Sunrise of Buffalo Grove - Buffalo Grove, IL

Very clean and nice.

This is the place! It feels like home. The residents all seemed to love being there and the staff was amazing. They offer all of the services we need and we'll be setting up an evaluation to get things started.

Respite Stay Went Well

My mother enjoyed her respite stay in this community. Everything went well, and they did a good job taking care of her, and her needs. They provide nice meals, and she enjoyed the activities they had available. A place for mom was great with the help they provided my family with. This is a community I would recommend to my family, and friends. It worked out well for us.

Great Place!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for her. The staff have been attentive to her needs and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. They where really helpful with the transition and my mother is starting to adapt into her new living environment. She has had no complaints about the meals and is starting to enjoy some of the activities with the other residents. Overall it has been a great fit and I would recommend it to anyone.

So far so good

The staff have been good to my mother in law and they have been helpful to the family. She likes the food and has enjoyed some of the daily activities. The community is well taken care of. This community fit her requirements and I would recommend it.

Cre and comfort

We are happy with the service. The caretaker is helpful and does the care that we are needing. She does arrive on time and we find her helpful to every required need. She does arrive on time and is very friendly and caring and we would recommend this service and the good caretaker to other families.

Best Of The Best!!

The Sunrise of Buffalo Grove community is wonderful. It is a small place no more than 40 residents which allow them to have more one on one care for each person. The place is kept very clean and is well maintained. The meals are great, they are nutritious and the chef Sophie is amazing. She will cook anything the residents request. My mother has gained weight since she's started eating there. They do a great deal of raffles and brunches to raise money and help the ease costs for the family members which I love. They also give money towards your bill for referrals.

Wonderful Environment

Everyone at Sunrise is amazing. Kind, caring, loving and they love what they do. My mom was only there for a short time unfortunately but they made a lasting impression. Anyone's loved one will thrive at Sunrise. My whole family was so pleased with the choice of Sunrise

Nice and Friendly Staff

My tour of this facility was okay. From what I saw everything looked well maintained and clean. It was kind of confusing because they mix the skilled nursing and the Alzheimer care. The staff was kind and friendly. They were very informative. It was a decent tour.

Nice people, but very understaffed

Our experience with Sunrise of Buffalo Grove has been mixed. The caregivers they have here are professional, friendly, hardworking people, and the care and service they provide is good. However, they just do not have nearly enough people on staff. Regarding meals, time to receive entree after placing order is about 30 minutes. Total time from sit-down to soup/salad, to entree, to desert, to leaving is typically 60-75 min., and the place does not look well maintained. They're just spread too thin. Activities program is weak. Residents complain about boredom and lack of interesting programs

Took Very Good Care Of My Mother

My mother did very well during her time at this community. They took very good care of her during her last days. This is a lovely community. The staff is very caring and very helpful. We were very pleased with everything they did for us. She was in good hands. A place for mom was outstanding with all the help they provided us with. Everything went very well, only thing I had an issue with is the fact I think the staff should wear pendants. Which would allow faster responsive time.

Home-like Atmosphere that Caters to an Aging Senior Population

Sunrise of Buffalo Grove caters to a aging senior population in a very small community setting. Mom is 93 years old and was not looking for a community that provides a multitude of activities and trips geared for baby-boomers. She also didn't want to just sit in her apartment. Sunrise provides age appropriate activities throughout the day with a social hour every afternoon. Sunrise welcomes you in and provides a home-like atmosphere with a parlor for playing games or watching TV and a dining room with a chef that prepares meals geared to the individual resident tastes. There is a spacious sitting area and activity room on the second floor and hallways to the resident apartments are short and lined with memorabilia. The entire Sunrise staff and caregivers works together to make sure the needs of each resident are met. Mom says living at Sunrise is like being on a cruise.

So far my loved one has been very pleased.

So far my loved one has been very pleased. We have had no major complaints, other than it's a little on the pricey side.

Beautiful and homey. Again out of our price range.

Too Much Employee Turnover

This place cannot keep their employees - they all leave for some reason. Not good for me.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

I love them!! We are very happy with Sunrise.

I love them!! We are very happy with Sunrise. I would definitely give them a five!

The staff was very accommodating and very nice

The staff was very accommodating and very nice. They were very friendly there. Overall it was pretty good experience. The activities were very nice. The value was excellent. Mostly all facilities are expensive and this one offered great services. It's worth it. They did a great job on taking care of my loved one. I was just very pleased with the Sunrise of Buffalo Grove. It's a nice place with friendly people.

Very helpful staff!

We had a very good experience with Sunrise of Buffalo Grove, they really have done an excellent job! The staff here are so helpful, and so friendly, they really helped us through the whole process! I don't have a single negative thing to say about this place!

Would Not Recommend

There procedures for sending Alzheimer's patients to the hospital needs alot of improvement, the care is good, staff is friendly, food is very good . The facility is clean just need to reexamine their procedures with communication with family members of residents.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so we may follow up. Thank you! Sunrise Team

Sunrise at Buffalo Grove has been a g...

Sunrise at Buffalo Grove has been a good fit. I'm satisfied with the cleanliness of the facility, friendliness of the staff, care provided, and overall services.

We are very happy.

We are very happy. The Ala Carte pricing is a pain, but it works both ways, it’s better than paying for stuff you don’t use. I love the cozy atmosphere of the place and that it looks like a house. We have been very pleased with the staff, they are all very helpful and supportive.

Excellent choice

My mother is really happy at Sunrise of Buffalo Grove. The staff does an amazing job of making the residents feel at home and valued. They are so personal and friendly in a very authentic manner. The food is really excellent. Fresh, tasty and nutritious. My mother has flourished in their care.

Identical to Other Sunrise

This community was practically identical to other Sunrise that we visited. Like a cookie cutter. The staff was quite nice. They had a large dog in the lobby that was friendly to everyone. For some reason, my mom hated this community, but she ended up moving into the other Sunrise. It didn't make much sense. She's happy where she's at now so I'm sure she would have been happy here.

They're taking wonderful care of my mom

Everything is perfect, absolutely perfect. They really, really care about her. She's been sick a number of times and the last time when she came back from the hospital, they all came up to her saying they were glad she was back and hugging her and kissing her. They know what she likes and she has a sweet tooth so they're giving her treats all the time. They're very, very accomodating to her, they're very nice, she rings the buzzer and in 5 minutes there was somebody there, they're really taking care of her. They're constantly turning her because when she was in the hospital for 2 weeks she got terrific bedsores; so they're moving her all the time and putting pillows under her to keep her comfortable. The people are so nice and cheery and friendly, if you ever have a question their door is always open.
When my mom was in the hospital they told us she needed to go to skilled nursing because they wanted to get her stronger but she's over 90 years old and I don't understand what the skilled nursing is because they do everything for her here.

Sunrise of Buffalo Grove

Sunrise has a homey feel to it, it is smaller than most others we visited. The staff seemed very nice. I visited before and appreciated that if a person needed to have more care such as onset of dementia, they can stay there. This makes it easier for the resident, no upheaval or significant transition. I also visited that floor and it was pleasant and had a nice secure emotional feel. They were definitely geared for their needs.
I didn't inquire too much about activities so I can't review that.
I didn't like that they had a dog/dogs there. My mother wasn't a dog person so that was a turnoff for her. It's a matter of preference.

I really liked the Assisted...

I really liked the Assisted Living side, lively and cheerful. I did not particularly care for the Memory Care side. Seems that the lower-functioning residents were a lot less functional than mom. There is a waiting list at this location. Seems mom may fit in the Terrace Club (Barrington and Wilmette only). However, she will have trouble with the assessment since it will be in English--this is a problem (applies to all facilities).

This community was the firs...

This community was the first that we visited and Mom loved it. The lunch food was very nice and the selections appealing. The facility was beautiful and we saw several levels or types of units that were all lovely. The staff was wonderful, answered all of our questions patiently and very courteous.

Home like and intimate

I really liked this community the staff was very friendly. It is more expensive then other communities but they also offer a higher level of care. There rooms are less expensive because they are semi private room where the bathroom and kitchen separate the rooms. It is more home-like and intimate then other communities we looked at.

Very small

We were looking for independent living. This was not the right fit for us. The Prices for Rent were very high for SMALL. rooms. The Park in Vernon Hills was our choice.

Nice looking. Smelled like food. Ol...

Nice looking. Smelled like food. Older residents, less active community

Awesome!

Awesome!

I found this to be the exact kind of ...

I found this to be the exact kind of place I want for Dad. It is beautiful, and friendly and above all it seems like a place he would be loved.

Special memory care support within As...

Special memory care support within Assisted Living