Cedar Lake Assisted Living & Memory Care - Lake Zurich, IL

Cedar Lake Assisted Living & Memory Care - Lake Zurich, IL has yet not published prices.

Like being on a cruise without the water.

After visiting a number of area assisted living facilities and asking friends about their assisted living experiences, six months ago I moved to Cedar Lake Assisted Living & Memory Care. Apartments are sized for one's need. Mine has an office, personal computer, player piano and quality bath features. Services include laundry, bathing/dressing assistance plus room for my electric scooter. Individual climate control is in each apartment. I trust staff because they do what they promise. Service staff keeps my apartment clean and comfortable. Guest activities are numerous. Services are secure. I like Cedar Lake employing special needs people in our dining room and kitchen. Dining room staff remembers my name, meal preferences and make for pleasant, helpful dining that follows dietary requirements. It is not "home" but the next best thing.

Samantha McCue

Hi Thad, thank you so much for your positive comments about Cedar Lake Assisted Living & Memory Care! We are so glad you like being a part of our community. Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day!

Cedar Lake - Why My Dad Now Calls it Home

After living in the family house for 69 years, my Dad realized the time had come to finally let go of all that work. It didn't take him long to decide on Cedar Lake - all of one day. He enjoys the many activities, especially bingo and bowling. He's also now exercising using the state-of-the-art training room. All of the amenities are first rate, but perhaps what he loves most about Cedar Lake is the people - he continually tells me how friendly everyone is, how helpful everyone is, and how caring everyone is. There is no time to be lonely. I see the care first-hand when we come to visit. When he comes over to our home to visit, he's always one of the first to leave, as he says, "to get back home". Cedar Lake is truly the affordable Gold standard of assisted living in our eyes - see for yourself today!

Samantha McCue

Tom, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the staff here at Cedar Lake! We hope you have a great day!

Top Rated Assisted Living/Memory Care Staff & Facilities

The aids, nurses and Directors REALLY care about the people. They know them all by name and show genuine concern. My sister was in assisted living for a year then memory care now for 2 years. She's been in/out of hospital 3-4 times and the last time, [name removed], [name removed]and [name removed] visited her at least 3 times to see how she was doing and helped her get back home. [name removed] memory director, meets with me every few months to go over my sister's "plan of care" in detail and the rates have been reduced as my sister's care (mainly less meds) has been reduced which I feel is Above The Line HONESTY. Cedar Lake is always clean and smells good. The aids tell me what they need to take better care of my sister like new shoes, bed pads, more clothes, etc. The activities specialist are AWESOME: they send me pictures of my sister doing crafts and exercises. I go to the Xmas Chorus Concert, Thanksgiving, Xmas, 4th of July parties. All in all I hope they keep going strong forever.

Samantha McCue

Hi Dana, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Cedar Lake Assisted Living & Memory Care. We're happy we could meet your expectations! We hope you have a great day!

Cedar Lake is a beautiful community with cheerful, helpful staff. The apartments are clean and spacious; they very much seem like home. And all the activities available ... a theater, daily Jeopardy competitions, Bingo, live music ... offer many opportunities to socialize and make new friends. I'm sure Mom will be happy here.

Small, caring community

My uncle moved into the assisted living side of Cedar Lake over three years ago. For the past year, he has resided in the memory care area. I visit with him at least three times per week, so I am quite familiar with the staff and many of the residents. I give Cedar Lake five stars, not because everything in these three years has been perfect, but because the concerns I've had have always been addressed promptly and with genuine care and concern.
I chose Cedar Lake because of its location near our home, and also because it is small, personable and warm. In a smaller community, it is easier to get to know the staff and residents. When my uncle moved into Assisted Living, there was [Removed] trying to help him over come his shyness and participate in activities. Then, as he started to become weaker, the Assisted Living Director, [Removed] would personally go in and help him dress, toilet and whatever else, because he was calmer with [Removed] around. When I was out of town, and my uncle needed to move into memory care, [Removed] physically made that move for me, furniture and all, and made sure he was comfortable.
When I returned, I quickly bonded with [Removed], the Director of memory care. She was loving and attentive, and even my uncle liked her. Two months later, she took a new job, and [Removed] was hired. [Removed] has a completely different style than [Removed], but in these 10 months, she has proven to be a fantastic Director. She is completely hands on, with a bright shining presence. She doesn't sit and observe. She is a partner to the fantastic care staff, serving meals, holding hands, and singing! Any concerns I have, she takes the time to give careful attention and understanding. She is never defensive, and strives to make any adjustments I ask for. The caregivers deserve medals and praise, especially [Removed]. I'm sure I've forgotten some. They are patient and always willing to fill me in on any change in my uncle. Believe me, he requires a lot of patience and a thick skin!
Lastly, they recently replaced the activity director in Memory care with [Removed]. What a blessing! She involves the residents in every aspect of the day, from games and reading, to making Christmas ornaments for their tree, and even had them plan and prepare for a fantastic party for their families! She also sends emails with personal photos of my uncle interacting, which I am often not there to witness. That never happened before!
Is Cedar Lake perfect? No. There are times I have had to call and ask that his room be cleaner, and sometimes the communication between the staff in shift changes is not great. The staff overturned too often in the first couple of years, which I suspect is because the parent company, Spectrum does not pay as competitively as some others. I have had a substantial raise in his rent in the last year, so I am hoping some of that increase is going to the staff. I'd like to keep exactly the ones that are there right now!
Would I recommend Cedar Lake? Absolutely! They have cared for my uncle and given me peace of mind. I'll always question if I should have him here with me, but I know I cannot do all that they do. I am very grateful.

Samantha McCue

Hello Jackie, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. If you ever need anything from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

Special Community

It has now been one and a half years that my mother has been an assisted living resident at Cedar Lake. My family and I have always been pleased with the quality of care and positive atmosphere that the CL community has provided for her.
I am privileged to be able to spend a good deal of time with mom in the community, so I have an extensive first-hand awareness of the day to day life there. Cedar Lake is first rate in all departments, from administration to activities, from nursing to desk staff, from food service to housekeeping.
If I had to highlight just one area of exceptional quality, I applaud the "Department of Fun." These are the people who plan and execute the daily activities available to all of the residents. I am constantly amazed by the creative and stimulating ideas this incredible group comes up with. The day always starts with a physical movement session (of course, all activities are voluntary!), and usually followed by a hands-on activity that could include gardening, baking, and all sorts of other possible creative crafts. The afternoons are loaded with a wide variety of opportunities, from brain games to outside entertainment to a weekly bus excursion. Friday afternoon Happy Hour is a fun social occasion, and there is a nightly movie in the theater.
My mom is in a program called "Residents Club," designed for those residents who may need a little more "hands-on" care. It is an extra monthly charge, but it gives my family a higher level of comfort knowing she is being looked after.
We are so happy that we found Cedar Lake for mom, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a great community for their loved ones.

Samantha McCue

Hi Dave, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Cedar Lake Assisted Living & Memory Care. We're happy we could meet your expectations!

Marked improvement- Kudos to Chris

Over the past several months the memory care unit has shown a marked improvement. Kudos to Chris!! The dedication of the staff and focus is much improved. A little more activities for stimulation would be better.

Great Location

This community was a great choice for us. The location is perfect for me very convenient. My dad is not one to socialize with groups of people he tends to stay more by himself which is fine. The staff is wonderful here they respect my dad not wanting to be around people much and they are very attentive to his needs. He is loving the food it's great. The community is always clean and well maintained they do a great job of making it look good. I would recommend them.

A nice community

Dad likes to work out in the gym at the community. The food is good and they take good care of the community. The grounds are nice and you are able to walk around the building. Dad is pleased with the staff and I would recommend this community.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

Comfortable Care!!

I am comfortable with the care that my mother has been receiving at this community from the staff. They have been very kind to her and have accommodated her needs to the best of there ability. She has been enjoying all of the great meals, and I am happy to say she has gained fifteen pounds from the great nutrition. The only complaints she has is that there is no sidewalk around the building for her to go out and take walks.

An Honest Opinion..

My Mom called Cedar Lake home for 1 year.. Choosing Assisted Living for her was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make. I told her we would try it for 1 month. Needless to say she wasn't happy because of not knowing anyone there and being afraid that she was being [Removed]. With the help of the Friendly staff and some Great residents, K & R she felt comfortable enough that after 1 month, she decided to stay. She was not one to join in on the many activies but she felt safe there and grew very close to the staff.. They went out of their way to make her comfortable and feel at home.
I would recommend Cedar Lake to anyone wanting or needing to downsize and go into Assisted Living or Memory Care. You can even call me!

Lots of activities.

They are great and work with you. They have activities going on all day.If you're bored, it's your own fault! Things are going very well.

sweet respite

We moved my dad into Memory Care at Cedar Lakes in August of 2015. My dad quickly adjusted to his new home and enjoyed the welcome of some wonderful staff and residents. He loved his room and enjoyed many of the activities and the memory care unit is truly beautiful. He enjoyed the out door courtyard and playing the piano,
Unfortunately as his dementia/Alzheimer's progressed my dad needed more care than assisted living. We really hate to have to move dad because he has been so happy . Now that he needs skilled care nursing we begin a new chapter.
Cedar Lakes was a sweet respite from the challenges we faced when dealing with my dad's memory issues .

Great Community

A spacious and modern building, kept constantly clean and well decorated. I was impressed with the amount of family members sitting around with their parents/ grandparents. What really shines is that a resident can move from independent to assisted to memory according to their personal needs, and the flexibility is impressive.

Happy At Cedar Lake

What a wonderful place for your loved one to be at. They take good care of the people in the memory care, so glad that I found this place. The food is good too.

my review

We took a tour and I fell in love. It feels like home, the staff is awesome. Very clean and beautiful.

A Nice Facility

This is a nice facility and there are some good people here. My mother is doing well, but my father has been in the hospital for a while now. It is a good looking facility, everything is pretty well-kept. The staff was very helpful when we needed some extra help. They did care for my parents well. There are nice activities offered for the residents. The food is nice, they enjoyed the meals. Some of the staff and caregivers really cared about my parents. I would recommend it.

If my Dad settled in here without complaints, yours will too!

If my Dad settled in here without complaints, yours will too! Much, much better than sitting home alone. Keeps that brain and body going. Help is seconds aways, good meals in a nice dining room, music /entertainment / movies, socials and many activities... if you chose to participate. Or you can spend some time in the common areas, "just people watching". Excellent, professional, friendly, personable staff. At this stage in his 92+ years, it addresses all of his needs, not to mention he now lives in my neighborhood. Amazing how the staff gets to know all of the residents "personalities" and preferences. Very impressed overall and super-satisfied for the past year and a half since he's be "in."

Go Somewhere Else

Cedar Lake was near our home, so it was a convenient choice. Plus, they talked a good game, however, in the end, it was just a basket of promises. Our loved was unattended most of the time (we checked!) and experienced several falls as she declined. She passed away before we could move her, but the bottom line is this. Two caregivers for 20+ residents is just unsafe, especially when they are busy playing card games together rather than monitoring the residents (night or day). One particular management staffer was more concerned about "rules" than the comfort of our loved one as she was dying. Our time at Cedar Lake was just absolutely dreadful and stressful..

My Experience at Cedar Lake

I have been in many Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities....the Folks at Cedar Lake are Compassionate, Friendly Professionals..from the janitorial staff on up to the Directors. The residents ARE their Top priority. From the moment my Mom arrived she was welcomed by everyone. .the residents really enjoy the company of each other. The food is excellant..most facilities food tastes like hospital food, very bland, no flavor. .I have eaten all 3 meals there and the food tastes like home made. From Omelettes to Spaghetti sauce... I look forward to eating with my Mom.
There are always many activities fir the residents to choose. They even have their own Movie Theater!
The resident rooms are just big enough for my Mom to take care of (at 94)..
Kudos to all the staff. .whether it's Maria's smiling face at the front desk, the individual caregivers, or the Wait Staff in the dining room everyone smiles and acknowledges the residents..so glad my friends told me about CedarLake. .I would recommend it to everyone!

Our mom moved into Cedar Lake shortly after it opened. After visiting other facilities, Cedar Lake was our choice for mom. It was clean, brand new and not as large as others. But what truly made our decision was the employees! I have found each of them caring, knowledgeable and sincerely helpful. I love how they know each residence name and any time I go to visit they know exactly where mom is. Our Mom is happy and you know when Mom is happy everyone is happy !

Cedar Lake Memory Care has provided for my Mother's needs.

After my father passed, my mother who has Alzheimer's was being cared for by a private care giver in another independent living retirement community. We quickly learned that we needed professional care and a facility that is equipped for the special needs of a person with this illness. After searching and touring many facilities, we were drawn to Cedar Lake due to its smaller size, very caring and professional staff, the programs they offer for those with this illness and the location. Our family has been very happy with all aspects of the experience and care that my mother is provided. I would highly recommend that other families consider this facility.

I am very happy with both the facility and the staff. The facility is always clean and well maintained. Staff takes good care of my family member and has been very helpful in keeping me informed and assisting with her care. My relative originally moved in to Assisted Living and has now transitioned into Memory Care. Staff was extremely helpful during this period.

I would recommend Cedar Lake to anyone interested in this type of facility.

Grandma's new home

Cedar Lake has been wonderful for my grandmother. The staff is so great with her despite some stubborn tendencies. It is always clean there and there are activities going on throughout the day. I love how they have taken the time to get to know my grandma and know what is important to her and what she enjoys. They know she loves trivia and puzzles and welcome and encourage her to join in. Grandma has made great friends and we, as a family feel comfortable that she is safe and in the best place for her. Just the other day I joined grandma for a fun game of marvelous minds that was followed by an ice cream social. Their website shares pictures of the fun activities that work sometimes doesn't allow us to attend. Thank you Cedar Lake , affectionately known in our family as "the lake house", we appreciate you and your care of grandma.

"The Lake House" made a big difference in all of our lives!

My mom has been at Cedar Lake since it opened almost two years ago. She was very reluctant to make the move. However in a very short period of time her mind and her strength both improved.
She is constantly stimulated as she is encouraged to participant in the many activities. She feels that this is her home.
The staff has been amazing in so many areas. I always want to compliment the front desk, the activities directors, the nursing staff and the aides.
I'm very glad that we chose to place my mom in "The Lake House" as we fondly call Cedar Lake.

Cedar Lake is a great choice!

Our family is very happy with Cedar Lake. They have been very attentive to our loved one. Staff is friendly and we feel really comfortable during our visits. We are able to sleep at night knowing our loved one is cared for in such a wonderful way! We would definitely recommend Cedar Lake!

My "significant other's" mother has been a Cedar Lake resident since its opening, so I have visited her there many times over the past almost two years. The facility has always impressed me with its positive and warm atmosphere, but that is only topped by the quality of administration and staff. The professionals I have interacted with have been unerringly positive and helpful, and show a true interest in the residents. So impressive that, when it became time find some assistance for my own mother, Cedar Lake was a no brainer. Although it has only been two weeks now, it has already been a positive experience for my whole family. While we are all still feeling out the rhythm of life here, there is every expectation that mom is in a situation which will allow her to thrive and be happy. And the early feedback from first time visiting friends are also positive, saying it is a good fit for her.

We're Lucky to have found Cedar Lake!

My Mother-in-law and Father-in-law moved into Cedar Lake the week it opened. She loved it the six months that she lived there. After she passed, he told me that he could not imagine a better place for him to live.
The staff is professional, creative and attentive. They work hard to keep him involved. They keep me informed and work with me to keep him comfortable.
I visit nearly every other day, and I have never seen a "crabby" care giver. They not only take care of his needs (which are now increasing), but they stop in to see if he needs anything, to share a joke, to give him a hug. When I do need to be out of town, I know he is in good hands.
We're lucky to have found Cedar Lake!

Lucky to have found Cedar Lake in Lake Zurich for our Mom

My mom has been a resident of Cedar Lake in Lake Zurich for a year now. Our family has been so happy with this community. From the moment my mother moved there last June, she transitioned quickly. The staff and caregivers are friendsly, kind, caring and respectful. They use a variety of activities throughout the day that help keep her mind active and stimulated. The physical building is new and lovely. From the moment we walk through the door, we are greeted by smiling faces and all of the staff goes above and beyond to make sure we are satisfied with the care our mom receives. We consider ourselves very lucky that we found the Cedar Lake Community and really appreciate how much they have helped care for our mom.

5 stars across the board

Top-notch care and hospitality. We had to find an assisted living place for my brother ASAP when his in-home caregiver got drunk and assaulted him. Shirley at Cedar Lakes jumped through many difficult hoops to help us get my brother relocated to their facility. Joy, Jan, Anna, Terri, and the ENTIRE staff at Cedar Lake went out of their way to welcome my brother and care for him, especially during a crisis episode late one night. Highly recommended.

A truly special place

My Mom was the second person in the door when Cedar Lake opened nearly 2 years ago and we've had nothing but great experiences there. Her apartment and the overall facility are great, but it's the staff that really sets it apart from other facilities. It is very well run. The friendly and knowledgeable folks at the front desk always know where the residents are and what's going on. The Clinical staff and caregivers make a point to get to know each resident well and meet their needs as individuals. The Activities team keeps my Mom busy and happy and has improved her quality of life with all the fun daily events and outings. The Dining Team keep the meals interesting and varied. Everyone is very engaged with the residents and I see nothing but kindness. It has become home to my Mom and she is so happy there. I'm very pleased with every aspect and grateful for the happy life that my Mom enjoys at Cedar Lake.

Beware of this facility!

This facility may look nice, but beware of the pretty facade because it is NOT well run. The salesperson promised us the sun, moon and stars for our loved one and acted like she didn't know us once he moved in. The entire upper management team is TERRIBLE and very unprofessional. The Director of Nursing was a nightmare to deal with and regularly used inappropriate language with our family. So tacky. The staff had very little patience or skill to deal with people with dementia. The caregivers were sweet to our loved one, but not very effective overall because upper management did all of the decision making. A few of the nurses were also very good. Cedar Lake should be avoided completely and you should look elsewhere if you do not want to end up moving your loved one again at a later time.

Review of Cedar Lake - Lake Zurich, IL

I like the assisted living area however the memory care area was not a good fit for my loved one

Review of Cedar Lake - Lake Zurich, IL

Very nice new facility.

Eventually this will be the place but not now.

Since my wife is not at a point where she needs to be in assisted living we chose not to keep her at Cedar Lake. Cedar Lake is a beautiful place and she enjoyed her time there and eventually when she needs to be be in a place this is where she'll be. The staff are nice and friendly and very helpful. There's plenty of activities for the residents and she even made friends in the short time she was there. Cedar Lake is a great place and I would absolutely recommend.

I was not happy.

I was not happy. There was a lack of communication between the different staff in the departments. They expect the residents to advocate for themselves, so there was a lack of supervision. They also seemed to have a lack of follow through. It's a new place, and they are understaffed, and not very well trained. When someone goes out sick there is no replacement. The young ladies that work on the day to day staff are okay. They are pretty unorganized. The facility is beautiful and the food is good, but the care is not there. I was not impressed.

Cedar Lake is a very nice place.

Cedar Lake is a very nice place. I like that they offer a lot of activities for the residents to do. It's also very conveniently located for my family.

I have not toured the new facility, but went to meet managers early on. Sounds good, but a friend had a bad experience with the sister home - a bait and switch problem with fees. There are no guarantees for fee and they "re-evaluate" every 90 days. That means the rate can change. Not an option for me.

I was very impressed with this facility. It is new community and well maintained. I like the apartments and the price was reasonable.
I would almost live there. Looks like it's a well fit for my father.

Nice place

So far things seem to be going well at Cedar Lake! It's a well kept, clean, nice looking community, and the staff have all been very friendly. They're attentive and seem to do a great job looking out for their residents!

This was my first choice.

This was my first choice. It was brand new, and absolutely beautiful. It was was pretty comparable in price. The problem was my mother couldn't be alone for a second, she needed someone right next to her 24/7. They told us that the outer door to the room would have to stay closed, and that just didn't work for my mother. You are encouraged to eat with the family, but they charge you ten dollars. We really liked it, and I would move there myself, it just wasn't the right fit for my mother.

Welcome to Cedar Lake Assisted Living & Memory Care, a comfortable retirement community with 86 senior apartments located in the charming Village of Lake Zurich, IL, between Barrington and Wauconda. Here you or your loved one will receive personal help with daily living and support for dementia if needed, along with chef-prepared meals, concierge services, and a full slate of social and wellness activities.

The premier senior living community in Lake County, Illinois, Cedar Lake Assisted Living & Memory Care is known for its warmth and high-quality care. We are operated by Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. Although not owned by Spectrum Retirement Communities any longer, our communities are run so you get the quality and consistency you deserve year after year.