Signature Senior Living - Brooklyn, NY

At Signature Senior Living we provide our residents with a wide array of services and amenities to meet each individuals needs while providing a safe and pleasant environment.. We have beautiful rooms to accommodate every budget, starting with semi-privates, privates and even one bedroom apartments!

Here are the Services and Amenities we provide at no extra cost:

Services
3 Gourmet Meals a day – served restaurant style
Snacks
Recreation
Assistance with personal hygiene (Showers)
Medication Management
Weekly Laundry services
Daily Housekeeping services
Speech Therapy
Specialized unique therapeutic program for neurological conditions, aphasia, memory impairment, post stroke…call for more details…
Comprehensive on-site Medical Staff, including Full Time Registered Dietitian

Full bath in every room
Cable TV
Resident Lounge on each floor
Fully Furnished Rooms
Services for different religious denominations
Private, semi-private, deluxe and one bedroom room apartments available
Private Separate Rooms can be reserved for family gatherings**

No community fees!! No move in fees! No contracts!!

Friendly Tour of This Community

My friend, and I had a pretty nice tour of this community. We spent much of our with the administrator, and she was kind. From what we saw the community looked pretty clean, and well maintained. Everyone was nice, and polite to my friend, and I. Our questions were answered, and the experience went well.

Husband In Good Hands

Everything is going very well with my husbands move to this community. He is doing well, and I'am satisfied with his move to this community. They are taking great care of him, and his needs. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends. It is a lovely facility.

Signature assisted living

It was fine the tour was great.Until the hospital messed up my mom's PRI. I couldn't get back in touch with [Removed] thanks a lot. It's common courtesy when you leave a message and I'm fixing up my mom's papers.

Exploring retirement homes for my husband, who is almost blind.

Sylvia was very patient with my understanding what this change would involve for my husband and myself.

Sylvia was always chatty and cheerful to lighten the mood of our conversations but she also listened to my requests and
followed them as much as possible.

[Removed]

At the present time I will give a fair review

My mom has been at Signature Senior Living for 2 weeks now. At first everything seems ok, but then she developed swelling in her ankles, which then spread to her legs. We felt that the doctor there was not interested enough and we therefore took mom to her own doctor. She got medication, which she has to take for 5 days to help reduce the selling.

Did not fit his needs...

The Signature Senior Living was nice, but they could not meet my husband's needs. They did not have a locked dementia unit which is what we were looking for, it was not for him.

My uncle is doing well since his move to the Signature Senior Living. The meals could use some improvement, in his opinion, they are not seasoned to his taste, but they are in good portions. They offer an exercise program that he has been going to and enjoying. I try to get him when I'm free to bring him over to my house. The room he is in is clean, but he would like a chair in the tub, it would be helpful and accommodating.

I Liked The Layout!

There were various meal plans that i liked from the community. Signature Senior Living seemed to really work with families on their special diets. In general the information that i received was helpful. I thought the community was very clean. It had nice people that worked and lived there.

I Am Very Happy

I think my friend is adjusting well to her community. The staff are very nice. They go out of their way to call me and they always respond back. I am happy with the staff and they have not given me any problems. I am comfortable with the community and she is happy and every one knows her. It a nice place to be with free parking in the back. I appreciate all the help from A Place For Mom, it meant a lot to me.

Not A Good Experience

We did not have a good experience here at this community. At the moment my mother is in the hospital, and they have not even called me to see how she is doing. I felt the staff looked at my mother as a burden. They were not attentive at all, and would her a hard time whenever she asked for something. The care they provide needs improvements. They are mainly concerned about the money and not her well being.

It takes partnership

From the onset, we were welcomed and felt part of a family.
Jennifer is awesome. She offered support prior to my Dad moving in and continued to avail herself to our questions and concerns while he has been there.
Dad had to be rushed to emergency care while residing at Signature, it was comforting to know that his case manager, Tracey was on top of his status and coordinating his care, even while at the hospital. She represented Dad's best interests and acted as primary contact where possible.
The staff is friendly and the residents are interactive. The residence is clean and although you shouldn't be able to put a value on care and consideration... the affordability is appreciated.

Great

They really transitioned my mom and dad. They are courteous. They keep you informed of their activites.

Review of Signature Senior Living - Brooklyn, NY

Signature was the best fit for my Dad. The facility is immaculate the staff is warm and appear to embrace the residents. Signature is a community not just a place for my Dad. Finally Jennifer is a treasure. From the onset I felt as if she had a personal investment in my Dads care as well as my well being. Finally great value for the monthly investment.

Excellent Community

My sister is in a good safe place and that give me a peace of mind knowing she being taken care of well. My main issue was my sister getting her medicine on time when she was living alone now I know for sure she is getting her medication. It is very clean here I would had moved my sister into the community if it wasn't. Excellent experience with everything the staff has been great and helpful with her. The activities are great and the food is very good. Things are excellent for her here and we are all happy.

Review of Signature Senior Living - Brooklyn, NY

Loved it nice clean and friendly. Great rooms furnished even shared room are nice. Very nice experience.

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Sutton Gardens was only a brief one, but overall it seems like a nice place. The facility is clean and well kept and the staff seems friendly. The care structure is better suited to more independent senior, as the costs can increase quickly the more services your loved one requires.

Very nice looking place!

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and the rooms were a nice size. All of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, one of our main concerns was handicap accessible showers, which they did not have available. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

We have been very pleased with the care and thoughtfulness that we've
seen from everyone at Signature.
The staff are kind and thoughtful. There are many activities available.

It's All Been Good

Up to this moment it has been a positive experience. They have been attentive and informative and have taken care of his needs. My loved one has dementia and they have been very tolerable of his condition.

very good

We have had a very good experience with Signature Senior Living . They are very good at communicating with the families of the patients, keeping us

The medical care is very good and cautious. It is a really good facility. They actually do very well.

That level of care wasn't there for my father's condition.

It didn't work out. My father only spent 3 days and we have been over charged. My father needed certain medical assistance. They knew of my fathers condition before I placed him there. That level of care wasn't there for his condition. I think if he was able to eat his breakfast on his own, it may have worked. Overall, I am not happy. I wouldn't recommend this place for your loved one if they require a higher level of care.

So far so good.... jenifer wilson has been outstanding.
And tracyhas been as informative and accommodating as I have ever experienced

So far I think everything is going pretty well.

So far I think everything is going pretty well. I don't live near by so I don't have a chance to get out to visit as much as I would like. I haven't heard any complaints, though when I speak to my loved one. So far they seem pretty happy with it.

Unfortunately, my tour was limited because Jennifer wasn't available on Sat. This is a Glatt Kosher residence - no cream for coffee if meat was served. Rooms were more spacious than most of the others & they did some nice renovations. Great, large fish tank to watch in lobby.

So far it's going okay

So far it's going okay. There were recently some renovations, and we were concerned that it would interfere with the residents. Other than that there really haven't been any concerns. I know that one time a family member went to visit and he hadn't been shaved. We don't really have any other complaints at this time.

They do a very good job.

It's very clean, they do a very good job. The staff is really friendly. The food is good, and they have a lot of activities as well. They are very attentive, very caring. The only thing that could be improved would be to do a few things for the non-Jewish residents. They only really celebrate Catholic and Jewish holidays and traditions, it would be nice to see some Protestant based services and celebrations. The neighborhood is very nice, and we really like this place.

WOW!! What a great place!!! I'm so ha...

WOW!! What a great place!!! I'm so happy my Mom moved in. The staff is friendly and warm. Jennifer (The director)knows every residents name that she comes in contact with. They have tons of activities going on all day. My Mom became depressed after my Dad past. She is finally happy again. Everyone involved at Signature Senior Living treats her as if she was a part of the family.

a family friend had recently moved he...

a family friend had recently moved her dad into the signature and had lots of positive remarks about it so i decided to check it out. i had been to this place months back, id say around October but it is under new ownership/name change etc... i called and spoke to a very sweet well spoken receptionist who directed me to admissions dept. the girl in admissions took some time to talk to me and get some info on my mom and myself and we set up an appointment. when i walked up to the facility i couldn't believe it was the old scharome mannor. wow!!! what a change!! i was greeted by the lovely girl at the front area (nora) who im sure was the one i spoke to one the phone and a handsome young man (carmine) who i believe said he was the maintenance supervisor. the dinning room director(senter) said they still working on dining room and some other areas. my only suggestion would be that they have 2 floors which are still the old style. older rooms non renovated halls i.e old carpet wallpaper ... if they redo those two floors it would probably be a more of a selling point for rooms on those floors. other than that very very minor issue the place is great! two very sweet, knowledgeable and funny young ladies met jenifer and i on our tour (valerie and traci) they seemto know every single resident by name and greeted them as such. the staff is second to none! i met housekeepers maintenance guys medication aides dinning room staff recreation staff as well as all of their supervisors. also a huge difference from other facilities ive checked out the administrator himself came over to greet me. huge plus in my book. the staff here seems more like family than co workers and they treat the residents the same way from what i saw and from what my friend who referred me here said. i look forward to moving my mom into signature once the time officially comes ... hopefully they will still have room for us ! cheers to the signature staff you kids really warmed my heart!

Nice place, but not working out well for Mom

Things just aren't working out well for my Mother here. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the aides are all very friendly, but she just isn't happy. She needs the highest level of care they provide, which unfortunately means she is stuck on the floor with all of the dementia patients. She is all there mentally and has nobody to socialize with. They've offered to move her to another floor, but then she would not be able to receive the same level of care.
Another issue that we have is that they strictly observe Sabbath, so when I visit on Saturday I'll often find all the residents on her floor just sitting in the TV room staring at the wall. They need to have some options for less observant members of the community.

I was very pleased with my ...

I was very pleased with my tour. The facility was perfect for my aunt. We loved it. Jennifer was amazing and really helpful.

I love the place, and the people.

I love the place, and the people. It's very reasonable. The billing department kept getting my name wrong but they corrected it, the billing is a little confusing, but they will explain it to you. She loved it from the moment she went in. It was clean, very clean. The people were very helpful and it looked like a four star hotel. The schedule shows quite a few activities. They really are attentive. From what I see and what I hear they really are great!