. It's suppose to be full time care but it doesn't seem like it. They haven't showered her in a week. It seems like they are always looking for tips.

Lisa Sclafani

We are extremely upset to hear this review. We cannot even imagine that this is for The Waterford and we encourage the writer to immediately come in and speak to someone in Administration to rectify these concerns. Our food is of extremely high quality and we would take a report of someone getting sick from it very seriously. We maintain a no tipping policy and enforce it strictly and cannot even imagine our staff asking for a tip. Again, we encourage the writer to visit with us or call us as soon as possible. Every Residents stay here should be and typically is a pleasant one and we try our best to work with anyone who has concerns. We apologize for your unpleasant experience and do hope that we can address the issues.

Not bad so far

My aunt has been living there, even though it's only been a short period of time so far it has gone well for our family!

Patient, accommodating care staff

I think they're doing a great job at The Waterford on the Bay. My loved one can be a bit difficult and is very particular about how he likes things done, but they've been very accommodating when working with him. I also like how much effort they've put into encouraging him to participate in activities, because otherwise he wouldn't normally leave his room very often. We're just very pleased with The Waterford overall!

Waterford Highly Recommended

When we could no longer care for my mom because of increasing agitation and progression of her dementia, we placed her in the Waterford on the Bay on a temporary basis. We were on the wait list for the Sunrise home in Mill basin but a bed was not available. We had a difficult few days and then she settled in. She is in the assisted living with palm care for medication support. The nursing and doctors are very responsive and compassionate. They have adjusted her meds and she is no longer agitated. The recreation staff is excellent at keeping everyone entertained. The aides on her floor are compassionate and caring. Everyone knows her by name including the dietary staff. The administration is responsive. The receptionists are welcoming. In sum this has become a permanent placement.

The dining room for the 5th floor is like a back room somewhere that put tables upon tables with no appeal and crowded. Also the movies they play are all the same every day. Tom Jones show. My mother needs some stimulation. Food can be better.

Lisa Sclafani

We thank you for your input. Please know that the dining room on our memory care floor is located right off the elevator. We do have a full house on our memory care floor so yes, it can seem a bit crowded, but we assure you there is more then enough staff to cater to everyone's needs. We offer a diverse calendar and now that the weather is getting nice, more outdoor activities will be included. Please feel free to visit our Memory Care Coordinator, who can individualize Mom's needs and services for you. We are sorry that you had an unpleasant experience with our food, Janet can help customize Moms likes and dislikes as well. Again, thank you for your feedback. We strive to make everyone's experience the best we can.

Very Clean And Friendly

5 Stars

went on a very rainy day. Person I was to tour with wasn't there. Didn't like look of place and people looked bored. Not a lot of activity.

Lisa Sclafani

We were disappointed to hear this review. We have recently renovated our entire community and our Residents enjoy the decor and amenities that we are proud to offer them. Please feel free to reach out to our admissions department to obtain a copy of our diverse activities calendar and also to come and join in on some activities yourself! Our facebook page also lists some of our events and pictures to enjoy. Thank you for your review.

very well at what they are doing

They have done really well evaluating her and putting her in the right place where she needs to be. They were right on the money to put her in the right place. She is more content here, and even though her disease is progressing, they are very well at what they are doing.

Very satisfied! Highly recommended! Thank you

I am very pleased that my mother is in such a wonderful facility. The level of care, cleanliness, friendliness, and overall quality of service has either met or exceeded my expectations. Despite my mothers condition, she is very happy where she is. She enjoys being involved in the various activities, and feels that she is properly treated when medical conditions arise. Some nice amenities are that they provide her with a full range of beauty services, and she is extremely happy about the religious services available on the sabbath. She is thrilled to sit and have discussions with the attending rabbi. Thank you kindly to all the staff for your hard work and special attention for taking good care of our loved ones.

It was a nice community.

It was a nice community. We never had any concerns with how clean it was or how friendly the staff was. It's hard to give many details since we really weren't there very long. We decided to move somewhere that was a little closer to home, this ended up being a little too far from home.

It was a perfect place for mom

My Mom was a resident for about 6 month and she received most professional and warm care each and every day. I felt confident that she was in good hands and in safe place. If I had to do it all over again, I would chose Waterfort all over again without any hesitation.

A nice Place to live

My parents recently relocated from another assisted living facility. The staff worked very hard to ensure that their transition was seamless. An excellent job was done with their personnel their living space; and they are content.

The nursing staff is sensitive, available and willing to listen. I am most delighted with the individual care given daily to ensure my parents are clean and comfortable.

Although the facility is far from my home, the environment is pleasant with fantastic views of the water.

I have no regrets.

Great Care

My mother was a resident at the facility for the past 8 months of her life . Looking back - I do not have any misgiving as that I could have done better or should have done it differently. She got the best possible care, was treated with respect and dignity .The staff at Waterford was the most cooperative in any and all situations.

Recently visit The Waterford on Bay

Recently tour the Waterford on the bay. My brother and I showed up without an appointment and they were able to tour us. We are not familiar with assisted living but the lady's there were able to explain everything. During our tour we were able to meet with residents and staff. The nurse Kathy was great, she sat with us and answered many questions. This was very comforting to my brother and I. Not sure if mom will qualify for assisted living but if she does we will be being her to the Waterford.

Thank you for taking the time and meeting with us.

Satisfied with the residence

Our mother moved in last spring, after the Prospect Park Residence abruptly forced the seniors out. Jessica, admissions director, was extremely helpful in making the transition seamless. My mom and her home attendants are comfortable with her room & the surroundings. The location is far from family, but the scenic view of the bay and sunny room makes the trip worth it. We feel our mom is safe and well taken care of between her personal home attendants and the Waterford attentive staff.

Seems like a nice place, but not working out

My loved one has only been here a short time so I don't have a lot of experience with them, but they seem to do a good job overall here and have a lot to provide for their resident. Unfortunately my loved one just could not adjust to this new setting. He wouldn't accept any of the help they tried to give him, and said that the other residents were all too old.

Mom is doing great!

We moved Mom into the Waterford now going on 3 months. We have seen a big improvement in her since. She has made a group of girlfriends there and they have similar interests and attend programs together. She was previously in a nursing home for rehab and was in a wheelchair. They have a therapy program at Waterford; Svetlana is the physical therapist, she is amazing. Mom now walks with a cane. She gets her hair done there and seems very happy. She likes the food and the staff all know her and help her with whatever she needs. We can go on vacation now and feel comfortable that Mom is in good hands. Also, there rates were much more reasonable than neighboring places.

Nice place, overall

In general things have gone very well at The Waterford. It's a nice looking, clean community, and the care staff have all been very friendly and helpful. One thing I think they could really benefit from would be to have one specific point of contact for families. I feel like every time I have a complaint or a request I have to speak to 3 different people multiple times before I'm able to get some help. But overall we are pleased with the care here, and would recommend it as an option to others.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience with The Waterford so far! My Mom is having the time of her life! It's a very nice looking community, everything is well kept and clean, and her room is bright and sunny. The staff are all fantastic and know her by name. The care they offer is also very good! We're just very pleased with The Waterford overall, and would definitely recommend it to other families looking into care.

Impressive! Reasonable Rates!

We had a great visit here with Dad. He was impressed with the cleanliness and the decor of the room. He liked the waterfront suites with the walk in showers. We liked the all inclusive rates and we left a deposit for Dad to move in next month. The staff was friendly and we stayed for lunch which was tilapia and creamed spinach which was surprisingly tasty. Wait staff made us feel like we were in a restaurant. So far...so good!

beautiful, friendly and clean place!

beautiful, friendly and clean place!

I thought the place was a nice place.

I thought the place was a nice place. He originally made a good adjustment to it. They were very quick to send him to the hospital for precautionary purposes. The person in charge of the floor was good.

Wonderful Location!

Wonderful location! Everyone there was wonderful too, very helpful to my brother. They tried to find solutions. The view was good and they accommodated my brother with a lovely room. The only thing that I feel could be better is if they integrated younger people. The admissions person Jessica Garcia was tremendously helpful. I think it's a fair price because of everything that is included. There were things to do but nothing that was interesting enough for my brother that was a little more stimulating. It had a fantastic view and was right on the water with a view of the bridge and it's on a street with lots of little restaraunts.

He's younger than most, but it's a good place

The Waterford is very nice, my brother in law is young for that place, he's only 65, I wish they had a medium age but there's no place like that. It's good, it's clean, they give you a lot, there's a lot of activities but of course he doesn't participate in them because they're too old. He has dementia and he has diabetes and they don't call and let me know health things about him. I don't know how assisted livings are supposed to work with that, but that's the only thing. The giving of vitamins is really costly, I can go buy them for him and I've told them but there's so many doctors and nursing I don't think it goes anywhere. I think they're just changing their staff now for some reason.
It's in a beautiful location, it's close to me and it was the water that sold him.

Not Much To Do

My sister is so much worse there than she was. I don't want to blame them for that. She has a debilitating disease but there seems to be very little for them to do there. She just walks around the hallways all day long. Since she's been there she's stopped eating. I'm sure it's not because of their food. They're very nice to her. I have no complaints aobut the staff there. There is just one large dining room which they can sit in during the day and no one really talks, they just sit there. And the room smells because most of them wear diapers. I'm not blaming the people there but I just think the facility doesn't offer them enough. I'm unhappy with it and she doesn't talk much but she's unhappy too.

Felt like a nursing home

Felt like a nursing home

Semi-private is $3200/month. Some ca...

Semi-private is $3200/month. Some care may be included in the base rent. Very nice.

The care was excellent & Dad was happ...

The care was excellent & Dad was happy with the way he was treated however he only wants to be at home.

Dad and I did the tour yesterday. He ...

Dad and I did the tour yesterday. He liked what he saw.

The Waterford on the Bay is Brooklyn’s premier waterfront senior living residence. It is one of the most popular assisted living residences which feature a luxurious, hotel-like atmosphere, five-star concierge assistance, daily housekeeping, and a lavish fine dining room, our mission is to combine first class service to our residents while maintaining the highest standard of care. Residents of The Waterford can enjoy a breath-taking view of the bay from our new waterfront suites. Our 24 hour concierge service adds to the hotel like ambiance while our warm inviting lobby and resplendent facilities contribute to a country club like atmosphere for the senior living community.“The Riviera” dining room employs highly trained chefs with its fine cuisine and white glove waiter service. Featuring soft classic decor and menus inspired by top venues; our residents dine in luxury while enjoying mouthwatering meals customized to their specific diets. Second to none is the experienced, New York State licensed staff that is committed to making sure our residents receive the most comprehensive care available. The dedication and professionalism of our on premise doctors and technicians ensures that all residents receive convenient, top notch services, while our innovative, professionally trained personnel help make our residents stay as comfortable as possible.