Belmont Village Sabre Springs - San Diego, CA

The Belmont Village facility at Sabre Springs is located in the attractive residential community of Poway. Situated in northeast San Diego County, Poway is known as “The City in the Country” and prides itself on the fact that much of the area is preserved as dedicated open space. With great views of the valleys and foothills of North County, Belmont Village at Sabre Springs is a beautiful Mission-style community with outdoor features such as lush grounds and walking trails, a pool and putting green for our senior living residents.

Conveniently positioned near shopping, two large medical clinics and Pomerado Hospital, places of worship, eateries and the Poway Center for the Performing Arts, Belmont Village also offers exciting indoor activities and caring services. Residents enjoy Belmont’s distinctive interiors and signature programs in hospitality and dining. And those with support needs benefit from one of the best-trained, most responsive staffs in assisted living.

My Visit To The Community

This community was one of our favorites. The people we met were nice and the community was clean. This community does offer a lot of amenities, however it is double the price of the community we chose.

Upscale!

The Belmont Village was too upscale. It was very fancy and had pools on sight. It almost reminded me of a resort and it was also very pricey. The staff was friendly and it was a very nice place, but it was not the right fit foot my mother.

Great community for assisted living patients

We chose this community for my father.He was very resistant to move out of his home so he has been very critical of the community. The biggest complaint he has is it takes the staff 10-15 to respond to his call buttons. This is especially frustrating if it is meal time because he becomes grumpy when he's hungry. I try to leave prepared snacks in his room so he is more comfortable. They also have a bistro downstairs that offers light snacks such as Coffee water, fresh fruit and breakfast pastries. I've eaten there a few times and it is bland.That's understandable though because they are trying to cater to everyone.There's a good mix of food and he's tried a few things he didn't like but overall he enjoys the food. He's starting to join in on some of the activities such as events and history lessons.They also play music in the afternoon of all genres.It's nice that he is participating now because he wasn't at all when he moved in. We chose this place because it's great for assisted living patients because they have a nurse on staff on every floor.

I was not even offered a tour due to the management would not want to waste time due to the health conditions. The community seemed to be very clean and well taken care of The staff was nice and friendly. I would recommend this community for families.

Parents Together with Option for Caregiving

My parents moved into an independent living apartment, so I can't speak to the care services yet. The cleanliness, activities, friendliness, and especially the food are top-notch! The best part is that they can stay together despite my mom's dementia and other health issues. My dad is my mom's caregiver and they have been married for 60 years. So it would've been hard for them to be apart.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village and for sharing your experience. For us, helping couples stay together is one of the best benefits we see from our range of programs and the way we license our communities. We’re glad your parents are getting to continue their lives together with us and are still getting the support and care they need. It is a privilege to serve your family and we encourage you to regularly share your thoughts with your community team.

It's a great place ONLY if you are living in the independent side, now if you are living in the dementia care unit is horrible!!! [removed] You can pull the cord and they will not respond for hours. What could you expect of the staff with more responsibility is getting paid minimum. My grandmother's room was filthy until I had to bring it to the staffs attention.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for your feedback – input from residents and families is essential in helping us to maintain a high standard of care. We’ve checked our system data and spoken to our staff regarding your concerns. While we don’t have a record of a delayed response time, or reports regarding housekeeping complaints, our goal is always to provide a safe, comfortable experience for our residents. We encourage you to speak with your executive director about these or any future concerns so that she can address them more fully.

very good experience

Our experience with Belmont Village Sabre Springs has been very positive. The facility itself is very nice, and all the staff there are extremely friendly and helpful.

It's a wonderful place.

It's a wonderful place. We are very happy with them so far. I would rate them a five at this point. We don't have any major concerns or complaints.

Seemed like a very nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This was a very nice looking place, it was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, it was also very expensive. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Belmont Village, Sabre Springs is a delightful place for loved ones. We recently checked my 93 year old mother in an independent unit this September and in less than 6 weeks, she's engaged in new activities, road trips, and attending the well organized concerts they have every weekend.
We especially like the Greek chef who comes out to chat with her in Greek. It makes her feel welcome, especially since living in San Diego is new to her after recently being widowed. That's a big deal for that tough cookie.
The staff is great, especially Erik and Jack, who made sure all the features in her unit worked flawlessly. Thanks guys!
Lastly, Inan, the Exec Director, is a wonderful leader. Everyone loves working for her and she's sincerely interested in the quality of care her residents get.
This is the place to go if you senior elder care!

A nice facility, but could improve on the communication.

It was very, very clean. The location was great because it's close to home. The staff is very friendly. There is a lot of activities. Every time I walk in the facility, all of the residents are attending a show. The only issue I had is the communication between the staff members. I think they could definitely improve on the communication. Other than that, I think it's a high end facility. The staff seems to really care.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village and for your feedback. We rely on input from our residents and their families, past and present, to help us maintain the highest possible standard of care and service – your comments are appreciated. Residents and family members are encouraged to contact their executive director to address concerns as they occur and speed resolution.

great place

The people at Belmont Village Sabre Springs did a great job. It turned out that my mother in law was not quite ready to make the move. She went in and then quickly moved out and back home. We will definitely revisit them in the future should the need arise though.

A new lease on life for my 95 year old mother-in-law!

Our experience at Belmont Village has been very positive. Their staff has made the transition for my wife's 95 year old mother quite easy. Belmont Village is a very clean facility and has all of the amenities that my mother-in-law needed to make her excited about living alone again since her husband of 70 years just passed away. She has always been a very social person and we felt that living at Belmont Village would provide opportunities for her to meet new friends and indeed it has. She is already getting involved in the bridge groups and music events, she loves the food and the restaurant dining experience, and her new hair salon is right next door to her apartment! My wife and her brother feel that we truly picked the best senior living facility for their mom!

Gorgeous facility, every service and amenity imaginable. But you'll pay for it, so it might be out of our range. However the bang for the buck seems fair. Tons of staff everywhere, and they all knew every resident by name (too widespread to be a marketing gimmick for visitors). The hilly location is tucked away from high traffic yet very close to San Diego proper. According to the thorough tour guide, the surrounding land cannot be developed, so future residents should have a cozy spot for decades to come. This community would top our list if not for the price; still a respectable 2nd or 3rd out of 13.

No Complaints

I have no complaints whatsoever about the service they provide. The employees are compassionate and caring and they do an excellent job looking after the residents. The facility itself is beautiful, I would definitely recommend them to others. In the short time my loved one was there they were wonderful.

THE BEST OF THE BEST!

You get what you pay for and Belmont Village is the best place around! I looked at many places for my in-laws and this was the best. They have no complaints except for the fact that they eat too much, LOL! I believe that seniors should have the best place possible for their last years and this ranks very high in that area. Food, staff, friendliness, activities… Can't ask for anymore! I visit my family 4 to 5 times per week. If you truly have a heart for your family, money should not be the objective. We can't take money with us when we die!
Prices vary from assisted-living, independent living, dementia or Alzheimer's care, single person or couple, medications assistance, bathing, etc.
This is the place I would want to live out my years!

This was a very nice place....

This was a very nice place. However, the cost is very prohibitive. It was around $4500 per month.

Memory Care for my Dad

The first time I stepped foot into the lobby of Belmont Village I knew this was the place for my Dad. It was clean, beautifully decorated, employees were kind and spoke, I have no cons regarding my choice.

My Dad is still adjusting but his apartment is great, clean, I couldn't ask for a better place for him to be.

Belmont Village - Love it!

The staff and facilities are wonderful and have made my Mom's transition to her new home very pleasant.

Seemed Good

On the surface it looked alright, I don't think you can really judge a place until you've had someone live there, but this looked pretty good. Everything seemed clean. The menus looked good and they showed you the dining rooms and all that business.

My mother in law really lik...

My mother in law really liked this place, it was a close second, but chose the Gateway. It is closer to her daughter.

Impressive Memory Care Unit

Everything is always very clean at Belmont Village. The staff seems to know everyone by name and greet everyone. It is expensive, but everywhere is. The on site nurse and staff check on all the residents regularly. I'm not familiar with all the activities, but they take people on outings and have an annual carnival for the residents. We picked this place because it has a Memory Care Unit, they impressed us with leading edge care.

Very nice, Very friendly.

Very nice, Very friendly.

loved this one.

loved this one.

All of us love the Belmont we felt ve...

All of us love the Belmont we felt very safe, lots of fun things to do. A little pricey

It looks like a great place to live. ...

It looks like a great place to live. I talked to a resident who had been there five years (85) and he said the people were very good to them.

very nice, the director was very help...

very nice, the director was very helpful and knowledgeable. The memory program sounded excellent.

she loved it. We are going to procee...

she loved it. We are going to proceed with a move-in soon. Really nice $4100 for a good size studio with kitchen area. Great location also! A little too much but has memory care

most impressed; people seem active an...

most impressed; people seem active and happy!

Top notch selection of facilies toure...

Top notch selection of facilies toured so far; well-dressed and well-groomed residents; high end amenities; expertly decorated; all rooms are private, 3 separate sizes, all include microwave and fridge; due to the clearly high-end residents.

He seems to like this place a lot. ...

He seems to like this place a lot. We visited today, and he keeps asking about it. Really liked the first Apt director showed us today, but not sure we could afford it.

Exceptional care, workers and residen...

Exceptional care, workers and residents seemed happy. Food was okay. Location was near business park.

A large facility housing circa 160 re...

A large facility housing circa 160 residents. New and professional. A library, work out room, more developed occupational therapy programs were some of the many amenities it offered. The staff offered to explore combining a treatment plan with blended higher cognitive function with a need for memory care.