The Solana Deer Park - Deer Park, IL

Solana is a relatively new facility that is nicely decorated. It offers a lot of the fitness and other activities that we would require. Unfortunatley the size of the units we were shown do not meet our requirements.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and the women we worked with the first time was no longer there and she had told us a different price range. The new person didn't know the right information and wouldn't give me straight answers. This place is beautiful and a newer building. It was nice and clean. There was not a lot of residents. There wasn't many activity going on anywhere.

They do not offer memory care

I toured here when looking for a place for my husband to go. It was very nice, it’s a brand new facility, and everything was available in one building. Most of the residents seemed to be happy to be there. I went to a couple of cocktail parties that they had and the food was good. When I took the tour, the person giving me the tour was able to answer any questions that I had. The facility was brand new and kept very clean. They didn’t offer exactly what I needed, though, which is why we didn’t choose to move him in.

More like a spa than an assisted living facility

I toured this facility when I was helping my sister look for a place for my brother-in-law and, honestly, it looks more like a spa than a nursing home. There are high ceilings, bright lights all around, and it’s just beautiful. The person that gave me the tour was very nice, though there wasn’t a lot of staff around to interact with. The director was very open to sharing information regarding the facility and was able to answer all of my questions. The facility itself is a large place. It’s pretty new, too, and has only been open for maybe a year. It certainly has all the bells and whistles you’d need and looks great. We ultimately chose a different community for my Brother-in-law and I think it was because we didn’t quite know enough, or have enough information, to really pursue this specific community further.

Not the place for Mom and Dad

I toured this community and everything was nice and clean. The staff answered all my questions and they had memory care here but all the prices were a la carte and I didn't feel comfortable with that. So we chose a different place.

She's Loving the Community

My friend lived here when it first opened and she loved it there. She moved out to be close to family but returned to the community and fell in love with it again. She loves the food, her friends, the apartment, and the management team. She is almost like an advocate for the community.

Equally As Nice

This community was equally as nice as most of the other ones we had visited. The location was not ideal for my dad it is located near a shopping mall and is in a busy area with lots of restaurants and stores which would be fine for someone who is active but that does not fit my dad's personality. The community was fine though very clean looks good. They had a nice pool which the residents could use. The staff we met were friendly and very nice. They offered a lot of activities and services but many of them my dad would not take advantage of so it was not worth it.

My Parents Community

My parents are doing good from what I hear when we have our conversation. I have not heard any complaints yet. The community is very nice and very clean with very well trained employees. We are satisfied with community that my parents picked.

Top notch place!!

I have no complaints about the care that my mother has been receiving at this community so far. The staff have all been wonderful and helpful towards her needs. She has had no problems with the meals and enjoys participating in the activities with the other residents from time to time. Overall we are pleased and would recommend it.

Looks can be deceiving

if you want good food and atmosphere this is the place to go, but that’s where it stops. Solana’s Memory care mostly consists of caregivers that have had little to no experience working with residents with dementia. They have had a high turnover, and the few that have stuck around, have no business working in memory care, period. I had to hire a private CNA to help take care of mom because Solana stuff lacks experience and passion to care for her. My CNA has no problem caring for mom, where Solana’s continue to make excuses. [Removed]. He has no idea as to who even works in his memory care unit. In one such case he thought the CNA I hired actually worked for him! Sadly, they can’t even take responsibility for their own [Removed]. Other incident mom was found by my CNA in bed found in bed at 8:30 am covered in solid waste. The director’s response, “that could have just happened” not possible, it takes much, much longer for waste to dry. Clueless! As I started to do my legwork on finding mom new a home I started to run in residents that use to live at Salona. It turns out moms care wasn’t the only one that fell short. No compassion, just excuses at mom’s expense. Solana completely misrepresented their true abilities. Don’t let this happen to your loved one.

Things are going well

The staff are taking good care of dad. They offer daily activities and they encourage him to participate. The food is good and the community is clean. We chose this community as the amenities offered and the apartments were nicer for the price than other communities. I would recommend this community.

Satisfied with This Community

It was a ruff transition at first my mother with her move to this community. However things have gotten better, and she in doing very well now. I'am very pleased with her move to this community. I know she is safe, and in good hands. After speaking with some the residents families, they had nothing but great things to say about this community. Our experiences have been very good, and this community would get my recommendation.

Nothing but good things to say!

My mother is still at The Solana Deer Park and it has been going great. I highly recommend this community because the staff is first grade. There are some residents that need more assistance than others and they are able to provide it. The food is incredibly good. I eat there every time that I go visit because it's so good. They have a chef and he cooks the food with fresh fruit and vegetables. They also have daily activities, my mother joins in at least one a day. They had things like movies, exercise programs, and shopping.

Care for a loved one

This is a great place for assisted living. This is not what we were looking for at the time. The menu looking appealing. They activities for those who wanted to participate. We would community for other families needing good care for a loved one with a nice value

Great tour!

The Solana Dear Park would have been a great choice. They had options to make the first month financial situation easier, but the mother had liked another community that was a better fit for her than this one.

Nice Facility

So far my mother in law is doing pretty with her move to this community. Everyone have been very kind, and helpful. She is starting to adjust to the community, and we know she is in good hands. They have lovely staff at this community, and I would recommend it.

Great place to live

Everyone is very friendly and helpful at the Solana. My dad really likes the restaurant, and finds that that staff is friendly the food it good. When we come to visit, I feel as though people really know him. There are also multiple activities for him to participate in and he really likes his apartment which is clean, modern and has a beautiful view. He finds the residents friendly and is forming solid friendships and dinner partners. I have also had my questions returned promptly.

Security is in question

What are you doing about the 5 break-in you have had. Residents tell me your not doing anything and they are worried about their security. If your addressing the issue, that info is not getting to the residents. If your not addressing the issue shame on you

Kate Vance

Hi, Sue. Thank you for reaching out. We regularly discuss with the Resident Council any concerns our residents have. Residents also speak directly with our Executive Director, and we work collaboratively with residents to ensure we are meeting their expectations. If you’d like to discuss your specific concerns, I encourage you to connect directly with our Executive Director. He can be reached at [removed].

Wonderful place to be!

They were wonderful here and my friend loved it here. We loved it for her and that was good. The community all around was just wonderful and very helpful for her.

Nice People

Tour went well. Very nice community with great people. Everything looked nice and clean.

Has not been a great place to live so far. Moved my brother in and we have had nothing but problems since. Worst part is the food service. Lack of servers is the lastest issue. Quality of the food has gone down hill since he moved it. Resident meetings are held but nothing gets accomplished. Very dissatisfied

Kate Vance

Ms. Murdock, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns with The Solana Deer Park. It’s disheartening to hear that the community is not meeting your expectations. We take all feedback we receive about our communities very seriously so I will be sure to pass your comments along to the executive director at the community. You can also reach me directly via email at [removed].

Loved it. Seems perfect except a little further away from my daughter than I was hoping for and a bit higher in price.

Family Oriented Community!!

I did a tour of this community. It was close to home i liked that it was affordable. The food was perfect it was also very family oriented. This community was definitely something to consider for the future.

We Are Happy Here

We really like this community. Everyone is very nice and friendly. The community and our room is very nice. They do a very good with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is kind and helpful. They are always there when we need some help. There are nice activities offered. We love the meals, the dining area is really nice. Overall we are happy and I would recommend it.

Gorgeous new Solana Deer Park

My mother moved into the brand new Solana a little over a month ago. It is absolutely beautiful and the food is amazing. As might be expected there have been a few bumps along the way as the facility was still being completed and not many residents had moved in yet. The activities deck--a rooftop garden over the parking garage is still not completed. This has been an inconvenience for my mother who was planning to walk her dog there. There will even be a fenced dog run once it is ready.

Overall the staff is wonderful. The activities program is not up to speed yet but I think it will be great once more residents move in which is happening steadily. Bethany, the activities director had weekly events while waiting for the occupancy date. These really helped my mother get to know some people ahead of her move.

The nicest we have seen!

This facility is just opening it's doors and when we toured the staff was in training. I was very impressed with the whole building however my loved one will be in the memory care unit which is very nice. The semi-private rooms were more private than I've seen at other places. They have a nice big great room for the common area that has multiple places to sit, eat or do activities. The secure garden area is really nice and they have a beautiful sun room overlooking the green area. I felt very comfortable with the staff that they will do their very best to make sure my father was engaged and happy. We will also have access to the rest of the building as long as he is accompanied by staff or family. We can eat at the restaurant there, use the bistro, library, pool, wine bar, etc. I was very impressed!

Purposefully designed to offer the benefits of a simpler, more flexible lifestyle, The Solana Deer Park is a new senior living community for active older adults. Located in a scenic setting near Deer Grove Forest Preserve, this thoughtfully designed residence offers discreet, 24-hour assistance with day-to-day care needs, as well as a Life Guidance® neighborhood offering forward-thinking memory care for seniors living with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia – all backed by the industry-leading quality standards of Atria Senior Living.

Residents enjoy a host of upscale amenities, including an indoor saltwater pool, a wine bar, a full-service salon with manicure station, a movie theater and a spacious roof deck with bocce ball court, putting green and dog run – plus regular outings to the Art Institute, Chicago Botanic Garden and Rivers Casino.