Brookdale San Marcos - San Marcos, CA

A Happy Home!

Brookdale San Marcos was a really good option for our family in the care of our mom. The staff was very helpful and professional as we moved mom in. She was in good care for the 6 months she was a resident. The caregivers and nurses were very caring and paid close personal attention to mom. There are many activities and outings for the residents. The administrative staff was always helpful and friendly. While the transition of a loved one to assisted living can be stressful, the staff at Brookdale helped us through this process professionally.

Happy place

Everyone Has been very helpful and courteous. My mother is very happy there.

Nice people

Large apt with storage and full kitchen. Nice courtyard. Good activities and airy and clean. Licensed assisted living care.

Very nice community. Staff was wonderful!!! Very clean!

Tour and options for care

We liked this tour and the staff who are nice and friendly. We wanted to make sure that they were trained in areas for my father's needs. The community is clean and maintained. We would recommend that other family your the community to see if they can assist with the needs of a loved one.

Too pricey for us

It was an okay tour. The community was clean. The staff was not as friendly as some of the communities we had visited. They did answer all of our questions. They were a little more pricey for our needs.

Outstanding staff!

This facility is very clean and the people are great! The staff is outstanding and are always sure to look out for my mom's safety. My mom's recovery is going better than I would have ever imagined. She is able to live comfortably at this Brookdale location!

I liked the facility!

After touring Brookdale at San Marcos, the facility was fine. It was very clean and the tour guides and staff were attentive.

My Visit To The Community

I had lunch at this community when we toured and the food was good. The people I met were nice. When I looked at the apartment it seemed dark and It did not hit me as well as the community I chose.

Very nice. Apartment space adequate. Will seriously consider this one.

Excellent Care

We are happy with the care that is given here with the excellent staff We found out that the director is outstanding. We like that there will not be an increase in a there room. We liked great variety of excellent meals. They do offer activities to them, but they are just moving into the community. We would recommend the excellent value and care for this great home for care.

Love at first sight!

My mother absolutely loves this place! We had tours scheduled with multiple communities but when we toured Brookdale San Marcos she fell in love immediately. They offer many activities and social gatherings. Every time I pick her up she says she has to get back there because they have something going on! The food is excellent! They offer a menu with lots of options and if you don't like what they have on the menu they will make you a custom meal. There is always someone on staff in the dining room, it's just like a restaurant. When I move into a senior community I want it to be just like this!

I like the care that my sister is getting with this community. The staff are very nice and help everyone stay active. It has a good feeling to being there when we visit. The meals are very good and she likes alot of the food that is offered. The community is very clean and bright. The have a variety of good activities for her. We would highly recommend this community for the care and value for a loved one

Best Of The Best!!

My father loves this community so far! He is really enjoying the social interaction and outings. They have 3 vans that go out all of the time to get the residents where they need to go. He loves the independent living feel where he could come out and get his newspaper and get free coffee. Some residents have dogs and my father enjoys being around them. The dining room is open from 6:30am to 6pm, The food is great, my family members get coupons to go eat and spend time with him without spending extra money. They even deliver to the resident's rooms if they are not feeling well. The room my father is in is comfortable there is no door to the bedroom so its open to the living room. Also, he has a full kitchen.

Billing Concern

I am at this community. The community is not happy due to the billing is always incorrect each month. The staff is not working with me on paying them while I am waiting for my daughters house to sell so that they can be paid. Not flexible at all. I received a letter that highly upset me. The food is getting smaller and smaller porpotions. The administration is good. they do offer alot of activities to keep active. I feel it is just the billing department is not very helpful.

Mother was in Excellent care!

This is a excellent community with excellent care from all of the staff. When my mother was there they took great care of her and made sure she was always comfortable. Activities were offered for a limited time for her. The food was home cooked with a outstanding variety of choice for her to enjoy. We have recommended this community to another family that is there at this time.

Very Early But Its Going Good

For the time being, I think it is going well. The community is clean and my mom is still getting use to her meals. Sometimes she makes her own meals. Her room has a small kitchen. There is not enough for my mom to do. She has gone out to hear lectures and goes to the colleges to hear them give talks too. She has also offered to teach a class in the community. My mom wishes they residents would be more active.

Very nice grounds; rooms are OK - a bit dated. Facility could use a refresh.

Resort living

Everyone from the staff to the residents are so welcoming and helpful.
The staff knew my parents by name in just a few days.
I saw a dramatic change in my parents in just 2 days!
They seemed very relaxed, had made new friends and
great tans. This place feels like a resort, and from the looks
of my parents they are truly enjoying living the good life.
I highly recommend Brookdale San Marcos.

Hard Time Adjusting

My brother is doing good here for the most part. He is having a hard time adjusting to his new home. He finds that he has to wait 30 minutes to get seated and get his meals. It has been really irritating for him so far.

I Feel Safe Here

I am doing very well at this community. They are very sweet and helpful. The community looks great, everything is nice and clean. The staff is very helpful. There are nice activities through out the week. I enjoy the food and the dining area. I really feel safe and comfortable here.

No Place Like Home

I stayed at Brookdale for a short time and it was good while it lasted although I am happy to be home. Everyone there from the staff to the admin to the dining room staff are just so pleasant and caring! The community has everything under the sun for the residents to do when it comes to activities and I am happy to have stayed there for the time being. I'd definitely recommend them.

Impressive Activities

I was especially impressed with the activities that they offer at the Brookdale San Marcos. They are abundant and fun and the staff members go out of their way to make sure that they accommodate everybody.

Very Happy Here

My loved ones are very happy over there at the Brookdale San Marcos facility. They are generally pleased with the menu and the food that is provided, but they would like to see some additional choices added.

No complaints

Everything is going just fine. The staff seemed eager to help and the facility is nice and well kept. No complaints so far.

very helpful

They really worked well with us to meet our needs to fit within our price range. Things that we needed them to change they have done very quickly. For example, my parents have a dog and they put a fence around the patio so the dog could go outside. (A lot of the people have dogs there and they are very accommodating for such.) They were very helpful during the move in process to get my parents set up. They have a pool there which is very nice and kept at a good temperature. My parents love the food and look forward to each meal. All in all it has been a very good experience.

mom couldn't be happier

We have nothing but positive things to say about Brookdale San Marcos. My mother could not be happier. She has responded so well to the friendliness of the people, and their willingness to help out however they can without reservation. We have had a very positive experience and would recommend them.

Very well run. Just too many bells and whistles for my 92 yr old mother-in-law.

This is a very nice facility all the way around. Beautiful outdoor space with a heated pool. Unfortunately it's a little high for our budget. :(

Really loved this place. La...

Really loved this place. Large reception area, beautiful outdoor patio and swimming pool, with lots of shaded seating areas. Apartments are bright with FULL kitchens, which is a huge plus for my father and stepmom. Lots of active residents about, all of whom seemed very welcoming and friendly. Dining room was huge, with good food and lots of options

No memory care. 26 yrs at l...

No memory care. 26 yrs at location.670 units. 209 ? 4 floor plans. Month to month rental. Nurse 24/7. Pet friendly. Linens supplied. People have necklace devices to push with a built in gps to find them. Connected Living - some kind of computer thing they offer. Had a pool. Had a covered patio where they do outdoor activities and parties. Have a focus on food and make their own signature sauces and seasonings. Seemed to be really busy and possibly understaffed. The Executive director called me back the day after my visit, I returned his phone call, he wasn't available and never called me back.

Too big. Looking for Board ...

Too big. Looking for Board & Care home...

The staff is really attentive, and very friendly.

The grounds are really clean and well managed, the eating areas are very clean. The staff is really attentive, and very friendly. They have a lot of trips outside of the facility, to the beach and the park. He raves about the food, the food is good. They have food available all day long you can get a hot meal anytime. This was a perfect fit for our needs.

Beautiful property, clean, bright and...

Beautiful property, clean, bright and all in excellent condition. The people, employees, administrators, and residents are all very friendly and courteous. The employees and administrators clearly are familiar with each resident, call each by name, and make every effort to offer whatever assistance is required.

My senior is in assisted living. My only negative comment is that the caregivers are not helping to hang up or neatly place her clothing after dressing/undressing.

Lots of great cultural excursions

I've shopped around at a lot of different places and this costs a little more, I think the value is there because youre getting more than what the other ones offer. I like the size, this ones so big she has a lot of different options so she'll find someone she likes. She was at a smaller one before and if she didnt find a friend then thats the way it goes.

The main thing i really like, and I've been to quite a few, is that they have a regular bus service every day and most of the places I looked at would only have occasional outings. Most of the time at Brookdale you can go shopping, they have a scenic drive once a week and they go to a lot of cultural events like plays and museums. You can be pretty active and they definitely encourage participation.

I kind of balked at the amount they wanted me to pay for medication but now that I have my mom in the regular care of a physican she needs more care than I thought and they're handling it. I'm perfectly happy with Brookdale and I'm going to keep her there as long as I can.

has independent personalize...

has independent personalized assisted living and supportive services. owned by Brookdale same as Cherry Hill

Liked the people who worked there. R...

Liked the people who worked there. Rooms a good size. Facility old.

A very pleasant tour, Lunch was good....

A very pleasant tour, Lunch was good. The menu had many foods that I enjoy eating. The apartments were very nice.Nice pool and surrounding area.

Brookdale Place of San Marcos provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

City Info

San Marcos boasts warm temperatures year-round, as well as good support systems for veterans.

- Median age in zip code: 37.9

- Average weather: San Marcos has an average temperature of 65.05°F, with an annual high of 77.5°F and an annual low of 52.6°F.

- Veteran's facilities: Veterans are well supported in San Marcos, with a Vet Center that provides services after normal work hours, as well as on weekends.

Transportation

San Marcos has an affordable public transit system with additional options for individuals with disabilities, as well as a variety of more private transportation options.

- Buses: San Marcos is served by BREEZE, the North County Transit District's bus system. It has two main routes that serve San Marcos, and its buses are 100% ADA-accessible. Seniors also receive reduced fares when they ride BREEZE buses, and riders with significant disabilities can use LIFT, North County Transit District's paratransit service.

- Trains: San Marcos is also served by SPRINTER, the North County Transit District's light rail system. The trains are 100% ADA-accessible, and seniors pay half price fares.

- Taxi services include Aero Cab, Airport Taxi San Diego, Taxi San Macros, Carlsbad Livery Ride Service, Tlc Taxi Stop Services, Carlsbad West Taxi, and All City Taxi Cab.

- The rideshare services Uber and Lyft are both available in San Marcos. Seniors can easily download one of the service's apps on their phone, and find a ride.

Health and Safety

San Marcos provides lots of options for health care, and Brookdale San Marcos provides additional support for seniors.

- Hospitals: San Marcos boasts dozens of hospitals, which serve the needs of individuals covered by a wide variety of health insurers.

- Brookdale San Marcos: Guests at Brookdale San Marcos also have access to hospice care.

Sports and Leisure

San Marcos offers all sorts of options for sports and leisure, whether you're interested in golf, tennis, or hitting the gym.

- Golf courses: There are dozens of golf courses in and around San Marcos, including the top-rated Twin Oaks Golf Course, Reidy Creek Golf Course, S. Mark Golf Club, Shadowridge Golf Club, St Mark Executive Course, and Aviara Golf Club.

- Tennis courts: San Marcos offers 33 tennis courts, including the top-rated Sunset Park, Cottonwood Creek Park, and Poinsettia Community Park.

- Gyms: San Marcos contains dozens of private gyms, such as BFit Gyms, Crunch San Marcos, Self Made Training Facility, LA Fitness, Crossfit Double Barrel, and San Marcos Fit Body Boot Camp.

Shopping and Entertainment

There are all sorts of shopping and entertainment options in San Marcos, whether you're looking for a bite to eat, a Hollywood blockbuster, or a calm walk in a lovely park.

- Clothes shopping: There are dozens of shopping malls in San Marcos, including Grand Plaza, a shopping center with lots of options for both women's and men's fashion.

- Grocery stores: There are hundreds of grocery stores in and around San Marcos, with options for any price point.

- Restaurants: With hundreds of restaurants covering a wide range of cuisines, it's easy to find a satisfying meal in San Marcos.

- Movie theaters: The Edwards San Marco Stadium 18 movie theater not only makes it simple to see Hollywood's new releases, but they also offer discounts for seniors.

- Libraries: San Marcos is home to the San Marcos Branch Library, which offers a vast catalog of books and wireless Internet.

- Attractions: San Marcos abounds with interesting attractions which boast incredible natural beauty, including Double Peak Park, Discovery Lake, and Jack's Pond Park & Nature Center.

Religious Facilities

San Marcos offers religious facilities for people of many faiths, whether Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or Jainist.