Palmilla Senior Living - Albuquerque, NM

2nd visit tour and lunch

I made my 2nd visit and had a delightful lunch with [name removed].
Along our tour, I met several staff members which were very friendly. I also talked to residents, they all had positive comment about their new home. Lunch was good and had many choices of which to pick from. Cherry pie was great!
I wish waiting list wasn't so long......maybe corporate needs to expand the facility in Albuquerque.

I've only been able to see 1 apartment because everything else was full. I am on the waiting list, but it's a gamble as to when. It's really hard to evaluate because at this point I am not a resident.

Samantha McCue

Hi, we are so happy to read such a great review about Palmilla Senior Living! Thank you, and we hope you have a great day.

What a find!!!!

What a gem! In December I moved in and there is no looking back. My days are filled with fun activities, lots of friends, a loving and life enriching atmosphere. I'm so happy I made Palmilla my home!

Highly recommend Palmilla Senior Living

Palmilla is fantastic!!! Our aunt lived there for almost 2 years before she passed away. She was in Assisted Living for the first 6 months and then needed to move to the Memory Care section. The staff was very caring and loving. Our aunt was very happy there. When she got sick, and after being in the hospital for several weeks, she went back there for Hospice. They were all wonderful, especially the head nurse at Palmilla. I would recommend them very highly!

Samantha McCue

Linda Brown, thank you so much for the positive review! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

My mom and stepfather have been residents at Palmilla Independent Living for three years and recently moved into Assisted Living. Unfortunately, mom had a severe stroke shortly after moving. The staff providing care for mom was caring, compassionate and efficient. We found the management staff to be caring and accomodating with us in developing a care plan that would give mom the care that she needed until she passed away. They worked with us as a family and passed good instructions to the staff. This made an unbearable situation a bit better knowing that mom received the best care available in a professional and dignified manner. They continue to provide care for my step-father. Thank you to everyone at Palmilla.

Samantha McCue

Shirley, we are so happy to hear that our staff can provide a great living experience for your mom and stepfather. We truly appreciate the review you gave. Have a great day!

After 2 visits my daughter and I really felt this was my best option. I paid the move in fee and gave [Removed] my 30 days notice today.

They have open dining hall hours

I took a tour here when looking for a place for my Father-in-law and it was nice. We ended up picking this facility because of the dining hall. It’s open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and he could eat at any time in the day. It’s more of a restaurant dining with a menu that varies every day. The other thing I liked is that they offered a lot of other free services like using the fax machine, printer, and transportation. It has been a very nice experience and the staff treats him nicely. I would recommend this facility to other families.

They weren't prepared for a tour

I toured this community with a friend of mine and it was a horrible experience. The director was not giving us her full attention at all and we kept getting interrupted. The pricing was way over budget. They had no information to give us. And they had no rooms available and just overall NOT prepared for a good tour. Needless to say we chose another place.

A beautiful place for senior living. Very modern good location

I give them high marks for working with my grandmother

I was very pleased with the care that they gave my grandmother during her respite stay. She is a late sleeper so they adjusted the times when they came to clean her room for her and she perferred to eat in her room so they would come and take her order and deliver her meals to her. Even though my grandmother did not join in the activities the staff did offer to take her. My mother and I did eat in the dining area with her once and the atmospher was wonderful. The staff is so friendly and they know the residents by their first names. I would definity recommend them, in fact, we have plans to use them again for another Respite stay.

Runs Like A Well Oiled Machine

Dad is going very well since moving here. He has adjusted to his new surroundings and seems to be enjoying himself.
The community is kept very clean inside and out. Being that it's a pet-friendly community the few pets here are well behaved. They offer activities and dad choose which ones he wants to participate in no pressure from the staff. The staff is wonderful very nice and friendly. The food is outstanding. The community allows my dad have someone to come in privately and cut his hair which is nice.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, thank you so much for your positive comments about Palmilla Senior Living! We're glad to hear that we've been able to meet your father's needs and provide him such a pleasant place to live. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Have a great day!

Food portions not balanced.

Everything was really awesome. I'm looking for a place for my mother and she only goes for the best! The only negative was the food, particularly the portion size. The food was tasty but the portions were all wrong. I eat more protein, low fat and low-to-no sugar. I had grilled fish and only received half of a filet. That was not enough. The vegetable and baked potato portions were huge and I could not finish them. They were out of proportion compared to the fish. Otherwise, it was tasty.

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience during your visit. In regards to our dining, at Palmilla Senior Living, we have an anytime dining policy that allows for residents to eat as much as they would like during our dining room hours – so should a particular meal not satisfy their hunger, they are able to order more. We try to balance the portions based on resident preferences, so if for instance, we know a resident prefers more vegetables over protein – we can accommodate that when communicated to staff. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any additional information we can provide.

The Other Community I Looked At

It was further away and a lot bigger community when I went to the tour. The available apartment they had would be upstairs. I thought they would be inconvenient. They were really nice to meet.

My Visit With Them

I had a nice visit to the community and the tour was helpful and upfront. I found that it was too expensive so we did not pick them based on that.

Samantha McCue

Hello there, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback! Thank you for your kind words about our community! If you ever have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

I toured this community for care. The staff were nice and were able to show me the clean community. The did have a lot of activities and the menu seemed to be appealing. I would recommend that families tour this community for good care

Palmilla Senior Living

We visited several other senior living facilities with my Mom.
She immediately felt more comfortable with Palmilla. We made the decision to move here from Silver City. The entire staff has been most helpful and friendly to Mom and our family. Mom has settled into her routine and is enjoying the activities provided by Palmilla. She is making new friends and is enjoying her surroundings.
The only negative has been the hit and miss food. At times the food comes out cold and some of the items are very salty and have too much breading. It is our understanding there will be a new chef in the near future.
Over all our experience with Palmilla has been very good. I would recommend this to others that maybe looking for this type of living for the future.

Unpleasant

Needs updating. Some remodeling would help.
Marketing personnel need more training.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Palmilla Senior Living. Your feedback is an important part of what makes our community so great and we will address each issue provided. If you would like to speak with our Executive Director further about this, please don't hesitate to reach out by calling the community at [removed].

Wonderful Facility

My mother has been living at Palmilla for four months and it has more than lived up to our expectations. The staff is very helpful, friendly and courteous and makes you feel you are at home. It is exceptionally clean and the dining room is excellent including the food preparation and wait staff.

Palmilla made my mother's move from another state to New Mexico a very good and positive experience. I would recommend it in a heartbeat!

Amazing Angels

I want to extend my sincere gratitude to the awesome staff who care and show great respect and gentleness everyday to my parents and my aunt who are all residents at Palmilla. From the minute I walk in the door I am always greeted by the ever lovely and friendly Louise @ the front desk. 😇 Her customer service skills are amazing. The evening staff is also always available when I call, sometimes in a frantic panic looking for my Mom... I say thank you [Removed].
I am so thankful my parents & my aunt are at this amazing facility. The staff who care for my family are Angels... in particular I would like to name the following:
[Removed] RA/MA
[Removed] RA... Palmilla is truly fortunate to have such wonderful, caring individuals working for them. I would also like to acknowledge Lizz, who has been so helpful and is always available to listen and help me navigate through this journey. ❤️
And A BIG thank you to Walter who has been invaluable, I have moved 3 family members in over the last 4 months, couldn't have done it without his help. There are so many wonderful people at Palmilla who make this journey easier, from the friendly kitchen staff, the hard working housekeeping staff, and the entire administrative group !! [Removed], the entire sales and activities group... THANK YOU.😊
This journey is not easy but I feel so blessed knowing these angels are along to help guide and comfort. Keep up the good work! 🎈🎈

Amazing facility!

My father has been living at Palmilla in assisted living since August 2016. Along with his daily Alzheimer's care, he has had several health related emergencies in the past few months - my family and I have been extremely pleased with the staff's urgency and care regarding his needs. I feel at ease knowing he is safe and being well cared for. The nurse at Palmilla is absolutely amazing - dedicated to her work, kind and caring. She has gone out of her way time and time again to ensure my father is being well taken care of.

Wonderful facility - I spent some time looking at other facilities in Albuquerque...this facility was clean, beautiful, and more reasonably priced when compared to other facilities. The eating regiment is more versatile compared to other facilities as well - more accessible to my father's needs and personal preferences - no set eating times....not to mention, their location is ideal for me and my family.

Great job Palmilla! Keep up the excellent work!!!

Best Ever

The absolute best location I have found for my 85 year old. We have had her in several places over the past seven years and Palmilla is the best and last place she will live.

The staff is very professional while being pleasant and attentive.

I highly recommend them to you as a place to put your loved one or yourself.

Not the right fit!

We like it here and the staff was very nice and accommodating. They answered all of our questions and the community was very beautiful. It just did not fit our needs.

Exceptional caregivers!

The concern shown for myself and my husband during his illness cannot be overstated.. Many times the staff was all that stood between me and a totAl meltdown. I will never be able.to show enough appreciation to the care staff for their kindness and help.

The place has a WOW factor when you walk in the door. Food is good and I love the fireplaces throughout the common areas.

we are so pleased!

We had an urgent need to find a facility, and so did not have much chance to shop around. After a few weeks, I can say we made a great choice! What is really impressive is the way the staff genuinely cares for the residents. It is clear this is not just a job, but for them, more of a calling to service. They are not only friendly, but they take the extra time with a resident to let you know they really have the residents best interest at heart.

The meals are excellent, in large portions, especially if that is what the resident wants. Since we have moved Mom in, we have heard from friends who also had excellent experiences at Palmilla, which is certainly reassuring to us.

My Visit With Them

I went one time to visit and found that It was too far on the west side with traffic, visiting her would be problematic for me. They have more staff and it was very pricey. It seemed to be a clean facility and well organized, it was fine to visit. They had a sales person there and I felt like they were trying to sell something and not interested in the care. They are low on staff on weekends.

Samantha McCue

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. We are sorry if it came across that our team members were not interested in care for your loved one, as we strive as a company to provide the best level of care and service for our residents and their family members. If you'd be willing though, we would love to talk directly with you and see if there is anything we can do to help elevate some of your concerns.

Ann Breen, Executive Director
[removed]

Great Place

My mom has been at Palmilla over two years. They have been wonderful to her. I'd particularly like to thanks Anne Breen for her exceptional care and kindness

Bed bugs

I'm not very happy with Palmilla after finding out my father in law's apartment has bed bugs. He's been out of it for one week now while they treat for the problem. Only one person called to say what happened and no one seems to want to tell us what is now happening. Even two visits has not fielded answers!

Hello,
We appreciate you taking the time to reach out. The staff at Palmilla Senior Living take our reviews very seriously and we are very sorry to hear about this negative experience you’ve had at our community. We can assure you we are doing everything in our power to rectify this problem and clear up any misunderstanding about the process. If you’d be willing, our Executive Director, Ann Breen, would love to discuss this matter directly with you. She can be reached at [removed]. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love it

Great place courteous and caring staff. Clean and in good condition. I like the one bedroom unit and especially like the small washer ad dryer in each unit. Apartments are bright and have plenty of natural kight. Enjoyed the meal too. All staff enjoy their jab and are happy to be there. We have looked at other places and thougjt we found one but changed our minds when we saw this one. It is our new favorite.

Too Far For Family

I liked this community when I stopped for a quick visit. The tour went well and I got see the place. No complimentary meals was provided, it was a brief visit. In the end this community was further away from some of the family members. Not an ideal location for us.

This Community Is Great

I like the care they give to my in-laws, it has been going well. They do a good job keeping the facility up and they making it look nice. My in-law get their unit cleaned every other week. They get a good dining experience, it is open for a 12 hour Utrecht during the day. My in-laws like the food.

Great Meals Offered

I enjoyed my tour of this community, everything looked great. They offered us a meal, and the food was good. The lady that showed us around was very kind and informative. There are nice activities offered as well. This is a lovely community with friendly people.

The Tender and Loving Journey

Palmilla Wellness, AL, & MC staff are my other family. Impossible to limit this to 200 characters. Deep gratitude to Lizz, Esmeralda, and Pat - you kept my head and heart together. Louise and Michelle - you always greeted me with love. Angie,Amy,Mark, Elena, Monique,Elizabeth, Janell,and Mary - you were all so gentle and caring. RAs Michelle, Maria, DeeDee Ruben, Lynn, Christina, MaryLou,Iveth, LynnH, Itsel,Dylan and Renee (so loving and fun the last few weeks), Opal-ever efficient and dedicated, Tracy, Tenika, Loriann, Lenore, and Juan. Kayla,I knew you before we lived at Palmilla -you made the days brighter. While I did not know each of you personally, I knew you were there every minute and more.
My sister's life was bearable because of you all. Mine is richer for having you as family. I can't sing your praises loud enough, thank you.

Waiting List...

I took a tour of this community but since it was full I was unable to see a room. I did get to look around and the community did look clean, all the amenities were available except for the smoking area. I did notice it was far away from the building and more close to the trash area. The staff were caring and organized and the residents were very nice. There was a waiting list at the time of my tour.

I am very disappointed in the care my grandpa has received over the last year. Palmia continues to raise the price for "extra" care in the memory unit. He has fallen the last two days and today was rushed to emergency room. This has been his 6th visit to ER since November. The staff has no idea what's going on and continue to place blame on other employees.

Beautiful, well maintained place. Staff always looks happy. My mother is happy. She's in memory care and I was happy that it was secure. Snacks are given while they do crafts and available at all times. Mom would forget she ate. Place was built with the elderly in mind!

Kudos to Palmilla AL/MC staff

Today brought another health emergency, and Palmilla staff running to the aid of my loved one. Elizabeth [removed] and her amazing staff give me enormous peace of mind. They step in with all the necessary solutions and loving care. And they keep me fully informed, a trait I greatly appreciate. Thank you one and all.

Really Happy with Palmilla!

This is the BEST place someone with memory issues could want! My father-in-law has lived here for one year now and it just keeps getting better. The women who help him daily are kind, caring, considerate and very respectful. They get to know him and his needs and are there for him. Whenever I ask them to "watch out" for something, they do! They are amazing ladies. And the med techs look out for issues and alert us. They are there for not only the resident, but for the family as well. Liz, the manager/nurse in charge, is so fun and loves her residents, it's evident! My only issue would be the lack of activities. There is a residents club but it costs $750/month and really isn't worth it. It did not stimulate my father-in-law in the least. It would be nice to have optional activities for residents (pay as you go). My father-in-law loved taking bus trips but you can only do that if you're in the residents club. There isn't enough for him to participate in (and not sure he would anyway).

Elizabeth [removed]

Director of Wellness is amazing. She keeps me informed when I am I unable to be with my loved one. She goes way beyond standard care. I value Mrs. Elizabeth's personal caring more than I can say.

I pray that she will remain on staff for many years.

Very Kind

Well the director of the Palmilla Senior Living place has been very, very kind with working with multiple family members and ensuring the safety of our loved one and answering any questions about the care.

Employees unhappy

Staff very frustrated with management. High turnover.

The Best Place

My parents love it there and they are very active and the staff keeps the place nice and clean and well-maintained and they meet my loved ones needs and I think it is probably the best place my parents could have gone.

high turnover

very high turnover of staff. Why are good caregivers leaving?

interaction with people has been very good

I think she really likes Palmilla Senior Living . She has had health issues since she got there though so that has been difficult. She loves the food there. The interaction with people has been very good. Overall things have gone very well so far.

activites consist of shopping

The activities they offered when my mom first moved it was more entertaining things and now it is shopping.

Very Happy

we are extremely happy with Palmilla. My parents are very happy with food, care, and enjoy the friendliness of the all staff. The staff have been great answering any questions we may have. I feel I can ask for help from anyone. From the nurse director to the care staff. The kitchen staff are very nice. I am very happy we made this move, I feel at ease knowing my parents are safe and taken care.

teresa,Liz and drugs

My mother lives there and she is extrememly upset with what she has overheard caregivers gossiping about in the laundry and rooms. [removed] Mom is afraid that pills aren't being distributed properly and things are being [removed] from rooms!
She and her friends are even talking about a conversation overheard in the laundry area about two employees [removed]
The new Head nurse ,Liz, is arrogant and has the bedside manor of a wet sponge. I had the displeasure of meeting her once and that was enuff to know my mother needs to be in a different facility.
If you are considering puting a parent or family member into Palmilla, reconsider!!!

incompetent

the Head nurse "Liz" is extremely rude and incompetent. She does not appear to know what she is doing!

Bed bugs

The whole building has bed bugs in all the apartments. My mother has complained numerous times without resolution. If not fixed soon we will be moving her out

Awesome AL Care

The management and AL staff are amazing. I have immediate access and response to any concerns from the AL Director. It is very comforting to solve issues together. All staff from dining to Resident Aides to management, care deeply and personally about my loved one. They make me confide t knowing we're giving care together.

Beautiful facility

Great community that offers all services. Staff is amazing with residents, and very clean and friendly. Everyone is very nice and I always feel welcomed and able to approach anyone for help.

very happy

I have been very happy with what they have offered and provided at Palmilla Senior Living.

The only area for improvement I have noticed is their communication between themselves. It would help if they had a board or something where they could log specific information about the residents that the other staff members could see and be informed of.

Other than that everything with them has been good and we have been pleased with the service.

Reminder For Activities

I guess the activities for the assisted living, it would be helpful if they would make more of an effort to involve them. Some of them may have problems with memory so if the caregivers could remind them that would be helpful.

Kudos to Elizabeth Wisneski

We have struggled for the past month connecting with my sibling's doctor to request medication changes. Elizabeth Wisneski, Director of Assisted Living, worked tirelessly and effectively in securing the medication prescriptions and orders.

She communicates with me frequently about any issues. I deeply value her concern and vigilance.

After spending many days on the net, and visiting all the top facilities in Albuquerque, our family placed our Aunt and her independent care givers in the new Palmilla Senior facility as it opened in 2013. During the time she resided there until her recent passing, she couldn't have been In a safer, cleaner, or better managed facility in all of New Mexico. The food is good, the management is competent, compassionate, and never too busy to address your concerns. It was important for me to get timely feedback, as I was managing my Aunts care from Colorado. I highly recommend this facility.

A wonderful open facility with a great staff who were welcoming and sincere. Decor is very nice and color choices were uplifting and comforting at same time. Went at the lunch hour and the food smell was great, the portions were well balanced and not stingy on the serving size. All residents seemed comfortable and peaceful. The memory care unit has a very unique style to it - everyone has a front porch and a private room/space with the staff located right in the hub of activity. Very easy progression into the unit from other areas as one progresses in need. Is located in a different area of town then my folks would be used to but once in the facility may be easy enough to get used to, hard to know for sure.

Clean and friendly

My mother and I have visited several facilities this month. My mother really enjoyed this facility. We were treated very well from the start, I was very impressed by the staff acknowledgment. I was more impressed to see the residents attending activities, as activities are very important for my mother. It's clean and residents looked very happy.

too much gossip!

rent is too expensive. There is alot of gossip with the staff. They think residents and families don't know but we know.

more concern with cost

care too long to answer when called. Management more concerned with raising rent and cost of care than anything else.

First week

Staff was very friendly and the food is superb. The largest area for improvement may be In getting new residents connected with others. I saw the buddy system work quite well where my Mother formerly lived and they also had luncheons for new people with the residents who signed up to be buddies. They also recognized those residents who went out of their way to make others feel at home. It is so critical to make new people feel welcomed and to make friends.

"This Feels Like Home"

The Palmilla Senior Living slogan is: "This Feels Like Home".
Their slogan is absolutely appropriate!
My Dad is in Assisted Living. My Mom is in Memory Care since December 2014. I would need a few pages to express and describe how Palmilla Senior Living is a wonderful community! The community is first class. The staff is caring, professional, efficient, helpful and friendly! The Executive Director (Teresa) and Directors of Community Relations (Ann-Director, Tammy-Coordinator)/Business Office (Patti))/Wellness (Trish)/Assisted Living (Lizz)/Fun (DeeDee)/Kitchen (Brad)/Maintenance (Victor), Concierge Desks, Med Techs, Caregivers, Life Enrichment-Physical Therapy-Activities Specialists, and Food Service Providers are top-notch! I am on a first name basis with everyone-just amazing (75+ people)! The residence (facility) is beautiful, clean, and very importantly safe! The food is excellent! The facility is fabulous, the staff and residents even more so.
I am so happy with this Retirement Living selection, I bring everyone cookies and cake.
Thank you Palmilla Senior Living!
It really does feel like home!

a word of thanks

My mother Marjorie [last name removed] is a resident at Palmilla in Albuquerque. I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful care she is receiving. I moved Mom and Dad into Assisted living a little over a year ago, and transferred Mom to the Memory Center when Dad passed in November.
I hesitate to mention anyone by name, since it might appear I am leaving someone out, EVERY staff member I have come in contact with is terrific. Having said that, Patrisha deserves honorable mention for helping me keep my parents together until the end, Angie for providing tireless care in the AL, Michelle for always greeting me with a smile at the Concierge Desk, Mary Lou, Denise and Kayla for their watchful eye in the Memory Center, and Anthony for being such a caring individual. For others not mentioned by name I apologize, because everyone deserves kudos.
I can rest comfortably at night knowing my mother is well cared for, Thank You.

Great prospect for the future

Extremely clean, lovely community. I have considered Palmilla for my parents and still do. At the moment they can still manage on their own but when the time comes. Palmilla heads the list. I know the Director of nursing Patricia from her days at a another community and trust her completely. Care staff really do care and always have a friendly smile.

Awesome friendly care & staff

One of the best, most beautiful communities in Albuquerque, from the decor to the awesome food served in dining room. Palmilla staff are always smiling and friendly. Director of nursing Trish and her team are on the spot with care. Very easy to work with. Definitely one of my favorites to visit.

very efficient, smooth transition

They were very efficient as far as getting my mother in and set up. They had everything arranged, her place clean, and they made it a very smooth transition.

The biggest issue that my mother had was with maintenance. The maintenance was good overall, but there were some issues with the Comcast cable box and it took a good while for the issue to get resolved. they finally got Comcast out there and found out there was an issue with the box.

Other than that, mom has been very happy with them.

Caring kind staff

Caring kind staff.very attentive to residents & families needs. Trish director of nursing always available to address our concerns. Michelle greets everyone with a smile. Great food

I had the opportunity to tour Palmilla about a month ago and was very impressed with their beautiful facility. The staff was excellent, as everyone who I encountered was very friendly with a warm smile and a kind "Hello". The decor was absolutely beautiful and the entire facility was very clean and impressive. I'm not quite ready to make the move into assisted living but when I do Palmilla will be the very first call I make.

Thoughts from an Impressed/Appreciative Entertainer

For the past several months I have been participating in Palmilla's activities program by leading music lectures for the residents and every visit there has been an absolute pleasure. The staff are caring and professional, the physical facility is well-designed and lovely but, most importantly, the residents are engaged and happy. I feel privileged to be a part of this joyful community.

Weekly Bible Studies at Palmilla

My wife and I plus a music director provide weekly Bible Studies at Palmilla on Wednesdays. I feel very blessed to
be able to study God's word with very dedicated residents
at this wonderful facility. Palmilla not only provides the
theater for these studies but they also provide the Lifeway
materials that we use. In addition, Palmilla provides lunch
for all three of us every Wednesday. We are all impressed
with the outstanding staff and the cooperation that all of
them provide us in making sure that we get a great group
of residents at these studies. We congratulate the Executive
Director, other Directors and the rest of the staff for their
great assistance.

Palmilla Senior Living Is The Best Value In Albuquerque

This is one of the friendliest nursing homes that I have visited. The staff is very courteous and willing to help with anything. This is also one of the cleanest facilities that I have been to, you can tell they really care about the people who live here, work here, and who walk in their front doors.
Thank you Palmilla staff for what you are doing for the seniors of Albuquerque!!

Wonderful Nursing Team

I have been working alongside the nursing staff for a year and find them to be consistently caring, and responsive to their needs. Michelle is always so helpful when I call and walk in the door. Amy, Shellie, and Esme have been extraordinarily persistent at maintaining the medication rooms and carts. Trish is always available to help guide the staff and take care of the families and residents. The facility is beautiful and always clean. Overall, they are a great team!

Mom spent her last days at Palmilla. The staff in memory care were so caring. Nurse Trish was always so responsive and caring to mom. I know at the end of the day I could rest comfortable knowing mom was well cared for.

Very Satisfied

Moved my parents into Palmilla in December 2014. I have found the facility, staff, food and activities to be very good. In particular their Director of Wellness Lizz has been terrific in keeping me posted on my parents and has been outstanding in helping handle issues as I live very far away from Albuquerque and am unable to see them very often. Their Residence Club has been a terrific activity for my Mother.

My experience with Palmilla

The staff at Palmilla are very friendly and courteous, from Michelle at reception to the med techs....they are all great. They greet me every time I come through the door, answer any questions I have and always have a smile for you. Also they have a fabulous chef!

Love Palmilla

We are approaching a year that my parents have lived at Palmilla. One is in memory care and the other in assisted. The staff is wonderful. Very caring and attentive to them. Good food, lots of activities, if they choose to take part in them. Beautifully maintained facility. we kids feel at ease knowing the parents are safe and well cared for. Would highly recommend Palmilla to anyone looking for outstanding senior care.

Wonderful Place on the Westside

I've lived here for about a year, and I find the care staff along with other staff members are very helpful in my needs. I find the food is tasty and the dietary staff is very accurate on what I like to have daily. The maintenance crew is fairly fast and responds to calls. I have enjoyed my stay so far, and I do enjoy the company of the other residents at Happy Hour. Everyone here is very nice and there is always smiles on everyones faces. Palmilla could have more activities mainly outdoor activities, also indoor activities.

Everytime i come in employees are very kind, especially front desk Michelle, the med techs are very helpful Esme, Kat, and Amy. The facility memory care unit, Vanessa, Mary Lou. Maintenance is great as well, Victor! I see the love and care that the staff has for all their residents and how welcomed they make all the families feel. And the nurse Lizz is very kind and attentive to the families and residents.

Wonderful care and service

Palmilla creates a caring environment in which everyone feels valued. They do so by communicating with residents about their personal care needs and follow through in a timely manner.
This cheerful and sincere approach is demonstrated by daily contact with care staff and the dietary staff.
They exhibit the best of what a senior living residence is all about.

Accepting Senior Living for your father.

My father lives in the Memory Care unit of Palmilla. We chose this facility for cleanliness, newness, and proximity to our home. It took a long time for Dad's three children to agree Dad needed to move from his house to assisted living. It only took us a week to all agree on Palmilla. Dad has been there 6 months, 4 in assisted living and 2 in Memory Care. We agreed to move him from assisted to Memory Care when the care he required exceeded what assisted living could rationally provide. We find the caregivers very friendly and helpful - always willing to do extra things to make Dad comfortable. More important the directors (nurses) take personal interest in individuals. We had a slightly unusual case, Dad's memory progression was faster than we hoped, and it was handled excellently. I urge anyone interested in assisted living to stay at the facility several hours and observe. Delve into what care is normal, what extra care can be purchased, and what care in not available at the location. Dad is not very social so it is the caregivers and staff that provide interaction. By the way, we thought Palmilla's social activities were fine but Dad won't partake.

Great Place!

This is a beautiful two year old facility with wonderful staff. The only issue I see with Palmilla is that the departments work independently and not cohesively. The med techs, care staff, activities and nursing don't always communicate.

Very nice, modern, well appointed facility with (at least) three levels of residency: independent, assisted, and memory care. The proximity to a hospital is good, but it's location does not afford outlook or neighborhood connection.

Enjoyed Sunday brunch here on Dec. 21, and met with Ann Breen of the Marketing Dept. She was a delight. When I chatted with some of the residents, I asked what their increase in fees would be when they needed an upgrade in their care (e.g., from independent living to assisted living). One couple, who are quite happy at Palmilla, didn't seem to have a clue how much it could cost, and didn't seem to care. That struck me as a bit "pie-in-the-sky." Excellent food and attractively presented, by the way.

Thank you, Palmilla, for your care and attention.

In June 2014 our 94-year-old mother moved into Assisted Living at Palmilla Senior Living, Albuquerque, NM. Overall, our family has been very pleased with the facility and her care. Inevitable kinks along the way have been resolved, and she is doing great. The facility is clean; staff is courteous, upbeat and attentive; the food is very good; and there are lots of activities for residents to enjoy. Thanks to these attributes, and to the recent addition of in-house physical therapy, we have seen a noticeable, positive effect on our mother's mental and physical well-being. In fact, she is doing better now than when she moved in. Having unfortunately experienced the opposite end of the senior-living spectrum, we deeply appreciate the caring and professional atmosphere at Palmilla.

Beautiful! And lots to do!

As a Home Care PT for Advantage Home Care & Hospice, I see a lot of assisted living facilities. This one is gorgeous! And they offer so many activities, they have 3 different schedules to keep track of it all. I, as a PT, especially like that Palmilla offers multiple exercise classes, daily. The Palmilla staff has also demonstrated that they have a strong commitment to keeping their residents functioning at the highest level of independence as possible by offering free wellness screening to help identify potential problems before they become real mobility issues. The staff is very friendly and very helpful whenever I have a question, and I have observed staff on many occasions interacting w/their residents in a courteous, respectful, and helpful manner. I have not had an opportunity to try the food, but everyone I've spoken to says it's great, too! I would definitely recommend Palmilla.

Truly Feels like home

My wife and I are in our seventh week in Independent Living at Palmilla Senior Living and love. The residents have been very warm in welcoming us and making us immediately feel at home. All of the staff members are very friendly, courteous and most helpful and the food is great. I would recommend Palmilla to anyone considering moving to a senior facility.

Nice facilities but not a lot of focus on care.

I toured a lot of places and this was one of them. A lot of places have nice facilities, and window dressings, this included. However the directors and managers seem to be more interested in vacancy rates, and maintaining their occupancy, than actual patient care. A lot of them don't want any kind of liability. Make sure to ask the retention rate or average tenure of the staff. It didn't have a great homey feel to it.

Great View If You Only Need One Bedroom

My wife and I have visited Palmilla Senior Living at least twice in our search for such a place in the Albuquerque area. We have done the tour of the facility, had a meal there and really liked much that it has to offer.

One of the outstanding features is the view from the front of the building. It over looks the rio grande valley and the western face of the Sandia mountains. There is no better view for miles around. We could sit on a balcony or look out the window at that scene all day long. The problem is that for all the units that face that direction, and there are many such units, none of them are two bedroom units that we require. Such a shame --- to be so close and yet, we would be so far from seeing the best sight this side of the Mississippi River.

Doing okay so far.

It's pretty clean, however I have found the sanitizer bag empty going into the dining room. They also seem to be short staffed in the dining room, I have to ask for what we need, and some of the time they forget. The staff is pretty friendly, they are starting to recognize me. The food is good. The medication fee is pretty expensive. I liked that it was a brand new facility, and the location.

They tried, and are very nice....

They were not able to meet her needs at all. I liked them and they were clean and the staff was friendly. I think they underestimated what we told them the challenges would be. They tried to work with us and help us set up solutions. And in some ways they did help us. It just didn't work out.

Nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. This was a nice looking community, and everyone we spoke with seemed friendly. However, it was more expensive than similar options we had seen. She also would not have been able to bring her little dog, which was one of our main requirements.

Really awesome!

My parents have been living here since November, and we could not be happier. With the location and the services they provide, considering other places in the area, it is by far the best option. It is a good size, not too huge, and the staff is amazing. They are very receptive to the needs of the residents and they are quick to take care of whatever they need. The food is also really good. It is a wonderful place, and everyone there does a wonderful job!

They do a very good job.

They are a new facility, and the prices are a little more than I would like to pay. I think she is doing better, here, than she was before. There are a lot of extra charges though, it's an a la carte pricing. They are very responsive, all I need to do is make a phone call and they are back to me within a couple of hours. They lost their activities director in the memory care so those have stalled a little. The food is pretty good, but it is prepared on the other side and sometimes gets to the memory care area a little cold.

Beautiful

Price wise it’s very, very reasonable. They have a wonderful dining room with a menu so you can actually make your selection so you don’t have to eat whatever everyone else is eating. They have a free shuttle – mostly to groceries. It’s new so everything is beautiful.

Very close to fitting our n...

Very close to fitting our needs. Apartment we saw was so tiny! They do have floor plans for a larger one. Too far from Albuquerque

Palmilla Senior Living

Palmilla has been a great experience for my parents. They're in an independent living apartment. The only thing i would fault at all is the food. the program is great - they can eat anytime between 7am and 7pm in a restaurant-style setting - but the menu doesn't change a lot and the food is pretty bland and not as healthy as it could be - too many processed foods and very few sugar or gluten substitutes. I wonder if they believe older people don't taste as much - my parents do - but are satisfied with everything else so much that they don't complain. i think it's not complaining - but helping Palmilla to give the very best living experience. Everything in the facility is kept very clean; the staff is caring and friendly and helpful; there are a lot of fun and interesting activities that my parents enjoy daily; and the best thing is that I don't have to worry - they are happy and enjoying this time in their lives and especially - Palmilla is going to be there if anything happens until we can get there.

I really do not have that much feedba...

I really do not have that much feedback as far as activities go, because my loved one really wasn't able to participate in them. However, the staff did a good job in trying to get her up and out of her room, and around the other residents. Although it was a relatively short stay, we really could not have asked for a better place!

So happy!

It's such a nice place! We are so happy with it! We went and looked at about three other places in the area, and this was the one! They had availability when we needed it, and we are all so happy with it! We are very impressed with how clean it is, and the food is really good! The staff are all very friendly and helpful and just right on it! If we have any questions, they are there! They have both independent living and assisted living! We are just so happy!

The communication between the morning and evening staff could be improved.

The communication between the morning and evening staff could be improved. I think the food is wonderful. There are a few of the staff that are particularly friendly and helpful. They offer aging in place so to speak. They have Independent, Assisted, Nursing, and Memory Care all here.

a wonderful new place with ...

a wonderful new place with much care provided as far as we can see - will follow up

Quality Went Downhill

At first they went all out and the food was delicious. It's really gone downhill. the menu is really repetitive. they don't have enough menu choices, that's the biggest complaint my mother has. Their selling point was that they would be able to take her to doctor appointments. Now if it's over 10 miles then it's $30. I was very disappointed in that because the point is to get her to these appointments when I'm working. Albuquerque is not a huge city so you have to go where their doctors are. I haven't seen them clean but I can tell that it's not being cleaned the way I would clean. Not that it's dirty but they just don't do the extra touches.

The place is beautiful but I just don't think they're coming through with their promises. Overall they're good but they come on strong with all these things that are not really panning out. I can't say that it's not good but it's not the top quality that they gave in the first month.

Rio Rancho. Brand new. $193...

Rio Rancho. Brand new. $1930 - 4285 until included, 2 meals, housekeeping, phone extra. $2000 community fee. 158 units.

Welcome to Palmilla Senior Living, a luxury community in Albuquerque, NM. Here you or your loved one can enjoy a full lifestyle that balances activity, independence and assistance. It includes upscale amenities, chef-prepared meals, concierge services, transportation and enriching activities—all in New Mexico's high desert, within minutes of the Sandia Mountains.