Pacifica Senior Living Escondido - Escondido, CA

Review of Pacifica

Our dear friend has been in the legacy part of Pacifica for 9 months and we are very pleased with the care given to her. The staff really seem to care about the residents and are very patient and good with them. My only wish would be that there was some level of medical care. We are new to this whole arena and have had to learn the ropes as we go. Pacifica has lived up to what they promised when we were touring and make our decision to place our family member.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

Review of Pacifica

This facility is top notch. My mother lives here. It has changed our lives. The staff is warm and friendly and genuinely cares about the well being of the residents. I was finally able to go on vacation after my mom moved into Pacifica because I knew she was being looked after. My mom has made a lot of friends and enjoys the music and activities provided, not to mention the new chef!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

The staff at this facility has treated my mom (and me) like family from the first day we came. My mom has a sense of “Safety”, she didn’t have before and when I have to go out of town for any length of time I know she will be ok. The care and communication is great! Come and put my words to truth-bring your loved one in for a despite stay and let the staff show you. come and try them out for yourself. This Pacifica staff is unbeatable!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

The care is great. Really nice friendly staff. Very helpful.

I really like the staff. I get along with everybody. They send me to the hospital as soon as I was sick.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido.

Everything is ok. I would like improvement on the ceilings take away the popcorn.

The staff is always happy. Food is really good. Everything I want is here. The freedom we get.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

I like everything about the community. I would like more entertainment.

We have a family atmosphere. I’m always meeting new friends.

I really appreciate everything they do for me.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 3 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

Love the staff. Love, love [Removed]. Not alone, have friends that is why I like living here.

For the most part it is good facility. We’ve had some issues with [Removed] but every now and then, lost clothing but all in all not so bad in compassion to other facilities my loved has been in.

I like them cooking for me I think my room is nice. Definitely like all the activities: Shopping, bingo, poker, casino is highlight of my life.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are pleased. We strive for 5 star reviews and would like to know what we need to do for you to raise this score! Please let us know! Thank you~

I’m happy here. I think I belong in a place this size. I think they are trying hard to keep up with my dietary needs. I like arts and crafts when they have things that are useful to make, wreath, bird house etc. I think the AD is in mind of things like sports and games as opposed to anything creative. I think the place is dirty, flood area needs new carpet. I worry about it because I fall. I like differed maintenance the people. I am concerned about the few that don’t have all the facts but spread gossip. The dining room and food has improved immensely. I live being here. I like the staff.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we're happy you found our staff to be supportive and we will share your comments with the team. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you.

In general everything looks great to me. The people and the staff.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, thank you for the high star rating! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day.

When I was here 5 years ago we had less help, less washers and dryers and more got done than what’s happening now. Mother same when I first came here. Issues with getting laundry. Food service has improved but turnover in the staff is too much. The staff now is still very great and superb. Difficult for me because I’m blind. He loves management.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we truly appreciate your honest feedback and we are disappointed to see your low star rating. We'd like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please reach out to us at [removed] at your earliest convenience to discuss how we can turn your experience into a positive one.

Because they serve such good food and I don’t have to cook myself. Some one comes and changes my sheet and I don’t have clean my house.

Pacifica Senior Living

This location feels like a family. The staff are professional and very caring. They seem very happy working here which you can feel their joy. They do not hesitate to go beyond the call of duty. Highly recommend this location.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Helpful Staff!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. Overall it was a pleasant experience it was just not the right location for us in the end decision.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Nice Community

Pacifica Senior Living Escondido is a nice community. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was clean and looked well-kept. We chose another community that was a better fit for our parents.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience with our community, we appreciate your feedback. Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you in the future, we are happy to help. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

A Great Move and Mom Likes It

The move has been going great. The community is a great place and my mom likes it too. She got her haircut one time. There are activities for those who want to do it. They also have a smokers spot that is in a small sitting area with a little cover to block the sun.
She is in a shared room that is kind of small but it works for our budget.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

Nice size room

This community is very nice, the staff is friendly and attentive. My mom has only been here a short while but she has started to settle in. Her room is very nice and has a balcony. She likes going to the dining room and hasn't had a chance to take part in the activities because of her cast, but she is looking forward to starting once she is out of her cast as she does need the extra help in getting around right now.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

Very friendly, a bunch of ladies hanging out in the entrance just hanging out (seems like they need a sunny sitting room for these ladies - very friendly tho). Carpet messed up in main hallway, from a plumbing issue. Dining room nice. A little dark but made me think of [Removed] Calendars. One tenent commented she really liked it there and breakfasts were great. Studio apt model was ok, not much of a kitchenette tho, just a sink and a very small fridge - no counter. Nice walkin in shower.
Concerns about budget, if level 2 care, will put him over income.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. Thank you again for letting our team know how we did! We look forward to helping again in the future. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

Older Community

When we toured this community it was very nice we liked it quite a bit. However, even though the community as a whole was nice we didn't like the setup of the floor plan. The staff was nice and helpful.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi there, we appreciate your honest review. We set a high standard for ourselves, so we are disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not a positive one. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us at [removed]. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience.

First class care

This is a great community for care. We like the staff who are always caring. The community is friendly and has a good environment for the residents.The menu is very good and we like knowing that he is please with the menu. Activities are offered and have been very helpful. We would highly recommend tis community for the grat care for a family member.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

Very Friendly Staff

We toured 3 facilities in Escondido before choosing Pacifica. There were 3 other family members besides myself touring. We met the tour guide -[Removed], head of the memory unit. She gave us a very complete tour which included the public areas as well as a few apartments. She knew EVERY resident's name and took time to chat with every single one as we passed them in the halls.
Since my mom moved in, we have had some challenges. The one with the menu (mom has Celiac & Diabetes) is one mom needs to adapt to. They do provide some options in gluten free breads and baked goods. The kitchen staff can be a bit abrasive if you show up at closing. The kitchen closes at 6pm and if you show up at 5:50 they let you know they aren't happy. Any other issues that have come up, we have been able to resolve with the appropriate staff.
Mom is happy and making friends quickly. The age range is broad from late 50's to over 100. Since mom falls in the middle, she is happy to have such a diverse crowd.
Some residents have pets living with them. There are cats that "visit" mom's patio which she enjoys. There are a few small dogs as well. The barking can be annoying at times but it isn't prolonged or overly loud.
Overall I would recommend Pacifica Escondido.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your detailed positive review. We are honored that you chose our community and will do our very best to make accommodations for your mother. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention regarding the kitchen staff, we will remedy this immediately. W agree with you, we have a fantastic community and team. We all love what we do and invite you to come in at any time or call with any questions.
Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Very nice. Slightly more cost. Shared rooms available.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive 4-star review. Your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide.

A Great Tour!

Very nice community. The grounds are kept up. The staff was really helpful with all the questions that I had about the community. The community also was kept very clean and tidy.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thanks for the detailed review, Pacifica Senior Living Escondido - Escondido, Ca Visitor. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review!

Very nice staff. The facility needs a little tender love. The dining room is very nice. They are adding Memory Care, so taking away from the "campus" and places to walk.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Escondido take our reviews very seriously. We are sorry to see that you only gave us 2 stars, as we strive for 5's. We are glad you brought this to our attention and will share with the Corporate office. If you'd be willing, we would love to talk directly with you about these issues.

Pacifica Senior Living Escondido, [removed]

Everything Is Going Well

Everything is going well for my father in law at this community. He has caused a little problems, but the staff has a handle on the situations very well. The community is nice looking and clean. They have wonderful staff, they have been great with all the help they give. They do offer great activities. The staff has been encouraging my father in law to try some. He likes the food, and that is good because he's a really picky eater. It has been a good experience and I would recommend this community.

Thank you for leaving us your 5 star positive review. We greatly appreciate it~

Wonderful choice for assisted living

My mom has been at Pacifica for only one month, but so far we are so thrilled with this choice! The staff are lovely, from the administrators to the food servers. The residents are friendly and active and seem well cared for. My mom tells me constantly how good the food is, and the housekeeping/laundry service is great. Before Pacifica, she was spending all her time in her room. Now, I have trouble calling at a time when I can catch her there. She's enjoying the entertainment regularly, and spends a lot of time walking outdoors. All in all, we LOVE Pacifica!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you SO much for your positive review! We LOVE to see reviews like yours. We are so happy that and your mom are happy.

Exceeding Expectations

Feeling the pressure of time and demand of affordability; the priority of safety and the non-negotiable of quality care, I was not sure we would find a place for my mom that could meet those needs.
I'm overwhelmed with gratitude to say we found just that at Pacifica.
Their responsiveness to my call, the unpressured information and professional assistance they provided allowed for a perfectly timed, incredibly peaceful transition after a life changing stroke/hospitalization/rehab. that left my mom unable to return to her home.
Every person in every position within Pacifica has been pleasant, professional, and over-the-top wonderful. The facility is beautiful, and it's quickly become "home" for my mom.
We couldn't be more pleased, Pacifica has exceeded our expectations. We are so thankful!

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your stellar review! We are so very pleased to see that we have exceeded your expectations and that your mom feels like she is home away from home. l We work very hard to be sure our residents are comfortable and engaged and well cared for. Please feel free to contact us with and question comments!

All levels, not just independent. Residents ok but not that engaged. Common areas nice but apartment dreary.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We have recently undergone a complete remodel and added new interesting activities for our residents. We invite you to come back for a free tour and see how we have changed things for the better. We are having a Holiday party this month on the 22st. We would love to see you! Please contact us for more details. [removed]

This facility is the one we have chosen to place my mother-in-law,even though it is located in a part of Escondido that is getting run down. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Even though it was being remodeled it was very clean and smelled nice. The Alcove unit is the one we picked. The shower was the determining feature, open and easily accessible from her wheel-chair. Angelica was very professional and extremely helpful.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, we are thrilled that you chose our community for your mother-in-law. We appreciate your insight and will share this review with Angelica, we are extremely proud of her professionalism and warm, friendly demeanor. We look forward to seeing you again!

Depressing facility. Price is low and this seems to be a good example of you get what you pay for. Some of the staff we encountered didn't really seem to want to be there. They are doing a remodel, but even the newly remodeled areas looked very "old lady." Pretty grounds with nice trees. Neighborhood was kind of sketchy.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hello, thank you for your review. We wanted to let you know that our community recently went through an extensive renovation and looks gorgeous. Feel free to see our photos on our website, we are sure you will agree. We are very proud of our warm friendly staff and the activities they provide to their residents. For example, they went to a Padre game a few weeks back, bake desserts and have movie night! They also post many pictures of their weekly activities on the Facebook page.

The facility was nice enough and I really liked the space in the room but they lack in the outside areas and community space. There is one nurse on location but there is limited assistance: ie: cannot give shots, etc. They are going through construction and updating which is nice to see.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that you feel the outside and community spaces are lacking. We have added a vegetable garden and have large open grassy areas to enjoy.
The remodel is complete and we would love to take you on a tour of the updated community. Please contact us at your convenience. [removed]

8/19 - Spoke with Angelica ...

8/19 - Spoke with Angelica 1 BR - $2,370 Outings - Tues & Thurs Exercise class every a.m Housekeeping & Laundry (clothes also) included Transportation to Dr. Dining - weekly menu (not all hours)

Hi,
Thank you for your positive review.

good- will be updates soon,...

good- will be updates soon, small balconies and just okay grounds

Hi,
Thank you for your review. Our remodel is complete and we are very proud of the new and improved community! We would love show you around and prove to you that things have changed for the better.

Staff is VERY attentive, helpful and ...

Staff is VERY attentive, helpful and friendly

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review! We are very pleased that you are happy.

We toured this facility. I...

We toured this facility. It has a pleasant atmosphere. The units were small but adequate. Residents were out and about. There seemed to be a good variety of activities. Staff was friendly.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Escondido is a beautiful pet friendly community with a fantastic staff. It has recently been renovated and we have the photos on the website. Check it out and let us know what you think! We are very proud of the renovations and the residents love it!

Happy Mother-in-Law

My mother-in-law is very happy there. She's independent right now. They do meals and housekeeping and all that is very good. The activities are there but I don't know how much she's taking part in them. I think that the cost, for what you get, is very good. They're in a very safe area and they take care of the residents. They check them in and check them out and keep track of them. We're very happy with them. My mother-in-law was not wanting to go, of course, like 95% of people don't want to move but she's happy. The food is good.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you Son-In-Law, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that your mother-in-law is happy and that she like the food. We have many interesting and engaging activities for our residents and recently started a Facebook page with photos. We hope that you check it out! Thank you again.

Excellent and Friendly!

Excellent! I only have good things to say! Ultimately, I just love the fact that they are bending over backwards to meet the needs of my grandmother. They've made it so easy for us to place her there. It was a tough transition for her. She didn't do in to assited living until she was 97 - she didn't want to lose her independence. They've been trying to make her comfortable and include her. She can't get over how accomodating and friendly the staff is.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are so happy to hear that you were pleased, and that we could assist you and your grandmother during her transition. We have many interesting activities and programs for our residents of all ages.

A little older facility, but clients ...

A little older facility, but clients were up and about looking happy. Friendly staff.

Pacifica Senior Living

The community recently went through an extensive renovation. It is looking great! If you are looking for a pet friendly community with a warm friendly staff, Pacifica Senior Living Escondido is the place to be.

living at an Pacifica Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of our family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.