MorningStar Senior Living of Sparks - Sparks, NV

• Memory Care Services
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Laundry services
  • Daily Housekeeping
  • Transportation
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • 24 hour care
  • Respite Care

MoronStar previously Boneheadventure

Sloppy care, and communication. Constant employee turnover. Would not recommend to anyone. Monthly rent/care equal to 5-6 mortgage payments for a room the size of a one car garage, and grade school cafeteria food. Clothing, and linens constantly mixed with other residents. Clothes always stained. Should have took a picture for the health department of the bathroom toilet, and floor covered with feces, and soiled diapers hanging from bath towel racks, with no towels, or washcloths in sight. All these "senior care" places suck. Suck your life savings as much as possible. Prices they charge are as much as they can possibly gouge you for, to satisfy they're never ending greed. They know they have you, since there is not much in the way of alternatives for senior care.

Lorna Lee

We are so sorry to read of your poor opinion of MorningStar. We take tremendous pride in delivering excellence to our beloved residents and their guests. Our suites are noteworthy for their spacious and thoughtful interior design, many with wonderful views of the Sierras. Meals are prepared by a European-trained Executive Chef. And we have a full housekeeping team to maintain the cleanliness of our community. Still, we will take your critique to heart, and resolve to ever improving our quality and delivery of service. We are building Family for Life, a responsibility and a privilege we feel deeply.

Mom was happy here

My mom was here for a week for respite care. She loved it here. The staff was wonderful, It was clean she never found anything wrong. She really enjoyed the food. She would play bingo and she won $20 that was here highlight of the week. I would recommend this community.

Very Satisfied

My mother-in-law was not always the most cooperative but the staff is super friendly and easy to communicate with and helped encourage her to participate in as much that was available as possible. There were numerous activities to participate in every day such as blackjack night and playing volleyball with balloons. As well they have a list of all the day's activities that was delivered to her room which I loved. It is also always very clean which I appreciated and noticed.

Right Place

This was the only community that we toured and we liked it as soon as we saw it plus they had an opening which was perfect timing for us. The staff is very nice and helpful. Mom is liking the food she has already gained weight. She is doing some of the activities and has made a few friends. The community is a little less than 10 years old and it is very clean and well kept. It gives me the piece of mind knowing she is being well cared for.

Meal time is my dad's favorite time of the day

My dad is doing really well here, the staff is very friendly and attentive to the residents. The community is very nice, clean and has a lot for him to do. My dad's favorite time of the day is meal time he really likes the food they serve here. Dad is also making friends and I am happy with how well he is doing.

I took my daughter and sister and a niece and we were all well pleased with the Morningstar facility. It was clean and spacious and staff and residents were all friendly. The memory care was the best I have seen and I have seen many. We will be happy once our father gets comfortable living there.

would have been our first choice!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have to say I am a little disappointed in the staff. This was actually my first choice out of the different locations I had looked at for my father but I could never get in touch with anyone after our visit. Every time I called I never got answers and was always promised a call back that I never received. I was crunched for time and they did not have any organization going on.

Everything is going well!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far things have been going very well for her. The staff have been friendly and accommodating to her needs as best as possible. She has been enjoying the meals they are providing as well as the different activities throughout the week. Overall we are pleased and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

Not meeting my expectations

I think they are understaffed. I think some of the staff takes their job seriously and some do not.They were not following her care plan. She is required to have two showers a week. The aides were coming in to give her a shower and marking that she refused. They should be trained to handle these situations. I don't feel they follow-up with me often enough. I check on my mom often, she means a lot to me.

Accommodating Staff!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far everything is going well for her. I am very comfortable with the quality of care that the staff have been providing her and I am happy see how welcoming the residents where to her. She has had no complaints about the food and is looking forward to participating in many of the activities they have to offer throughout the week. Overall very well maintained property that I would defiantly recommend.

Care for mom and dad

We like the care at this community for my parents. The staff are nice and attentive. It was not easy getting into the community. The community could use some small improvements. My parents are mostly doing things on there own together. They do enjoy the afternoon snacks in the afternoon. We would recommend this care and value of this community to other families for good care.

Lovely place! Light and airy.

Morningstar was one of the nicest communities that I toured. It was as nice as the facility that I eventually selected, but was more a bit more expensive. I did not see anything extra that they offered that my mother would be interested in using, so we went with another community.

Very Good Experience

We had a very good experience during the time my mother was at this community. I knew she was safe and being cared for well here. The staff was great, they were very helpful and friendly. Everything worked out well for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Morningstar

It's a little difficult to fully evaluate, as I am not able to personally inspect the facility. Everything I am told by my Mother's friends is very good. It does seem quite pricey, but then, I don't have any experience with this sort of thing......so maybe not. Dottie is very upbeat and ready to either answer questions or find out the answer if she doesn't happen to know something. My Mother tells me that the food is good, but they want her to eat too much! (lol) All in all, I feel we made a good choice to put her there.

Mom Loves Morningstar

From the beginning of finding Morningstar our experience has been great. The staff is wonderful. Everyone has been very welcoming and helpful. But most importantly Mom loves it!!!

Great Activities

My mother is happy here and I am very pleased with this community. This is a nice community and it looks good and pretty clean. The staff has been kind and helpful to my mother when she needs them. The activities they offer are great, she enjoys bingo, ice cream socials,and the work out classes. This is one of the better community we looked at and everything so far has been great.

Housekeeping is not emptying the diaper genie. Meds changes sometimes take a while. The salesperson who rented the room has not acknowledged the resident since. All other personnel are helpful and friendly.

Great place

My Parents were only there for a month. My Mom decided that she did want to live there. They were just there for a trial month. I enjoyed visiting them there. I enjoyed the people and the staff and I thought it was a great place.

Excellent Place

I would definitely say that their follow-through was excellent. Also, the caregivers really come across as compassionate and caring about the residents at MorningStar. And lastly the food there is great.

They've been good.

They've been good. I don't have any major complaints at this point. It's relatively clean, and the staff is pretty friendly. They were somewhat less expensive and we liked it the best. We are pretty happy with them.

Disappointing Administration

I think the administration is lacking. I think they've done a poor job. The fact that they were in the middle of being sold and didn't bother letting anybody know upset me. My understanding is that Bonaventure has sold pretty much all their assisted living places now so they're pretty much out of the game.

Overall I'm happy with the people there and I'm happy with the facility but from the administrative stand point things didn't go the way they said they would and now, with the change over, Bonaventure may be out of our price range.

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you for letting us know about your concerns, as we take resident and family satisfaction very seriously. We understand your concerns on the pending sale of Bonaventure of Sparks, and we want to assure you that while ownership is changing, the staff and community will still be providing the care and support you have come to expect. We notified residents and family as soon as it was legally possible, and are working to ensure the transition is smooth for everyone involved. Bonaventure's decision to sell was not made lightly, but was based on a desire to focus future growth in the Pacific Northwest and Colorado, and with larger more robust communities. Sparks is a beautiful community that fits this model, but is outside our geographic focus. We will greatly miss the wonderful residents and staff, but we are confident the new ownership will continue to ensure a high quality standard of living for the residents. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Bonaventure home office at [removed].

A Very Nice Place

It was very nice. It just wasn't quite in my mom's price range. They have a good program as far as the care set up. They don't move you around if you go from independent living to assisted. You can keep your same room and they just upgrade you on the spot so that's kind of nice. The place is very nice as far as the food and living space too.

Assisted Living – Reno NV Area’s Most Trusted Choice – Independent Living
We strive to create a true home where you can enjoy your retirement years as carefree as possible. Offering a lifestyle of comfort, wellness and community, our team works diligently to give residents a quality of life eclipsing that of other senior living facilities. At MorningStar of Sparks, we are proud to offer 128 bright suites for independent living and 80 for assisted living. Additionally, our Reflections Neighborhood offers 32 secure suites devoted to the individualized, specialized care of those with memory impairment caused by Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.For seniors needing a helping hand from time to time, MorningStar is here, with the surpassing goal of being the best assisted living in Reno, NV area. When contrasted with other senior assisted living facilities, MorningStar’s exceptional architecture and design will impress you from the first. Our graciously appointed spaces are extensions of your private suite—polished and ready to receive your callers at a moment’s notice.