The Springs of Escondido - Escondido, CA

Friendly staff, people all seemed to know each other. Residents we met seemed happy and upbeat. Good schedule of events. Other pluses were response device included, rate lock available, nice courtyard, a la cart help services, good cost and good sized space with kitchen $2800/1bedroom. Minuses were: little dark and dingy, fairly small @114 residents, worried about mom being challenged and connecting with the older population.

Really good food with tons of options

This facility was honestly the best choice for my friend. The staff is very friendly and the food is really good. They have a lot of options the residents can choose from like a main menu, a healthy menu, and alternates just in case. The facility is very clean and housekeeping comes by her room once a week to clean up. There’s a schedule of activities every day and they just started having outings where the residents can sign up to go to the casino or on shopping trips. I would definitely recommend this facility.

Very Nice Community

My parents are doing very well at The Springs of Escondido. They really like it there. It is a very nice community with a lot of amenities. It is well-maintained and nicely landscaped. The meals are provided for them and the food is great. They are very happy with their apartment. The management is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

Nice place, convenient location. Staff very friendly, residents seem happy Very clean, nice decor, did not notice things in ill-repair.
Contracts out for assistance, I may be able to have IHSS help him here with a little extra help through the local service.

I took a tour!

My husband toured The Springs of Escondido and thought it was a nice place. The facility itself was nice and the people were friendly, but my mother in law did not want to live in Escondido.

Older setting...

The Springs of Escondido had some very nice people when we went on our tour. It was an older place with an older setting.

A beautiful community!!

They are going through a transition with the management. The food was delicious my first week here, however since the transition the food has declined. They have removed the pull cords and we now have a Life Alert system. They have activity and reading rooms on each floor. The community is clean and I feel well taken care of.

Not for me

I have already written a review, My observations have not changed. Too costly for what is offered.

Carpets still VERY dirty
No on-site manager at night
Food has too many carbs
No guest food coupons
No lift in Bus

Overall I am sorry I selected this place as it is not for me.

`

Holiday Retirement

Hello Mary, I'd like to thank you for reaching out with your comments.Your feedback is critical to our customer service, and sharing your opinions with us helps to facilitate that process. I'd like to put you in touch with our resident relations team, who would love to speak with you and learn more around your experiences. Can you give us a call? We can be reached at [removed]. Thank you!

This is where Ron was living. It doesn't fit. They use GPS units and have no one on premises at night

They always have a manager on site!!!

They have great activities at The Springs. Mom has a 1 bedroom with a walk in closet and a closet in the bedroom. It has a kitchen with a breakfast nook. This community was less expensive than other communities we looked at. The staff are wonderful and go out of their way to help. The food is good and they keep the community clean. I would recommend this community. The offer various activities such as bingo, bridge, WII bowling and outings.

This is a nice facility. I didn't care for the fact that the entry/lobby seemed to be the activity room, however, that wouldn't be a reason not to choose as the rest of what the facility offers is nice.

It is Lovely

This is a lovely community and my parents room is a very nice and spacious unit for the price. The people are nice and everyone seems happy here. Cathy and Russell are wonderful and have been very helpful. I felt that in the beginning I was not told everything to secure my room, but that was resolved and it has been better.

It Has Been Going Okay

My relative is living at this community and with their help he is getting better. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The facility is kept clean from what I see and have no concerns. My relative has been able to join a few activities and soon we will get him involved in more. His meals taste good to my relative and overall I am happy with the care I would recommend this community.

Overall I am happy with the Springs and would recommend it.

Grateful

I found this service very helpful

Fantastic Community

Fantastic is the word I use to describe our experience with The Springs of Escondido. It is truly a wonderful place to move your loved one to when you have to start considering senior living options. The staff is wonderful they have been helpful with my father and his needs. They are very available to us when we need them and are very attentive to my father. The food is outstanding we enjoy the meals. Everybody at this community from the staff to the residents are very friendly they make you feel like family when your there.

All Very Caring

I just thought that they were all very caring. They were very genuine with it. It was a real sweet environment, all the staff members were amazing. The work staff was real friendly. They were very understanding.

Great Place

They have been so helpful the lady that helped us get in went above and beyond to assist us because we had a lot of needs in the beginning. I have been very happy with this place.

Caring and compassionate staff

She is in a nursing home now, but hopefully she will be going back to the Springs of Escondido because it is a great place with a caring and compassionate staff.

So far they have been fine.

So far they have been fine. The people have been nice. The only thing I would say about meals, it takes about an hour and half, so it takes a while to get served. Other than that, I haven't heard any major complaints.

Springs

The food is tolerable. Some of the things said during the tour are completely false so I suggest you record it.
The WIFI is free but it is censured. Ordinary web sites from the news are blocked for some reason.

Can not believe how helpful they are. Such a great place.

People here complain about the food for good reason.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. We want to know specifics on how the food can be improved at The Springs of Escondido. Can you please call our Resident Relations department at [removed]?

Thanks,
Katie

Nice Facility and Good Value

The Springs is a nice facility and has a great staff, very helpful and friendly. For what you get it is a good value. I would not hesitate to recommend The Springs.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a really great job at The Springs of Escondido. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and from I have seen they are very interactive with the residents. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to provide for the people who live here. The only small issue we've had is that some of the maintenance issues we had when we moved our loved one in took a bit before they were resolved.

more activities

I think it would be great if the dining room at The Springs of Escondido was open all day. I think it would also be better if they provided more activities there. Overall things have been good at this facility.

Very friendly staff.Was happy to provide us with free lunch, when we took our tour and even invited us for dinner!Descent food and plenty, not five star restaurant quality but didn't expect that. Seems like a fair value for the money depending on your needs. Has separate service that does Ala Carte care-giving,currently only readily available during daytime hours from 7am-7pm, although there is 24hr on site person for emergencies.Currently only have pull cords in bedrooms for emergencies though,should update to wearable call alert type of system that clients can use from wherever they are, if they have a fall or other emergency.Could also use some other mostly minor upgrades that would make it nicer overall. Allows smoking in rooms and designated areas, so some areas have a slight smell of cigarette smoke,not a big issue to us but may bother some. Worth checking out,wouldn't feel bad for my mother to be there if it ends up fitting our needs, and much better than a nursing home for sure!

A Jewel of a Place

The Springs of Escondido is a jewel. It is the prefect setting for my aged father with a greater than average number of men in residence. The staff is friendly without being overly so and the amenities are pleasing to the eye and the spirit. There are daily activities for those who wish to partake of them and a shuttle service is there to help residents make appointments and to get out and about.
I feel I can relax and enjoy my father's later days knowing he is in excellent hands and yet still able to be as independent as he chooses.

care can improve

I feel that there is not as much care available as some of the people need. They have a contract with another company to provide the care, but I do not think it is quite adequate.

The assistant managers are very nice, as are all the staff, and the facility itself is very nice and clean.

All residents that I spoke with seem happy here. Residents very friendly and engaging. Liked the management and apartment. Affordable. Definitely want mom to tour.

4 stars

It is a very clean facility and the staff has been very nice, but the meal time is very inconvenient. The care services are not what I thought they were going to be. There is not many activities for the residents. It's an okay place overall, but there is definitely room for improvement.

very good experience

My mother has not been there that long (and she is in the hospital right now) but during the time that she has been there it has been a very good experience. She made a lot of good friends, and a pleasant enjoyable stay, enjoyed having them clean the apartment for her to take the stress off of her, etc. It was a very good experience with The Springs of Escondido and I would highly recommend them.

The best value around that we found!

It was the best value around that we found. They have been able to accommodate all our needs. We are extremely pleased. Everything has been great. I would recommend The Springs of Escondido to anyone. It is excellent.

It was decent, but several other communities are more impressive. If this were the only place I could afford to put my parents, I would still feel comfortable.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere review!

If you have any suggestions on how we can makeThe Springs of Escondido as appealing as other options in the area, we'd really like to hear them. Please feel free to call [removed] and thank you again for your feedback!

Katie

I have absolute no bad things about this place besides it could have a few more activities and more choices on food.

Everyone is very caring and friendly. There is an upbeat atmosphere evident each time I go to The Springs of Escondido to visit my parents who live there.

Overall this facility is very nice. Not a lot of outdoor space but what they have is pleasant. A lot of amenities and activities. Ample parking. The care givers are "a la carte" by a contracted company that is on site, so billing is separate per your needs.

very good

They have been very good at responding to my personal requests expeditiously. I have Parkinsons, so I require a lot of extra grab bars and other modifications to my living space, and they have graciously and speedily accommodating all my requests.

I would like to change their meal hours, but the food is better than I am accustomed to (though it's not five star by any chance).

The staff has been nothing but perfect

The staff has been nothing but perfect, communication and everything. I don't live in the area and they were able to notice when things were taking a turn for the worse. The value was excellent. They allowed smoking, which can be hard to find. The food was delicious, and they gave us a full meal with pork chops and even fed the movers when we brought her.

It was dirty.

It was dirty. They were strict on dining, if you don't show up on time, like when they serve the salad, if you show up after that then you don't get the salad! I didn't like the rooms. I didn't like the activities, or rather the lack of activities, and it wasn't a pretty place. The brochure was great but the actual building was not great. They showed me one apartment that was all stained, you shouldn't show people apartments like that! I thought they didn't really have assisted living, you have to hire your own caregiver on top of the rent.

Toured 11/20. Nice facilit...

Toured 11/20. Nice facility, staff very friendly and wanted to please. Food ok. Did not care for rigid mealtimes. Shuttle some what limited. Apts. adequate. Mom prefers 1st floor. Courtyard nice..

Beautiful Place

It was very beautiful and if it wasn't for another location here in Chula Vista, I might have chosen them. It was very pretty, it was just location that was inconvenient for me.
The rates were really nice. I had a meal there and it was very good.

Exceptional!

They're exceptional. I give them a 5+ for friendliness! Both my mother and father-in-law are there and they love it. All their friends that come to visit love it to. We haven't had to utilize any of the care services yet. I've been able to take care of everything myself but they meals and housekeeping are great.

I had been looking for about two year...

I had been looking for about two years. I went down and visited it a few times and I just felt comfortable there and I could afford it, it was in my price range. Also, it had the things I needed. I needed someone to cook for me and some light housekeeping. They also put me in touch with some medical people that I can hire if I need extra help. I am happy with the food too.

Homey Feel

I thought it was very nice but it was just too far away.
I liked the way they had it decorated. It was very homey and the apartments looked comfortable. The marketing people that were showing us around, we were especially impressed with them.

Mangmt friendly, residents seemed hap...

Mangmt friendly, residents seemed happy, food was very good Did not have a pool, facility old

Located on charming, secluded grounds in central Escondido, you’ll love our quiet country setting with the convenience of the city just minutes from your doorstep. We’re within walking distance of shopping, dining and medical facilities.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind