Bear Canyon Estates - Albuquerque, NM

this is a great place. I think My Mom would really like it. [name removed] was a lot help, he said he would work with us. He even put us in touch with the VA

Holiday Marketing

Hello! Thank you for the positive feedback and for taking the time to visit Bear Canyon Estates. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our community and that we were a helpful resource. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Fall Time

My Mom loves it here she has made friends with the cleaning lady and loves how clean they keep it. The grounds are kept real nice and has lots of flowers and they have it decorated for fall. She also loves the food. The caregivers are friendly and care is good. Mom can't really join in on the activities due to her needing more care. Overall I give them 4 Stars

Holiday Retirement

Hi there! Thank you so much for the positive review. It warms our hearts to hear your mom is happy at Bear Canyon Estates. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Thank you!

Excellent Find and Fit for Mom

Bear Creek was an excellent find and fit for our mother. She loves the place and finds the accommodations to be just what she needed socially, emotionally, and physically. We are very pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. And Mom likes it too which is what really matters.

Good

It was good move in for my brother. He is happy living there. The only negative is they don't provide coffee through out the day.

Care and Kindness

The care at this community. The staff are amazing and carign. The community is clean and maintained. The menu is good and the variety is nice. We liked the manager who is able to answer all questions. We like knowing that she is participating in the activities with the other residents and that is important. We would recommend this community for the care and the value of a loved one

Finding Independence

My mom has not been social outside the family for many years. She right away felt welcomed and comfortable at Bear Canyon. She has made friends and has nothing but good things to say about the staff. She truly has found independence . Thank you!

Very nice community; clean, friendly and [Removed] was incredibly helpful. Very nice private units with balconies/patios. Lunch was nice with good options and adequate portions and I got to talk with residents. I wish there were more elevators but that is my only con on Bear Canyon Estates.

Very Pleased

All is well for my loved one at this community. She is safe, and receiving great care. The staff is great. The community is nice, and clean. The meals are great. We are pleased with all they have done for us.

Very nice facility in a desirable area of town. The day I toured was Valentines day and the staff was setting up for a special day for thier residents. The also had a horse and carriage giving residents rides around the outside.

Very nice looking place!

The Bear Canyon Estates was less personable and more upscale. They did not have a full kitchen in the apartments and my mother was not willing to give that up yet. It was a very nice place but not what we were looking for.

Gorgeous place!

The Bear Canyon Estates is a becautiful place! I like it so much, my apartment would have been on the forst floor with a patio door and everything. It was so beautiful but
I might not be able to move in because of a money situation, but the place is perfect!

This community gets my recommendation

Mom is doing very well living at Bear Canyon Estates. The staff are real good. Mom is happy there is a salon on site and she is making friends. She is not happy with the set meal times. The food is good overall. They offer daily activities and mom likes to exercise in the gym. The community is clean and well maintained.

They Offered Things She Didn't Need

Everyone was personable and overall there was not a negative moment. They were more community like with more people to talk with. However the building was outdated with narrow hallways and dated studios being only available. It was safe and fine but there would be compromises to what she wanted. They made the extra effort to greet us and follow up with after touring the community. It was not the right fit being independent.

Beautiful place!

This was our second choice in places to live. They answered all of our questions and we got to try the food. We loved the food. We also donated a bunch of bears to the children there. We just decided to go somewhere else.

My new home

I am very happy here at this community. The staff are very nice and caring with my needs. I enjoy the food here and the variety of what they offer. There are activities for me when I want to participate. I would recommend others to come and see this great community for over all great care and value.

Great place for my mom.

My mom is living in a great community. The staff is outstanding. She is enjoying the activities and they do alot. They bring in animals and she likes that alot. They have live music and that is very helpful for her to enjoy.The community is always so very clean. We recommend this community highly to others for great care.

It Is So Nice

The community was nice to see. We had dinner with our friend and she loved the experience. They were very nice to us. My friend noticed many residents used walkers. She was not ready to move in but I would live here and it is a very nice community.

I was impressed with the amount and type of activities offered!!

Bear Canyon Estates is the right place for my dad. The food is very very good. The staff are friendly and they have recently had a change in management and it has improved the community. The community is clean, well maintained and I would recommend it.

Keeping Mom Busy

I am very pleased with everything this community has done for my mother and I. She has adjusted well to the community and seem to like it. She is getting very involved in the community. They keep her busy with all the activities they offer. She likes the food and the other residents. The staff is super nice and pleasant they are caring for my mother very well. The community is great looking and very clean. Overall it has been a good experiences for us. So I would recommend it.

Too Good To Be True

My mother has been at Bear Canyon Estates for two months - they have provided her with a wonderful, caring and safe environment. Every staff member knows her by name and goes out of their way to greet her with a smile. My mother's dementia causes her to be forgetful and somewhat isolated but surprisingly, some of the other residents have taken her under their wing. Her new friends keep an eye out for her, remind her of the daily events and even escort her to the events. Wow! I can't say enough about the staff and residents. I'm glad we picked Bear Canyon.

Amazing Staff and Clean Home Away From Home

We moved our father (in-law) into Bear Canyon at the age of 90. Physically and mentally he was doing well but emotionally he was struggling. He had decided 3-4 years ago (after his wife passed) that he should "go" soon. Since that time he gradually quit doing any and all activities, showering etc.
When we first introduced the idea of Bear Canyon he was emphatic that he would not go.
However, after working with Kathy at Bear Canyon, who showed great empathy and understanding of older people, she helped us convince him to do a "trial" period.
After he helped us move him into his apartment, she immediately introduced him to ambassadors who helped him to become more comfortable to Bear Canyon and the people living there. They were wonderful.
She also introduced him to Erica, the activities director, who made sure that he had options of activities each day. She went to extra trouble to invite him to any and all activities she thought would interest him. He is eating healthier and as little as he wants.
It has only been two weeks but we have noticed him showering and standing taller. He is enjoying living there and we believe that he will now live longer because of this healthy, encouraging "home away from home."

My Mother loves It There

The only thing I can go by is what my mother tells me and she loves it there and says she would recommend it. The only thing she has a problem with is the wait time with the food. She says it takes a while to get served.

It's been a little over a year and she still loves it.

It's been a little over a year and she still loves it. They change their managers a lot, but they seem to keep things running smoothly anyway. They place is always clean and well kept. The food is good, they do keep them down in the dining room for a while, but I think it's to get them to socialize a bit. They have plenty of activities though, and we have been pleased with it.

My Parents Are Happy Here

Everybody that works there is really caring and friendly. I do not know what they could improve on. I think it is a good experience. My parents seem pretty happy there. Everybody knows everybody else's name.

changed managers

Bear Canyon Estates changed managers. We loved the old managers that were in place here. This was one area that was disappointing. Everything else is exactly what we we needed. We are happy with this facility.

quite lovely

The facility at Bear Canyon Estates was quite lovely. My mother really enjoyed the food and all the staff was very kind, friendly, and helpful.

It's Okay

The person I put in has dementia and it got triggered real bad to where I had to leave to look for another place and when I left I was turned in to social services for abandonment. I think it was an employee that did it because this certain employee lost him and they were trying to track him down and I told them to let me know when they found him and I rushed there after work and they had found him and did not let me know until I showed up myself. Most things I was happy with and some people there are helpful, but then there are others that ruin it.

Friendly and clean

The Bear Canyon Estates is a nice community. I would rate it 5 stars because it's very well kept and clean. The staff and residents are all very kind and caring. The value is pretty good. The care givers do a good job. My loved is well taken care of. They have a variety of activities to keep everyone busy. My loved one and I are very satisfied with the Bear Canyon Estates. I would highly recommend this community.

Review of Bear Canyon Estates Independent Living in Albuquerque, NM

Very nice. Good location and friendly people.

Bear Canyon Estates is a great place for independent seniors

Very friendly staff and the senior community seems to be very happy there. My Mother is getting to know and interact with other seniors her own age which is helping to stimulate her mind after living alone for years. Very please with the staff, the planned activities and the meal service. This is independent living and the care is an add on as you need it which actually fits her needs perfectly

Mark, who greeted us and sh...

Mark, who greeted us and showed us around was most helpful in answering my many questions. The cottages were a good alternative to apartments in the main building, and we enjoyed our noon time meal. However, those living there were not very active and when shown several of the common areas for group activities, no one was there. I also observed on two different days that staff parked their cars in front of curb cuts designed for wheel chair and walker access to the sidewalks. Although the areas were clearly marked NO PARKING, the staff member's car parked there just the same. When I pointed this out to the staff member in question, he made no effort to move his car. This says a lot about how staff feel about the residents. This is not the place for my wife and I.

friendly staff, gave a wond...

friendly staff, gave a wonderful tour....residents all seemed active and engaged...no assisted living but has senior helpers... no PT program....will bring my dad back to check out...

Little Issue with Billing

My mother has been there for a few weeks and we're pretty happy with it so far. The staff is very friendly. I think it could cost less, but I don't have any experience with these matters. It's my first go around.

My mother is very happy with the meals. She attends the movies and has been on a couple little trips.

I'm having a little problem with them right now. When I signed up I gave them a deposit and they said they would divide the deposit between the first three months. They keep sending us bills for the remainder of the deposit. The first bill they gave to my mother which really annoyed me. I have a thing that says it's going to divided between three months so I have to sort that out.

Nice. More independent. Som...

Nice. More independent. Some concern for safety and assisted needs. Any outside care additional and separate.

This is a nice property and Bob was v...

This is a nice property and Bob was very friendly and helpful. I'm not sure that this residence gives me the secure feeling I'm looking for for Dad. It was strange to walk in the front door right into the dining area.

We really like Bear Canyon. My folks ...

We really like Bear Canyon. My folks got onto a waiting list for a 2-bedroom apt.

Very upscale, but might be too indepe...

Very upscale, but might be too independent living for mom.

Like it! They offer no care for asist...

Like it! They offer no care for asisted living.

Situated on beautiful grounds in the Northeast Heights of Albuquerque, you’ll love the splendor of the rugged landscape, the coziness of our facilities and the nearby city’s convenience. We’re just minutes from shopping, healthcare, dining and many wonderful regional attractions.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind