The Waterford at Deer Park - Deer Park, TX

I toured while this facility was still being renovated after Hurricane Harvey flooded it. The apartments seemed to be to be roomy, but I did not have a chance to see what it was really like.

Not accommodating

They did not have activities like I would want. There really wasn’t anything to do over here. You would just go down, eat dinner at a specific time, and you go back to your room and that was it. They even assigned you tables when you eat. You’re stuck sitting with the same three people every day. They were not accommodating either. During the hurricane, I had an apartment on the second floor but the first floor got flooded. You couldn’t take the elevators or stairs at all. They did not provide any alternative for us, it was basically “you had to leave” and that’s it. I had to live with a relative during the time for them to fix everything. But I ended up moving somewhere that is more accommodating and have more activities to keep me busy which I like.

Disgraceful

It is shamful that Waterford in Deer Park would enforce a mandatory evacuation on seniors living there. Deer park had not issued a mandatory evacuation. This was Waterfords decision to evacuate. To put the residence in jeopardy by doing this was disgracful. I would not place a love one here ever.

It Has Been a Great Choice

The Waterford at Deer Park is the best solution for what we needed. My mother-in-law is participating in the art classes and the staff go down to ask her if she wants to join them in other activities. They have bingo and other activities. She has been enjoying the meals so much. The staff have been fabulous and excellent. The communication is great. Recently we got a call to ask us if it is okay for a relative to take my mother-in-law out. That person was not on the list to make any changes. It gave me a chance to make see what was being planned by that relative.I like knowing, there is someone there who is looking out for her and they can call me to let me know if it is alright.

This may be the right community for someone else

This community did remind us more of a retirement home and not an independent active community. We enjoyed the tour and the marketing person was nice to spend time with. We met with some of the residents and they were nice. The food we tried was ok. This community looked clean, however it did not seem as open as the community we chose.

This place was amazing and my dad enjoyed meeting the people who live there. He said that [Removed] was a really nice lady to give us a tour. He also said this may be a place he may consider moving into because it close to me & my family!

Good Experience, My Tour Went Well

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. My tour was a good one. Everyone was friendly. The staff was informative, and my questions were answered. The community was neat, and tidy. The experience was a good one overall.

Highly recommended!

My mother's stay at the Waterford is going great! The facility is well maintained and the staff are sure to give my mother the care that she needs. There are plenty of activities to be involved in and lots of healthy food options as well!

Meals Need Improvements

My mother is in a small apartment within the community and so far the care is going good. However it will take some time for her to adjust. They have activities available. The meals have not been good for her, she has addressed this issue. With all that has been going on around my mom, the staff have been good and considerate.

Lovely Tour

I had a pretty good tour of this community. Everything looked great, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. My tour guide was very kind and informative. She answered all my questions. It was a lovely experience overall.

I liked this community!

The people I met during my tour were nice. If mom was more independent we have chosen this community. The price is better than the community we chose. The community was clean.

Staff seems great! Clean facility and currently undergoing remodeling. It didn't work for us because the property is more for independent living. There is no pool.

Liked the community's atmosphere. Only the largest studio and the one-bedroom were suitable re: size. Cost more acceptable than assisted living. Appreciated the 2-meal plan vs. 3.

hasn't had any complaints

Everything has been good at The Waterford at Deer Park. Mom hasn't had any complaints. Everything seems to be great. Anything she has asked for the staff has done. It has bee a really good experience as far as I'm concerned.

Every One is so friendly and they go out of their way to make sure you have every thing you need. The food is wonderful.

Lacks real activities

Nice facilities but very lacking in activities for the seniors that live there

really good job

I looked at a bout seven different places and decided on The Waterford. They are doing a really good job. We ate there twice before I picked the place and the food is really good with a good diverse menu. The wait staff in the restaurant is very helpful and very nice, and the food quality is excellent. The marketing gal and the manager are great to talk to. The residents I have talked to are happy and well pleased with how things are run.

excellent

They check on mom all the time to make sure she is doing well and step up to provide whatever care and services she needs. It is 100% safe, which was not the case where she stayed before. Everything is really clean. Everything has worked out really well so far with The Waterford at Deer Park.

Poor air quality area and p...

Poor air quality area and possible flood zone. Not interested.

Great introduction to the community with next day move in

We were invited to come have a meal at The Waterford as a way of introducing the community to my father in law. My husband, son, father in law, and I chose to come for an evening meal on a Friday. We were served in the private dining room. The food was terrific and the service was timely and friendly. We all enjoyed the food and dinner conversation with Lisa Smart, the salesperson. We met a few of the residents and I was impressed at how Lisa seemed to know all of them by name. My father in law really liked all that he saw. We even saw the residents playing bingo in the activity room and were told that a Super Bowl party would be happening the next evening. He decided that evening that he would enjoy living there, so we helped him decide on an apartment and my husband signed the papers. We moved my father in law in the next day. Its been eight days that he's been living there and he loves it!

Not A Good Location For Me

My relatives went with me to see The Waterford. That was just too far away for them. It's over on the other side of Pasadena from where they live and it was expensive so we decided not to pursue it.

No buy in,fee $1,500 2BR3,255 1BR3,1...

No buy in,fee $1,500 2BR3,255 1BR3,155 Inc.2 Meals,Util. Cleaning,transport,

This was a very nice place also, but ...

This was a very nice place also, but as I was sitting there & viewing the apts, I realized that I was not ready for this kind of home.

Retirement Living means creating a unique
and exciting lifestyle. You will find comfort in the privacy of your own spacious apartment where you can retire with a good book from our library or join in a game of cards or dominos. Relax and watch TV with friends in our activity center or use the computer to go online.

We strive to make sure each day feels like a vacation filled with entertainment and social events. Enjoy our fine dining featuring a fresh salad bar, meals with savory meats and fish, and fresh oven baked goods.

Super Senior Bingo June 20th