New Broadview Manor Home For Adults - Staten Island, NY

So far so good

Dad is still adjusting to living at this community. The staff are friendly, helpful and attentive. They are encouraging him to participate in some of the daily activities. He seems to like the food and the community is very nice. I would recommend this community.

Institutional looking, dreary depressing. Small. Gray, sad.

Update on living conditions.

The prices need updating. The rent you pay is based on what your income is. As your income goes up, so does your rent-but the services your receive remain the same. I came in on SSI. My rent was relatively low; double-occupancy room. I received about $190.00 allowance per month. Then, I was put on SSD, at $1999/month. My rent was then raised to $1800/month, and my allowance went down to $149/month and also because I was put on Medicare, paying a premium. For 2016, my rent was increased to $1850/month. I received a 2.5% increase in my SSD check, so my allowance remained the same. Then, I had to start paying $37.70/month for my prescriptions, so my allowance fell to $112.30/month. Now, beginning 1/1/17, my rent will go up to $1875/month, and no raise is expected for SSD. So, my allowance will be $87.30/month. There has not been and is no increase in number or quality of services. The food is not so good, most of the time the bread is stale, and the building isn't adequately cleaned, and we often see roaches throughout the building. If you want a private room, it's $3000/month, and going up on 1/1/17.