The Lodge Assisted Living and Memory Care - Carson City, NV

Recent management changes

This facility wasn’t as large as some of the other places that I had toured, but it was one of the cheapest. They only take 18 to 20 residents at one time on the memory care unit. Upon arriving, I notice that the unit is much smaller than other facilities and they don’t really have room for my wife to walk around. If I brought my wife here, I would be able to walk her around the facility as long as she was with me. While I’m not there she would, unfortunately, have to be locked in the memory care unit. One thing I really noticed is there had been a lot of management changes. When I went in I spoke with one manager and when I called they had told me they were let go and someone else was in charge. Besides that, all of the other staff members seemed to be fine and the caregivers were nice. I would have loved to pick this facility because my wife would have been closer to our home. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Okay place

So far the place is okay. It is kind of too early to tell, but the staff is nice and the building is clean. There were a few problems in the beginning, but those have been resolved.

Very friendly, excellent, wheelchair friendly setup

What was really important to us was that it had a good feel of friendliness, but also, the setup was really the best of the five properties we looked at. This place has a walk in shower in the hallway, wide hallways, one can maneuver in the kitchen and bathroom in a wheelchair.

They are on the same floor as the dining room, which makes it easy and convenient to turn around. The place is very comfortable for them.

So far the experience has been very good, and we're very glad that we found The Lodge.

Would NOT recommend!

We had a terrible experience with this community. Our loved one was only here for 3 weeks, and in that time she feel 5 or 6 times, and had an infection that went mostly ignored. The staff seemed friendly at first but the level of care they provided was absolutely terrible. We moved our loved one out, and would not recommend this place to anyone.

food & food presentation needs improvement

Everything is as expected except fot the dining experience. Staff is friendly & inviting. The meals are like high school cafeteria. Not much professionality in dining experiance. Feels a bit unclean. Washing seats with the same towel as washing table. Serving cookies & bread (no plate) on the table...I would expect a bit more professionalism & cleanliness. Nutrition comes to question? Have you tried the salad? Or the quesadilla? Not very remarkable! Otherwise, mom is pretty happy! Must work on food to keep her in this property!

Beautiful but not the right fit for us.

It was nice, it was beautiful. We considered it, but it was in kind of a busy location, there was a casino right across the street. It felt kind of boxed in, not free flowing. They also didn't offer shuttle service outside of the Carson area, so Dr. appointments would have been difficult for us. Beautiful but not the right fit for us.

Never Followed Up

They were okay. I looked at them but they never followed up or anything so they became excluded because the never followed up with me.

The Lodge is Carson City's newest assisted living and only residential care-style memory care!

Our mission is simple: creating environments where moments of joy, independence, and wellness are the focus each and every day. Visit us for an hour, a day, or a week and you’ll experience our mission in action from the moment you walk in the door.

Looking for more than the standard assisted living amenities and services? Ask us about our unique Balance Fitness(R) program, individualized memory care services, our VIP Program, and more!

We are conveniently located, with easy access to Highways 395 and 50. Just 15 minutes east of Lake Tahoe, The Lodge overlooks beautiful Eagle Valley.

At The Lodge, you can feel right at home in a residential area in close proximity to the Carson/Tahoe Hospital, medical facilities, and shopping. Our assisted living neighborhood includes 31 studio, 28 one-bedroom, and 2 two-bedroom apartments designed to fit your lifestyle. Our memory care neighborhood includes 8 shared bath (jack and jill style) studios and 13 private bath studios. Need to stretch a loved one's finances? Ask about our new shared memory care option!