Brookdale Clear Lake - Webster, TX

This is a beautiful facility. [name removed] was fantastic and made my Dad feel comfortable.

Needs Some Updating, But Still Very Nice

Overall, I feel that Brookdale is a nice community. It's a good, social place for the residents, and I feel my mother is doing really well there. She is making an effort to go outside and to socialize with the other residents. However, I feel that the place needs some sprucing and updating. The paint is coming off in some places as well, and I feel that places like the ding room and community room need to be large to make navigation easier for walkers and wheelchairs. Maintenance also takes a very long time to fix issues. Aside from these issues, Brookdale is generally a very nice place.

This place is amazing!

I could not be happier with this facility and my Brother agrees as well. The staff has been very accommodating especially with the price of the food and the rent going up at the first of the year. This place is superior to every other facility compared to other places. One thing I really like is that there is a one-time entrance fee and as long as we keep him in a Brookdale, we can move him anywhere in the US and we don’t have to pay that fee again. The food here is excellent and the dining room is beautiful. They have an amazing menu and it’s more like a restaurant dining experience. They actually served my brother filet mignon one night and they even ask him how he wanted it cooked. When we first moved him in, we noticed that his AC didn’t work in one of the rooms. Twenty minutes later the handyman had a new AC in the window and he stayed a few minutes to make sure it worked. He even told us to put the pictures near the wall we wanted them on and he would put them up or us. I was so ecstatic that I had to sit down and collect myself. I am speechless with the level of care the community gives my brother. This is an amazing facility and I would recommend it to other families.

So many activities

This location is completely accommodating and there are a number of activities offered to keep you involved. Whenever you want you can stay busy. I am constantly going somewhere or doing something every day. During the course of one week you have a choice to be taken to Walmart, HEB, Target, and other places on their bus transportation that they provide. They give us time to shop and they bring us right back. There is also a Walgreens nearby so residents who have prescriptions with them; they can have it delivered which is convenient. Other things that they offer is a four hole put-put golf course and a pool. They have water aerobics classes during the Spring and Summer (April – September). The grounds are landscaped beautifully. There is a lot of open area outside. Some people may find this a drawback, but not me. For you to go to one part of the building to the other there is a covered part so you don’t get rained on. The food here is a lot better from where I was staying before. They have a lot more variety and options. [Removed], the gentleman in charge of the dining room, you can tell him if there is something you would like to eat. Myself and the people that I sit with like liver and onions, so we told [Removed]. Next day, we were served liver and onions and it was just great. There isn’t a specific time that you need to eat. You could grab lunch in between certain times and you can mingle with whoever you would like. I definitely recommend this location because of how accommodating they are. During the hurricane, I wasn’t at this location at the time; those who have had a little water damage in larger apartments were put up in hotels while they tried to redo their interior. At the other location I was staying at they didn’t give us any alternative. This is why I love this place: the amount of activities and how accommodating they are.

Mom and I found this a friendly community with many benefits for independent living. She is very interested in Brookdale.

Overall dad is doing good

Dad has not yet started to participate in any of the daily activities offered. The marketing person was helpful, kind and made us feel like this community was the right choice. He loves the food and they have a bistro available if you do not want what is being served for the meal. The community is clean, open and they have a small dog park. Dad has a nice open apartment. This community is affordable and I would recommend it.

Good Tour of This Community

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. My tour went well overall. The community looked nice, and everything was well-kept. The staff was kind, and polite. It was a good tour, and nice experience.

Polite Staff

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. The tour went well, and everyone was kind. The community looked nice, everything was well-kept. The staff was kind, and polite. It was a good experience overall, but not the facility for us.

This community is well established.

The staff at this community are very friendly and helpful. My mother in law likes the food and she is making friends. They offer daily activities. They keep the community nice and they have pretty landscaping. She likes the layout of the community as it does have open hallways and an outside sitting area. I would recommend this community. It is fairly reasonable and located in a good area for her. It is close to the mall and her church.

It is very nice & clean and everyone is very friendly.

Brookdale gets my recommendation

The food has been really good at this community. My mother likes the food at the restaurant a little better than the bistro. The people are nice and the ambassador has been great with helping her meet people. They offer activities including an exercise class and playing mexican train. They keep the community clean and are quick at helping to improve things in her apartment.

Tour for care

We toured this very nice community for mom. We were happy the staff and that the community was very clean. They did have what we would look for at this time. We would recommend other families to take a tour to see if this is what they are looking for.

Care with mom

I turned this community for my mom. I like the staff and the cleanliness of the community. The meals seem to be appealing, They do offer a lot of activities. for the residents. We would recommend this community for good care and a nice value.

Neat and Tidy Community

My tour of this community went very well. I was impressed with how great the community looked. Everything was very neat and tidy. The staff appeared to be very cheerful and friendly. They were very kind to my family and I. It was a pleasant tour.

Excellent Care for my dad

I was very happy with the care that my father is getting from the great staff here at this nice community. We are very happy that the community is very clean. They have great activities for my father. He likes going to church and listening to music. The food is great, but they need a little more variety to choose from. I would recommend this for families wanting great care with a good value.

Mom's Great Care

My mom is very happy with the great care that she is receiving. They have excellent meals and a good variety. She is happy with the activities that are available . We would highly recommend this care for other families.

First Review

My sister and her husband visited before my wife and I, in our search for a new living situation for our mom. Their first impressions were very good, and when we visited, we also had a great first impression.

We especially liked the outdoorsy feel to the place, the outdoor shared spaces, the food choices, and the value - it was affordable. Onsite services are extensive and offsite transportation is easily accessible.

We decided to land here. The staff has been helpful and the residents seem cheerful and friendly. We will review again after about 6 months!

I liked this community!!

The staff member that conducted the tour was nice. One of the main reasons we did not choose this community is that they do not offer an assisted living area. The food looked good and they also have a deli available.

My Mom Is Having A Good Time

This community is a very good place for my mom and so far she is loving it here. I see the staff are nice and helpful, they clean her room every week and my mom enjoys that. There is a lot going on with activities and mom gets to enjoy a little of it. The food here is well-balance and very good! I feel my mom is getting spoiled her and Mom loves it here too. I would and have already recommended this community.

We are doing 110% better since moving into Brookdale Clear Lake!!!

My husband and I are so happy to to be at this community. We both love the food and the chef comes out to interact with the residents and helps out the wait staff as well. They play the piano during some meals. The community is clean and well taken care of. The staff is wonderful and well educated.

Taking Good Of Me

I'am doing very well at this community, they are taking good care of me and my needs. I'm still getting adjusted, but so far everything is working out well. The staff is very nice and friendly. They are very helpful and always there when I need some help. There are nice activities offered. The food is very good, I'am very impressed with the meals. It is a bit expensive, but if you can afford it, I would recommend it.

Very Nice Community

My mother in law is doing very well and she has adjusted well to the community. The community is well-kept, they do a good job keeping the facility clean. The staff is very good and helpful. She has tired some new activities and she likes the food. They are caring for her very well and I am pleased. It is a very nice community and I would recommend it.

Things Are Going Very Well

This is a pretty nice community and overall we are pleased with everything they have done for us. Everything is going pretty well for my mother. The community looks great and very clean.The staff is very good at what they do. They are very nice and very helpful when she needs some help. Only concern I have had been with the foods, they tend to serve the same thing. I would say they need more of a variety of food. Everything is going great and I would recommend this community.

Great food

The food here is great which is an unexpected bonus. The staff is very helpful and caring toward the residents. The facility is nice and well maintained. There are plenty of activities for the residents to engage in which helps them to socialize.

New Home

Beautiful place, great people

Nice staff

The staff here is very nice and professional. The facility is clean and well maintained. The food is really good here, which is a plus. There are a few minor maintenance issues and minor communication issues, but nothing too serious.

GREAT FOOD

This place is out of this world. Awesome place. I wish the food was not so good. When we go there we just eat and eat and eat. The food is good. We're very pleased with them.

Very Good So Far!

My dad has been here for a month, It is very good so far.

Everything Has Been Great

We have had nothing but a positive experience with Brookdale Clear Lake. Just a wonderful experience with the administrative staff and with the food and the atmosphere and everything has been great for my loved one.

Nice place

Overall our experience with Brookdale Clear Lake has been a good one. It's a nice looking place, and everyone has been very friendly. Really my only complaint is that I feel like there were some things they could have made clearer during the touring and sign-up process. As an example, we didn't know that they don't offer a full evening meal service until my loved one had already moved in!

Needs more maintenance

They could improve on some of the amenities on the floor in the public areas. They could fix the fans so the blow well too, just stuff like that. They just do not have enough maintenance people around here.

Great place to LIVE!

We are in the process of moving my parents into Brookdale Clear Lake. Peggy Schrodi provided them plenty of information to help them in deciding to move there. In addition to an attractive facility, the meal options and the various activities are a plus. The apartment was ready in plenty of time and the staff has been most helpful.

We have moved into Brookdale Clear Lake as a second home.

nothing to improve

I have only been here a couple of weeks, but I am very satisfied so far. I really can't think of anything they can do to improve.

we were not greeted well. T...

we were not greeted well. The tour was more like a sales pitch than a tour. not very warm. they didn't ask any questions about my situation.

Pleased

We’re very pleased with it. It’s very clean. The staff is also very friendly. My loved ones don’t really use much for care services. There are enough activities and they come in a pretty wide variety of activities. It’s a good value.

Appears to be great communi...

Appears to be great community for independent living, could use some updating and repairs. Preference all-inclusive meal plan hierarchy.

Too close to noisey traffic...

Too close to noisey traffic and the railroad.

Very nice place

I've been enjoying this place a lot, I'd give it a 5 out of 5! The staff are very friendly, and I really appreciate how accommodating they are. They're great about listening to your concerns and making sure that the issues are resolved quickly!

They did a very good job, with the transition.

They did a very good job, with the transition. For what we get it's probably a pretty fair price. They really are quick to respond to needs and concerns. They have good communication with the family. They are very accommodating, Diana has been wonderful, just making the move and talking to mom personally. They do have a good variety for activities. They have outings where you can get on the bus and go for a ride. Some of the residents can be a little clicquish, but she has been able to make some new friends. They have wonderful food. This has a very open feel and also very active and independent. They are really, really on top of it. The people that work there are just really really friendly and helpful. The one drawback is that the location is on a very busy street.

Loved it. Nice apt; buddy ...

Loved it. Nice apt; buddy system for new residents, lots of social activities and areas for residents to visit such as library, movie room, etc.

This is a lovely facility b...

This is a lovely facility but may be too independent for our parents at this time. Access to the apartments is outside which was less appealing for our parents. Also the monthly food system was less appealing than other facilities.

The Terrace at Clear lake

The Terrace is an Independent Living facility for active and mobile adults. The staff is very helpful and the facilities are great. This attitude flows over to the residents who are very friendly and sociable.

great place for Senior Independent Living.

Nice place

We didn't get the opportunity to use this community for long, it unfortunately just didn't work out based on our loved ones care needs. However, we would have no problem recommending them to others. It was a very pleasant place, and the staff were all very friendly.

Wonderful People

They have lovely people there. The lady that I worked with was just a delightful person but it was too expensive. She did offer me a discount and that was very affordable but the room was but it was on the third floor and it overlooked the parking lot and at that time I was having trouble walking and I also needed assisted living care possibility. They have a lot of activities there and the people were just wonderful.

The woman was so gracious and so lovely so I had to call her back and tell her that for health and financial reasons I had to choose another place. She said she understood and she just wanted me to have what I need. I thought that was nice.

No AC in the halls and set meal times

This was another one I was considering, beautiful place, big and modern, but two [removed] They had no air conditioning in the halls and elevators which meant that if you left your room you were in the open air and I couldn't imagine summers walking into that. Another thing was tey did not give you all your meals and you had to have your meals at certain times which was very restrictive I felt.

REVIEW OF THE TERRACE AT CLEAR LAKE, Webster, Tx,

I have not seen the property yet, however my daughter has had the best interactions with Nina Martin
Diana Jones, Reena ) and Angie in the Business Office. ( sorry I have misplaced the last names). I also have enjoyed informative conversations by phone with Ms. Martin and with Ms. Jones. My daughter was promised that Room 1106 would be totally redone including new cabinets. All promises were kept and the apartment is just lovely, so inviting and completely ready for me to move into when I get to Texas from Bend , ORegon.this next week.
I also want to tell you that the packet of information that was sent out to me early in my search for a new home was the very informative and met all my needs in forming an positive opinion of THE TERRACE AT CLEAR LAKE, Webster, Tx
Sincerely,
Dorothy W Reeves .

Needs More Communication

It's independent living. The housekeeping is fine. My mom's had some issues with the meals and the meal plan. That's one of the bigger things with the additional charges that come up at the end of the month. It's difficult to budget. You're supposed to pay a set fee but then there are these additional charges. I think there needs to be more communication on these additional expenses so we can determine a budget. My mom is comfortable but she has the same concerns that I do.

There were some broken AC units and they were very proactive and expedient on getting those changed out. It's a beautiful facility - no question there.

Not Good at Returning Phone Calls

We moved our aunt in there. She is so picky, the food portion is not the best. She's paying for food and she either doesn't like it, is in the hospital, or won't go down to the dining room. It would be nice if that could be paid for as used. They're very good except they're not good at returning phone calls so sometimes it takes them a while to get back to us. She's been in and out of the hospital since she's been there so she hasn't spend a lot of time there. She's been on one bus trip to the grocery store and like the bingo.

Seems great so far

I don't have enough experience yet to really know, they've been relatively attentive to mom. The food is pretty good and it's met all of our expectation, it's real clean, they do strict enforcement fo the garbage collection. Mainly they have them self policing, you have people on each wing that are kind champions of making people comfortable, letting them know what's going on. Mom is doing good, she has some memory loss, she's still pretty sharp and we actually made it feel like home over there. You have different levels of care, its a retirement community so you're supposed to take care of yourself but they have a concierge so you can get someone to help you with your meds, they have a beauty shop that all the ladies rave about, they have a movie theater and activities... it's pretty good so far

Swimming pool and spa. Onl...

Swimming pool and spa. Only weekday meals; two/day. Full kitchen for rest of meals in room. Close to hwy 45.

My children and I toured Th...

My children and I toured The Terrace on Saturday and it quickly became the front-runner for me; this was after seeing Village on the Park at Friendswood. Altho in some respects the facility is dated, the 1BR we saw was wonderful and of course, I love the pool. Also, I don't think riding my bike on the grounds will pose any problem and K would love that along with the 3 windows in the apt 'for her viewing pleasure!' Definitely my No. 1 choice!

Very Nice

It's very nice. I think the price is fair and comparable to what else is available. My mom and her husband haven't needed any care yet but knowing it is there is comforting. My mom is just having the best time. She loves it. He didn't want to leave his home but he's not complaining as much anymore.

I'm Very Impressed

My dad is very happy here. I'm very impressed. He does exercise classes and they take him on little trips. They have water aerobics, church services on Sundays, and different little social activities.

My dad says he's going to gain weight because they feed him well and it's very good food. He said the chef will make whatever they request. It's a very nice place!

Stands Way out In Front of the Others

We had been looking at several places but the Terrace stood way out in front of the others because of the size and layout of the room.

There's a remodel of the dining room in progress that should be finished in August, and I believe that they're getting new tables and chairs. It's a little rough because there's 2 eating times and mom has had trouble finding chairs because people have been getting there ahead of her. I've never seen dust or footprints anywhere else. They've kept it contained very, very well. The remodelers stop working during meals and that's very nice. There are new fans in all of the hallways, it's really pretty. Some of the other ones were in really bad shape, so that's nice, but on the first floor, they've redone the concrete sidewalk in the in-between area that will stay clean and clean easier. They will be continuing on the 2nd and 3rd floor (it wasn't sealed and is very stained). I would give the elevators a 1 out of 5 for cleanliness (they smell like garbage when you get in them, like someone's just emptied a garbage truck in there). I'm hoping that the tile in the elevators is non-slip because it is slippery when it's wet.

The staff is very good. I had to fax a few things to them to remind them of some things that they said would be taken care of when Mom moved in (carpets have not been cleaned - there's a very stubborn stain that could be paint but it was not cleaned on moving in.). My mother's very happy with how the staff have answered questions and taken her feedback, though. There is a wet mark on her ceiling that may indicate a leak somewhere in the attic.

Mom enjoys the food (she's not a foodie or anything like that) but it's usually something she likes, and they have a very versatile menu so you can have something else if you don't like what's being served as the meal of the day, and I think that's wonderful. I think they are very accommodating with that. There's a little box out in front so you can buzz yourself in if you come to visit. My mom says that she feels very very safe there, and she's talked to other women who've lived there for a long time and they also feel safe and comfortable.

Care Mom has a life-alert pendant, but she has to be careful with it because she accidentally pushed the button when she was moving in and someone was right there asking "Are you okay?"

I think they do very well. They have a bus for trips to Walgreen's and several other trips (bank runs, etc). I like how everything is available to her, I think it's really good that they provide that for her.

I feel that the Terrace is the place to go.

This is a lovely place. I could be v...

This is a lovely place. I could be very happy here (I think) A little pricey, and far more than I need. But the staff seems very friendly. Will get 1 b/r if I go there.I got complete tour, l/room, library, b/shop, caregivers, laundry, theatre, very impressed.Thank you.

great and very friendly and imformati...

great and very friendly and imformative...very impressed

Liked it a lot. A big community - ma...

Liked it a lot. A big community - may prefer a smaller one. Good price but dinner and weekend meals not provided were a minus.

Nice feel to the place. Open, airy br...

Nice feel to the place. Open, airy breezeways instead of halls. Major concern: Only serve meals Monday thru Friday.

Immaculate .. nice park-like atmosphe...

Immaculate .. nice park-like atmosphere... feel Dad will be comfortable here. Dinner not provided; I will have to bring every day. Brought Dad on another visit - he was very impressed with it and will schedule a lunch with residents later. Lunch scheduled for a few days later, with the Director. Dad enjoyed food and guests who visited our table. Would be first choice hands down if they provided all meals. We will have to think it over.

Immaculate .. nice park-like atmosphe...

Immaculate .. nice park-like atmosphere... feel Dad will be comfortable here. Dinner not provided; I will have to bring every day. Brought Dad on Saturday - he was very impressed with it and will schedule a lunch with residents later. Returned for lunch. Dad enjoyed food and guests who visited our table. Would be first choice hands down if they provided all meals. We will have to think it over.

This is my first choice for mom. It i...

This is my first choice for mom. It is near the hospital and the mall.

Brookdale Place Clear Lake provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.