Friendship Village of Schaumburg - Schaumburg, IL

• 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • 24-Hour Security
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • Short Term Rehab

Nice grounds and amenities but not the right fit. Too big and a bit high priced.

Options for care

We enjoyed this community tour. The staff were helpful and helped us with the questions we had. We liked the list of the menu and the care that would have been helpful. We liked the activities. We did not find that the community had the environment that we were looking for. Families might want to consider this community for the care of a loved one.

Home Sweet Home

I like this nice community that I have moved into. The menu is outstanding and a nice variety. The community is always clean and the staff takes care of everything at this community which makes it very enjoyable. The activities are nice for me to enjoy with the other residents. I would recommend this community to other families for a good place to move into.

A good Tour But Not A Good Fit

I did not pursue this community because I saw a large facility with thousands of residents. I felt my parent would not get the one on one attentiveness.

Overpriced apartments

The lady who gave us our tour was not prepared, which wasn't a big issue. I couldn't believe they wanted to charge almost $7,000 for an apartment that was smaller than a studio. The community wasn't very updated. The independent section was nice but the assisted living part needs some TLC.

A bit to much!

We saw this community and it is absolutely lovely. Very nice staff and looks like very nice residents. The community was clean and nothing wrong with it. The only thing is that we did not want to spend so much so this place would not work out.

The name fits the people

Very nice community and open. The staff when I toured this community was helpful and answered all my questions. They also have a nice dining area for my loved one. They are top notch in the field of assisted living. I would recommend Friendship to my friends.

Friendship Village gets my vote!

My daughter and I visited this facility recently and were very impressed. We had also visited other nearby facilities, so we were able to do comparisons.

Friendship Village seems to have everything a retiring senior would want. Lots of activities, plenty of dining options, with excellent menus, a bank on hand, a small market when you run out of necessities, doctor's services in-house, absolutely beautiful grounds. They even have their own forest with walking paths for those of us who like to walk on something other than concrete.

There pool is more than adequate and is heated. Many pool activities are planned each week, with a good selection of exercise activities in the heated pool.

We thought the apartments were lovely. Certainly large enough for my husband and myself. We happened to look at the updated ones, so I can't honestly comment on the others. Altho, we were assured that if we selected another apartment, it would be fully updated before we moved in. I loved all the light coming into the apartment, too. Makes it appear even larger.

Friendship Village also has many outside activities for seniors, such as, go-karting, rock-wall climbing, tubing, and pseudo sky diving or sky floating! I don't know of any other facility which offers such diverse activities.

I suggest you look at their website or Facebook page to see all the activities they offer. The website also gives you the weekly menu, weekly bulletin, amenities and general information.

Unfortunately, we were there on a Sunday in the fall, when I would guess many seniors visit their children or grandchildren in their homes. There weren't any activities going on that we could see. We would have been better off touring the facility mid-week when it would be full of busy, happy, seniors.

All I know is that I am convinced this is the place I want to spend the rest of my life.

Big Place

The rooms aren't as nice and the place isn't updated. They don't offer very many floor plans. The staff is friendly but not as friendly as smaller places. It's like a big college campus as opposed to a small college campus or small town feel.

Friendship Village is Chicagoland’s most renowned and respected senior living community. It’s not just a place to live; it’s a place to plan a better future. Life at Friendship Village focuses on fulfilling four key areas to create a successful retirement living experience: a secure plan, health and wellness, lifestyle and financial stability.

For more than 35 years, our Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) has been giving older adults the opportunity to enjoy their future with fewer worries. With a secure plan, you’ll always have the confidence that no matter what life brings, you’ll have a beautiful and affordable place to live and access to accredited healthcare services. Friendship Village has a complete range of living options to meet your needs: independent living, assisted living, skilled care and memory support, all on our beautiful 60-acre campus.

Friendship Village is a leader in providing quality care for seniors. It was the first Continuing Care Retirement Community in Illinois to earn accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and in 2013 received its fifth five-year re-accreditation. Friendship Village is also among just 16 percent of CCRCs nationally that submit to an independent review by the Continuing Care Accreditation Commission (CCAC), the only accrediting body in our field. Additionally, Friendship Village's healthcare facility recently received a 5-star rating from Medicare.

Life at Friendship Village is designed to keep you happy and healthy with a range of fitness and wellness programming as well as satisfying meal options focused on your long-term well-being. Residents enjoy a vibrant activities program as well as top-notch amenities including a fitness and aquatic center, salon and spa, and five dining venues, including a bar and grill. Plus there is a full-service Physician Center, bank and convenience store on site, so residents can run all their errands without stepping outside the front door.

As a not-for-profit organization, our top priority is always putting our residents, and their financial interest, above all else. With many flexible financial plans to select from, we’ve helped nearly 20,000 older adults create a viable, reliable plan for the future. Utilizing our Life Care plan, your one-time entrance fee provides access to a lifetime of care as well as a discount on the cost of any future care you receive. It’s the safe way to protect your assets and ensure you’ll be provided for, without ever having to financially depend on your family or loved ones.

Friendship Village of Schaumburg is a community created to enable seniors to Get Set for whatever life brings and enjoy every step of the journey with confidence and security.