Belmont Village Buffalo Grove - Buffalo Grove, IL

This facility was undergoing renovation so one had to imagine some improvements were being made. I had lunch there, which was very good and plentiful. The rooms were not too small, but they were rooms that were occupied.You could get an idea of what it
might look like with your own things. The staff was very polite and friendly. It was a comfortable feeling. The location is further north of where I presently live and would be farther for visitors to come see me.

Memory care provided

My husband is here currently and it’s going okay. It’s been a tough transition but the staff has been very good with their interaction with him and anytime I have a question for them or the management, they’ve had answers. The food is very good. They have a menu that the residents can order off of. They have a few activities including memory care which involves exercise and they have a lot of interaction with him. Everywhere in the building, including his room, is kept pretty clean. The other residents get along with him really well and he helps them out whenever he can. I would recommend them.

Very civic minded and knowledgeable

I toured here when trying to help my sister find a place for my brother-in-law and, from what I saw, I really liked it a lot. It was the first place I was able to tour and the facility is about 3 or 4 stories high. It seems to be more situated into an older community as well. Everyone I spoke with while I was there was helpful to my husband and I. They even told us about Veteran’s administration help and my brother-in-law is a Vet so that was very helpful. My sister is now getting help for her husband because of the woman that took the time to give us that information. The facility does a lot of things for the community and will even email my family about coming to different lectures or events that are taking place at the facility. They’re very civic minded and like to involve the community as much as they can.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went. I thought the staff did a great job with the presentation and made sure to accommodate our needs to the best of there ability while we where there. I thought they had a spacious dinning room and lots of natural light throughout the building. Overall it was a great place and I would recommend it to anyone.

Would recommend

Very pleased with care Mom is receiving. Impressed with amount of staff available for assistance. Food is top notch but standard selections are unchanged which makes me wonder if the very long term residents are a little tired of it. Only one daily special is new. Would recommend

A great tour for care

I toured this community for care for my wife. I like the nice staff. The community was very nice. The community was clean. This was a community that was close to home, We would recommend this community for all the great services that are offered to loved ones.

Liked it a lot. Very clean. Renovated rooms. Great "restaurant" living. Activities higher level- yoga. book club. art classes.

Having visited senior living facilities over the year. Belmont Village stands out as an amazing community. Its starts the moment you walk in the front door, you are greeted friendly and warm. The staff are very attentive to their residents, you can see the residents are well taken care of.
Comments from your residents show how comfortable they feel liking there. The events calendar, from the activity programs to daily interaction, show there to be an abundance of interest to take part in. I will certainly recommend Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove.

Clean Property!!

I had a tour of this community for my loved one and I was pleased with the experience that we had received. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to accommodate our needs at the best of there ability. They had a great floor plan with lots of great amenities for all of the residents that I was impressed with. It was just not the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

I have lived in Belmont Village for the past 6 months. I have enjoyed meeting and being with the people.

Belmont Village is a wonderful community to live in.

So far, so good!

My mother has only been at Belmont Village for about 10 days because she has been in rehab, but she is looking forward to going back to Belmont. She liked the activities that they offer, the people are very friendly, and we have had no problems with them.

Friendly Staff!!

I thought that this place was nice and had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. The staff was kind and made sure to answer any questions I had for them about there community. It just was not as nice as some of the other places I had looked at and in the end was just not the right fit for her.

Belmont Village has been the Right Choice

Belmont Village has been the perfect choice for a couple of my family members. The staff is always courteous, upbeat and attentive to the needs of the residents. As soon as I walk in the door, I am greeted with a smile and a Hello at the front desk when I visit. There are always numerous activities scheduled, the food is always really good and the facility is always clean. I feel that The Belmont Village culture is very warm and everyone there is like family. My family has been extremely happy there. Thank You Belmont Village.

Belmont is the Best!

My loved one who is living at Belmont Village is so happy there. That just reassures me of the right choice we made. The staff is excellent and treats you like family. The facility is very clean and hosts an extraordinary amount of activities for the residents. The one on one attention and group events exceed my original expectations. Everyone there has been so courteous and kind. THANK YOU for all that you do.

Care for family

We toured this community. The staff was nice and caring. They answering the questions we had on the services that were offered. They did have a nice menu. The community was clean. We would recommend other families to this community for a tour for the care of a loved one.

The staff is very very rude. I do not recommend them!!!!

Lorena Grimes

We’re sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction. We do train our staff to be courteous and hospitable to all and we strive to provide a high level of customer service. We encourage you to reach out to the Executive Director so that she may address your concerns directly.

the right choice!

My mother has been living at Belmont Village for over a year now. The care and support we have received has been exceptional. I can't say enough about the staff, nurses and administration. Any time there has been a change in my mothers behavior, we have been guided in the right direction. The building is very clean and the food is very good. The Pals treat the residents with respect and know how to meet the needs of each resident individually. Our lives have all changed as my mom's memory has declined but I have to say, I sleep better now knowing that she is safe!

Not The Best Fit For Mom

I had a tour at this community and I felt they did not offer anything spectacular and not worth the value. It was too expensive and the room was $6,000 a month before the care cost will be added. They were out of our budget.

Dad's In great hands!

My father is doing really well in this community. We find that the staff is very caring and helpful. He is pleased with the meals that are served. Alot of activities are offered to him to participate. We would highly recommend this clean and nice community to other families.

Nice all around

i have toured this community and I had a friend that lived here. The staff is great and caring and take time with the residents. The community is kept neat and clean every time I go in. They offer a variety of activities for my loved one. I would recommend them.

A Tour Experience

We did not pick this community for our personal reasons. After seeing what they have, this was not adequate for my dad's need and level of care.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for considering Belmont Village. We understand the importance of finding the right fit and wish you the best in your search.

Moms Bisit

Mom lived here for two weeks and had a wonderful stay. After being home for a few weeks we made the decision that she would move there permanently. She had made two good friends and had enjoyed music entertainment, card games, "field trips" to the Opera Puppet Show, cookout for July 4th and more. Very helpful and caring "pals"who helped with daily living needs, which in Moms case were few. A wonderful place for Mom!

The Best Choice

After considering other options, we chose Belmont Village as our best choice. What struck us as the overwhelming factor was the total ambiance and the friendliness and commitment of the staff. Here we found programming that meets my sister's needs. After our first week, we knew we made the right choice.

Review of Belmont Village Buffalo Grove - Buffalo Grove, IL

Staff seemed very nice however I didnt care for the groups of residents sitting around a table area in what seemed to be a hallway with a caregiver. It seemed to be not very interactive

Great experience for my Mom

My dear Mom was living here for over a year. During her time at The Belmont, she continuously received excellent, loving medical and emotional care. I would come and visit her at various times of the week and always found her happy and clean and her room in clean and safe conditions. The staff ratio allows for this maximum care. She truly came to think of the staff as part of her family. Staff was always wonderful in notifying me of any further needs including if there was ever the need for further therapy options. I feel blessed that a geriatric psychologist recommended The Belmont for my Mom. It was truly the perfect fit for her.

Mixed experience

Our experience with Belmont Village was somewhat mixed. We placed two loved ones here, and while it worked fine for one of them, the other required a higher level of care than they were able to provide. I think they could have been more thorough in the care evaluation, so we could have avoided having to move her in and then back out again. However, they are doing a good job with the loved one who stayed, and I think it is a nice place for someone who matches their level of care.

Lorena Grimes

We’re sorry we weren’t a right fit for both of your loved ones. Resident care and safety is a top priority so we are very thorough with our evaluations to ensure we can provide the appropriate level of care. However, sometimes care needs change or situations arise that weren’t readily apparent in the initial evaluation. We always work with families to avoid an additional transition if possible. We’re glad your loved one who stayed has had a positive experience and we encourage you to talk to your executive director to make sure all your needs are met.

Great facility

The facility is doing a great job. Their handling everything they should be handling. The only issue is that it is costly. I do not think it should be that expensive to take care of a loved one. Overall they are doing a great job.

Belmont is beautiful and very expensive.
It is not within our price range.

They have been very accommodating..

They have been very accommodating. They were able to get my husband in, in a timely manner. The location of the facility is good. They offer activities such as Bingo, Musical Entertainment, and more. The food is also good there. Everything has been going very well. We haven't had any issues or concerns. I would recommend the Belmont Village Buffalo Grove. It was a really good experience. Four Stars.

Want more hospital beds, and costly but nice

It is very expensive. We've had a couple of small issues. I think the safety of the patient is prime and I don't see the lack of hospital beds accomplishing that. i don't understand. I know They are prohibited but I don't understand. It's got to be difficult. I don't know how they do what they do in the manner that they do it. They are nice. Tried to accommodate our questions. One of the nicest ones we looked that. That why we made the decisions. The cost is unbelievable but you make your choices. I think the understanding has to be more discussed.

Helpful and accommodating care staff

They've done an excellent job overall at Belmont Village so far, I would give them top marks across the board! The staff here are friendly and professional, and they've been very accommodating regarding any questions or requests that we've had for them. Things are working out well here for our loved one!

My mom is happy here.

We moved my mom here a little over a month and a half ago and she is doing very well here. She was at another community and became depressed so we really had to do something to keep her motivated to continue to recover. Right away, the staff engaged her to get involved and helped her work on her limitations. The vibe here is much more inviting and homey. She loves the food! The apartments are on the small side but the great staff and care she receives here more than makes up for it. I am at ease knowing my mom is happy and being well taken care of!

very good

They are very good at handling people with Alzheimers or dementia. Such patients can be very argumentative, and they have a way of getting them to do what they need to do without getting them upset. They do a really good job taking care of the immediate needs of the residents. There were a couple of things we noticed where they could do things a little better, but when we brought it up they listened and made improvements where they could. They are doing very good.

Beautiful place and ability of resident is considered for activity planning. Very high price. Caregivers visible and happily working. Not invited to sample lunch. A little further than I would like to travel on a daily basis.

A nice place overall, with a bit of rocky start

We had a bit of rocky start here, but after things settled down this had been a great place. When our loved one first moved in they weren't taking care of all of her needs, and it feels like it took about a month before they started handling everything they needed to. With a few exceptions the staff are all very friendly and caring, although they could do better about returning calls and communication in general.

Amy Self

We're sorry that your initial experience was not as smooth as hoped, but we're glad that things now on-track for your loved one. Please know that our community team remains dedicated to working through any issues that arise whether in transition or down the road. Our goal is to partner with our families to create the best possible experience for our residents and we encourage you to contact the community team any time you have a concern, and please don't hesitate to contact our executive director if you feel that a response is delayed.

Beautiful grounds and rooms...

Beautiful grounds and rooms. Very clean. Friendly people. Great memory care program. very interested but concerned that mom may need care more like a nursing home. They offered to do a free evaluation on mom to see if she is a candidate.

Loved that first point of c...

Loved that first point of contact is with licensed social worker Debbie. She was knowledgeable, personable, and helpful in assessing Mom's personality type. Facility is good, and all the staff and management I met were very personable and sincerely interested in knowing Mom. They have a unique, interesting program for brain health called 'Circle of Friends'. It looks very good; however, I do not think Mom would participate. It would seem too much like being back in school for her. All that she enjoys now is talking with people, watching TV, eating, and watching people or scenery. The basic assisted living program may be more for her.

Awesome place, friendly staff, takes good care of the residents.

Belmont Village is great, convenient, close to my home which makes it easy to visit my Mom more frequently. They have a lot of activities that my Mom participates in and I think she is getting a better quality of life than before. The staff treats the residents with dignity and doesn't embarrass them....just handles any situation at hand without letting others know anything is wrong. The administrative staff is great; they were the ones that reached out to us most when making decisions and continue to help me with any questions/situations with my Mom. A bit pricey, but well worth it. Knowing my Mom is in better care than I could give her, means the world to me! I would recommend Belmont to anyone looking for a place for an elder relative.

I like them a lot.

I like them a lot. The quick move resulted in a few issues, but they are resolved quite quickly. They have levels of care instead of individual add ons, making this a really good value. The food is ok, and they are able to accommodate special diet needs. I don't have to stay on top of them like I have in previous places.

The staff is exceptional here! The fo...

The staff is exceptional here! The food is not so great.. that's still up in the air. I definitely think that they could improve on their communication with the family. They call me when I need to know something, but sometimes just a general check-in call would be nice as well. I know that they recently hired someone to help with that though. We mainly chose them because they have a 24-hr nurse on site. However, that may have been a little over promised, since it can take the nurst 45 minutes to come at night. Overall, we are very happy though. They have a good staff to resident ratio.

It's been very good.

It's been very good. They've been very friendly. She needs a lot of support and she is getting it from the staff. The variety of activities and maybe tailoring them to each individual would be nice. The food is very good. The staff and the inside, they are attentive. All in all we have been very happy.

Beautiful

It was quite beautiful. If I had my way that is where mom would be living here. She had just viewed so many by the time we got to Belmont Village, but it is a wonderful community.

A Great Place with Wonderful Staff

We placed both our parents here, in separate rooms due to different care needs. Staff made everyone feel welcome and a part of the Belmont family. In fact, many of the staff treat residents as if they are family. Varied activities, with an enthusiastic leader, are geared towards residents' capabilities, and staff always available at activities for those who need extra assistance. Special events throughout the year, like golf tournament, casino, carnival provide fun and something to look forward to. Nursing staff is excellent, caring, competent. PALs are wonderful, gentle, compassionate. Dining hall is like a beautiful restaurant; food is attractive and tasty. The facility is beautifully cared for and decorated seasonally. Both parents passed away recently. Hospice was engaged for one parent. Both Belmont staff and hospice staff were so kind, gentle and understanding. Belmont was very supportive during end-of-life. Truly, we felt relieved knowing our parents were so well-cared for and loved.

Comfort

Knowing that my folks are being well-taken care of is of great comfort to me and my siblings! My parents lived in a condo and my father was responsible for my mother's care. He is 90 and the task was taking its toll as he seemingly aged a decade in one year.

Thanks to A Place for Mom, a referral service, several tours were set up so that me and my sibs could visit in one weekend, as I live out of town. I was so grateful to find Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove. They made it easy for us and assisted us with the transition every step of the way.

My parents are happy. The staff is caring and even anticipate needs before being requested as my folks don't like to ask for assistance even when needed. The restaurant atmosphere in the dining room is great and the food is fabulous. You can even make a special request! Unheard of!

We are so pleased that Belmont is meeting the needs of my folks, giving us great comfort!

I highly recommend them!

They are unbelievable, I am just so touched. It is expensive but they are doing their job, they're doing crafts, they do have some word games, I've noticed on the sheets that they do bingo-I think that's popular for any nursing home- they do have communal kind of celebratory luncheons, they had a BBQ for the section that my mother was in and the family members were invited so that was a nice gesture and it wasn't another expense. My mother is Roman Catholic and they do see to it that the Eucharistic Minister comes to give her communion which is really important for my mother because she still remembers her faith. They said they would continue to use all of her medications and go through her pharmacy which was a huge savings for us, we do have to provide pull-ups and wipes but they don't charge us anything else for her incontinence which is another savings.

We liked it, but don't do end of life

My mom was still alive when they were there and she sort of ran into the end of life part where she needed more care and they weren't able to do that so they asked them to leave. I really liked it there, I think my dad, he's pretty easy going, he kind of just accepted things and he liked where he was. I always thought their food was really good there, they had BBQs and those were always really good. As far as activities because he was legally blind he couldn't really do much but they had some card games, poker and things like that, that he did until he couldn't see well enough anymore.

Liked the grand piano at th...

Liked the grand piano at the entrance. Mom may do ok with Circle of Friends, but language barrier will be a problem. I like the hourly wellness check. One of the 'pals' speaks Italian. The Secured Neighborhood was depressing. Odor in room we visited.

All Inclusive

This was a very nice community but it was more expensive then the other communities we looked at. The cost was about $7,200 but it was all inclusive, like 3 meals a day. The staff was very caring and friendly.

Fantastic

Everything has just been fantastic. The staff is very nice and helpful. My loved one really likes it there and has adjusted very well. Everything is just going very good. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Some Staff Communication Issues

It's only been a couple of weeks, but my mother seems to be doing well. The only issue I have is that there seems to be a lack of communication between the different levels of staff. Things I talk about with the management don't seem to be communicated to the caregivers. For instance, mom had an appointment with her long term care provider at 10am. I told the staff someone would be coming at 10. At 10:20am I got a call from a caregiver who said there was someone here to see her and is that okay? It wasn't a big deal, but it's that kind of lack of communication that's happening.

My mom seems to enjoy the activities. She goes on walks and they've had some bus tours, crafts and group discussions.

So far, so good.

Looks great, but finally fo...

Looks great, but finally found out that my Dad wants to live in a very specific area. This is too far away.

Assisted Living with memory care supp...

Assisted Living with memory care support - and transitional support too

Definitely a short list property. Ro...

Definitely a short list property. Room square footage is ample. Very service oriented- a lot of care is available. Property is very well maintained. There is an extra charge for medication management.

Spoke with director who was very help...

Spoke with director who was very helpful. Has good memory care program, This is more of an assisted living facility.

Very engaged facility. Met with them ...

Very engaged facility. Met with them on last trip. Talked on phone - discussed pricing options an medical requirements.

Only assisted living. Apts are small ...

Only assisted living. Apts are small - even the 1 bedrooms

Area and pics looks good. Sounds a b...

Area and pics looks good. Sounds a bit too "care" oriented? Restaurant style dining perfect.

Special memory care support within As...

Special memory care support within Assisted Living

very good care highest food budget ...

very good care highest food budget beautiful facility, lovely apartments

Once upon a time, Buffalo Grove was a small community of homesteaders and land speculators who wanted to establish a “good place” to live. These pioneers were not unlike the founders of Belmont Village who, following years of careful planning, established a facility that was a “good place” for assisted living. True to its roots, Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove, Illinois celebrates the vision of its founders.

Our community is located in an attractive residential suburb in northwest Chicago, convenient to numerous shopping malls, healthcare facilities and places of worship for our diverse population. In addition to walking trails on the grounds, there are nearby parks, farms, museums and the historic village of Long Grove for all to explore. Our community also benefits from very supportive families, who live and work in the area. Together with Belmont’s well-trained and energetic team of professionals, a sense of kinship is created that benefits everyone in the community.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
- Licensed nurse on-site 24/7
- Medication management
- Circle of Friends© memory program for Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Dedicated Memory Care Residences
- Assistance with daily living
- Well-trained, dedicated staff
- Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
- Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
- Free scheduled transportation
- Enrichment programs and social activities
- Internet and email at the Center for Learning