Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay - Brooklyn, NY

Love One Doing Fine

So far this community is working out well for friend, and her needs. She is staying here until she able to return to her home due to a fire. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. I go to visit every couple of weeks, and everything is nice, and well kept. The staff is friendly, and she hasn't really had any complaints, or problems. Everything has worked out well, and this is a community I would recommend.

An Option

I was looking for a community that would tend to the needs of my parent. They were nicely decorated but the price was a little more than we could handle.

The staff at Sunrise was friendly and seem to provide very good care and attention to the residents. The rooms are comfortable, well-maintained, and clean. The entire residence is bright and welcoming.

A community for good care

I like the care from this community. The staff are so nice and always caring. They go out of their way to make sure that they are attentive. The menu is outstanding and she is happy with being able to be involved with the activites. I feel good knowing that she is in good care. I recommend this community for other families.

Smaller community!!

I had initially picked this community for my loved one because it was a smaller setting and easy to navigate through the building. She has had no issues with the food and has really liked participating in some of the activities with the other residents. The staff have really tried there best to try and make her feel right at home and welcomed into her new living environment. I would recommend this place to anyone who was interested in a great assisted living.

Wonderful place. Everyone was happy,positive and helpful, from the receptionist, Director of Sales, residents and the head chef! Privacy and respect to the residents was top notch. Our choice for our family member!!!

A Happy Place!

My loved one passed away, but not due to anything that the community did. The staff was great and very helpful. The community was kept clean and in good condition. My loved one was happy there.

Feels Like Home!!

The staff and caregivers have been receptive in every way. My daughter and i join my friend with lunch and the lunches are very good. They have up to 6 choices to choose from and the services are great. My friend looks very content at the moment she has not been engaging in activities but we are hoping the staff can assist her every now and then with bingo she would love that. The housekeeping is also making sure everything is nice and tidy.

Time to see The Sunrise.....

Sunrise is nicely located with beautiful surroundings.... the people that work at Sunrise are very nice and friendly... the rooms are good and very clean... it is a good place....

Very good memory care

Our experience with Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay has been a very good one, overall. I've been very impressed by the service and care provided by their memory care unit. The facility is secure, clean, and well kept, and the attendants are very attentive to the needs of the residents for the most part. It's very expensive, but he level of service they provide is also very high.

A complete let down

Sunrise Senior Living at Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, was very accommodating at the beginning. Once my mother showed trades that were not fitting for their facility they placed her in the hospital. After three weeks of promising that everything would work out, they decided she was no longer fit for their community. She was left in the hospital with no further assistance from them. Not even an apology. I believe they are not truly equipped to handle patients with dementia (as they claim). They charge a hefty fee for the service, but cannot provide it.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to learn more. Please know we take all concerns seriously; we ask that you email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Moving In

Sunrise is a very cheerful and friendly place. The staff is totally dedicated to making the living experience for their residents as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. There are many activities, many friendly residents, excellent care and very nice rooms. I would recommend it very highly,

Awesome staff

Sunrise is very nicely decorated and always cleaned well. The grounds are pretty too. The staff here is awesome and they are very attentive to the residents' needs. Activities are plentiful, so the Senior's do not get bored.

excellent place

Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay is an excellent place. They are very attentive. The place is beautiful. They have lots of activities. It's really clean. It looks like a hotel. I know for a fact that they take good care of my mother-in-law. The staff know all of the residents little quirks, they are very personal. I am just very pleased. I am really happy with them and my mother-in-law is very happy also.

This was mom's first choice.

This was mom's first choice. This is where she was comfortable going. Unfortunately, due to timing, there was no availability, and we were not able to get in. A nice place though.

Sunrise is awesome. I am absolutely thrilled with them.

Sunrise is awesome. I am absolutely thrilled with them. They take care of every our loved one needs. Jeannine Valentine, Beth, and Michelle have been just been absolutely wonderful! Everyone I have taken there, is impressed with the manor and the respect that is given to the residents. It's very home like there.

I'm mostly pleased with it

I'm mostly pleased with it because of the amount of services they offer. The floor was a little sticky one time but otherwise it was okay. I like the arrangements. As far as finances, I thought the medicine would be from express scripts as I agreed to it but it's not. I don't appreciate getting billed for those things. Other than that, i'm very pleased with this facility. I would recommend the Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay to other people.

Great place for your loved one.

What a wonderful community. My loved one moved in a few month ago and I can only tell you how wonderful and accommodating all the staff and Director has been. I would highly recommend the community.

Five Stars

I give them a five stars because the director and staff make you feel like your at home and help you when you need help. My loved is happy and like is here. It is a little on the expensive side though.

5 star very nice but very costly for memory loss residents

They do a wonderful job at Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay! The service is very good. The workers are all very friendly and professional, and very accommodating to any questions or requests I've had regarding my loved one's care. They treat us with such respect and like we are family, all the staff know mine and my loved ones names, just absolutely fantastic. A bit pricey but you get a higher level of care.

Entering Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay at NIght

Keep up the wonderful services!

My only substantive comment is to make it easier for residents (and their love ones) to enter the building at night.

Three sets of people were trying to enter the building at night last Saturday , and it took way too long for someone to come to open the door.

Action: Have a reliable, safe, and secure system for entrance at night. Make it easy, not difficult, for residents and loved ones to enter the building at night.

Home-like setting.

My grandmother was a resident at Sunrise Sheepshead Bay for only a few months, but it was very comforting to me knowing that as she needed more care they were willing and able to accommodate her needs, even setting up hospice care for her. Most other assisted living residences do not provide the extensive nursing care that this one does, eliminating the need to have to move her again to a nursing home. She was able to receive as much care as she needed. The food selection was good, quality was good, assistance in the dining room was good once I requested that she would need more help eating, etc. Overall a wonderful experience and would recommend it to other families.

Thomas was great guide. good location, near restaurants & shopping & promenade along Emmons Ave w/ views of Bay. Kitchenette has non-operational oven/stove which is a waste of space. Better served to have apt size fridge & use space for storage. apt was bright w/ view of water. They have a van, which is great asset, but outings stay in Brooklyn & don't take advantage of City at all. Not sure activities are for the "wit-it" clients or the older mind-set. But it's a nice, clean building w/ renovations in progress & they're adding wi-fi - so hope computer classes will follow! Definite possibility for dad.

Review of Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Brooklyn, NY

Nice location. Rooms were a bit small. Costly for memory residents. Compared to Mill Basin residence it was average.

I am very satisfied with Sunrise. The...

I am very satisfied with Sunrise. The friendliness of staff, cleanliness of the facility, services, activities offered, and care provided are all good.

Mom is safe and content

I was looking for a place for my mom and had concerns about what I would be facing. From the moment we walked into Sunrise we felt very welcome and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and it wasn't forced. The residents also were content and were busy doing different activities. Mom got a nice studio apartment which we decorated with plenty of items from home. This was not an easy decision, I am in Kentucky and my brother and sister also live out of state, so I wanted to know mom was in a place where she would be safe and still have some sense of independence, Sunrise has provided that and we have peace of mind. The couple of times I have come up to visit mom has been upbeat and jokes around with both staff and other residents so I could not have made a better choice.

Very nice place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. We were very impressed by what we saw here! It is a beautiful community, and the staff were all very friendly and professional. The tour was very nice, the staff all introduced themselves, and the meal we had was delicious! We would definitely recommend them to any families looking into care options!

I think that this place is horrible. ...

I think that this place is horrible. You can never get an answer to any of your questions and the administration is horrendous. Do not recommend this place.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear that you've had this experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to learn more. Please contact information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) with your contact details so we can reach out to you. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay Reminiscence Neighborhood has been great choice for my dad

We moved my dad into Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay Reminiscence Neighborhood and have been very please with the care he receives there. The staff has been very friendly, caring and professional. The environment is bright and cheery with an abundance of natural light. My dad especially likes the outdoor atrium where residents can sit and watch the activity along the marine and waterfront. The activities director works one on one with my dad to taylor activities to his interests. There always seems to be some activity going on to engage the residents. My dad's health has been declining and the staff has been attentive to his needs. The care mangers are very compassionate and seem to truly enjoy their work with the residents. I rest easier knowing dad is in a good place the meets the challenges of his needs.

...so far we are pleased.

I don’t live there so it’s hard to say, but so far we are pleased. The kitchen facilities are lovely and the food seems good with enough variety and they make interesting things, not just you know, grilled chicken and things.

Safe and caring place.

The Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay had been extremely helpful to us, at the time when we didn't know what to do and where to go, calling and talking to Erica from "A place for mom" was Godsend. The moment we tour the place we knew this was the right place for my mother in law. She's 97 year old, it's been one month and whatever time she still have, she's happy, feel safe, the staff are all very nice and helpful. They work with love and care.

Staff is not cohesive. Ove...

Staff is not cohesive. Overpriced and they charge by the day! Elders didn't seem too happy.

I like it a lot.

I like it a lot. The staff is wonderful. The facility is great, no complaints. They have the option of physical therapy right there. The people are lovely. The food is a little iffy sometimes but overall I would say it's great!.

I was very, very satisfied.

I was very, very satisfied. They kept my brother very clean he was always clean and dressed when his friend came to visit. They provided pretty close to 24 hour care.
They had very good care services, and would bring his medicine to him and wouldn't leave him alone once he was in his chair since he was prone to falling. They did offer activities, but he didn't really participate. Janine kept calling me and was always so pleasant. When it came time to find a place, I remembered that.

Glad I found Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay

Today marks two months since my mother moved into Sunrise at Sheepshead Bay. She has memory issues and had not been eating well, was not taking her meds regularly, nor getting out to socialize as she had earlier in her life. The location is perfect. When the weather is nice, she can walk to local stores and restaurants or just stroll on the picturesque avenue. It is convenient for friends and family to visit too. The facility is clean and nicely decorated and the staff are caring and friendly and helped my mother make the transition to living there. At Sunrise, she can be as independent as she can be and gets assistance where needed. My mother is thriving socially, taking her meds and eating nutritious food regularly and says she is very content. There are scheduled activities each day and cultural and shopping trips several times a month. I have spoken with family of other residents and everyone I spoke to was very please with Sunrise.

Really Beautiful with Great Activities

They had sofas on all the floors where we could sit with them and have a little privacy. They take them for rides. Even though my sister was on the alzheimer's floor she would go everywhere with them. They take them shopping, to the drug store, to church on sunday, book stores. It was just too expenive. If I could have afforded to keep her there I would have. It was always full of flowers and full of light.