Fairwinds - Rio Rancho - Rio Rancho, NM

This place is just very, very hard to beat...honestly!!!

I have read a few reviews that didn't seem accurate or even close to what I experienced on my visit to Fairwinds- Rio Ranch... I toured the entire facility, first-hand, with [Name removed], (Marketing ) and could not offer any other opinion than "excellence"! Every part of our tour with [Name removed] impressed my parents (who were previously quite objectionable to moving to any independent living facility) and they have now insisted that we take action to secure a place in the Fairwinds community. The staff was apparently expertly trained and very dedicated to customer service at every area of interaction with the seniors, to the point that, I am proud to refer Fairwinds-Rio Rancho to anyone!!
In the restaurant, we were offered to dine with my parents and the food that was served was first-rate! From the sou chef, [Name removed]to the line cook, [Name removed]...from our fantastic server, [Name removed]to the restaurant lead, [Name removed]...these employees did a lot more than just their jobs to see that we were satisfied! We were even impressed with the prime fitness trainer, [Name removed]and there great bus driver, [Name removed].
Later, when we were invited to their "Happy Hour", our gracious activities directors (program coordinators), [Name removed] & [Name removed], made sure that not only those in our party, but ALL the people in all the groups attending were totally involved in the dancing and fun.
I cannot applaud enough about the professionalism of this facility's employees, at every level! ...I compliment their upper management on their success in staff selection, obvious excellent training & human resource expertise in keeping these employees happy and dedicated to superlative customer service!
Bravo and many thanks, Fairwinds...

Sincerely

[Name removed]

Chelsia Hart

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent tour with us at Fairwinds Rio Rancho went. You put a smile on my face knowing that you enjoyed your time with our staff and residents. Our team takes great pride in their work and offering our residents an enjoyable experience. I do hope that you will choose Fairwinds Rio Rancho to call home for your parents. We would love to have the opportunity to get to know you all better, and we appreciate you for your excellent review. Look forward to seeing you again soon!
Nora Lucero, General Manager

Excellent help. Very good all around place to live.

Horrible place

I will start by saying that our tour was amazing. She was very friendly and reassuring that my grandmother would be well taken care of. We sat down for lunch in the cafeteria. Staff was friendly but once we started talking to other residents they informed us that they are not going to continue their lease and are looking for somewhere else to go. Leaving the cafeteria we noticed an altercation between an employee and a resident. The resident seemed very upset about the work not being completed in her apartment. The employee was not understanding at all and continued to argue with this elderly woman. At the end of our tour I asked the woman at the front desk who this employee was and she informed me that she is the general manager, [name removed]. That being said, I am confident in my decision about choosing to not move my grandmother in. If that is how the general manager treats residents in front of staff and other residents then I cant imagine how she speaks to them behind closed doors. It's no wonder these residents are choosing to go somewhere else. For the amount of money they are spending, they should at least be treated with respect and have the requested work done in a timely matter.

Hi Luke,
Thank you for leaving your feedback. We are surprised by your experience. Our employees are hired because of their commitment to our residents. The safety and care of our residents are our top priority. We take your comments very seriously, and we would like to discuss this matter with you. Please reach out to me directly to discuss this in further detail.
Troy Jones, Operations Director
[removed]

Lots of hype

They can't keep a chef or kitchen staff. They've had 4 or 5 in the last year. We've had food cooked with rancid oil. I've thrown away food that smells terrible and I couldn't identify. They use pressed chicken loaf and call it roast chicken and use cubes of it in their soup. The elevator to the 3rd floor is broken again and has been out of order for a week. The last time it was out of order for 2 months. They've promoted the concierge to Manager of the facility. She has no facility management experience.

The community looks wonderful but is out of my budget.

I didn't like the set dining hall hours

I took a tour here when looking for a place for my Father-in-law and it was nice. Ultimately we decided against it because of the dining area having set hours. If my Father-in-law wanted to get something to eat, he wouldn't be able to because it isn't open for people to come in and grab what they want, it's all set within specific time frames. Other than that, the staff and people there seemed friendly, the facility was clean and nice. They offer a good transportation service for the residents and from what I saw, there were lots of activities offered. We chose a different community but I would recommend them to others.

LOVE IT HERE

I toured this community with a friend of mine and we absolutely loved it. They have been very professional and courtesy the whole process, there was no pressure on us to make a decision. It is very spotless, The staff is very helpful, caring and attentive. There are some entertainment activities that he has joined. They have a wonderful restaurant there with great food. I would recommend this to my friends and family

Mom's Good Care

The care at this for my mom is outstanding. We like the enviroment and the cleanliness of the community. The menu is good and there is a lot of variety. I like knowing that she is activie with a lot of the activities. They offer trips away from the community. We would recommend this community for the great care and options for other families.

Nice but not particularly homey. Some good amenities and safety procedures.

Nice staff!!

I have no complaints about the stay I have been having so far at this community. The staff have all been friendly and helpful to me and making sure I am comfortable in my new living environment. I enjoy the social environment with the other residents as well as the activities with the other residents. The dinning experience is pleasant as well as the meals they serve us three times a day. I would recommend this place to anyone interested.

Nice community but moving in was a pain!

Their access to move in furniture was terrible. You have to go through the back and it was very difficult. The staff is pretty nice and the community is well maintained. My mother was here in the past and some of the remembered her. There's one staff member who's been there for 16 years.

They are very good to her!

It was difficult in the beginning because when she moved in she got sick. Also, my only complaint is the fact that they don't have someone to show new residents around or invite them to the dining room. My mother just sits in her room and does not interact with anyone. Other than that, it is a very nice place, the food is good and they have taken very good care of her.

Chelsia Hart

I am sorry to hear that your loved one got sick. Our staff always takes the time to bring new residents around to introduce and we conduct tours through the community often. If you would like, please contact me, Jorge Hornos (General Manager), and I will be sure to introduce her to other residents. The last thing we want is for your Mom to stay in her apartment all by herself.

Thank you for making Fairwinds Rio Rancho your Mom’s new home.

Still adjusting...

My loved one is still adjusting to the changes with the new community. She loves the food and activities, but she is not too happy with the lockdowns when there is a flu or something going around. Other than that, I would recommend this community because it has been a good fit for her and it is a larger facility, which allows her to be more social.

Chelsia Hart

I’m very glad that your loved one is adjusting well to the community. The safety of our residents is priority number one and when we have any illness in the building that affects residents we need to be very proactive; we maintain an open communication regarding the circumstances with residents and family members. Thank you for your understanding and if you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Jorge Hornos, GM

Five stars for Fairwinds Rio Rancho

Through using A Place For Mom, I was given the name of several independent/assisted living facilities in our area. After visiting three of them we narrowed the choice down to two, then took our mother to both so she could choose her favorite. Fairwinds Rio Rancho invited us to stay for lunch and she loved it. A little over a month later we moved her there. Although the move was traumatic for her (age 89), she is finding the staff there to be extremely helpful and caring, the food to be fine, and the activities varied and plentiful. We are all very pleased and are confident that Mom will continue to adjust, stay active, and be kindly looked after by the staff.

Mom thinks it is a really nice place. Moving was easy. Everyone she has met has been super nice and helpful.

A Little Bit Expensive

My tour of this community went very well. The community looked nice and tidy. We tired meal and the food was great. I did notice some activities they offer. The staff was kind and welcoming. It was a little bit expensive for our budget, but this is a nice community.

A First Look Brought A Smile on Our Faces

We are due to move in on Monday, July 11th. However, since we took possession of our unit last month, we are very pleased with the staff, facilities, and everyone's effort to have our unit outfitted just the way we desire. The dining room staff are great, and the food is wonderful.

you really should take care of the easy things before they fester

So far mom has enjoyed her stay. however if you are thinking about having a loved one stay here or any facility for that matter, get the advanced info on who you need to talk to about taking care of all issues and in this instance: regular maintenance. Gosh with all the major important issues, I would not have thought this would be on the top of our first experience list. Have been dancing around this since she moved in. Lots of empathy but no resolution.
Great entertainment for the residents and excellent dinning. If I would not have to continue to follow up on basic maintenance that would be mighty fine

Toured, very nice looking, but too far for us

I toured this community while looking into care options for my brother. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. This was a little out of the way for our family so we ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have felt comfortable placing my brother.

warm and professional

We are moving my mom in this week and I have to say, it has made my life soooooo much easier to have the Fairwinds' staff's support. Stephanie, Nicole and everyone else have been fantastic!!! They are knowledgeable, compassionate and professional.. This is a warm, inviting, safe and cozy place to transfer her to. She has lived with us for 4 years and is 92, so the whole experience is a challenge. But I am so grateful for their help and experience!!
I'll post more when she has been there a bit, but so far, very impressive...

Fairwinds has delivered what we had hoped for our mom.

Our experience at Fairwinds has been beyond our expectations. Our first visit with Alecia laid the foundation and made mom comfortable. She was treated with a respect and consideration that is hard to find these days. They went the extra mile to help mom get acquainted with the facility and the residents. Frankly, the residents really are wonderful. They introduce themselves and do a huge part in making mom feel at home.
That is the hardest part of the move for mom, feeling at home. Honestly, it has taken a few weeks but she has settled into her new home. The entire staff from the folks that clean her room, that help her get around, to the servers and kitchen staff, they are all exceptional folks. Kudos to the personnel staff in how they vet their employees and train them. They have created an atmosphere, a culture, that is comfortable, fun and pleasant.
The facility has been kept up and the mature trees really help the environment and make an overall pleasant experience.
The food is absolutely wonderful. The only problem is there is too much served even at half portions. It is prepare in a healthy manner and it varies enough throughout the week. The servers really work hard in connecting with the folks they serve.

We are all very pleased with the decision we made to make Fairwinds mom's new home.

The property is really nice. My mom is not receiving care services from the facility because they do not have any openings on the assisted living side. My mom does not participate in any activities, but that is her choice.

Very nice

Fairwinds is pricey, but they do offer quite a few amenities. The facility is very nice and always clean. The staff is gracious and pleasant. The food here is good. The other residents seem happy and thriving.

Very nice

Fairwinds is very nice. It is on gorgeous property that is well kept. The facility is nice as well. The staff is always very attentive and pleasant. The residents seem to be happy and well taken care of. The food is decent here too.

We Are So Grateful

They were very nice people and very accommodating. They bent over backwards to help get our loved one situated at the Fairwinds facility. We are so grateful, it is such a nice facility. The food was very, very good.

I just absolutely love it

A few things were not completed when I saw it from when I moved-in. It was definitely and oversight, but I got in straightened out and they over-accommodated me and I just cannot say enough good things about the place. All of the residents are just wonderful. I just absolutely love it, it is beautifully built. This is home.

nice place

Fairwinds- Rio Rancho- is a nice place. It should be for the money you pay. They have good food. They have a lot of assistance for those who need assistance. The grounds are nice. They offer a lot of amenities. The place I was at previously was really nice and it was less money. I'm kind of regretting moving out of there. Money comes into it because when you pay a lot you expect a lot. They do provide a lot though.

Friendly Staff

My wife and I lived at the Fairwinds together and she had a stroke there and I do not think that they handled the situation the best that they could. They are very friendly people though and we enjoyed our stay.

Friendly staff

The restaurant is painfully slow. They are understaffed. When people come to help with different things they are not always prompt. For "happy hour" there aren't enough places to sit. Since she has some dementia, he activities are limited for her.

It is a total dream

Fairwinds-Rio Rancho- is fantastic. It is a total dream. The price, the cleanliness, and the staff are all great. The only complain I am hearing is that the protein served is too chewy at the meals. But I just think it is hard to make seniors happy on some of that. We moved from a facility in Pennsylvania that was also fabulous but it was $400 more. Her room was refurbished before she moved in. It had new paint, new carpet, and new cabinets. The value is excellent here. We are getting twice what we are paying for. Everything is fabulous at this facility.

very pleased

I have been very pleased with Fairwinds. The only thing I can think of that needs improving is the staff come in too early to take her to breakfast. She doesn't like that but she is working with them on that. Overall it has been a huge help to me having her at this facility. I don't have to worry about her and things are going really well.

A great place for mom

My mother in law lives at Fairwinds. We looked at several places before choosing them, and are glad we did.

We worked with Kathy in the sales office, who is wonderful; Nichole, the nurse there is responsive to our needs and is very caring. the food is great, the atmosphere is homey..

A great place for mom

An angel. Move in Coordinator.

We are in the process of moving my mother into Fairwinds. Since she's not living there yet, so I cannot review the facility though first impressions are favorable.

This review is specifically regarding our Sales Advisor & Move in Coordinator, Aleacia Lopez. I can't say enough good things about Aleacia. She is such a pleasant and professional person we've felt as though we have been working with a family friend. Aleacia has thoroughly answered our questions, provided facility tours and most important made my mother feel welcome as a new resident.

Beautiful Facility, Wonderful Staff

I thought the tour and the initial contacts were all wonderful. They have extremely attentive and kind people working there. Everyone I met was fantastic. I think it is a beautiful facility. They offer a lot of opportunities for socializing and having an upbeat perspective on life.

Great place

We looked at several places, and found Fairwinds the best. Mom is receiving wonderful care, the people are caring, the food is great. The transportation they provide makes things so much easier.

Highly recommend

Great So Far

Everything at Fairwinds in Rio Rancho has been great so far. Of course it has only been a couple months since my loved one has moved in there, but so far it has all been very good and I can not complain.

What an amazing family ility - very resort like feel to it. They do not have a memory care unit so it won't work for us unless we want to relocate when that time comes. Staff we warm and welcoming as we're the residents.

Extremely helpful

They have actually been extremely helpful with me and my wife. They have bent over backwards to accommodate various medical conditions and working with the health providers. Everything has been going good. The facility is very clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The value is pretty good. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice community.

A Great Community!

Fairwinds Rio Rancho is a wonderful community of and for seniors. The staff is friendly, responsive and caring; the residents friendly and happy to live and play at Fairwinds. We would recommend this community highly.

I would give them a six.

I would give them a six. They are fabulous! They were by far the best place that I saw. They were really reasonable in price for what we needed. Super nice people, not only to the residents, but to those of us that visit too. The food is really good as well.

I am in the process of moving my 91 year old Mother from Massachusetts to New Mexico, where my Wife & I relocated 8 years ago after 20 years in L.A. I toured every elderly care facility in the greater ABQ area and Fair Winds was, by far, the only place that I would have my Mom spend her last years! The facility is great, the location is the best and the staff is exceptional. I would especially like to recognize one employee: Stephanie Gallegos. She has accommodated every aspect of the difficult, logistical move that I am facing. She is timely in her email and phone responses. She has gone out of her way to make herself available for me, even on her off days. She is a true gem and a pleasure to work with. If you are a prospective client in the greater Albuquerque area, I would highly recommend that you check this place out. My Mom deserves nothing but the best, and I am confident that I have found exactly that!

Good location, nice facility. This is our preferred retirement community.

Lots of smiles and good energy!

We have had the pleasure of touring the Fairwinds facility two times and each time we have been quite impressed. The staff was not only courteous but genuinely courteous. Smiles all around - lots from the residents, too! Good energy means a lot. We feel that when the time came to make such an important decision as to where would be the best place for our loved one, we needed to all agree, and we did, including of course, the most important one - Mom! We had the great pleasure of receiving our tours from Stephanie Gallegos who went above and beyond to sincerely make us feel at home by answering each question kindly and in detail creating a relaxed atmosphere. We knew we were getting the answers we needed from a well informed and honest Fairwinds representative. Making decisions like these are not easy and we received understanding, compassion, kindness, and guidance to help us make our decision - and it is Fairwinds.

Olivia Drury

Thank you very much for your kind words about Fairwinds Rio Rancho and its staff. We take pride in our community, our residents and employees. Fairwinds Rio Rancho understands, and believes in, the importance of finding the right place for our loved ones.

We sincerely hope that your Mother chooses Fairwinds Rio Rancho as her new home and we look forward to getting to know her and your family. Again, thank you.

Great Experience

My dad, who lives there and he has had a pretty good experience and has specialize needs and they have been great in working with him through those things. so, overall, I would say, the Fairwinds Rio Rancho has been great.

At peace

I feel that the place is very great for seniors to stay. It doesn't smell like an old folks home, the food is wonderful and I am very satisfied with my residency there. I think it is also very well kept, and cleanly and the staff is very personable and friendly.

great job

I think they have done a really great job working with my mom, giving her the right amount of independence (as she is still able to live independently). It has been a really good experience.

Friendly and respectful staff

Things have gone great at Fairwinds, I'd give them top marks across the board! They were really fantastic during the whole during and sign-up process. They were friendly and answered all of my parents questions. They were very respectful and we didn't feel like we were listening to a sales pitch or were being rushed. It's a very nice looking place, and everyone is very friendly! My parents also seem to like the food, and believe me they'd let me know if they didn't!

First look is positive

We have just begun our search for a retirement home having an ability to aid us when we need it. We have looked at about 8 facilities in Tucson and Albuquerque areas. To our taste, Fairwind is perhaps the best we've seen and "felt". It is not new but has received a makeover and it looks good. Staff seemed very good and were especially friendly to us as we toured. Room choices included some with external views or views into a park like region with greenery! After Tucson, that is a plus. It will be high on our list after we look at other sections of the country. I haven't looked hard at the activities, so my activity rating is of little value.

An active place for active people

My wife and I are getting to that age (83) where we are downsizing and feel it is time to lift the load of daily living requirements to just stop and smell the roses for the few years remaining. Towards that end, we have visited almost all the retirement communities in the Albuquerque area. Fairwinds comes out head and shoulders above all the rest. Every resident we talked to spoke well of Fairwinds. Residents were seen active in and about the community. The meals were varied and quite good. The staff in the dining room was even better.

In short, one could not become bored at Fairwinds. There is plenty to do and the view of the Rio Grande valley is outstanding! If we make the move, Fairwinds it will be.

If one is the lowest I would give them a zero!

They started out really good, and then they had a change of the management. After that the care went downhill. They got a new nurse, and he was being neglected. He fell right before we moved him and they didn't know for 3-4 days that he broke his hip. He had blood on his elbow a few days later, he hadn't been showered and it was still there. We noticed when we moved him out there were a ton of vacancies.

Olivia Drury

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, and I want to apologize that your experience at Fairwinds Rio Rancho was not satisfactory. Fairwinds Rio Rancho includes an Assisted Living community with a proven history of care and concern for its residents. Though we can never disclose the personal care of a specific resident, we always react to the residents’ complaints of pain or incidents of trauma. Interaction and conversations with the resident and their families is on-going, and care needs change constantly at this stage of life.
Fairwinds Rio Rancho staff are professional, and held to high standards. We are subject to over-site and inspection by the State of New Mexico, the State Ombudsman, and the Corporate office of Leisure Care. And most importantly, we strive to be proud of the care we provide each day for every resident.

A++

At times taking care of my grandma was extremely stressful, however her move to Fairwinds Rio Rancho lessened that stress level greatly. The staff is both attentive and courteous and the residence are happy and active - truly some of the best people I've met in my life. The food there is delicious and the extra activities provided (Balance class, bingo and happy hour - just to name a few) are sure to keep the senor in your life busy! After a very tough family choice, it was deemed best for my grams to move in with a relative that could provide 24/7 care but grandma still visits all her Fairwinds Rio Rancho friends weekly - we couldn't keep her from there, even if we tried! :)

The people at Fairwinds helped Dad th...

The people at Fairwinds helped Dad through the final days of his life. They were amazing folks, caring and clean, warm and wonderful. I want my last home to be so wonderful.

GREAT place to live.

My mother has been at Fairwinds for over a year and we are very happy with the facility, the staff and the services. My mother tells me all the time how safe she feels. The Facility is always very clean and updated. The staff are wonderful and very kind to the residents. The services provided are wonderful; I never worry if my mother is taken care of when I am out of town. Great place to live, both my husband told our children if we need to be moved to a assisted living home this would be the one for us.

Olivia Drury

Thanks for taking the time to say something so thoughtful. The staff work hard to make Fairwinds a fun, relaxing, and friendly place. It’s a privilege for us be a part of your extended family.

A good place to come back to

They have sent in people before they were trained on CPAP. She’s been out on outings. It’s great. Fairwinds was one of the first communities we saw and I wish we’d just picked it right away. My loved one has seen people move out – but they come back. Part of it is the open kitchen at Fairwinds, so you can eat anywhere from 7 to 6.

Fairwinds Rio Rancho - A Lovely Surprise

Fairwinds is an Assisted Living and Independent Living Facility. There is no Memory Care or Alzheimer's Unit, which my mother-in-law specifically requested. She was able to take her cat, and people often have their pets with them in the lobby. There is a nice gym for workouts. There seem to be a lot of activities for the residents - even events which include the whole family such as Easter Buffet. The people who drive the vans are very nice and seem quite accommodating. She has been able to go to her appointments and get her prescriptions. She likes having a Happy Hour with "real" alcohol on Fridays. She also likes the beauty parlor and the movie theater. There are a couple of libraries and multiple seating areas if people visit. The apartments are in good shape & are comfortable.

Hi Valerie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review Fairwinds Rio Rancho. We're so happy to hear that your mother-in-law is happy and thriving!

The activities are great

The food is not up to par. The waiting is the restaurant is very poor. The activities are great, but there is no one there in the evenings – dinner is at 5:30 and people go to their rooms to hibernate. There are outside areas. I do my own laundry – the first week I was here they lost my sheets. Overall it’s a community that is convenient to a lot of shopping centers and doctors, but the staff is not aware of the doctors.

Olivia Drury

This a beautiful Independent and Assisted Living Community that strives to offer lots of menu choices, and most meals are made to order. The restaurant is open from 6:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., so everyone is free to create their own dining experience, and then make it to Game Night or a Movie in the Theater.
If Residents choose to combine the restaurant services, with meals on their own, the apartments all include kitchens.
There are concierge services to help the Residents, as they plan their day. And the community also promotes an environment in which Residents are encouraged to retain their independence and have ability to choose…..meals, activities, and personal services.
If there is an occasional mistake made, the staff takes pride in making it right!

Comfort is important.

The biggest thing is… my mom says the food. My mom would like more familiar foods. They do a good job with the laundry. It’s the community that my mom felt the most comfortable with. It’s close to two of her children and that made her feel more comfortable. There is enough parking.

Fairwinds wins in regards to customer service

Excellent customer service. The facility is clean. My mother and I visited the facility several times before committing to a contract. The food is also very good. The presentation of the food is also good. We were encouraged to come to visit the facility anytime prior to the contract being signed. This gave me an opportunity to bring other family members to view the facility. At no time did I get any pressure from the staff via e-mails and phone calls to commit to signing a contract. We visited several facilities before making a decision to commit to a contract at this facility. I was turned off by the persistence of the staff at other facilities who constantly called to try to get a commitment. When you are a caregiver for a loved one, the last thing a person needs is to have more pressure.

Fairwinds Rio Rancho is a wonderful p...

Fairwinds Rio Rancho is a wonderful place to live. I am happy I chose it.

Very nice place!

This place was recommended to us by a friend of my Dad who was living there. I was very impressed by what I saw here. My Dad's friend loves it here, and she acted like an ambassador for the community, giving us a tour and showing us around! I'd give them 5s across the board, I'm completely satisfied with the service here and can't think of any way that they could improve!

Toured, nice place, could b...

Toured, nice place, could be an option for my mother

It's been a perfect experience!

They're fabulous! Honestly, these people are amazing. My dad doesn't get out at all; he's not a very social person but from what I've seen, the activities are really neat. They've had and arts and crafts show, a barbeque for the 4th of July, you could sign up to go on a boat, and trips to casinos once every two weeks.

We had to make all the arrangements from out of state and everyone has been great. Nora, at the front desk, has been so helpful. Alicia and Dan in the marketing department have just been incredibly cool. It's been the perfect experience. I would recommend it to anyone!

Repeat Customer

We really like Fairwinds, our grandmother used to live here and we had a good experience during that time. So when it was time for us to look again we decided to go with them based on past experience. The community is very beautiful and the rooms are very nice. Compared to the other communities in the area it is the best one next to the brand new communities but those are really expensive. We are happy with Fairwinds and what they provide.

Albuquerque Fairwinds Assisted Living

This facility is top of the line, and was highly recommended by our physicians. It is really like a family there, with the entire staff giving positive comments, so helpful, and even the residents reflect cheerfulness and well-being. The chef is wonderful, spreading around good cheer and the most wonderful food, served at night with beautiful dinnerware and linen napkins. Even though there are over200 residents, they give the most individual attention to each person, meeting every morning to discuss the needs and wishes of their charges. When we first got there, they told my husband he would be shown where Poker would be played--I was surprised they knew him so well! And 15 RN's and techs came in at night to watch me with medical things so I would be able to rest and be confident about his care. There=s nothing better than Fairwinds!

This is our choice. We are anticipati...

This is our choice. We are anticipating a move in date in late March, early April depending on availability.

this one looks nice, it's right by th...

this one looks nice, it's right by their house now. lots of activities. check pricing on this one. Resort-style, on riverview in Rio Rancho. Looks like a good art program. this one seems more active and social than the others.

this is a good option to consider. lo...

this is a good option to consider. location on west side. active

When you visit our retirement community in the heart of Rio Rancho, you’ll notice something unexpected the minute you walk through the doors. You can see, hear, and feel the energy and vibrancy of our community. The lobby is bustling, people are laughing, and friends are chatting. Some are planning outings to the Sandia Mountains, while others are gathered in the bistro drinking their morning coffee. Fairwinds - Rio Rancho feels like an active community because it is an active community.

Our philosophy of white glove, five-star service translates into an experience that feels more like a vacation at your favorite resort rather than a typical retirement community. The atmosphere is warm, friendly, and inviting—whatever our residents need, our helpful staff is ready to deliver.

At Fairwinds - Rio Rancho, we don’t just care for people—we care about people, and want to help our residents live the retirement of their dreams. Ready to hit the greens and perfect your golf swing? No problem. How about a European cruise? We’ll plan it end to end. Karaoke after dinner sound fun? Standard play. Gourmet meals for the most discerning foodie? Our chef’s are award-winning. Whatever you want to do, whatever your passions are, we can help bring them to life in this next phase of life.

At Fairwinds - Rio Rancho, the retirement of your dreams is there for the taking. All you have to do is make yourself at home.