Sunrise of Barrington - Barrington, IL

We're in the right place.

My wife has been in memory care for more than two years at Sunrise of Barrington. She has received the attention necessary to address and serve the types of personalities and behavior one would expect of an Alzheimer patient. For two hours six days a week I observe the care staff when I feed lunch to her and I have established a friendly relationship with all of them. I like the hustle and alertness they give daily for the residents, a result of their training. Management has been approachable and receptive to suggestions, and concerns are quickly considered. Senior care is a competitive and profitable industry as more of them are diagnosed with multiple illnesses' so prices might make one gulp. Sunrise of Barrington established itself as a reputable care facility some years ago and my dollars are returning full value.

Very Nice Community

Sunrise of Barrington is a very clean and beautiful community. The staff is very friendly and caring. My Mom is in the memory care unit and I feel that we have made a good choice for her security and safety. The staff seems well educated in handling any problems that may arise. I'm not sure of the activities that are available for my Mom. I'm really not sure what she can is capable of doing at this time. Sunrise of Barrington is one of the more affordable ones we had looked at, but it is still expensive. We may have to keep looking for something more affordable.

Liked it very much. [Removed] is darling. They have a rescued house dog. Locked facility.

A Far Tour

They are very nice but way out of my price range. For what they ar offering for activities it was more than I wanted to pay. It was a fine tour and I was impressed with Denise, she was knowledgeable. Overall, it is out of my way. We need to be able to reach my loved one as soon as i can.

They have got it figured out

They have a really high level of care, especially when it comes to having different activities that people with this level of dementia can be. Their second floor which is their dementia unit which is amazing. They have got it figured out, it's all about what they can do, instead of what they can't do. You can visit as a family member and be included, you aren't made to feel like your interrupting. It is extremely expensive, they will raise it up come January 1st. They encouraged expression.

I would have thought I was in a hotel

It was an immaculate place, and the staff is very friendly. There were no hidden charges. They are really trying with the activities, they had a good variety, it's hard to accommodate for all the varying levels of interest. They listened to the residents, and let them help dictate and direct what they wanted to do. They work really hard to make the population happy there. The food was fantastic. The chef got to know the residents, and there were lots of choices of food, and there were always things you could have if you didn't like it. I left thinking if I were ever in a position where I needed to go somewhere, I can't imagine anyplace else comparing to them. I would have liked to have had a counselor, though the staff was always willing to talk with you. I also liked that they held a communion. They also had a fantastic memorial day service. One nice thing is that they have the people who need more care upstairs, and while there is some mingling, I think peoples needs are more able to be met the way it is set up. I was very apprehensive about going to assisted living, my mind immediately went to the idea of a nursing home. I would have thought I was in a hotel, and they have concierge too.

Sunrise - Excellent Home

Top rate in all respects. Highly recommended.

Very friendly

They are above and beyond for friendly. The value was acceptable – they’re right in line with everyone else. I had no complaints. I can’t say enough for it. The person I’m taking care of is doing a thousand times better!

Some issues with the care and the nursing staff

Their fees are a little high. The staff is friendly - the nursing staff does not seem to be very friendly. When you approach them, yeah, but when you just see them they kind of run other way. I don't get any questions answered, put it that way. Most of the time the nursing staff either doesn't know or isn't there.

The doctor ordered my mother to be on insulin that lasted 36 hours but it was being given to her every 24 hours and she became hypoglycemic and we almost lost her. I think that was the doctor's mistake but the nurses could have caught on. It's kind of like deliver the meds and go home. I'm a nurse so I know and that's just not the way you run things.

They were helpful in getting eveything together to transfer my mom. I have to give them credit for that.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at our community. Please contact us at [removed] so we can better understand your concerns and learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Big and Expensive

It was more expensive and seemed to be colder. It was really nice looking but I don't think they would be able to give my brother the attention that he needs because it's so bit. The other thing is that the expense is too much. My brother is young and he wouldn't be able to stay at Sunrise for more than a couple of years, if that.

Excellent facility

The Sunrise facility, services, and staff were excellent in every way. I was extremely comforted in the manner in which they cared for my father. I have recommended Sunrise to others.

Visited on 5/18. Smallest...

Visited on 5/18. Smallest Sunrise facility within 15 minutes of my house. Rooms have handicap accessible showers. Closest to doctors and Good Shepherd Hospital. Will cost about $116/day. Nurse from facility will assess dad on 5/20. Overall this place is much better for my dad than home.

Very Nice. Common areas very spacious...

Very Nice. Common areas very spacious. Rooms very small. Small facility - only 30 residents. Convenient location for us. Dog can visit her anytime.

Another Sunrise entirely devoted to A...

Another Sunrise entirely devoted to AD care through hospice. Well run with cohesive staff. In an outlying suburb, mostly staffed and populated by local people. Perhaps 5 years old with many original staff. Very appealing & suitable. Point system here differs from point system at Sunrise Wilmette.

Sunrise Senior Living of Barrington is an intimate, licensed residence devoted to caring for those needing assisted living and nurturing those with memory loss or Alzheimer's disease. Four different care "neighborhoods" are be provided within Sunrise of Barrington: Assisted Living; the Terrace Club for those with early memory loss; the Reminscence Neighborhood for those with moderate memory impairment; and Edna's Place for those needing the personalized attention which benefits end stage memory impairment.
More than a residence, Sunrise of Barrington is a Community where seniors will be individually guided along their journey-making every day a pleasant day and giving them the best quality of life possible. Our care and the training we provide to our staff is based on a foundational belief: Belief in the Sacred Value of Human Life. Call today to schedule a visit, we look forward to you meeting our staff and residents!