The Garlands of Barrington - Barrington, IL

The Garlands is an attractive facility with many desirable ammenities. However, my wife and I did not feel the warmth we have encountered at other facilities. we are an active couple and were troubled by the apparent underutilization of the pool and exercise rooms. The Garlands in not the type of senior living community for which we are looking.

Things are going well!

My mother seems to be doing very well since her move to The Garlands. At first, it was a bit tough on her, but she is slowly adjusting and enjoying the place. The staff has been great, they are more than happy to bend over backward for her. The place is clean and they have great activities.

Impeccable care and services!

I couldn't be happier with The Garlands of Barrington! The whole process went impeccably smoothly -- from (short) waiting list, to admission paperwork, to move-in. I can't believe how kind, attentive, and caring the personnel are! Now, after just a couple of weeks, my loved one looks and sounds better than he has in a long time. He's enjoying himself tremendously; he's totally bowled over by the delicious food choices; and on and on. I'm so grateful to The Garlands for putting all our minds at ease.

First choice by far. My dad's looking into finances, it will be a stretch unless he sells his Florida house, which he's reluctant to do right now. Will be more likely in the spring.

Looked very nice

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The Garlands of Barrington was a fantastic looking place, and definitely somewhere we were considering. The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. This was also one of the largest communities we saw.

We are proud to be living at the Garlands of Barrington

My husband and I looked for a retirement community setting that was beautiful both inside and outside. When we drove into the Garlands of Barrington's Campus with its lovely gardens and architectural beauty and after a tour of the inside, admiring the Frank Lloyd Wright design, we both looked at each other and said, "We could live here!" That was the beginning of a "happy marriage" between us and the Garlands. What would we say is the first and foremost thing we love about the Garlands? It is the highly talented and skilled staff that constantly meet our needs and the friendly people, who come from all over the United States, that we live with on a daily basis. We find that one of the most unique things at the Garlands, among several, is the four smaller and more intimate restaurants that are offered. The Grill is our favorite. Chef Nick is very creative and puts his heart and soul into each one of his gourmet dinners. We also like the fact that the community uses one of our restaurants and it is nice to see the business people and families coming and going. We have heard so many people say, "We wish we would have made the decision to come to the Garlands sooner." We are glad we did and we are
proud to be living here at the Garlands of Barrington.

Grandparents are loving The Garlands

My grandparents thoroughly enjoy the neighborhood & community feel that "The Garlands " has to offer. They take delight in the excellent cuisine in both fine dining and casual atmospheres. They love attending the special events, especially those with music and art. Also, my grandpa has reignited his passion for fitness by visiting the gym on a regular basis. Our extended family loves visiting during the holidays for the community meals and music events. I am so happy my grandparents have found a place to call home as they enjoy their retirement.

Five star insider review

I have worked in the senior housing industry for about twelve years at several different communities. As an inside observer, I can honestly say that The Garlands truly is a top of the line community if you're looking for a quality place for your loved one. The environment is clean and beautiful, caregiver ratios are outstanding, the food is restaurant quality with lots of variety and the staff is very friendly!

Great care and fantastic service!

My mom lived at The Garlands for about 8 years, she started in an apartment home in the independent area. She participated in wonderful activities and enjoyed the wonderful food served in their many restaurants. Unfortunately, my moms needs changed and she eventually moved to assisted living and then into skilled nursing. The transition was handled confidentially and professionally. After about a week in her new home in Prairieview, the assisted living area, my mom said besides it being a little smaller she felt as if she never left independent living! The employees are spectacular and offer superb care, it's a small community…so they really know their residents, which they refer to as members.

Big and Concerned With Money

They were too big and seemed more concerned about money instead of the individual.

Sounds like a nice place...

sounds like a nice place, it is a buy-in sr, community, they do have a rental option. it is a life time community(independent living all the way through skilled nursing care\memory car facility. Too high of a cost for mom and dad to get into. 90%refundable fee....

The Garlands of Barrington is a continuing care retirement community nestled in 32 beautiful acres, next to the Barrington Area Library.

Our Independent Living area features stunning architecture and the finest in services and amenities. Independent Living is "buy-in," but our Assisted Living and Memory Care areas are competitively priced and are open directly to the Public.

Our skilled nursing center is the proud recipient of a perfect five-star quality rating from the Center for Medicare Services and is not open to the Public (access is reserved for residents of our Independent, Assisted Living or Memory Care areas).

Our Prairieview building houses our Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing/Rehab areas. We have an award-winning life enrichment program with unique features such as personal fitness training, aqua and equestrian therapies. Our caregivers are all certified nursing assistants and our staff-to-resident ratios exceed state guidelines. Our inclusive services are priced competitively ... no large upfront entrance fees and generous service plans with no hidden costs.

Contact us today to schedule a visit!!