Regal Estates - League City, TX

I would not recommend Regal Estates - they assessed my Mother and claimed she was fit to live there. Two weeks later they insisted she move as she didn't fit their criteria.

SLC Midwest

• The health and safety of our residents is our number one priority. We would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the situation you describe, and we invite you to contact our Administrator directly at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your time.

The lady that helped us was excellent

My family and I liked this property; however the location was not convenient for us. They lady that helped us was excellent when we first toured the facility. Unfortunately, they didn’t have a place for my loved one so we would have been on a waiting list.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Regal Estates of League City; we appreciate your feedback!

Looking Forward To The Move

We will be moving my father to this community pretty soon. It is a close location to us, so we can help make the adjustment process easier. We are going to feel comfortable with his move to this community. It is a good, safe community.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback; we appreciate your confidence in us and look forward to providing exceptional care for your father!

Medication room doubles as a daycare for employees

The employees of the "medication room" bring their children to work and they hang out in the "medication room". This is a major distraction to the employees and puts the residents at high risk for obvious reasons. No children should be allowed where medication is kept and the "medication room" should not double as a daycare facility.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Regal Estates of League City did not live up to the expectations we strive for. It’s important to us that we address your concerns regarding staffing and medication, so we invite you to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thank you again for your input, and we look forward to hearing from you!

Mom's Good Care and Comfort

This is a good community and I like that my mom is happy with the care that she is receiving from the great staff that is attentive to her needs. The community is clean and she does like the menu of the meals. We like knowing that she is activities with the other residents in the list of activities.We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community; we appreciate your feedback!

A new home for my sister

I am happy with the care of this community. I like knowing that she is starting to be active with the other residents. The staff are caring and very attentive to her needs. The community is clean and maintained. She is happy with the nice variety of meals that are served. They offer her a lot of nice activities. We would highly recommend the care and the value for families. It's nice to see her happy in her new environment.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for sharing your confidence in our community! We're proud of the dedication and compassion our team members show every day!

Everyone was very nice and helpful, the place was very clean and the residents seemed very engaged.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review! We appreciate your feedback!

Mom lived here for three years. During the last year, she really needed more assistance than they should provide. Lots of room to bring in family for parties, dinners, get togethers. Studios were larger than most others I've seen. Food was generally good - I ate with Mom lots of times.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback and we're honored to have been your mom's home.

Dad became a social butterfly!

My loved one really likes it here! The members of the staff do a great job at catering to his needs and requests. They are sure to answer his questions and they make him feel very comfortable. My loved one also regularly participates in activities and socializes more than he ever has before! I have seen significant improvement in both his health and his happiness during his stay at Regal Estates!

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your experience; we appreciate your feedback and are so pleased that your loved one is enjoying his home here!

Nice Friendly Tour

I have a nice tour of this community. Everything went well overall. The staff was kind, and polite. They were informative, and my questions were answered. The community looked great, and everything appeared to be clean. It was good experience, and my tour went well.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your feedback and are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us! Our goal is to provide a 5-star experience, so if there are specific areas of improvement that you feel would help us reach that goal, please reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

Care and Value

We are happy with the care that is received at this community for excellent care. The staff are very nice and very attentive. I am happy to see that he is happy with the menu and the variety. They offer a nice variety of activities. We would recommend this community to other families.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your recommendation! We appreciate your feedback and your confidence in us!

Tour Went Well Overall

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went pretty well. The staff was kind to my family, and myself. From what I saw of the community, everything looked nice. It was a good experience. My questions were answered.

SLC Midwest

We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your visit at Regal Estates did not merit five stars. We strive to provide a five-star experience, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

Great Community

My parents moved into Regal Estates & love their new apt which is large with lots of great sunlight. The staff & residents are very warm & welcoming. Regal Estates really care about their residents & offer the best services.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we appreciate your confidence in us! We are delighted that your parents are enjoying their new home.

A very nice community!

I had a good experience at Regal Estates when I toured. The place was clean and all of the staff were very friendly. The deciding factor was location, we found another community that was closer to our home and easier to get to.

SLC Midwest

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Regal Estates and very much appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Mom's Care

I am happy for the care that my mother is getting in this community. The staff has been helpful and very kinds. The community is clean and the meals are nice for her to enjoy. She likes the activities that are available. This community is recommended for the nice care and value for other families.

Excellent Facility

I was very impressed with Regal Estates. Everyone was extremely friendly and went out of their way to make us feel at home and very comfortable. I have visited several times prior to the move in date of my family member and each time I have experienced the same friendliness and warmth. The building is clean, bright, and very airy. The two-hour window for the meals is amazing. The main thing that sold us on Regal Estates is the fact that all of the apartments are registered with the state as assisted, so if an independent resident develops the need to be assisted, he/she will not have to change apartments. After looking at several assisted living communities, Regal Estates was the only choice without question.

A tour to enjoy

We were happy with the tour here. The staff was nice and did answer all of our questions. They had activities for good participation to keep active. The community was nice and clean. This would of been our next choice.

Very Nice Place!

We toured this community and thought that it looked nice. The staff was wonderful and good an=bout making us feel like we were wanted. They answered all questions that we had. Again the reason we did not go here is just simply because of the location.

Comfort For Mom!!

There are many activities offered at Regal Estates. My mother has not at the moment got a chance to engage in them. With the help of the staff that encourages her to a level of comfort she will try to join soon. The meals are good they are healthy and presented well. I would recommend the community because it offers great services, the staff are very nice, and the community is kept clean.

The food is lackluster!!!

The main issue I think we have with Regal Estates is the food. The staff are good with my mom. They are attentive and help her to remember daily activities. She is still adjusting and is not yet participating in many of the activities. The community is kept clean inside and out.

This community should be closed!!!!

Regal estates is not a good place for people so we moved out. No one would address the issue of the terrible food with the assistant director Christopher. I approached the subject with a signed petition from some of the residents and nothing was done. Most of the staff are not qualified and my husband did not receive one of his medications for a week. I would not recommend this community to anyone.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback based on your experience. I was sad to learn you felt Regal Estates was not the right place for you and your husband. As the Executive Director, I would truly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further, as we appreciate any suggestions or additional comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at [removed] or via email at [removed]. Again, thank you for your feedback; Christopher Wiley, Executive Director.

Nice place

I'm very happy with Regal Estates, it's a very nice place. It is clean, the people are friendly, and they were very welcoming to me. I'm happy with my choice!

Regal Estates is a great place!!

If you are looking for a small community this is your place. My mom loves the staff here as they are very friendly and attentive to the residents. This has been a good environment for her. They manage to keep the community looking very nice even while they are installing new carpet. The food is not very good and they do not currently offer a lot of activities but we are hoping this will improve with time.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us with your feedback! We were excited to learn your mom loves our staff and the environment, as we constantly strive to create a caring, family atmosphere. I am also pleased to say we’ve recently learned we will have a new Dining Service Director join our team, so we’re excited to see the culinary expertise they will bring to our existing dining program. As the Executive Director, I would truly appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further, as we appreciate any suggestions or additional comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at [removed] or via email at [removed] . Thank you again for your feedback, Christopher Wiley, Executive Director.

Life Improved At League City Regal Estates

Moved our Loved one here in February 2016. The staff made an otherwise painful move a breeze! Our loved one is adjusting so well. The family can relax knowing she is safe, being looked after, enjoying great meals with fresh veggies and salads, being stimulated with great activities and connecting with people on a daily basis. She is not home alone, day and night after day and night. She is thriving here thanks to the Fantastic Staff and Mgmt. Thank you to the Entire Regal Team!

Friendly, welcoming community!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Regal Estates! It's a very nice looking place, and my loved one has really settled in well! She's met a lot of friends, and gotten involved in a few of the activities they have. Regal Estates has really exceeded my expectations so far, especially with how quickly they helped Mom get settled in!

Beware of this place...

After viewing the website and touring the facility we thought Regal Estates in League City would be the perfect place for our Father. Boy were we wrong! The first month was great. (Aug. 2015) Except the bathroom shower strip was loose. We asked them to replace it because it was a fall hazard. They never did....Then soon after moving Dad in, half the management team quit! I asked the staff what was going on? They just shook their heads. At that point the care started to decline and we should have taken Dad out immediately. One day I visited him and he was in tears. This was after I had complained about his weekend caregiver. I asked that they assign another caregiver due to her lack of professionalism and care. They said they would. The following weekend I spent the day in his room to experience what his days were like and not once did anyone check on him...the entire day not once did anyone check on my Father! He did not eat! I took him home that night. The following weekend I spent Saturday with him and took him to lunch. Took him back and said I would be back on Monday. That Sunday night I get a phone call that he would not get out of his chair. 24 hours later we find out he somehow fell and broke his hip! No one could tell us how! (Oct 2015) This was Sunday night. Monday morning the ambulance was called. He never returned. After the surgery we brought him home. 4 months later, my Dad past away. He could not recover from the hip surgery or stand the pain any longer. Beware of this place! Don't let the website fool you....Oh and that shower strip...was never repaired!

Mom Loves It!

My mother is loving her move into Regal Estates. It is has been a good experience for us. The facility looks amazing and very clean, no concerns with that. My mother has been able to partake in some new activities and that is nice to see her do. The staff is warm and caring and really enjoy their job helping senior citizens. This is a wonderful community to consider moving your loved one to. I would recommend it.

Dad wishes we found this place sooner.

Dad moved to Regal Estates from a Brookdale community and he loves it there! The only complaint I've heard is about the portion he receives for his meals. The food is so good he wished they served larger portions. Other than that he is very happy at Regal Estates and wishes we would have found this place a whole lot sooner. The community is very clean and there are no odors to speak of. All in all we are very happy.

Everything is going smoothly

Carpet needs to be cleaned.

My mom has been there for a week now. As of now I am extremely happy .
All the residents are friendly and happy. Management is on top of details right away.
Food is really good with excellent service.
Very glad my mom is there !

They are doing pretty good so far.

They are doing pretty good so far. It's clean and the staff is friendly, that's why we chose them. The food is okay, but it could be better. They have a lot of activities. They were less expensive than some of the other ones we looked at. They do the best they can here.

Very friendly and welcoming.

They have been very friendly and welcoming. The dining room experience is a little chaotic because there is not assigned seats or time. They have to wait a while to get their food. The care givers have been sweet and attentive. They have a wide variety of activities to keep the residents busy and active. The beauty shop is good. They could improve on the communication between the staff members.....

This was one of my top choices when looking for options.

This was one of my top choices when looking for options. I really liked it a lot. It must be a great place, because there were no vacancies when we needed it and we did not get to experience this place before mom passed away. It would have been a nice place to go though.

I think it's very welcoming to the residents

I loved the Regal Estates. My loved one lived there. Three friends of ours moved in. I think it's very welcoming to the residents. They want them to feel apart of their home. The facility is always very clean. The atmosphere is very nice and welcoming. The staff is very friendly, nice, and accommodating. Everything is excellent here. I would recommend the Regal Estates to anyone searching for a nice community.

My Father Loves It Here

My father loves it here. They take him to a lot of places. They are very active with the activities. To anyone who is looking for an assisted living community I would suggest the Regal Estates. The staff is great to work with. The complex is nice. It is very clean. I have never seen it dirty.

Two story residence and very large facility which we feel would confuse my mother. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Not enough dining space so people would have to wait for meals unless they were there as soon a serving started. Did not like the way residents had to go to a central meeting place to receive meds. Pricing was good.

extremely friendly

They were extremely friendly and receptive when mom and I initially visited, and they have continued to be very friendly and helpful.

I have had some instances where I have left messages with certain staff members and they have not gotten back to be, but in the end everything has always been resolved.

Overall it has been a very good experience and I would recommend Regal Estates.

Angela was awesome from the...

Angela was awesome from the very first moment! she took interest in me and my family. Was kind and interested in meeting my needs rather than just 'selling' us on the facility.

Very informative staff! Exc...

Very informative staff! Excellent area.

A Good Fit for Mom

The residents and staff here are very friendly, the food is good and hallways are bright. Moving from her large home to a studio, the apartment seemed so small at first. Mom has discovered she enjoys the freedom of fewer possessions and not having to prepare meals. I am comfortable leaving Mom at Regal Estates, whereas there were numerous other facilities I would have left her feeling guilty. It helps that she has great-grandchildren nearby!

The staff is just wonderful they know all of the residents by name,

It's actually lower priced than some of the other places around. They have a whole list of activities, they put it on the dining room table. It's really good food, they have best hamburgers that you've ever had. It would be nice to have someone be able to accompany them places like doctors appointment, for lab work, or they could come visit. The staff is just wonderful they know all of the residents by name, they know the stuff they like, it's a little bit personalized.

Wonderful

I only wish I had found Regal Estates back in September when we placed my parents in another facility. I think they would have thrived here instead of going down. It is a place that is full of life with all ranges of people in it. The staff seems very caring & helpful. Mom & Dad like the food. There is always something going on that they can participate in, or they can just sit in one of the courtyards. The price is halve the price of the other facility we had them in & there is absolutely no comparison. Thank God for Regal Estates! Way to go staff.

2 bdrm offered in assisted ...

2 bdrm offered in assisted care near water/port of Houston

Very nice community

They're doing a great job here. It's a nice looking facility and the staff are all very friendly and professional. One of the major factors when we selected it was that we saw it received a 100% rating during a state examination, so we knew they were a high quality community.

Our loved one is doing well here. One...

Our loved one is doing well here. One aspect that could use some improvement would be their feedback to the families. If the residents are doing well, then I guess that's good... but, more communication would be nice. Overall, we chose them mainly because of their price.

Studio $2050/mo + level of ...

Studio $2050/mo + level of care

SLC Texas

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our wonderful community. We'd be happy to answer any further questions you may have about community rates, amenities, activities, etc. We are always here and happy to help!

We liked this facility very...

We liked this facility very much and it is our first choice for independent assisted living partially due to location and cost. We are currently wait listed at this facility.

I have reserved a room for ...

I have reserved a room for my parents with this facility. I have visited them 4 times and hopefully will be pleased.

Very Nice

Regal Estates seemed like a very nice place but it was more expensive that I could afford. Unfortunately, it was just out of range for me.

Nice. Larger but doesn't fe...

Nice. Larger but doesn't feel large inside. Clean. Older than provision. Nice rooms. liked the single room. Great value for the cost. No memory ward for future but could stay in room amd.not move while adding services. Dad.woild enjoy the happy hour. While independent, dad might enjoy being closer to amenities. Area would not overwhelm him.

Near Texas City. No pool, ...

Near Texas City. No pool, but near water of Galveston Bay. Cable TV not included. Two meals/day included.

My children and I thought t...

My children and I thought this facility was too 'institutional' and as a result, we chose not to tour. Gina McGown was most gracious and understanding about our decision. I'm simply to active for a facility such as this.

Extremely pleased!

So far we're extremely pleased. My mother fell and I got a very rapid response from them. I'm really impressed. The activities, I think they're fine. I'm just hoping my mother will participate in them. I think they have the right amount for people that age.

I do know that there are a couple of people at the front desk that should be more informed aobut what's available in the area. If you're going to work at the front desk I think you need to be more knowledgeable about what's around you. That's the only negative and it's not even a negative. It's just constructive criticism.

Nice size rooms, it was hec...

Nice size rooms, it was heckled when I arrived had event going on. Met with medication manager, Gina wasn't there. Might consider this one

Very Prestigious Area (South Shore)

One of the reasons this community was chosen is she had a friend that stayed here and recommended it. The setting is really beautiful and it’s in a very prestigious area (South Shore). They offer plenty of activities to keep someone busy.

Took Dad for tour and returned for lu...

Took Dad for tour and returned for lunch. He was very impressed and enjoyed the food. This is one of the contenders and we are considering using their respite care services.

affordability options. small pets al...

affordability options. small pets allowed.

friendly, real folk; good cookies. Di...

friendly, real folk; good cookies. Director is tops. but also has big open stairway at 2nd floor - but stair lighting seems better than rosemont

Very nice also, similar to thw Waterf...

Very nice also, similar to thw Waterford, but not as organized. Their employes were very helpful, but it also had the nursing home appearance.

Like this one, independant and assist...

Like this one, independant and assisted living - favorite

Located in South Shore Harbour, near the Texas Gulf Coast and southeast of Houston, Regal Estates offers the lifestyle that’s just right

for you. With proximity to lakeside activities, the beaches of Galveston Island and the historic Space Center Houston, this peaceful and picturesque community is an ideal place to call home. Featuring Independent and Assisted Living, Regal Estates provides a nurturing environment designed to support and enrich your lifestyle, now and in the future.