Las Villas Del Norte - Escondido, CA

Excellent facility, reasonably priced, easy access/location. Facility and Staff were knowledgeable and residents seemed well cared for.

This was a very nice facility. We love the people and the layout. [Removed] was very helpful too!

Knowledgeable and friendly staff

My Dad lives here currently. The staff has been good with trying to help him the best they can and they seem knowledgeable about the type of care he needs. When he gets upset about things, they seem to be good at being able to redirect him. The food sounds like it’s pretty good and there are plenty of options to choose from. There’s a pretty assortment of activities the facility provides. The residents can go to church on Sundays, do things in the garden, and there’s a weekly family group for people who have loved ones with Dementia. Overall, I would recommend them.

Pefect for mom

I like the fact that the staff here engages my mother to come out of her room. They have a lot of daily activities. The caregivers and the management are open, quick and reliable to our replies. I like that the rooms are carpeted, they keep it very clean and well kept. The communication from the staff is also a plus. The food is good and they have family lunches a couple times a month. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a place for their loved ones.

I toured this community

The staff was friendly and helpful during the tour. They answered all of my questions I had. The property was OK. But the rooms were to small. We wanted a more spacious apartment. Just not what mom was looking for.

[Removed] was informative and understood the issues I was facing as I searched for a place for my father. I was especially impressed with the levels of care offered, as well as the beautiful backyard area, which was very inviting for walking and relaxing.

Heartland Village at Las Villas Del Norte

My mom has been diagnosed with moderate dementia and resides in the Heartland Village memory care facility within Las Villas Del Norte (LVDN), under the excellent and able perview of [Removed].. My mom has a spacious room with a very tranquil view of a sunny little courtyard with a lawn, shrubs and trees. It's very peaceful and her visitors are always impressed with her room and surroundings. Her room also includes a private bathroom. My mom is elderly and enjoys her room and the care and attention that she receives from the Heartland staff. Her caregivers are all very caring, friendly and patient. They understand dementia and cheerfully help my mom with all her daily requirements. They provide the level of care and assistance that my mom has always wanted so she is very happy to be at Heartland and has verbally said so.

The residents at Heartland are provided with a lot of different activities on a daily basis. Unfortunately, my mom is very sedentary and doesn't participate in all the activities offered but the staff keeps trying and occasionally gets her to participate in activities like flower arrangement. Normally, my mom prefers to stay indoors but, this summer, she wanted to attend the annual luau (with Hawaiian entertainment) held in LVDN's large outdoor and grassy courtyard. She enjoyed the buffet (set up across from the pool), the outdoor setting, the Polynesian entertainment and her souvenir flower and shell leis. My mom enjoyed the entire outing and so did I.

The food service at Heartland Village is very nice. My mom is on a low sugar diet and the daily meals are well-balanced and include a good variety of entrees. My mom enjoys her meals but she's not a big eater. Because of that, I've had the opportunity to sample some of her meals and found them to be quite tasty.

One service that I appreciate at Heartland Village is the transportation service to and from medical appointments. My mom's in a wheelchair and doesn't transfer well from the wheelchair to my car. With the LVDN bus, she's easily driven to and from her appointments. And, if I can't be at an appointment, arrangements can be made for a caregiver to escort her and stay with her during appointments. It's a very convenient service.

Another healthcare feature that we've taken advantage of is the LVDN Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF). My mom had an emergency surgical procedure done and, as an LVDN resident, was given priority for admission into the LVDN SNF for post-hospital recovery. My mom had had other unhappy experiences with other SNF's but this one was completely different. For my mom, it was like going home. And when she was discharged, she was taken from the SNF, through an adjoining door, straight into her apartment in Heartland. It was simple, my mom was happy and all arrangements, and the actual transfer, were scheduled and handled by the LVDN and Heartland staff.

There is also a nurse on staff at LVDN, 24/7. My mom falls occasionally and, when that happens, the nurse on duty will examine my mom, make the determination as to whether or not she should be sent to the nearest ER for further examination and/or treatment and will call me immediately to let me know about the incident and decisions.

For future planning purposes, LVDN also has a care section for bed-bound residents. I like the idea that my mom, in that eventuality, has an option to move to an area with more extensive care in a place that she's familiar and comfortable with. And, as a current resident, she'll also have a priority status for residency in that section.

We have found LVDN to be a very nice, well-maintained facility, with a friendly, competent and courteous staff. My mom receives very good care and is happy to be in Heartland Village.

My View of the Community

The tour I had was fine. It was a good view of the community. Everything is saw was good. I was looking for a place that was more small with the homelike atmosphere. The person I met with was nice and professional.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us. We are sad to hear you went a different direction.

We enjoyed our short stay!

We spent a short time at Las Villas and it went great! The staff took great care of us there, and we received the rest that we needed to return back home. We were very pleased with our stay!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences were pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Nice rooms but the food needs some work

My loved one is still adjusting here. I know he's not happy with the food, he said it's very boring. I think they need to get residents more involved in exercise programs. He said he went on a walk with them a few times but they offer one piece of equipment that serves dual purposes. We chose Las Villas because we really liked the layout of the room.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback. Our top priority is making sure our residents receive the proper care. We work hard to create the best environment possible for our residents.

Happy Mom, Happy Family

Our mom has been there for 1week, so far so good. We've gone by to check in every day and she has been happy and busy....too busy to visit with us.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback, Lauren! We are glad to hear your mom is loving her new home!

They have a lot to offer for the price.

Mom is doing surprisingly well at Las Villas. The staff are nice and starting to seem more attentive. The food is healthy and well balanced, however it is bland. The community is clean and well maintained. Mom likes to participate in some of the daily activities they offer. The rooms are larger and the community is more open than some of the other communities we looked at.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

My father was here for a short time before his passing. The staff was understanding and compassionate during this time. I would recommend them.

Great care!

So far, the staff at Las Villas Del Norte have been taking very good care of my loved one. The place is nice and clean and everyone that I have come in contact with on my visits is very nice as well.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Everything is Working Out Well for Us at this Community

This is a nice community, and my loved one is doing very well here. She has adjusted pretty well to it, and I'am comfortable with her move here. They have a great staff, and they are taking good care her, and her needs. They do a good job with keeping the facility, and everything neat, and tidy. Everything is working great, and this is a community I would recommend.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we love having your loved one here.

Las Villas Del Norte in Escondido CA in every department has
demonstrated: genuine, kind, caring and competent staff by providing my mother the ideal place to live. My mother was at a point in her life where it made sense but was a difficult decision to move from her home into attended Senior Living. She has lived there for 9 months. I can now say with 100% certainty (hindsight is always 20/20) this has been one of the best life choices we could have made for Mom. 24/7 safe and secure living, well maintained, clean, beautiful facilities all the time, delicious healthy meals, and staff at every level that really care about Mom's happiness and well being. We have watched Mom improve in every way. Overall health, skin, hair, attitude, mobility, mental clarity, daily and consistent happiness. On those difficult days (we all have them) for Mom, the staff demonstrates patience and compassion to get her back on track. Overall facilities and staff as consistently dialed in as Las Villas Del Norte are rare finds. A loved one living here is truly blessed and fortunate. Feel free to call me.

Over and Above!

The staff at this community is very nice and compassionate. They gave me a list of all the activities they offered. The staff also allowed me to eat lunch while taking the tour. The food is great and they have a nice size dining room for the residents.

Secure knowing that medical help is available

My sister moved there about three weeks ago and seems to like everything very much. She moved there from a 100% Independent Living retirement home where there was absolutely no medical assistance available. Otherwise, she loved everything about that previous place.

She feels secure at La Villas del Norte knnowing that nurses are available should she need them.

I really favor this facility. I really like the idea of the levels of care all at the same site.

Enjoy the variety of activities, scenic drives, shopping trips several times a week, and bus trips to restaurants.

A nice place!

I took a short tour of this community and I noticed it currently looked a little tired. They are however doing some upgrading and remodeling. The staff were gracious. They did not seem as accommodating as where my mom is currently.

nice facility

The could offer a little more activities on the weekends. Overall it is a nice facility. My mom enjoyed her time there.

So far so good. No major complaints at this point.

So far so good. No major complaints at this point. One of the things that was important to me was the ability to go outside, and they had two nice areas. they were very reasonable and competitively priced.

Numerous conversations with Robbi; very nice facility and program due to it being brand new. The deficiencies we saw, for my Dad, were the schedule did not accommodate someone like him -- mostly music and art, of which he would not participate. He needs more stimulating activities like cards (poker, pinocle, cribbage), billiards, and bingo.

Shower

My loved one wasn't showered in over 10 days

It was good

It was good at Las Villas Del Norte. I really have no complaints about the facility. It was a good experience but dad was difficult and we did have to remove him from there. Other than that things were fine.

It Is Okay

I do not really have a comment to make about Las Villas Del Norte. It is an "okay" facility I guess. I gave it a four-star rating overall, because not everything about it is the same, some things are rated more than others.

far and away the best

The staff at Las Villas Del Norte is far and away the best. I am very please with them. I have seen my husband eating the food there and it seems really good. My husband does not participate in any activities but they do offer them. I am so pleased with this facility.

very accommodating and considerate

Everybody at Las Villas Del Norte has been very accommodating and considerate. I do not have any complaints at all and would highly recommend them.

Too bad there was no spot available here. This one has the advantage of a larger facility with all the amenities combined with an understanding of the individual needs of the senior residents. Perfect.

nice place to be

I live a good ways away, and they have definitely been available for me any time I have needed them. I have always been able to get a hold of somebody, and they have made the process of me managing things long distance as easy as can be. There was one instance where my mother had a fall and upon return from emergency at 3:00 a.m. to inform them that my Mom was back in her room, one of the caregivers at the time was not paying attention so that was an issue, but I did address that with them and since then everything has been fine. I think it is a pretty nice place to be.

This was a nice facility, but, too many bells and whistles for what my 92 yr old mother-in-law.

The campus is very spacious inside and out. Ranked 2nd out of 13 on our San Diego county visit.

My mother was familiar with this facility and really liked it, unfortunately it was just a bit too big for her and has decided on a smaller more intimate one.

Overall this is a very nice facility with a lot of amenities and very nice outdoor space including a pool that is heated for year round use. The level of medical help sounds excellent. The only downfall I saw was the lack of parking. There is NO visitor parking and very little street parking. They are working on acquiring parking spaces next door.

They could improve a little on the food and activities. We found a disconnect between what we were told about the care that my mother in law was going to get versus what she has actually received.

That said, there is plenty about Las Villas Del Norte to praise. The rooms are really nice, and all the people there are exceptionally friendly.

It's a good place, but the new management needs a little work.

It's clean, and the staff is really friendly. The food is pretty good, it's restaurant style, but not quite like being at a restaurant. They have activities going on. It's a good place. The only real issue is with the management. They don't really seem to be very together, the one hand doesn't seem to know what the other one is doing. They did just change management, and it hasn't been very smooth.

This wasn't the best set up for us.

This wasn't the best set up for us. Everything was a la carte, there were a lot of extra charges. It seemed like once they were in the apartment, they were done with them. She would come out to get her medicine and to eat, and other than that there wasn't much interaction. They were supposed to clean the apartment once a week, and if they cleaned it once a month it was a joke. It just wasn't great, and they didn't really do anything for dementia or Alzheimer's care, it was more of an assisted living community.

Day 2 and all is GREAT!

My Mom has only been there for 2 days now but I am extremly happy for the attention, care and concern all staff have shown my family. Will update you in a month!

Short but Sweet!

Unfortunately we only had a few weeks at Las Villas Del Norte because my mother in law passed away (was kind of expecting it). She was put on hospice shortly after arriving at Las Villas. The care providers there were awesome as we walked through those tough weeks. We have 4 young daughters who were with us most of our times when we visited Margie. The people there seemed to really enjoy our girls coming thru. This was grandmas home for a short time and they felt comfortable coming to see her. That was a big concern we had as a family. Wish it could have been longer but our short time was priceless!

Review of Assisted Living

Overall, the care is adequate for our situation - my parent only needs help with meds. The staff are very friendly and know everyone's names (except perhaps only one or two of the wait staff in the dining room). The nurses/care staff keep an eye on resident's condition. I have concerns about the time morning meds are administered if you don't go to the nurses station to get them yourself - it seems very late. The food is adequate, but more cooked vegetables (each meal has only one kind) would be nice. My parent was not at all picky about food before moving here, but now dislikes the food. Food (too starchy not enough vegetables) has been a major concern voiced by many residents at the town hall forums. The bus breaks down regularly so outings are frequently canceled. If you call about the issue, you may not get a call back. Despite these few areas of concern/inconvenience, I keep my parent here because I imagine other facilities have the same or other, possibly worse, issues. So far this is working for us.

Las Villas Del Norte is very nice. Th...

Las Villas Del Norte is very nice. The nursing staff is confident in the care they provide. The facility is very clean. I visited so many other facilities, and this one by far is one of the best ones. I would definitely recommend it.

8/19 - spoke with Marie 1-B...

8/19 - spoke with Marie 1-BR is $2,263 24-hour nursing / skilled nursing avail (5*Medicare rating) Walking club / outings / Concert in the Park with packed dinner Dining room open 7 - 7 / specials + ala carta Transportation to Dr. Tue, Wed, Thur a.m. Mobile physicians visit facility Ind & assisted = 100 people

The community is fantastic.

The community is fantastic. We’ve only had our loved one there for a couple of months, but so far so good. Parking is an issue. My loved one is happy with the food and with the experience at this community.

best so far, bigger balcon...

best so far, bigger balconies clean and cheery, great outside area nurse on duty all times, Close to us!!

Great price

The only down fall is the responsiveness the maintenance staff. My loved one is really in independent living. The caregivers are nice and warm people. There have a courtyard and inside spaces to meet with families. They have a great price for what they offer. They were just remodeled last August so everything is nice and fresh!

Great place!

This is a very nice place! The facility itself is very clean, and the staff are always extremely friendly and helpful. They're also very communicative, I'm always contacted if Mom seems out of sorts or they're concerned she may be ill. This was the first place we looked at, and I was so impressed that I didn't feel the need to look any further!

Post Visit - Excellent fa...

Post Visit - Excellent facility! Mary Conlen was great - could be a very good fit for just mom or both $$

Good Facility

That was a good facility. It was new and my person didn't like the food so we would bring her food from the outside but other than that it was good. The food was her complaint every time - she would get tired of the food and want to move. So every year we would move her up to something else.

Very Very Happy!

We are very very happy there! It's very clean and the staff is wonderful. It's about what I was paying at the other place and it's just so much better. It's a much more professional place. They've got their act together. They provide a nice, clean, comfortable place for older people. The food is wonderful. There are so many choices that if it's something you don't like there are other options. My mom only goes down for one meal a day, dinner. It's displayed well and the servers are wonderful. They're well trained and polite.

Las Villas Del Norte Community offers an assisted living community in beautiful Escondido, California. Our residents enjoy an active lifestyle, very comfortable apartments and caring neighbors and staff, with optional health care services for any medical need 24-hours a day. Our community offers our senior citizens generous appointed apartments in several floor plans and include amenities like balconies, private patios, fireplaces, with individual climate control, kitchenettes with microwaves, private dining rooms, bedside color televisions, step-in-showers, smoke alarms and fire sprinklers, as well as a view. We pride ourselves on having the best services available, such as an onsite hair salon, a billiards and game room, a full library, swimming pool and recreation area. Las Villas Del Norte is pet friendly and welcomes them with open arms. We are within walking distance of shopping. We offer many services and activities such as 24-hour licensed skilled nursing, activities and crafts, a chapel, fitness programs and health center, housekeeping and much more. Las Villas Del Norte offers a full range of selections for today's seniors. Picking a senior living community signifies a lifestyle choice and the staff of Las Villas Del Norte understand that you are choosing more than a simple easy living atmosphere to call home. The Las Villas Del Norte community provides independent living, with the promise of extraordinary experiences every day. When choosing our community, our residents make a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver greater opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities that we offer. As a resident of Las Villas Del Norte, you and your family can be rest assured that as your needs change, our community will provide a variety of additional services and a tailored assisted living environment that will inspire you to live as you please while respecting your individual preferences and needs.