The Rio Grande - Rio Rancho, NM

Moved

I moved out here in June my wife died in March and I want ed to get away from Kansas City Missouri. I think this is a wonderful place I have a beautiful view of the mountains and the park above it is just a wonderful place to live.

Dad went out there by himself and do not have good interactions with staff he spoke to.

Very pleasant visit. Friendly staff, well-maintained environment. Studio is small, but balcony and large windows made it comfortable. Common areas are attractive and usable, and they expand the living space.

A welcoming experience.

The staff at the Rio Grande were most helpful and welcoming. From our first visit and tour of the community, to my mother's move in a month later, our family was supported. At one point, my mom changed her mind about moving (last minute jitters), and David encouraged her to come back for some additional visits. As a result, mom will be moving into her new apartment at the Rio Grande on January 15th. We have a large family, and my mom has insisted on taking everyone for a tour before she moved. The staff at the Rio Grande have been most gracious about providing tours and delicious sample meals. The Rio Grande feels like a real community where people care about keeping your loved one safe and happy.

Mom is thrilled

Mom loves The Rio Grande. It is beautiful. Mom is thrilled. The staff are great there. It is the newest facility that we looked at. There are two managers there that are so sweet. She did come from a larger facility where there were a lot of staff. Like when I come with some heavy things and I need help there aren't as many staff helping. But really that's not a complaint and something I am sure I can talk to them about and resolve. Mom says that all the residents seem happy there. The staff really try with the activities. Mom is super healthy in how she eats and the staff really worked with her needs regarding that. It has gone beyond our expectations. I am so happy with this facility. It is a perfect fit for her here.

I Enjoyed My Stay

I enjoyed my stay there at The Rio Grande and the reason I left was because my daughter was in California and I really needed to be near her. But the people were friendly and the managers were great.

Great management and staff.

This place is wonderful! My mom wasn't feeling well when she moved here, but the staff has made sure she was given care and attention to make her comfortable. I would recommend this place to everyone!
The managers have been great keeping me informed when mom had to make a trip to the hospital. They go beyond great customer service here.

nice and friendly

Everybody has been real nice and friendly, and the place is very nice and clean.

Beautiful Home and Community

The Rio Grande has been an excellent choice for our family. The staff is wonderful, responsive and very caring. The facility is beautiful and well kept. The activities available are varied and plentiful. We have been very impressed. The only caveat is that there is no nursing care. There is home health care available on site, but it is an additional charge. Since we did not need a high level of care for our loved one, this worked out great. The other thing I noticed is that the residents are very welcoming which helped ease our loved one's transition. I am very happy to recommend the Rio Grande!

Get ready for Anita. ..If your pa...

Get ready for Anita. ..

If your parent/grandparent gets sick -- they're done for. If you have to request meals to the room, Anita will throw a fit and remind you that it's not their problem. It's "independent living", so it's basically an extremely overpriced apartment.

The reviews here also seem to be from the employees themselves because a lot of the stuff posted either doesn't make sense, or is a bunch of flat out lies.

If your parent/grandparent has arthritis or neuropathy, get ready for another surprise. The shower head is attached to a hose which can't be fixed in a straight position. So if they have a hard time gripping on to something for an extended period of time -- tough luck.

Please take your time and research other places before dumping any senior in this place.

Friendly and welcoming community!

Things have gone very well at The Rio Grade! It's a very nice looking community, and the staff have all been wonderful. They did a really excellent job welcoming him into the community and were helpful during all stages of the transition. He wasn't sure if he wanted to make the move, but now he is really enjoying it here!

Very nice place!

I'm very happy with things here at The Rio Grande! It's a lovely looking community, and is very clean and well kept. They've got all sorts of activities and amenities available for the residents as well. They've got an exercise room, a billiards table, and all kinds of activities. I also think they do a great job with the food. They've got fresh baked bread, all kinds of drinks, and the entrees are usually very good!

The food needs improvement

The quality of the food has gone down. It takes long to feed the residents. There are complaints of two hours wait to get fed, from when the water is brought until the food is brought. Two hours is too long have the seniors sit there. When we first went to check it out the food was really good. The type of food they’re serving is not up to par – the chef could be better.

The facility is beautiful and the rooms are awesome. The staff that live there are very good, but they need to pay attention to their

Dad loves his home!

We love that dad is so happy at The Rio Grande. At 95 and deaf he is still doing great and we don't have to worry about him living in a house all by himself. Has his own apartment but the security of living in a close community. He has made lots of new friends and enjoys all the activities available to him. He can't wait for the park being built next door since he loves to walk and enjoy nature.

They are extraordinarily good.

They are extraordinarily good. They are outstanding.

Best and nicest in the area

We looked at other places but chose The Rio Grande because it was the best and the nicest. It's new, clean, and the people there are very friendly.

We believe that The Rio Grande is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At The Rio Grande, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, The Rio Grande features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.