Oakmont of Escondido Hills - Escondido, CA

Very Good Experience So Far

I have been pleasantly surprised that my mom has done as well as she has. She participates in most of the activities that she can and she likes the residents.The staff has been really good to her they are kind and friendly. She hasn't complained about the food so I am assuming she is happy with it. The community itself has been kept very clean and well maintained.

I Got to See the Community

The tour I had was fine. It was a good view of the community. Everything is saw was good. I was looking for a place that was more small with the homelike atmosphere. The person I met with was nice and professional.

My experience

Our tour of Oakmont was positive. The food looked appealing and the community was nice. It wasn't exactly what were looking for.

Welcoming staff!

When I toured Oakmont of Escondido, the staff were all very friendly. The place was clean and I had a good experience. They were able to answer questions, but I found another community that fit what we were looking for a little better.

A visit

We considered this community when we visited. The staff were nice and knowledgable. The community was clean and well taken care of. They did not have any openings at the time we visited.

Care for family

This is a beautiful community with a lot of activities. The staff is nice. They do have activities for those who can participate with the other residents. The community offers a good variety of meals and a nice variety. We liked this community and would recommend other families for the care of there loved one to see this nice community.

They sent us home with a pie after the tour

We toured this community when looking for my father. It was a lovely place with a helpful staff. They offered fresh pies and baked goods and even sent us home with a pie. It was close to a Catholic church the only reason we didn't chose this community is due to location. We chose a community that was close to the area we desired.

The Bigger the Better!

The community is one of the best that I have seen. They have a beautiful layout and entrance. The staff is super helpful and understanding. In the tour that they give you, you are also allowed to have lunch with the residents. The dining room was huge. Lots of space for my loved to get around. The community also offers a variety of food for my loved one.

This is a beautiful facility but a little out of the price range for my parents.

Staff are wonderful and helpful

Review of Oakmont of Escondido Hills - Escondido, CA

AirCare Ambulance provides services to residents with concierge transport. Residents express genuine love of Oakmont and the staff that cares for them. Outside in the community of North County, people speak very highly of this community and refer to it as "Premier Community"

Lovely, beautiful, great staff. The rooms are very nice. Great for independent living, and assisted living.

Very Accommodating

They were all very accommodating at the Oakmont to make some changes that we needed to have in order to move my loved one in. They have also been responsive to any concerns and issues we have had so far.

very friendly

Everything about Oakmont of Escondido Hills is very good. The staff is very friendly and there is a lot of interaction with the residents there.

The only thing where they could improve is with their air conditioning system. The way it works and the air flow system is is kind of hokey.

The food is very good and the facilities are very well kept up.

We really liked this facility. Nice grounds. Pet friendly. Terrific staff, very knowlegable. Everything in close proximity and easily accessible.

I visited with Olivia, Community Marketing Director, today and was very impressed with Oakmont of Escondido Hills. I toured their 1 Bedroom "Redwood" and their 1 Bedroom, with Den "Walnut". I liked both, but feel my parents would prefer the 1 Bedroom, with den. Olivia also treated me to lunch in the main dining room and the food was delicious. I was so thrilled with this property, that I am taking my parents back there tomorrow for lunch and a tour.

Great place for Mom

Great people, great care. The living and dining area are beautiful and well maintained. The food is very good. Everyone is very friendly and accommodating. My Mom is thriving there and she really likes it.

This is a beautiful facility and the residences appear very happy. I spoke with several. Unfortunately, the price is out of our budget.

They are doing a great job.

They are doing a great job. It's a very nice facility. I don't really have any complaints. The food has always looked pretty good and nutritious.

It depends on the ability of the resident

I would say pay attention to the condition of the person going into the facility, that makes a big difference. Unless they can bear one hundred percent of their own wait and take care of themselves, then it might not be the best fit. It's primarily for people that can hold their own, if you can walk, get up out of bed, and do your own chores, then its perfect. It's in a nice setting, they have a nice environment and a nice staff. However if you need more than the minimal amount of assistance, I would look for a board and care instead.

Such a wonderful place!

This is such a great place! We are so happy that my mother in law is here! The only reason the "Care Services" didn't get a 5 is because we really haven't used them yet. As for activities, there are so many things to do! We mainly picked this place because it's smaller than the others in the area. There's about 135 residents, compared to the 200+ at others. Also, it's a newer community, so it's always just immaculate! Whenever you walk in, everyone is so attentive to your needs! They remember who you are and call you by your first name! Such a wonderful place!

dissaponited in Oakmont

My experience with Oakmont was disappointing. I told the originally person who interviewed me that my mother had dementia, was incontinent and unsteady on her feet. I revealed exactly what was wrong with her and what we were looking for. She showed us a few one room studios and I asked if she had any apartments with a separate bedroom, she did and showed us and we loved it and said it looked perfect. We proceeded to give her a deposit and do all the things we were asked..doctors forms filled out, hook up cable and telephone, contact movers..the day before we were ready to move in the head manager called to say we cannot move in because my mom was diagnosed with dementia and that unit was in the assisted living side of facility, that she needed to be in memory care. I wanted my mom in memory care which is why I chose them in the first place. I was never told that the apartment she was moving into was assisted living. They finally agreed to let her move in if I hire 24 hour outside caregivers. I said I would thinking it was for a few days. It was permanent. I certainly would have never moved her out of her home if I was hiring 24 hour caregivers, she could have stayed home. So here I was paying for my mom to be in a care home but paying an outside agency to care for her. I was not happy and started looking for a new place that would care for her. I think Oakmont was at fault for even showing me a unit that was not really available to her knowing she had dementia. I was displeased with the way they handled everything.

What I really like is that their staf...

What I really like is that their staff is extremely compassionate, and nurturing, and that was a big thing for my parents and their personalities. Again, their staff, they are all very happy!! I am just leaving right now, the receptionist and everyone is always courteous and happy and it is just astounding! Very much so. That's huge compared to what else I have seen. Everything is clean and the staff is very attentive. I think they could use improvement on their menu, it could be more varied and make it a little more nutritious. That's my point of view, but my parents, I don't know if they can tell the difference, but the food is still good and fresh. This was a slam dunk compared to all the others.

Looked Pretty Good

I only toured but on the surface that looked pretty good. I think it's only about 10 or 12 years old, the building itself. It had a gym and a swimming pool. It was a bigger complex, all under one roof. I think they had two dining areas. This probably would have been our second choice. There's more people here and that might have been better for my wife to have more people around to distract her.

I Can See Myself Here

I'm on their waiting list and I've put down a deposit. All of this happened in July and unfortunately, for now, I'm still in limbo. Nothing has happened yet. I chose Oakmont because I liked it and I liked it because it was very well run. it was very clean. There was a nice atmosphere about it and it seemed like a place that I could see myself living. It's was not one of these places with the walking dead walking up and down the halls.

Big, Good for Independent People

It's a very nice place. It's assisted living. I didn't go to the memory care because basically it was too big for mom so it just didn't work out. I think for people who are pretty independent probably it would have been fine but it just wasn't right for mom. She couldn't get enough personal attention.

Does have detached homes.

Does have detached homes.

Outstanding new memory center, many a...

Outstanding new memory center, many activities, beautiful rooms and dining facility, high class

This facility is the closest to what ...

This facility is the closest to what my mother currently has in Arizona. The appartments are a bit smaller, but are similar in set-up to what she currently has and the meals although a bit more limiting are still adequate. Overall tihs facility is the closest to what my mother currently has and since she still has memory and thought factulties that allow her to still understand her surroungsings and living conditions most of the time it would be the easiest for her to accept. Overall compared to what she has today this is more of a 4.2 to 4.5 rated facility.

Oakmont of Escondido Hills is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush six-acre campus with lovely views of the Escondido Hills and within walking distance of Westfield's North County Fair Shopping Mall.

If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you'll feel at home in our retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our spa, private movie theater, swimming pool and lovely grounds. And if you ever need additional care, we offer assisted living and memory care services right within our community. Experience for yourself this extraordinary Escondido senior living community where life just gets better.