We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Doctor on Call
About Silvergate Retirement Residence - San Marcos, CA
Located near Lake San Marcos, off Rancho Santa Fe Road near shopping, restaurants and theaters, Silvergate is a full service retirement residence offering a continuum of care. Residents receive 3 meals a day, weekly housekeeping, 7-days a week transportation, and an array of social, cultural events and outings. Personalized care services are available and my include bathing, dressing, grooming, escort service, medication assistance, and well-being checks. As changing health needs arise for the independent resident, assistance is available without changing apartments or dining rooms. The separate Dementia and Memory Care Suites offers an environment where residents can be provided a warm, safe, highly supervised, and reassuring living environment. Nurses are available 24/7 on site.
Known as much for its cultural and ethnic diversity and wide range of cuisines as it is for the illuminated cross that is visible to the whole city at night, San Marcos offers a strong, business-friendly local economy. The city has a population of 92,929 and is in San Diego County near Escondido, Encinitas, Carlsbad, Oceanside, and Temecula.
This community distinguishes itself with its range of available housing. From its high-end master-planned neighborhoods to affordable communities for seniors and others on fixed incomes, San Marcos has something for every budget and design taste. The Silvergate Retirement Residence is an award-winning retirement haven for seniors and has been rated a top facility for the past two decades. With its on-site memory care facility and 2017 renovation, this community will continue to enjoy that top ranking.
- Walkability Score: San Marcos has a score of 33, so most errands require the use of a reliable car.
- Average Age in the 92078 Zip Code: The median age for San Marcos is 34.9, with seniors making up 16 percent of the population.
- Number of Senior Housing Facilities in San Marcos: There are approximately 64 other independent senior housing communities in San Marcos. About 214 other facilities offer Alzheimer's and memory care services.
- Average Weather: Temperatures in San Marcos stay in a mild range, reaching only as high as 98 degrees Fahrenheit in April through July and as low as 33 degrees in winter months. The average temperature stretches from 55 to 70 degrees, with January holding the record as the month with the most precipitation.
- Veterans Facilities in the Area: The San Marcos Veterans Center, located at One Civic Center Drive, Suite 150, is open every day of the week except Sunday.
Seniors who move to San Marcos without a car and those who do not have friends and family in the area to assist with errands might consider using mass transit to get around.
- Buses: BREEZE provides plentiful bus routes to neighborhoods in North San Diego County, which local residents call North County. There is a reduced day pass and significantly discounted single ride fare for eligible seniors.
- Trains: The European-style SPRINTER light rail has been described by riders as reliable and user friendly. This train system has 15 stations and is easy to connect to through the BREEZE bus system. Seniors must purchase discount tickets, one-way tickets, or day or monthly passes at the station.
- Taxis: There are a number of private companies offering taxi service in San Marcos, San Diego, Escondido, and the surrounding areas, including Stay Classy Transportation, Finest City Transportation, Aero Cab, Taxi San Marcos, and Carlsbad Livery Service.
- Rideshare: As part of the CarpoolWorld site, San Diego County helps coordinate ride sharing for its metro residents. On its ShiftSanDiego.com site, the county lists more resources for those who want to share rides, including connections for TripPlanner, Park and Ride, Vanpooling, and the Guaranteed Ride Home program. UberPOOL and Lyft Line app instructions are also hosted on the site.
Health and Safety
The chance of becoming a victim of a San Marcos crime is 1 in 513, with property crimes being the most frequently committed of all crimes. The overall crime rate is 53 percent lower than that of California and 50 percent lower than the national average.
To help keep crime rates down, the city has contracted with the San Diego Sheriff's Department for law enforcement and offers the following crime prevention services to residents: alarm system registration, child safety, Internet safety and crime prevention presentations, Neighborhood Watch, identity theft prevention initiatives, and business and residential Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) evaluations.
- Hospitals in the Area: Palomar Health at San Marcos, Kaiser Permanente San Diego Medical Center, Tri-City Medical Center (Oceanside), Naval Hospital (Camp Pendleton), University of California San Diego Medical Center, Kindred Hospital San Diego, and about 19 others.
- Crime Rate in San Marcos: This city is safer than about 38 percent of all US cities, registering only two violent crimes for every 100 people who live in San Marcos.
Sports and Leisure
The city offers gym and recreational facilities to encourage residents to maintain their fitness. Courses offered also includes sports, dance, music, and art.
- Golf Courses: Twin Oaks Golf Course, St. Mark Golf Course, and St. Mark Executive Golf Course.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: There are many tennis courts in San Marcos, including options at area high schools, apartment complexes, and parks. Public tennis courts include Palomar College, Mission Hills High School, Woodland Park Tennis Courts, Thibodo Park, and Escondido High School. Lake San Marcos Racquet Club and Escondido Country Club are private.
- Gyms: Senior Activity Centers, CSUSM Brain & Body Fitness Through Music/Movement, The Sanctuary Wellness Experience, and Yamuna Body Rolling classes are available.
Shopping and Entertainment
With many neighboring cities, there is no shortage of places to shop or go for weekend outings. Seniors will likely need a car to get to most of these places.
- Clothes Shopping: Nordstrom Rack, Styles for Less, Feng Shui Import, Wysh Boutique, and Metaphor Boutique.
- Grocery Stores: WinCo Foods, Grocery Outlet Bargain Market, Smart & Final Extra!, Sprouts Farmers Market, Ralphs, Albertsons, Aldi, and Patron Meat Market & Deli.
- Restaurants: Mama Kat's Restaurants, Cochina Del Charro, The Bellows, Phil's BBQ, Fish House Vera Cruz, Money Pit, Old California Mining Co., Dockside Decoy, Broken Yolk Cafe, and Mariah's West Wind.
- Movie Theaters: Edwards San Marcos Stadium 18, Del Norte Plaza Movies 8 (Escondido), Cinepolis Luxury Cinemas - La Costa, AMC Wiegan Plaza Cinema 8 (Encinitas), and Regal Cinemas Escondido Cinemas 16.
- Libraries: San Marcos - San Diego County Library and Kellogg Library.
- Salons: Imana Sky Salon, Che Bangs the Salon, and Kiwi Salon.
- Attractions: With 16 parks and 18 mini-parks, it is easy to see how the city earned its nickname, ""San Parkos."" Other attractions include Leo Carrillo Ranch Historic Park (Carlsbad), Batiquitos Lagoon, Double Peak Park, Discovery Lake, Mighty Awesome Escape Rooms, California Spirits Company, and Kuracali Sake and Beer Brewery
Like most cities its size, San Marcos offers a wide spectrum of worship and fellowship experiences for residents. If seniors cannot find a church or faith center in San Marcos, San Diego has more choices.
Religious facilities include The Movement, Rock Church, The Crossing Church, Gateway Community Church, San Marcos Luthern Church, Hidden Valley Zen Center, Chabad Jewish Center, Temple Etz Rimon, and Muslim Community Center of San Diego.