Atria Friendswood - Friendswood, TX

Looks more like a nursing home

My overall impression of this facility looks more like a nursing home. It seemed a bit older and it was a lot more expensive. I have had a very good personal experience overall during our appointment visiting with them. I have a friend over there as well who has a loved one in the facility. They tell me that everything is going well for them.

Won’t take person that needs nursing home level of care.

Nothing Wrong With This Community

We will be moving my father in law to another community, because he is not happy here. However it is not the community we have a problem with, it just was not the right fit for him. They have a friendly staff, and they do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. It is a nice community with kind people. We will be moving him to closer location to us, and hopefully that will help the transition easier.

Not the right fit.

We toured Brookdale Friendswood and I also knew someone that was in the memory care section. I thought the memory care rooms were nice. I didn't care too much for the setup in the assisted living side. It wasn't the bright and open atmosphere we were looking for. It seemed to have an institutional feel. It wasn't the right fit for our loved one.

Nice tour

This is a very nice community and the staff did a very good job with our tour here, they showed us all around and answered our questions. the rooms were nice but the price range was not what we had set for my mom's budget. I would recommend coming for a tour.

Lovely Landscaping

This community just didn't feel like the right fit for my grandmother. It just gave us the feeling more along with lines of a nursing home rather than a assisted living community. There just didn't seem to be enough going on the residents didn't seem to be out and about socializing as much as I would have expected. The community was nice and clean and the staff was courtesy and professional.

Comfortable and Friendly

My mom was a little hesitant at first to the move but she seems to be adjusting very nicely now. They offer a wide variety of activities which she does participate in the ones of her choice. The staff is very friendly and on hand for any questions that may arise. Mom is not a picky eater so the food suits her just fine. It is an absolutely clean environment. It has a very homey feel. The fact of why she likes it there is she is comfortable being surrounded by her peers.

A caring home for mom

I am happy with a community and the care that is being received. The community is clean and they have had a good variety of meals that are healthy. They list of activities are offered for the residents that want to a participant .We would recommend the care and the value for other families for the care of a loved one.

Big facility...

When I toured this facility, I found it to be quite nice. However, we did not choose this location because it was a bit bigger and impersonal.

Perfect place for mother!

We REALLY LOVE this place, it is outstanding! The staff give my mother the care that she needs, and we like that the facility is smaller and more personal. Even from the time that I spoke over the phone with this facility, I knew that this was the perfect place for my mother! We are very pleased with her stay!

Work In Progress

I will say it still a work in progress for us here at this community. My mother is doing well, but we have had some issues. They have made changes in her medications, without my knowledge. These changes have sent her to the hospital. Hopefully things will move in a positive direction for us here at this community.

My father's care

I like this community for the care for my father. He likes the staff that are very caring. My father is not happy with the meals and they could use some small improvements.. They are offering him activities, but he said that they are more for woman and at this time he does not want to participate. They could offer more activities that are for men as well as women. The community is very clean and we are happy with this community is close to out home so that we can visit ofter.We would recommend the care and value of this community to other families.

Keep up the Good work!

The staff here has been super nice and easy going. In general the community is well kept and clean. The wellness nurse is really good about keeping me in the loop about my loved ones progression and needs. I would recommend them to my friends and family.

The building needs some attention!

The staff that offered the tour at Brookdale Friendswood were very friendly and knowledgeable. The community was an older building and was not as well kept as others we had viewed. We did not like the style of semi private rooms. They had a curtain to separate the beds. In another community we found semi private where the bathroom separated the room making it feel more private.

Brookdale Friendswood was not visually appealing!!

When I toured this community it did not look as clean or nice as the community my dad moved into. The rooms were not as nice. I did meet with the Marketing Director and found this was also more expensive than the community we choose that was nicer.

very good

Everything that I have seen so far with Brookdale Friendswood has been very good.

They take very good care of my mother and stay very much on top of everything. They got a very good understanding of my mother and her background to get to know her and hold a valuable conversation with her. It has been a really good experience and I would recommend them.

has been a good fit for mom

Brookdale Friendswood has been a good fit for mom. I like the staff and they are very attentive. They are great with the care they provide. Overall it has been a good fit for us. The only thing I would say is that mom has not connected well with the other residents. I would really like to see the staff work with the residents in fostering friendships with everyone especially new ones coming in. Other than that I am really pleased with everything here.

Too expensive

Very nice place. A little higher priced than we can afford. The staff was very nice and the rooms were nice also. Overall would certainly pick this place if price was a little more competitive.

Beautiful, clean, and well run.

Our loved one was only here for a short time. While he was here he was very pleased with what they did here. He said it was beautiful there. The first night we came the food was good, but maybe not as great on a daily basis. The dining room was really nice too. He liked that kids could come and visit. We felt it was very well run, and always clean. They had an ambassador a resident who already lives there, to kind of take him around and help him get settled.

Great place for your loved one.

Our experience with this facility has been very positive. From the beginning the staff was helpful, not over-bearing, informative and realistic. Since our family member has been living there we have had a few small issues and these have been resolved very quickly and to our satisfaction. Our family member is happy with the care and loves the food. We are very pleased with the service and care. We feel that as our family members health declines the staff will be able to care for him with competent, caring staff. We are so happy we called 'A place for Mom' who connected us with this facility. We toured 2 other facilities and chose this one because we saw staff taking care of patients during the tour and Linda (intake coordinator) answered all of our questions and concerns. We sleep better at night knowing our family member is cared for by great staff.

Caring Staff

My father-in-law has been here for 3 years and we have been very happy with the facility and all the staff. He spent 2 1/2 yrs in Assisted Living with beginning Alzheimer concerns. Memory Care staff kept a watchful eye out and helped us make the decision to move him to their section when the time came. Everything possible was done to make the transition as easy as could be for him. It is quite evident that all staff members in both areas take personal interest in all their residents and are genuinely concerned about their well-being. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a home for a loved one that needs this type of care.

Fit the bill rather nicely

Things seem to be going well with Emeritus at Friendswood. It's a nice looking community, they keep everything looking very clean and well kept. The staff have all been pretty friendly, and my loved one seems happy here. This place fit the bill rather nicely, and we're pleased with it overall.

Was nice, but more elderly ...

Was nice, but more elderly than I expected and not much in the social area that would work with this person

Three Levels of Care

Everything is pretty good here. They do very well with their communication. The food is pretty good - If I could rate it, I would probably give it a 4. I can't think of anything in particular that they could improve on. One thing we really liked is that they have 3 levels of care, so if our loved one ever needed progressive care, we wouldn't have to move them.

This is a very well run ass...

This is a very well run assisted living facility. Linda Rohlfs and Kathy Sayer did an outstanding job in an emergency situation when we visited the facility for a tour. We are not pursuing this facility at this time partially due to the cost and we are still considering whether we need assisted living at this time. I would definitely recommend this facility from a quality perspective.

This is it! Mom spent 40 y...

This is it! Mom spent 40 years in Friendswood and this place is perfect. She'll be able to re-join Mary Queen Parish and go to the quilting ministry she helped found over 20 years ago. We're very comfortable with placing her here.

I went to this one. It's pr...

I went to this one. It's pretty close, and I liked it. Just don't know at this point if my mom can manage that much independence yet and a place this size. She is getting better, but she still needs help with everything.

Not Suitable For Me

It's a carpet organization - one of the places with one in every city so it's more expensive. It wasn't suitable for me at all. It was nice and it was new and all but they didn't have very many apartments and most of the people were assisted living and the didn't have a lot of activities. It seemed like, the people needed more care than I did. The rooms were very small and it was a little pricey. The place was new but there weren't very many trees. It was nice and pretty because it was new but I would have to walk from one building to another to eat.

Separate Buildings

I wouldn't put my mother here because if you're in assisted living, it's an outside building and you had to walk across a big parking lot for your meals everyday. If you wanted to get to any of the activities you'd have to walk too.

Separate Buildings

It was nice. The one thing that made me chose another place was that the independent living at Emeritus was in a separate building and you had to walk across the parking lot from the main building. It's not a bad thing but for weather related conditions I didn't want my mother to have to go across the parking lot.

They're as quick as possible

We liked it very well, no real problems, the staff was friendly, we never had any problems with anyone there and they were always very helpful. I think the price was comprable, I think it was very good. Any of the assisted livings or facilities like that were all very expensive, but they're all very much in line and I felt that Emeritus was a good value. I mean, you definitely want to pay less but that's just not out there. I thought the care was very good, they were always there in a prompt way. There is an issue with all of the places, I think Emeritus is better than some, but they're helping so many people it takes a while, there's always a little bit of a wait. When I was there I experienced a pretty quick response time as long as they weren't helping another resident but that's sort of a give and take.

Helpful People

I'm moving my parents in tomorrow. Since they're not there yet it's difficult to comment on the care services or the activities. I see people playing dominos and doing other things. I like that they have 24 hour care and they do have an alzheimer's wing and a memory clinic and physical theraphy. It looks like anything they're going to need is there.

The people have been very helpful. The place is nice - right now they're repainting. My parents are going into level 3 care and I think it's reasonable. I don't know what other places cost.

This place does have a secure area wh...

This place does have a secure area where my dad cannot just walk out of the building. However maybe not someplace where he can be at night.

very nice & new, friendly people

very nice & new, friendly people

They didn't get off to a good start. ...

They didn't get off to a good start. Outreach coordinator was not there and no one knew anything about our appointment. We waited for them to find a staff member to show us around. She showed up obviously by the smell from a cigarette break and was not professional in dress or appearance. However, she was quite friendly as was the rest of the staff. The grounds were nice and the courtyard was beautiful. So was the dining room-very impressive but the menu choice was limited which actually surprised me since they rave about their food. I liked the independent living apartments but the assisted living area was too hospital-like with alarms always buzzing. My mother did not like the alarms or the smell. In spite of that she actually liked this place over the Hampton, I think mostly because there are a lot of Catholics there so a priest visits regularly and they are driven to a Catholic church nearby. This is the only reason why I rate it with three stars rather than two.

I liked the director. The place seem...

I liked the director. The place seemed nice, but a little worn.

Had a slight odor we didn't like. Asl...

Had a slight odor we didn't like. Aslo didn't like having to go to another building for independent living with no covered walkway and a key pad entry.

clean but nursing home feel. liked s...

clean but nursing home feel. liked size of rooms, icecream @3p menu to order meals in dining area open with large area v design memory care

Dad met a resident, Mr. Palmer, and l...

Dad met a resident, Mr. Palmer, and liked his apartment. Only drawback is uncovered walkway to main bldg where dining and community rooms are.

I got the tour by the Director of Mai...

I got the tour by the Director of Maintenance. That was a concern for me. I need to give the site director a chance to try again. She had left a message on the home phone said to call her back if I needed her to mail me any information or directions.