Westmont Town Court - Escondido, CA

All positive. Want to make sure my mom qualifies for assisted living by their nurse. PR rep and CEO amazing. Felt real and caring.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for the great star rating and positive review. We are so glad that you had a pleasant experience with our community & staff.
-Westmont Town Court/Westmont Living

Two terraces facing courtyard with new kitchen and fixtures. Good activities. @160 residents with 60% independent. Licensed assisted living care. Little dark common areas. Great outdoor courtyard area for walking, lounging, entertainment. Good vibes.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review on our community.
-Westmont Living/Westmont Town Court

[Removed] gave us a very good informative and friendly tour. We could also live at Westmont Town Court.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community. -Westmont Living

Wonderful tour but has a waiting list

We had a wonderful tour of this community and the staff did a great job answering all our questions and we felt this community would have been a great fit for my mom but unfortunately, there was a waiting list. This is a very nice community

I Came and I Saw

The tour I had was fine. It was a good view of the community. Everything is saw was good. I was looking for a place that was more small with the homelike atmosphere. The person I met with was nice and professional.

Nice fit!

Westmont Town Court is a very nice community. My mom is slowly settling into her new home. Everybody is very friendly and nice. They provide my mom with good care. The food is good, I've eaten there myself. They have well-balanced meals for the residents. My mom has let me know that they do run out of food choices sometimes .My mom enjoys the activities that they provide, she loves to swim and participates in the exercise classes. I wanted to especially thank [Removed], my advisor from A Place For Mom for all of her help and providing us with information and options.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community. We noticed your concern about the food and we notified our staff. -Westmont Living

Please Return my phone calls!

At the beginning, when I was still "looking" for a place, I always received responses to my emails or voicemail messages I left. Now that I have placed my father in this facility, I can't seem to get any responses to my emails or voicemails that I have left. It is regarding billing and [Removed], the office manager doesn't return my calls. I have even sent emails to Shelly, the person I had signed up with, even though this I not her area and have not received a response. The bill was due on July 1st and there is a 5 day grace period then you pay a late fee. Today is day 5. I started leaving messages on June 19th or 20th. I spoke to the nurse that does the assessment for the assistance needed on Sat., July 1st. She said she would have [Removed] get back to me. Still no response! I am not happy with this lack of response to my questions about their charges which are much higher than what I was told I would be paying.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for alerting us to your concerns. We apologize that your experience was less than positive and did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in responding to our customers concerns to ensure we can make immediate corrections when possible. We have relayed the concerns directly to our team and would appreciate your time to further discuss any additional specific information that may help us resolve those concerns. Please reach out to us. We value all of our residents and families and your insight is of the up most importance to our Westmont Living family. - Westmont Living

Greatful & Relieved

I immediately felt comfortable the minute I walked into the Westmont facility, with the people, the look of the place, and their process for the elderly. I visited other facilities in the area after that, but none of them seemed to measure up. As time was an issue for my mom to be moved into a facility, I chose Westmont, and after moving her in, getting her settled, and overcoming a few adjusting issues, I feel even more confident now about the decision that ever. I am very grateful for the peace of mind that I feel, and the care my mom is getting.

A nice view!

My friend almost went with this community but it was more expensive. She really liked one of the rooms, it had a beautiful view that she loved. The staff was very friendly and it was a good experience to tour.

Tammy Lee

Seemed nice. Patrick, the director told me they would not consider a memory client to live in Assisted Living. In Assisted living: Nice big units. Nice dinning room. Friendly staff. The memory care unit was cozy but there was not much nice outside space to sit or walk. IN the middle of downtown Escondido.

A tour for care

I toured this community for the care for my mom. the staff were nice and were able to answer my questions on the care that is available. The community was clean and they did offer alot of great activities. This is not what we wanted, but we would recommend other families to tour this nice community for a good place for a loved one.

Been pretty impressed!!

So far my dad seems to be doing well at Westmont. He has gotten to know several residents and has started to get involved in some of the discussion groups. He likes the food and the open dining option. We have had good interactions with the staff. The community is clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Good Care

My mom was not here long, due to other needs. My mom said that she did not get the care that she wanted. The staff was friendly but they did not communicate with each other on her care. We did not always understand the needs. It was not a good choice for her at this time. She was not happy with the community. She did not like to participate in the activities that were offered. I would recommend this for other families

Tammy Lee

If choosing today this would be the facility I would choose for my parents, however, it is their decision.
I like the indoor pool and the courtyard.

The Care Is Very Good

The experience is going great. My mother-in-law is living in a clean community and she is eating good food. The employees are attentive and it has been easy for me to speak with them if I need. Overall I am happy with the care that is provided.

Tammy Lee

Really nice rooms; smallish outdoor common area

We Are Very Pleasant

My mother is doing great here at this community, they are caring for her very well. She made the transition to the community very easy. It is a nice community, they do a pretty good job with keeping everything nice and clean. My mother's room is well-kept. The staff is wonderful, they have been very helpful and friendly. She is trying out some new activities. The meals are nice, she is pretty pleased with the food. I'am confident about the type of care she is receiving.

Pretty Expensive for Mixed Returns

My loved one has been living here for several years and it has changed considerably during this time. Although it was wonderful at first, it has gone downhill in several areas. The worst aspect is the food service. They do not consider the dietary needs of seniors and what they serve is completely lacking in nutritional value. Most often the entrees are fried and the vegetables (except for the salad bar) are rarely fresh. Everything is purchased from a food service, and probably a cheap one at that. The food is awful and frequently inedible. The apartments are lovely but the cleaning service is overworked and probably underpaid. The staff is continuously changing; which is extremely confusing and upsetting to the residents. The activities are uneven: they recently began some exercise classes, which my loved one really appreciates, but they have little in the way of anything intellectually stimulating. Recently they cut down on the mindless craft activities (think: kindergarten) and began offering more movies, but the residents have taken it upon themselves to form discussion groups. There is no care. My understanding is that the most the on-site person can do is a blood pressure reading--s/he is not even a nurse practitioner. If anything feels wrong, they offer to call an ambulance. The furniture and many of the doors are heavy, showing a lack of consideration for seniors' lack of strength. They used to have round-the-clock staffing, but that has disappeared as they continue to cut expenses. On the plus side, they have a wonderful library, lots of card games are organized, and sometimes there are musical activities. There is a nice fitness center and an indoor pool, as well as an on-site hairdresser (very 1950s) and manicurist (much more expensive than the local nail shops). If you can live with the horrible food and don't require much in the way of care, it is not a bad place. But the price is pretty steep and the transportation they provide is only to prescribed locations, which limits the possibilities for those who don't drive.

Tammy Lee

We have relayed the concerns directly to our team and would appreciate your time to further discuss any additional specific information that may help us resolve those concerns. Please reach out to me directly at [removed]. We value all of our residents and families and your insight is of the up most importance to our Westmont Living family. Sharyl Ronan, senior vice President of operations - Westmont Living

Residents Are Very Friendly

We are really enjoying Westmont. It is by far the best community we looked at for my mother. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the cleanliness of the community is great. It was one of the things that stood out when we toured. Due to the fact we had to move her so quickly, it is taking some time for her to adjust but that is to be expected. She has made some new friends with residents at the community. Overall, the feeling of the place is great and the residents are very friendly and welcoming. I would recommend this community to my family and friends.

Tammy Lee

Our first feeling was that this site was on a busy street, however, once we were inside, that feel disappeared. The facility was clean and homey. The residents that we encountered all responded positively when we asked them how they liked it. Julie [removed] was a great source of knowledge and resources.

great food

It is really clean there. He is really happy at this facility. The food is really great which is why we switched him here.

Tammy Lee

Quality of care goes down while prices soar

Sold to a "for profit" company last year. Rates much higher than advertised. Studio Apt. now $2,825.55. Monthly assisted living care is $2,874.35. ($5,647.65 per month). New rooms are nice but older rooms are falling apart. Too much staff turnover, apparently getting cheaper staff is a constant goal. Assisted living residents should only be housed on the first floor! In case of a fire, not enough staff to take disabled/non-ambulatory residents down stairs when elevators are unavailable! 3% rent increase annually! Housekeeping needs to be better and more frequent. When "assessing" resident's needs, some areas and fees overlap so you pay twice. Quality of care decreasing and costs are rising to maximize profits. Sad to see this happening to this facility.

A Great Choice

The apartments and facilities are very nice but the staff really shine. The friendly people at the desk, especially Bridget, make you feel welcome as soon as you walk in the door. Everyone has been very kind and made the difficult transition of moving my mother to assisted living much easier. Beth

Tammy Lee

Nice bright assisted living.

My mother has only been here for a couple weeks so I don't have any long term experience. I looked at several assisted living facilities but I found that most of them were a bit dreary and dated. When I came to look at Westmont Town Court I was happy to find attractive, bright, apartments and facilities. I think that the staff, especially Helen and Julie are very kind and helpful.

Tammy Lee

I really liked this facility. The common areas are very nice and it offers an indoor pool, fitness room and a small store. Interaction between employees and residences is very good. The location is close to Grand Ave (lots of activities to attend). They have a nice secure parking garage with ample parking for visitors. Prices are reasonable.

Tammy Lee

very nice but too high rise...

very nice but too high rise and ugly views from windows

Tammy Lee

There are a lot of activities.

There are a lot of activities. The residents are very friendly. I’m perfectly happy here. Sometimes the food is very good, sometimes it’s fair, sometimes it’s poor. It varies. I haven’t had any issues with the laundry.

Tammy Lee

Visited 11/15. Nice facili...

Visited 11/15. Nice facility, newly painted and carpeted. Food good. Flexible eating times. Shuttle allows for some flexibility. Courtyard being re-done. Apts. adequate. Nice library.

Three Meals A Day - No Exceptions

This was three meals a day, no exceptions. They did offer full kitchens which my mom liked but she didn't want three meals a day and I think they were more expensive.

Tammy Lee

They've Gone Downhill Fast!

They were very very very good and then they got bought out and it just went downhill fast. I would not recommend them. It was wonderful the way it was and we gave them 7 months to right the ship and they didn't. The food went downhill. All the original employees that had been there for years and years were let go. They went though chef after chef. I think they went through 3 in 6 months. The kids in the dining room were not trained well. It was a mess. There were things happening that should not have been happening.

Tammy Lee

Westmont Town Court is centrally located in Escondido, within walking distance from the Historic Grand Avenue Downtown District where residents can enjoy unique shops, fine eateries and medical services as well as cultural performances and fine art at the nearby California Center for the Arts. Our community is dedicated to providing inspired retirement living to our residents by offering beautiful remodeled spacious apartments and unique amenities such as our relaxing courtyard, our extensive library and our indoor swimming pool and spa. Most importantly, Westmont Town Court offers a friendly neighborhood feel in a comfortable, worry free, environment where neighbors really do become friends and friends become family.

Please call or click today to schedule your complimentary lunch and community tour. We look forward to serving you.